PDA

View Full Version : Congrats, Duke

Cheshire Bear.
03-29-2010, 01:44 AM
Just wanted to stop by and congratulate you guys on your victory this afternoon. I came in having all the respect in the world for the Duke program and I left feeling the same way...except enhanced if possible haha. Honestly, I thought I'd be really disappointed after a close loss, but I'm just so proud of our team and the run that we had this year that I was not upset at all. Congrats again and I hope we get a chance to visit y'all in NC sometime soon. Take care of business and win a National Championship. Sic 'Em Bears and Go Blue Devils!

Jumbo
03-29-2010, 01:46 AM
Just wanted to stop by and congratulate you guys on your victory this afternoon. I came in having all the respect in the world for the Duke program and I left feeling the same way...except enhanced if possible haha. Honestly, I thought I'd be really disappointed after a close loss, but I'm just so proud of our team and the run that we had this year that I was not upset at all. Congrats again and I hope we get a chance to visit y'all in NC sometime soon. Take care of business and win a National Championship. Sic 'Em Bears and Go Blue Devils!

What a classy, kind, just generally awesome post. Thank you! We were all treated to a great game today, and Baylor is a terrific team with a bright, bright future.

ElSid
03-29-2010, 02:22 AM

I put it somewhere else on this board, but I'll say it again. I really appreciated the few Bears fans coming on here and sharing their knowledge and excitement for the game. Restored my faith in humanity, I guess, after a long nightmare of dealing with certain other ACC rivals. Baylor deserved to win this game as much as we did. I wish them the best in the future.

BD80
03-29-2010, 02:27 AM
Just wanted to stop by and congratulate you guys on your victory this afternoon. I came in having all the respect in the world for the Duke program and I left feeling the same way... Take care of business and win a National Championship. Sic 'Em Bears and Go Blue Devils!

Back at ya Bear. Considering how fast Drew got you guys back to this level, I figured he must have cut some corners on character ... then I watched how you guys play (my first time) and listened to the coach and players afterward and came away VERY impressed. First class all the way. I think the big difference was experience at this level (K has won 11 of 12 regional finals). Looks like you guys should soon be used to playing this late in the year.

I was going to make a snide comment about a fine school like Baylor being in the same state as Texas and A&M, but, with Duke having unc 8 miles away, chose not to.

Bob Green
03-29-2010, 03:02 AM
Just wanted to stop by and congratulate you guys on your victory this afternoon.

Thank you very much, it was a pleasure having courteous insightful Baylor fans visit DBR the past couple of days. Baylor is a great team who gave us all we could handle.

Son of Mojo
03-29-2010, 07:50 AM
Baylor looks to have a bright future if they can keep Drew to coach. I was very impressed by their team on the whole. Yesterday was a battle but it's always good to play a class act.

theAlaskanBear
03-29-2010, 07:52 AM

Please continue thrashing Texas and the Big-12!

jimbonelson
03-29-2010, 07:54 AM
Baylor will be a beast next year,

studdlee10
03-29-2010, 09:50 AM
Baylor will be a beast next year,

Absolutely. If Udoh stays, they are bringing in a kid, Perry Jones, who I think has the most potential of all the top 10 recruits (yes, including Kyrie and Barnes). Him, Dunn, and Udoh would be a handful for anybody. Their backup PG seemed pretty solid and they are also bringing in Quincy Miller's friend Stargel Love (who is an amazing athlete).

Baylor looks like it is here to stay.

Mr Blue Devil
03-29-2010, 10:05 AM
Baylor will be scary good next year for sure!

What an outstanding and hard fought game. MUCH respect to Baylor's players, coaches and fans.

bulldog44
03-29-2010, 10:21 AM

Classy, very classy. Keep pulling for your boys, they put up a helluva fight and showed great skill in doing so. Nothing to hang your/their heads about. I can say though I was very ignorant of Baylor before ( not much exposure ) I will be keeping an eye on them and pulling for them quite often. Go Duke and GTHC!!!

cbfx3
03-29-2010, 10:39 AM
Didnt know too much about the Bears before this game.. After watching game and following press conference count me as very impressed with your program! Great coaching and seemingly solid kids! I will watch out for you guys on the tube from here on out. Whats not to like??

4decadedukie
03-29-2010, 10:46 AM

Thank you for your most gracious post. Duke was fortunate to win; in my opinion, there absolutely was no losing team yesterday.

davekay1971
03-29-2010, 10:56 AM
All our guys said it. We had to fight like anything to beat Baylor, and it came down to the wire. Great game from a really, really good Baylor team. If it had turned out the other way, I'd be cheering for the Bears to win it all.

OldPhiKap
03-29-2010, 11:01 AM
I put it somewhere else on this board, but I'll say it again. I really appreciated the few Bears fans coming on here and sharing their knowledge and excitement for the game. Restored my faith in humanity, I guess, after a long nightmare of dealing with certain other ACC rivals. Baylor deserved to win this game as much as we did. I wish them the best in the future.

Agreed. I would love to swap Baylor for Maryland in the conference.

Bear, thanks for the posts. I have come away with a deeper respect for Baylor and the program that Drew is building. Best of luck next year and I hope we meet up in a FF some time soon!

Cheshire Bear.
03-29-2010, 06:11 PM
Agreed. I would love to swap Baylor for Maryland in the conference.

Bear, thanks for the posts. I have come away with a deeper respect for Baylor and the program that Drew is building. Best of luck next year and I hope we meet up in a FF some time soon!

I think most Baylor fans would take that in a heartbeat. No more obnoxious Ags or pompous, arrogant Horns haha.

Appreciate all the kind words, guys. Maybe our ladies will get some revenge tonight. ;)

weezie
03-29-2010, 06:56 PM
The Baylor fans were very decent people.
And, frankly, everybody we met in Houston was perfectly kind and welcoming.

It wasn't until we landed at BWI in Baltimore that the boos started in as we walked to baggage claim. :cool:
Ah, the sorry, sorry twerp losers. What fun!!!:D

chrishoke
03-29-2010, 07:22 PM

Don't be a stranger. Come back and talk college bball any time.