PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see DBR on SportsNation today?

dukeblue1206
03-29-2010, 06:07 PM
SportsNation had DBR on as its site they like right before a commercial break. Thought it was pretty cool!! Although Michelle Beadle is a little annoying with her Duke hating.

Atldukie79
03-29-2010, 07:03 PM
Yes, I saw it too. Rarely watch the show, but they were actually quite complimentary....how much did that cost the marketing budget:)

Greg_Newton
03-29-2010, 08:09 PM
What was the context??

I caught a little bit of the show earlier when Michelle was drinking her haterade. She came off like a whiny little 12 year-old girl. I don't know how Cowherd puts up with her... he's infinitely more knowledgeable than she is.

throatybeard
03-29-2010, 10:39 PM
What was the context??

I caught a little bit of the show earlier when Michelle was drinking her haterade. She came off like a whiny little 12 year-old girl. I don't know how Cowherd puts up with her... he's infinitely more knowledgeable than she is.

Good Lord. That must mean she knows nothing, instead of a little.

dukeblue1206
03-29-2010, 10:48 PM
What was the context??

I watch the show a lot. The context was basically just a little short 5 second mention they do each day before a commercial break they offer up their site they like for the day. And if shows like a computer screen and the DBR front page was on the screen.

dukeballer2294
03-30-2010, 01:30 AM
Did anyone else see this? On Sportsnation today, their site of the day was DBR! Thought it was cool our site was getting recognition

Welcome2DaSlopes
03-30-2010, 01:32 AM
It's on right now. they just showed it on espn 2

Son of Mojo
03-30-2010, 05:08 AM
Her hating was a lot more than a little annoying. It was very overt and not appreciated. I don't really care for the show in the first place but that sent my feeling for it over the top.

CameronBornAndBred
03-30-2010, 08:27 AM
SportsNation had DBR on as its site they like right before a commercial break. Thought it was pretty cool!! Although Michelle Beadle is a little annoying with her Duke hating.
Just so you know, Beadle is DukieInKansas' neice.

DukieBoy
03-30-2010, 09:04 AM
Her hating was a lot more than a little annoying. It was very overt and not appreciated. I don't really care for the show in the first place but that sent my feeling for it over the top.

But her looks sure do help her annoying hating.

dukeblue225
03-30-2010, 09:49 AM
I've never really listened to her talk about Duke. What has she said that makes y'all feel that way?

DukieInKansas
03-30-2010, 10:10 AM
I admit I'm more than a little prejudiced on the subject (see CB&B's comment above) but I actually found Colin's comments on Butler more annoying. Given the comments here, I watched the program to see how much "haterade" she really put out there. I just didn't see the level of hate that these comments lead me to expect. Michelle commented that most people would like to see Duke lose - and haven't many people commented on that and wondered why? So she would like to see us lose - big deal. She thinks Butler in the Final Four is a good thing - people like to root for the underdog. I don't think either of those two thoughts is a stretch.

I will have to give her grief on the rich kids school comment. Maybe she knows something about my bank balance that I don't.

DukieInKansas
03-30-2010, 10:11 AM
Just so you know, Beadle is DukieInKansas' neice.

These comments are a lot easier to read than people talking about how hot she is since I remember her as a little girl. ;)

Son of Mojo
03-30-2010, 10:43 AM
I admit I'm more than a little prejudiced on the subject (see CB&B's comment above) but I actually found Colin's comments on Butler more annoying. Given the comments here, I watched the program to see how much "haterade" she really put out there. I just didn't see the level of hate that these comments lead me to expect. Michelle commented that most people would like to see Duke lose - and haven't many people commented on that and wondered why? So she would like to see us lose - big deal. She thinks Butler in the Final Four is a good thing - people like to root for the underdog. I don't think either of those two thoughts is a stretch.

I will have to give her grief on the rich kids school comment. Maybe she knows something about my bank balance that I don't.

What pushed it for me was when she crossed her fingers saying that she and others hoped Duke loses along with the fist pump after the voting went to the way she liked for "Duke saving/not saving the Final Four".........do we need that level of bias, even on an opinion-based show? I agree with thinking it's great that Butler has gotten into the FF but to openly bash Duke wasn't needed. It's become a game for people to Duke bash and is tiresome. Not wanting to down your family though--have to be clear there.......and I have attempted to abstain from bringing up the hotness issue too :) .

DukieInKansas
03-30-2010, 10:56 AM
What pushed it for me was when she crossed her fingers saying that she and others hoped Duke loses along with the fist pump after the voting went to the way she liked for "Duke saving/not saving the Final Four".........do we need that level of bias, even on an opinion-based show? I agree with thinking it's great that Butler has gotten into the FF but to openly bash Duke wasn't needed. It's become a game for people to Duke bash and is tiresome. Not wanting to down your family though--have to be clear there.......and I have attempted to abstain from bringing up the hotness issue too :) .

Not a problem. She's in a tough business and has to take the bad with the good. She should be better about Duke - afterall, she worked for the Yankee Entertainment Sports network and isn't Duke the Yankee's of college basketball?

And I appreciate the abstaining from the hotness issue.

CameronBornAndBred
03-30-2010, 03:01 PM
These comments are a lot easier to read than people talking about how hot she is since I remember her as a little girl. ;)
HAHAHAHAHA!!:eek:

DukeSean
03-30-2010, 05:40 PM

maybe now I'll start watching the program.... :D just teasin'

DukieInKansas
03-30-2010, 07:38 PM
maybe now I'll start watching the program.... :D just teasin'

If you start a thread on her attractiveness - please put "Not Suitable for DinK" in the title. :D

BD80
03-30-2010, 11:34 PM
If you start a thread on her attractiveness - please put "Not Suitable for DinK" in the title. :D

Will there be a thread about Michelle appearing on "Dancing With the Stars?"

That is completely toungue-in-cheek, slamming EA for not wanting to be just eye-candy and then signing up for weeks of prime time "over-exposure."

I personally dislike SportsNation because I find the opinions of people that participate in the poll to be of even less worth than the opinion of Digger Phelps. My take on Michelle is that she is doing what call-in show hosts do, drumming up interest and participation, whether in support of her stated opinion or against. Thoughtful analysis is the anathema of such shows.

DukieInKansas
03-31-2010, 12:12 AM
Will there be a thread about Michelle appearing on "Dancing With the Stars?"

That is completely toungue-in-cheek, slamming EA for not wanting to be just eye-candy and then signing up for weeks of prime time "over-exposure."

I personally dislike SportsNation because I find the opinions of people that participate in the poll to be of even less worth than the opinion of Digger Phelps. My take on Michelle is that she is doing what call-in show hosts do, drumming up interest and participation, whether in support of her stated opinion or against. Thoughtful analysis is the anathema of such shows.

If there is such a thread, i promise not to read it so you can post anything you want. ;)

And that is a pretty good synopsis of SportsNation. I think it's supposed to be a fun show about nothing. Does that make it the Seinfeld of sports programming?