PDA

View Full Version : Indianapolis roll call

dcarp23
03-28-2010, 08:29 PM
Would love to get up to the games, but the flights out of Atlanta, of all places, are outrageous. Any suggestions? Any chances prices come down?

theAlaskanBear
03-28-2010, 08:32 PM
Would love to get up to the games, but the flights out of Atlanta, of all places, are outrageous. Any suggestions? Any chances prices come down?

Might be cheaper to fly out of Charlotte, or Greenvile/Spartenburg. Or maybe you can find AMTRAK service, but it may take awhile to get there!

YourLandlord
03-28-2010, 09:18 PM
Drive. 8 Hours on I75 from ATL to DAY, then bang a left to Indy, 2 more hours.

Get in there.

DukieBoy
03-28-2010, 09:19 PM
I'm headed up to the practices on Friday. Don't have the cash for tix, but the practices should be fun

noyac
03-28-2010, 09:21 PM
Does anyone have a link to the Final Four schedule of events? I was wondering about the autograph sessions specifically.

El_Diablo
03-28-2010, 09:23 PM
Maybe check out flights into Bloomington...they're a little cheaper right now. Bloomington is about 45 miles away from Indy.

weezie
03-28-2010, 11:42 PM
Now we need restaurant suggestions in Indy!

What is there to do there on Sunday, too, please.

kexman
03-28-2010, 11:44 PM
We will be driving up from St. Louis for the games!!! Haven't been to a final 4 before so I am thrilled duke made it...although I think it made today's game even more tense!!!

NashvilleDevil
03-28-2010, 11:44 PM
What about a flight into Columbus, Dayton or Louisville. Then drive to Indy?

dustin8131
03-28-2010, 11:49 PM

i will be leaving from just south of atlanta if you would want to carpool to the games. if you would like just hit me back on here and we can exchange info

Cavlaw
03-28-2010, 11:50 PM
I'm debating. Short drive from Chicago. On the other hand, given the host stadium I'm likely to see more of the game on my TV than I would in person.

SoCalDukeFan
03-28-2010, 11:51 PM
I have been to 3 Final Fours, 66, 99. 04.

I will not be in Indy.

SoCal

JG Nothing
03-29-2010, 12:21 AM
Now we need restaurant suggestions in Indy!

What is there to do there on Sunday, too, please.

R-Bistro, Oceanaire, St. Elmo, McCormick and Schmicks, and Adobo Grill.

Sunday: Pacers (Dunleavy, Jones, and McRoberts) versus Rockets (Battier). Plenty of seats because the Pacers suck!

DUKEinFW
03-29-2010, 12:27 AM
I've not been to a FF in 9 years, but was to 9 FF in the 90's and turn of the century. Indy is one of the best and Lucas Oil is fantastic. The city embracess the event better than any other and the downtown is easy to negochiate on foot to dine out and get to the game. Really only San Antonio could compare in terms of "the buzz" of excitement and everything so close to the stadium. It is a basketball state and the event is not to be missed if you have a chance. Weather forecast looks pretty good for next weekend too as far as the spring in Indy goes. Bring your sticks as we have decent courses. Visit the brickyard. Or just party!
From NC take I 77 north to Charleston WV and then I 35 all the way to Dayton, OH then I 70 to Indy. From Durham it is 9.5 hrs of drive time plus your stop time.
From the south take I 75 to I 275 on the south side of Cinci and around to I 74 then over to Indy. FYI I 64 recently had major construction south of Louisville so you may want to check it out before heading that direction.

uh_no
03-29-2010, 12:29 AM
hop on with some duke students makin the trip!!!

sagegrouse
03-29-2010, 12:40 AM
Mr. and Mrs. Grouse are flying non-stop from Colorado to Chicago O'Hare and renting a car for the 200-mile drive to Indianapolis. Just like San Antonio, where we flew to Houston and then drove. In this case, we have a daughter and granddaughter in Chicago to visit on the way back.

sagegrouse

striker219
03-29-2010, 12:42 AM
I have been to 3 Final Fours, 66, 99. 04.

I will not be in Indy.

SoCal

Yeah, you're never allowed back to the Final Four.

Ever.

tecumseh
03-29-2010, 12:45 AM
What is there to do other than go to the game? Am probably going to go but see all the downtown hotels are sold out. Will there be a Duke Central downtown? I will probably go Stub Hub for tix not sure if market is going up or down I think a lot of Kentucky fans were probably planning and are dumping tix this weekend. Maybe even a few Kansas fans those are huge fan bases and this a relatively close game.

