PDA

View Full Version : Question on 'Dukie' V

VaDukie
05-18-2007, 08:49 PM
So last night at a baseball game the conversation turned to ACC basketball. One of my friends claimed that in early February Vitale claimed that Duke would be a #1 seed. This was a statement I beleived to be so flagrantly unbeleivable that it took all my restraint to not call him on it - but with no way to prove him wrong and being surrounded by a generally pro-UNC crowd I was sure my comment would be shot down with the "Vitale is a Duke homer" chorus for the rest of the game. The story seemed so purely anecdotal that I just can't beleive it to be true.

Does anyone here remember this happening? Can anyone here beleive it is even remotely feasible?

mepanchin
05-18-2007, 09:06 PM
Maybe if we had McRoberts...

phaedrus
05-18-2007, 09:36 PM
early february before the first losing streak? ludicrous, but feasible.

after or during the losing streak? not a chance.

kramerbr
05-18-2007, 10:38 PM
...Dickie V saying that before Duke went on their losing streak he thought they were on their way to a possible #1 seed. The statement probably did come around that time seems he made the statement after the losing began.

mepanchin
05-19-2007, 01:20 AM
Oh I misread it.

Uh, I don't remember him saying that, but I wouldn't put it past him. Dick Vitale brings nothing substantial to college basketball analysis anymore (or maybe ever).

VaDukie
05-19-2007, 04:11 AM
...Dickie V saying that before Duke went on their losing streak he thought they were on their way to a possible #1 seed. The statement probably did come around that time seems he made the statement after the losing began.

Well I guess that settles it. Glad I stayed quiet...