PDA

View Full Version : Lost- rampant speculation

JasonEvans
05-18-2007, 05:51 PM
Ok, I was doing some random reading on Lostpedia and something jumped out to me.

I went in search of the page on "Annie"-- the little girl who is young Ben's girlfriend at Dharma. I went to her page and came across this line:

Annie is Kate. Kate used the alias "Annie" in one of her cons.

Wow!!!!

On a show that is so precise about most things, can it be a coincidence that Kate used the name "Annie" as an alias when she was on the run in Australia? Could it be the producers trying to throw a curve at us or does it actually mean something?

I dunno the answer, but that would be very interesting. Consider that Annie and Kate do have similar looks (long brown hair, roundish face, brown eyes). Granted the traits they have are very common, but if Ben's Annie was blondish or blue-eyed it would run this theory out.

Obviously, there are time problems with Kate being Annie-- not least among them the fact that Ben is now considerably older than Kate (if he was younger, this would work nicely because time seems to pass slower on the island). Still, the show and the island seem to have varrying definitions of how time works. Maybe Kate is Annie reincarnated or something wild like that.

I'd rate this theory well below my "most folks get to the island via the Looking Glass station and then take the sub from Looking Glass to the dock" theory in terms of my condfidence in it-- but still, it is worth pondering.

By the way, my favorite current theory is that Richard is one of the crew of the Black Rock. Oh, and I have backed off the Jacob is the captain of the Black Rock theory. I think the Black Rock was captained by Magnus Hanso, Alvar Hanso's great-great-great-grandfather (or something like that).

-Jason "is it freaking Wednesday yet?!?!" Evans

Exiled_Devil
05-18-2007, 09:02 PM
Interesting Kate-is-Annie theory. I'm with you - less likely than the looking glass being a portal of some sort.

I mentioned elsewhere that the most conspicuous omission from the review show was the conversation on the beach between Ben and Kate. I think we will see that in the future, and it will have meaning.

I am currently thinking about who is double-crossing whom, and I think that Rousseau is a great candidate to betray the Losties. Also, I don't fully trust Naomi yet. I wonder if there is a correlation between flashback and credibility? Haven't seen either of their flashbacks - don't fully trust them.

My prediction for next week: Tony Saprano shows up in the Looking Glass, and Hiro comes along and cuts his head off, mistaking him for Sylar. Future Hiro is how people get on the island, and Sylar is Jacob. All the loose ends taken care of. Easy as pie.

Exiled

Yes, I use absurdity as a coping mechanism. I want my TV shows !

MarineTwinsDad
05-19-2007, 03:15 PM
In considering the Looking Glass, and in light of some of the comments I've read here and there, I wonder how big a space would be necessary to create an artificial environment ala "The Truman Show"? In that case, the "experiment" would have to be run by rather ruthless people. How to explain the crash of the plane? The passengers would have been put to sleep while the plane was in the air, and transferred to the crashing plane. Ben would not be in on it, but is responding as the "Lord of the Flies" boys.

gus
05-21-2007, 05:52 AM
I wonder if there is a correlation between flashback and credibility?

Ben Linus has had a flashback episode.

OZZIE4DUKE
05-21-2007, 09:43 AM
Never mind...

cato
05-22-2007, 03:17 PM
In considering the Looking Glass, and in light of some of the comments I've read here and there, I wonder how big a space would be necessary to create an artificial environment ala "The Truman Show"? In that case, the "experiment" would have to be run by rather ruthless people. How to explain the crash of the plane? The passengers would have been put to sleep while the plane was in the air, and transferred to the crashing plane. Ben would not be in on it, but is responding as the "Lord of the Flies" boys.

The producers said that the plane crashed because Desmond did not enter the sequence of numbers in time. Definitively. Thus, you really can't explain away the crash.