ChicagoCrazy84
03-29-2010, 01:19 AM
I am 90% sure I will make it over to Indy. I would love to go see a practice on Friday, but driving from Chicago after work, I am guessing I wouldn't get there in time. I am slightly worried about hotels, so I am reluctantly thinking I may make a day trip on Saturday. I have to get back on Saturday night because I am leaving for Augusta on Sunday. Aaah! I don't know what to do!

BD80
03-29-2010, 01:23 AM
Butler is IN Indy. I doubt they were planning on being there, so there will probably be a lot of locals now looking to buy up tickets. Locals don't have to pay transportation and hotel costs, so I would guess the market for tickets is up. I would guess the market for hotel rooms is down.

DukeDevil
03-29-2010, 07:28 AM
So thanks to the greatest brother in the world, I'm the proud owner of 2 tickets to Indy. That being said, I'm also a struggling student at the moment and want to make this more affordable for my buddy and I.

Anyone who's going who wants to share a room? I don't mind pulling a "sleeping bag on the floor" maneuver if need be.

Also, I've finally broken down and started a twitter feed that I'm going to post on through the tourney, in case anyone is interested under DukeDevil8181

I woke up this morning with a giant smile on my face and it took me a moment to remember why. Now I can't stop! Go Devils!!!

kexman
03-29-2010, 09:14 AM
The holiday Inn north (at the pyramid) is the official duke hotel. It did not have any openings as of yesterday. All of the downtown hotels were booked as of a few weeks ago. We are staying at the Drury Inn (NE). It is $139 (~$160 with taxes) for the weekend. 12 miles from the stadium. We could make it the unofficial DBR hotel:)

noyac
03-29-2010, 11:07 AM
I am staying at the Comfort Inn in Greenfield IN it is about 30 min away but couldn't beat the price of 73 dollars a night and it looks like your typical comfort inn not great but good enough.

SoCalDukeFan
03-29-2010, 11:17 AM
According to Google Maps if you're driving to Lucas Oil Stadium then
Duke is over 600 miles away, West Virginia around 380, Michigan State is 240 or so and Butler is less than 10.

Cheer Hard.

SoCal

NW Indiana Dukie
03-29-2010, 11:22 AM
http://http://www.ncaa.com/sports/m-baskbl/champpage/m-baskbl-ffevents-index.html

I'll be heading down to Indy with my wife and kids for the Friday practices. It appears practice times are from 12:00 - 4:00. It should be a great atmosphere with Bulter being there. I hope all the Duke fans come out in force!:D

KShip21
03-29-2010, 11:31 AM

A friend of mine and I are driving from ATL Friday morning. Room for 2 more. Flights are insane, and driving gives us the freedom to come back whenever we want to. Hopefully Tuesday morning!!!!

dcarp23
03-29-2010, 11:34 AM
A friend of mine and I are driving from ATL Friday morning. Room for 2 more. Flights are insane, and driving gives us the freedom to come back whenever we want to. Hopefully Tuesday morning!!!!

Appreciate the offers and suggestions--found a decent flight into Cincinnati and have a ride from there. The flights into Indy are definitely insane.

Smitty1911
03-29-2010, 11:36 AM
Does anyone know which sections are allocated to Duke? If I buy tickets, I'd like to get close to those sections. Go Duke!

DukieBoy
03-29-2010, 11:50 AM
I'm from Indiana and near the Indiana area, so I thought I'd chime in with some help for people

The best places to fly into that isn't Indy is Dayton, Ohio (2 hour drive to Indy), Cincinnati (3 hour drive), Chicago (3 hour drive). Those are really as close as it gets if you don't want to fly into Indy.

As for hotels, Greenfield, IN is about 30 minutes or so out of Indianapolis and is a nice little town. I have family that has lived there, so I'm familiar with the town. Any hotel there would be a nice one.

Carmel and Fishers are also nice areas that are right outside of Indy. I, personally, have never been to either town, but I know for a fact that they are very nice areas.

If you really don't mind to drive, Bloomington is about an hour away from Indy. It's also spring time here and it's beautiful on campus.

I hope this helped some of you guys. If anyone has any questions about areas around Indy, send me a PM and I'll try to help

TruBlu
03-29-2010, 12:02 PM
Driving from Atlanta to Durham to pick up my son, then driving to Indy where my two daughters live. All are big Duke fans, and all will be attending the games. Monday is my oldest daughters birthday . . . hoping it will be a big celebration.

Went to final four in '86 and '89. Third time will be the charm!

Pacer
03-29-2010, 12:25 PM
Hi,

I'm from indy, live in indy, and am co-prez of the local alumni club...

For lodging, also check out hotels in Brownsburg.. It is a 20 min drive from the stadium.

As for things to do Sunday, if you bring kids, Indy has the best regarded children's museum in the country. It is 3 miles north of Lucas Oil Stadium.

The zoo, NCAA hall of champions, Indiana State Museum, and Eiteljorg museum of Native American Art are downtown.

It is expected to be 70+ degrees, and there are many affordable golf courses in the city.

Feel free to pm me with specific questions.

obsesseddukefan
03-29-2010, 12:29 PM
We will be driving up from St. Louis for the games!!! Haven't been to a final 4 before so I am thrilled duke made it...although I think it made today's game even more tense!!!

Two of us will be driving to the games as well from the STL area. Let me know if you hear of a good place for drinks and social gathering :D

DukeDevil
03-29-2010, 03:18 PM
we're staying at the Drury as well

msdukie
03-29-2010, 03:23 PM
Does anyone know which sections are allocated to Duke? If I buy tickets, I'd like to get close to those sections. Go Duke!

Sections 151, 153, 642, 643

http://www.lucasoilstadium.com/Assets/userfiles/PDFs/2010_MFF_Seating.pdf

noyac
03-29-2010, 03:33 PM

I loaded the PDF and it doesn't say that those sections are Duke fan sections anywhere.

msdukie
03-29-2010, 03:38 PM
I loaded the PDF and it doesn't say that those sections are Duke fan sections anywhere.

I called the Duke ticket office who said those were the sections they were given for the Iron Dukes. .pdf is just a seating chart for everyone to look at.

YourLandlord
03-29-2010, 03:42 PM

I assume the section 151/153 tickets are not the same price ($270) as the 642/643 seats?

devil84
03-29-2010, 03:44 PM
Leaving from Raleigh/Durham Friday morning to drive up with my mom and two kids. Mom and my daughter were at the '91 Final Four in Indy; I was at home awaiting the birth of my son, which happened 9 days after the Championships.

Still don't know where we're staying or what we're doing while not at Lucas Oil Stadium, but we're excited to be going!

jdscrilla
03-29-2010, 03:50 PM
Here's a good link with all the Final Four activities: http://www.indianapolisgrapevine.com/NCAA-Final-Four/

DukieinIndy
03-29-2010, 03:59 PM
I live in Indy and if anyone wants restaurant recommendations or things to do please ask away.

Also, will fans be allowed at the hotel to cheer on the team as they arrive? I'm going to the open practices on Friday but I just want as many opportunities to cheer on the team!

BulldogDancer81
03-29-2010, 04:45 PM
If you are making the trip to Indianapolis do yourself a favor and make the drive up to 49th street and visit Hinkle Fieldhouse. It truly is a great place to watch a basketball game.

weezie
03-29-2010, 07:02 PM
I called the Duke ticket office who said those were the sections they were given for the Iron Dukes. .pdf is just a seating chart for everyone to look at.

Wow...those seats kind of stink! They must have something on the sidelines...

DUKEinFW
03-30-2010, 12:22 PM
On the NE side where some have indicated they will be staying there is a good sports bar, CHAMPS. Located at Keystone at the Crossing on 86th street. There are several other good places to eat at Keystone and along 86th street.

Downtown has several sports bars, bars and clubs. Almost all are walking distance to the hotels in the downtown area and a 20-25 min cab to the NE or NW side of town. CHAMPS has a place downtown at circle center too. If you can still get reservations and want to eat at a great steakhouse then go to St Elmos, www.stelmos.com. There are many quality places to dine in the downtown area and like the bars you can walk to most places. FYI Beer stops flowing in the downtown area at midnight sunday, city ordinance.

Broadripple is close to Butler and is quite fun. I have a kid at Butler and they party over there a fair amount. I did my graduate work in Indy back in the 80's and it was a hopp'in area of town then and still appears that way now. It is located slightly NE of Butler on 62nd street. Good places to eat and catch a live band. I'd say you current students would enjoy this area. Mapquest it and its easy to find off 62nd street.

Duke4Life_31_2
03-30-2010, 01:32 PM
I was born April 1, 1994, the year Duke lost to Arkansas in the national title game. Ever since though, my dad has turned me into the biggest sports fan that i know. Now I am 15 years old and live in Brownsburg, Indiana. Although i live in Indiana i am a huge Duke basketball fan. In 2006, the final four was in indianapolis and I was 11 and absolutley in awe of all the festivities and all of the people around the down town area and I wanted to go to the games very badly even though Duke was not playing. However, my family nor myself had enough money to buy even one ticket. So from that day on I decided to save up all the money that i would obtain until 2010 to go to the final four the next time it was in Indianapolis. I did that and kept saying i would go no matter what even if Duke didn't make it. But once this years season started i decided i was only going to go if Duke made the final four and if they didnt spend my money on other things of interest. So now on Sunday Duke was one game closer to making it to the final four and once they had won it was just so amazing to know that they had won and were coming to Indy and saving up all that money was worth it. I will be at the West Virginia game this saturday night and hopefully if duke wins again on Monday night. This has been a dream come true for me and i just wanted to share my little story with some Duke fans.

Last, I just want to know who else will be inside Lucas Oil stadium on Saturday night.
Lets go Duke!

HorvathsGhost
03-30-2010, 02:16 PM
Does anyone who has been to these games before know if they sell actual Duke gear in the arena, or is just the generic Final Four stuff with all 4 teams? Trying to decide whether I need to order rush order a new shirt, or if I can get one at the game ...

Stray Gator
03-30-2010, 02:55 PM

Are you sure they didn't say 141-153 instead of 151 and 153? And what about the 200-level seats? I'll be shocked if the lower level seats allotted to Duke--or to any of the other three participating schools--are all located in two sections of the end zones, and are not directly below the upper level seats allocated to the same school. Unless they change the customary practice this year, the National Association of Basketball Coaches (which convenes annually at the Final Four) will be assigned the mid-court seating section, and then the 4 participating schools will be assigned the flanking sections, with each quarter usually running from about the top of the key into the the end zone. (That arrangement conveniently ensures that fans of the teams actually playing populate the seating sections that appear on TV during the games. Lottery winners are typically relegated to the upper levels, including the "distant view" seats, which is like watching the game from the 10th floor of a building four blocks away.) In any event, there's no way that the Duke section would be separated by another section (152), and I doubt it is limited to just four sections.

Kedsy
03-30-2010, 03:17 PM
Does anyone who has been to these games before know if they sell actual Duke gear in the arena, or is just the generic Final Four stuff with all 4 teams? Trying to decide whether I need to order rush order a new shirt, or if I can get one at the game ...

They usually have gear for each of the individual teams, but it is the NCAA version, rather than the Duke store version. They also sometimes run out of the individual stuff pretty quickly. Having said that, there should be eight or nine hundred thousand shops selling shirts, hats, etc., all over the downtown area.

hurleyfor3
03-30-2010, 03:38 PM
Another poster (sciencegeek) posted this in the Ticket Exchange earlier today:

In case anyone is interested.....

According to the Duke Ticket Office (I just called), the Duke sections are Sections 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 152, 153, 642 and 643.

This makes a lot more sense. Each fanbase gets a corner.

And one of those sections will be occupied by me.

RockLobster
03-30-2010, 03:39 PM
In an effort to save what little money I have, I'll try to come up for the championship game if we beat WVU. Hope to see some of you there!

sagegrouse
03-30-2010, 04:10 PM

They will sell everything everywhere, generic FF and school-specific FF. The question is whether the Duke Stores merchandise will be available in Indy either in the arena or at the Duke hotels (downtown Hilton and Holiday Inn North).

sagegrouse

TruBlu
03-30-2010, 05:48 PM
Just found out there is a new NCAA dress code put in place for the Final Four in Indy this year . . . NO HEELS!

Pacer
03-31-2010, 10:02 AM
FYI, discounts on the cultural attractions I mentioned for ticket holders:

http://www.ncaa.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/ncaa/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/Tour-Indy

bluedevilallie
03-31-2010, 10:20 AM
Finally was able to arrange logistics to leave friday for Indy...yeah!
Leaving Raleigh friday morning with hubby--we have room for 2 others in case anyone needs a ride....we will be coming back sunday though so we'll be here monday night.
Im booking the Drury Inn--noticed there are two in about the same location--which one? or does it matter?

devildeac
03-31-2010, 10:43 AM
Another poster (sciencegeek) posted this in the Ticket Exchange earlier today:

This makes a lot more sense. Each fanbase gets a corner.

And one of those sections will be occupied by me.

You are quite a large person if you will be occupying one of those sections...:rolleyes:;)

Hope to see you there.:D

Devil in the Blue Dress
03-31-2010, 10:44 AM
You are quite a large person if you will be occupying one of those sections...:rolleyes:;)

Hope to see you there.:D

So says the doctor. ;)

kexman
03-31-2010, 11:39 AM
Finally was able to arrange logistics to leave friday for Indy...yeah!
Leaving Raleigh friday morning with hubby--we have room for 2 others in case anyone needs a ride....we will be coming back sunday though so we'll be here monday night.
Im booking the Drury Inn--noticed there are two in about the same location--which one? or does it matter?

For what it is worth we are staying in the Drury Inn and Suites NE. Partly so we could have one suite to hang out in.

bluedevilallie
03-31-2010, 02:03 PM
Thanks--booked the same place--Drury Inn and Suites NE. Looking forward to it.
maybe we should post something down front/lobby area for the hotel party/social gathering? Ive been to conferences in Indy before--looking forward to walking around Saturday...:)

-bdbd
03-31-2010, 02:48 PM
In general, Indy isn't the most "hopping" town around, but there is a fun, funky neighborhood not too far from downtown with tons of nightlife and good restaurants that I'd recommend. Letterman used to do stand-up comedy there back when. The area is called Broad Ripple. Check out this link:

http://www.pubclub.com/indy/broadripple.htm

Definitely worth hanging out there in the evenings, especially with a big event in town. Have fun!!

:D :D :D :D

-bdbd
03-31-2010, 02:54 PM

There will be "Official Final Four Apparel" (temporary) stores sprinkled around the downtown area. Think lots of "Final Four" -logo'd hats, shirts, jackets, license plate brackets, etc. Some with the logos of the four schools, and some not.

Obviously some apparel booths inside the stadium but the wait will be longer probbably (and prices higher?). Have fun - plenty of opportunities to spend money, for sure.

;)

Pacer
03-31-2010, 03:01 PM
The area is called Broad Ripple.

Broad Ripple and downtown have pretty equal bar scenes.

Broad Ripple is six miles directly north of downtown, is more the college age crowd, and is about a mile from Butler's campus. This will be Butler central...

One of the great things about when Indy hosts is that the downtown is pretty compact and there will be lots going on from the nightlife perspective.

House G
03-31-2010, 03:07 PM
R-Bistro, Oceanaire, St. Elmo, McCormick and Schmicks, and Adobo Grill.

Sunday: Pacers (Dunleavy, Jones, and McRoberts) versus Rockets (Battier). Plenty of seats because the Pacers suck!
We caught the Rockets-Lakers in Houston. The Rockets have so many injuries (including Battier that night) that they also suck.

Pacer
03-31-2010, 03:16 PM
We caught the Rockets-Lakers in Houston. The Rockets have so many injuries (including Battier that night) that they also suck.

Here's a link to a deal that's going to be sent out to Duke fans generally... Discount tix for the Rockets-Pacers... They will seat everyone together at each of the various price points.

https://www.pacersgroups.com/tickets/267/ password:bluedevils

weezie
03-31-2010, 04:09 PM

Yeah, but if you're sitting next to a crazed Duke fan and you also enjoy a few oat sodas, it might be a semi-entertaining evening.
Can we boo Hansblah as part of the ticket package?

Pacer
03-31-2010, 04:15 PM
Better yet, yell out ideas for Josh, Dahntay, and Mike to use in hazing Hansblahblah.

weezie
03-31-2010, 04:17 PM
Too bad Hans can't get thursday night off to go to NYC and cheer for his alma mater :D

TruBlu
03-31-2010, 04:59 PM
I just chatted with the Duke Ticket Office. Tickets purchased thru Duke can be picked up at the Southeast corner of Lucas Oil Stadium at the following times:

Friday, April 2nd -- 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM
Saturday, April 3rd -- 2:30 PM to 8:45 PM

I hope this is helpful to my fellow Blue Devils in making your plans.

DukeDevil
03-31-2010, 05:02 PM
For those at the Drury, in case you want to split a cab to the alum party or the stadium etc, PM me for my cell.

[Cell phone number edited out. Please don't post your phone numbers! PM for that information!]

Dr. Tina
03-31-2010, 11:02 PM
I just chatted with the Duke Ticket Office. Tickets purchased thru Duke can be picked up at the Southeast corner of Lucas Oil Stadium at the following times:

Friday, April 2nd -- 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM
Saturday, April 3rd -- 2:30 PM to 8:45 PM

I hope this is helpful to my fellow Blue Devils in making your plans.

Is this for people who already have tickets? I'm going to assume that they're sold out at the Duke ticket office or it's for Iron Dukes or something.

tecumseh
04-01-2010, 12:19 AM
http://www.ibj.com/shortage-of-big-programs-slows-secondary-final-four-ticket-sales/PARAMS/article/18999

ricks68
04-01-2010, 04:06 AM
Hey Weezie, DITBD and Deac,

So, will I be seeing you guys in Indy? :D

Was out of town after the Regional and finally am able to post.

ricks

TruBlu
04-01-2010, 05:59 AM
Is this for people who already have tickets? I'm going to assume that they're sold out at the Duke ticket office or it's for Iron Dukes or something.

Yes. Duke has sold out its tickets. The will call pickup times are for us fortunate ones who were able to get tickets thru the Duke ticket office.

I assume that the hours for the will call window are the same for tickets from the other schools, but I don't know that for a fact. Sometimes schools will set up ticket pickup sites at the team's hotel or other convenient location. I would imagine that since Butler is so close to Indy, they probably have an on-campus ticket pickup site.

devildeac
04-01-2010, 07:49 AM

ricks

:D

We will be staying in the land of the missing D and the E on Friday night and in Bloomington on Sat/Sun/Mon (hopefully!). with family. Would love to hoist an ale or sammich with some more Duke folks during our stay. Time for a PM;):cool:.

weezie
04-01-2010, 07:54 AM

ricks

Absolutely. The Bludevil-mobile rolls Friday at dawn!

saxman717
04-01-2010, 07:55 AM
Grabbed 2 alumni tickets ---- will be there!!!

Not sure what section yet, though........does anyone know where alumni tickets are? They said upper level, but wouldn't know until later on in the week........

DevilWearsPrada
04-01-2010, 09:32 AM
Would anyone like to carpool 2 indy? I am in Burlington NC (30 minutes southwest of Duke. I can take 2 or 3 passengers with me. Anyone wanting to split costs on Hotels? I decided on last minute. Was fortunate to get tickets from Duke alum. Thanks and Go Duke! Look out Indianapolis, Here Come the Blue Devils!!

Devil in the Blue Dress
04-01-2010, 09:35 AM

ricks

Not this year! :(
Family responsibilities keep me home. I'll be watching on TV and will look for you guys!

bluedevilallie
04-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Will people still be at the downtown Buffalo Wild Wings after the happy hour? Probably won't get into Indy until about 8pm friday. Driving beginning early tomorrow morning (working late tonight)? Im up for heading downtown early Sat before the alum party....:)

bluedevilallie
04-01-2010, 11:17 AM
Would anyone like to carpool 2 indy? I am in Burlington NC (30 minutes southwest of Duke. I can take 2 or 3 passengers with me. Anyone wanting to split costs on Hotels? I decided on last minute. Was fortunate to get tickets from Duke alum. Thanks and Go Duke! Look out Indianapolis, Here Come the Blue Devils!!
DevilwearsPrada--i would love to car pool--Im leaving tomorrow morning but am coming back sunday night--I know long way for the weekend but it is what worked. Im in Raleigh.

VPIndy
04-01-2010, 12:32 PM
Hey Duke fans,

If you guys are headed up to indy and looking for an affordable place to stay then look us up. We are the Value Place in Plainfield which is 14 miles from Lucas Oil, a quick trip down I-70. We are 219.99 a week for 2 double beds, have a full sized refridgerator, 2 burner stove and microwave. Even though we are weekly we have plenty of availability and even if you stay only through the weekend you are saving a lot of money from going to the nightly hotels. If they have availability they are going to charge somewhere from 150-180 a night. Give us a call at 317-837-2950 to book a reservation or for more info.

Thanks,

(Go Butler! Gotta support the home town team :p)

ajtrublu
04-01-2010, 04:25 PM
I'm driving out to Indy from Philly tomorrow. Staying at the Homestead Studio Suites NW. So excited to be going back to a Final Four! It's been too long. Yes, I'm aware I'm spoiled. And I love it!

GO, DEVILS!

DevilWearsPrada
04-01-2010, 04:57 PM
What is the best route to drive from Duke University? Google gives 3 options. Thanks so much.

Rolling out tomorrow from near Duke, if anyone needs a ride or to carpool or follow and meet up on the Road to Indianapolis. Can split hotel also. I will only be in hotel to shower and take a nap or short rest period. PM me.

hurleyfor3
04-01-2010, 05:06 PM
What is the best route to drive from Duke University?

40 --> 52 --> 77 --> 64 --> 65 --> 275 --> 74. I-40 is closed only near the NC/TN line (rock slide). From Mount Airy, stay on Future I-74 to hook up directly with 77.

Part of this is along the WV Turnpike (toll). Funny how that's the team we happen to be playing.

devildeac
04-01-2010, 05:12 PM
What is the best route to drive from Duke University? Google gives 3 options. Thanks so much.

Rolling out tomorrow from near Duke, if anyone needs a ride or to carpool or follow and meet up on the Road to Indianapolis. Can split hotel also. I will only be in hotel to shower and take a nap or short rest period. PM me.

I would go to W-S and then N. on 52 to I-74 to I-77N and continue N. and then take I-64W to Lexington, Ky, the Land of the Lost (missing the D and the E, of course;)).
You have your choice then to go W. to L'ville and N. on I-65 to Indy or go to C'nati and take I-74W. to Indy. We will go the 2nd way as we will be delivering some goodies to the cheerleaders N. of Indy as I believe it is a bit shorter that way and I had heard rumors of some construction on I-64 around L'ville.

hurleyfor3
04-01-2010, 05:21 PM
You have your choice then to go W. to L'ville and N. on I-65 to Indy or go to C'nati and take I-74W. to Indy. We will go the 2nd way as we will be delivering some goodies to the cheerleaders N. of Indy as I believe it is a bit shorter that way and I had heard rumors of some construction on I-64 around L'ville.

I've driven between Chicago and NC a few times and the difference in miles between going through Cincy (via 75/74) and Louisville (via 64/65) is negligible. However, I prefer going through Cincy. First, you can avoid downtown Cincy by taking 275, but there is no similar bypass for Louisville. Second, if you do decide to go through downtown Cincy, the drive is more interesting.

Clipsfan
04-01-2010, 05:45 PM
I was in Indy in 2006 (thought Duke was going to make it that year, and UCLA did make it) and had a good time even without Duke around and the horrendous final game. I flew into and out of Chicago, renting a car and spending that Monday night at the airport. It worked, but not sure I'd recommend it and definitely not doing it this year as I'm not going this time.

Duke12
04-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Any tips on best way (roads, side exits, parking) to the Stadium from the South side (via I-65)? After a long drive from NC on Saturday would like as painless a route as possible

DevilWearsPrada
04-01-2010, 09:12 PM
Gonna be headed out in about 3 hours. Final Four......Indy bound.. thanks for the directions and heads up.

devildeac
04-01-2010, 10:48 PM
I've driven between Chicago and NC a few times and the difference in miles between going through Cincy (via 75/74) and Louisville (via 64/65) is negligible. However, I prefer going through Cincy. First, you can avoid downtown Cincy by taking 275, but there is no similar bypass for Louisville. Second, if you do decide to go through downtown Cincy, the drive is more interesting.

We'll be on a mission so we'll take I-275. We have goodies bags to deliver to the cheerleaders that AM.:D

Cameron
04-01-2010, 11:51 PM
If Duke reaches the title game, I will be on the Ohio turnpike, heading west to Indy, along with my blue-blooded sister.

Come on, fellas, one more baby.

DevilWearsPrada
04-02-2010, 08:10 PM
It is hot in Indy. Hot all the way, driving. Traffic not bad. Considering it is Easter weekend and Spring break for schools.

Downtown is packed. Lots of bands and fun.

Kedsy
04-03-2010, 12:13 AM
After 12 hours of driving, finally got here. Weather forecast is to get cool and rainy tomorrow. This is my 21st Final Four, nine of which have involved Duke. Have brought my nine-year-old son to his first Final Four. Very much looking forward to the fun.

jimrowe0
04-04-2010, 12:06 AM
Just thinking about going on Monday...may just fly. Anyone else have thinking about it?

bulldog44
04-04-2010, 12:31 AM
Just thinking about going on Monday...may just fly. Anyone else have thinking about it?

Wish I could. Couldn't fly though.

Dr. Tina
04-04-2010, 02:00 AM
If I had the money to go and a ticket, I would...

striker219
04-04-2010, 02:17 AM
I haven't mentioned this to my wife yet [it's ok, she's very supportive (I hope)], but if I have a chance at a ticket (at anywhere close to face value) for the game on Monday, I will drive the 13 or so hours from Wilmington to Indianapolis to scream my vocal chords out of my throat. Literally, need-a-surgeon out of my throat. (OK, hopefully not to the point of actually needing medical care, but just shy)

Duke section, Butler section, somewhere on the roof near a skylight; I don't care if I can see the court. I'm not looking for a handout, but if anyone has an inside track on a ticket for a price that is more reasonable than what I am seeing on stubhub or similar sites, I would be eternally grateful. And probably eternally mute. But thats the price you pay, right?

If I am out of place in starting this as a new thread I apologize and please delete this without a second thought

Go Duke!!!!!

noyac
04-04-2010, 02:19 AM
There are people here selling tix on every street for nearly a 4 block radius around Lucas. I don't know what they are charging but if you really want to see the game you can. Plus you always have the fan 2 fan ticket exchange through the NCAA

theAlaskanBear
04-04-2010, 02:22 AM
I cant go up to Indy, due to class, but my dad was gonna drive up to Indy tomorrow to get a ticket for the game. He didnt seem worried about finding an extra.

Cameron
04-04-2010, 02:32 AM
I will be there:)

Picked up a couple of tickets tonight after the game.

Cannot wait. I've waited my whole life for this. By far, the best of the Duke games I will have attended to this point. If we lose, that will likely change a bit.

Let's go, fellas. One more.

RockLobster
04-04-2010, 02:37 AM
Got my tickets - Section 637, Row 3! See you in Indy! Go Duke!

jimrowe0
04-04-2010, 08:24 AM
Anyone want to carpool to Indy tommorow morning? There will be plenty of people selling tickets at the game. I'm considering the 10.5 half hour drive tommorow morning at 7 or 8. Anyone interested possibly...leaving out of Raleigh and would head down I40. Message me.

DevilWearsPrada
04-05-2010, 12:16 PM
I picked up a couple of lower level tickets Sunday afternoon, downtown Indy for friends flying in today. The whole ticket pack was $270 plus $30 processing= $300 (semis and championship games). $150 range would be a good price to pay. In that range. Go to Bracketown also, the Fanfest for the tournament. Just get to Indy!!!! And cheer Duke on tonight!!!

Bluedog
04-05-2010, 12:20 PM
I'll be there tonight cheering loudly from section 610! Woot woot! Let's go Duke!

hurleyfor3
04-05-2010, 12:26 PM
WVU fans were trying to give me tickets after the game Saturday, most likely in the student section. I doubt you'll find tickets for free tonight, but supply should not be a problem.

BTW, the student sections do not rise from front to back -- all seats are at the same level as the court. Be forewarned.

DukeDevil
04-05-2010, 12:46 PM
FYI: for anyone trying to buy a ticket before the game, there are TONS of people selling them on the street however be careful: there have been forgeries found. and they look EXTREMELY legit, enough that a couple of people got into the game, past security, and to there seats which they discovered didn't exist. That being said, a good way to determine if it's fake is that the NCAA logo printed all over the back repeatedly is a thermal hologram that should fade temporarily if you press on it for a while. Just an FYI. I've got a real set and tried it, it works.

hurleyfor3
04-05-2010, 12:51 PM
That being said, a good way to determine if it's fake is that the NCAA logo printed all over the back repeatedly is a thermal hologram that should fade temporarily if you press on it for a while. Just an FYI. I've got a real set and tried it, it works.

My word, it does. Poster is referring to the blue basketball logos on the back of the tickets.

Also, the Final Four logo on the front of the ticket is in relief, as are the word "Championship" and the date and site of the game.