PDA

View Full Version : I've gotta feelin!

sweetchiba51
03-27-2010, 03:33 AM
I just have this feelin! The Duke Blue Devils are going to win their 4th national championship! This team is different, call me crazy...GO DUKE!

-bdbd
03-27-2010, 04:14 AM
I don't know about calling for National Championships quite yet - we still have quite the formidable opponent just 1.5 days away vs. Baylor in Texas (!). And certainly even more formidable foes would lurk just up ahead.

But it sure is nice to see that familliar old Duke swagger... and finally some media respect.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/george_dohrmann/03/27/duke.purdue/index.html?eref=sihp

This is a terrific team. But let's just worry about beating Baylor for now. Please.

:D

Mrezt
03-27-2010, 04:47 AM
I'll be honest, i'm real worried about Baylor. But with that said..

..I am so pumped that we finally got past the "Sweet 16 hump." We played a gritty, ugly game but came out with a good win. Both Purdue and Duke play really good defense, so i'm not surprised at how the game was played. But I think Duke will come out more efficiently on Sunday and hopefully we can get the job done, no matter what the score is.

But overall: An ACC regular season co-champ/ACC tourny champ/sweep UNC (once by 32)/#1 seed in the tourny/Elite Eight appearance is awesome and much more than i expected for this team. I love this Duke team and if they bring their A game on sunday, they can advance to the final four

Indoor66
03-27-2010, 05:43 AM
I'll be honest, i'm real worried about Baylor. But with that said..

..I am so pumped that we finally got past the "Sweet 16 hump." We played a gritty, ugly game but came out with a good win. Both Purdue and Duke play really good defense, so i'm not surprised at how the game was played. But I think Duke will come out more efficiently on Sunday and hopefully we can get the job done, no matter what the score is.

But overall: An ACC regular season co-champ/ACC tourny champ/sweep UNC (once by 32)/#1 seed in the tourny/Elite Eight appearance is awesome and much more than i expected for this team. I love this Duke team and if they bring their A game on sunday, they can advance to the final four

You forgot Pre-Season NIT Champs.

ClosetHurleyFan
03-27-2010, 07:43 AM
You forgot Pre-Season NIT Champs.

As a Carolina fan, I will tell you that I have to agree, these guys seem to have the swagger, the balance, the toughness. And dont tell anyone, but I am actually okay with the notion. In much the same way I felt hansborough, green, ellington, etc. epitomized the virtue of sticking around for 3 or 4 years and chipping away at it, so have these guys. If they win it, they will have earned it with hard work. Period. So you guys enjoy they are a team to be proud of.

4decadedukie
03-27-2010, 07:57 AM
I couldn't express it any better than Mretz did (above). However, I am SO IMMENSELY PROUD of the way we played last night: tenaciousness,superb defense (perimeter, transition and terminal), rebounding, teamwork, peerless attitudes, great key shots (especially in the last 15 minutes), steadfastness, determination . . . these MEN are WARRIORS, and winning the Tournament is not unrealistic.

slower
03-27-2010, 08:08 AM
I just have this feelin! The Duke Blue Devils are going to win their 4th national championship! This team is different, call me crazy...GO DUKE!

Glad to hear you've "gotta feelin", but the next two (potential) games will probably be the toughest of the season. Baylor will be VERY tough and then Kentucky could be...yikes. Anybody (not referring to you) who comes on this board and predicts a double-digit win against Baylor is a bonehead...um, I mean, an optimist.

Of course, anything can happen. Hope you're right.

davekay1971
03-27-2010, 08:14 AM
As a Carolina fan, I will tell you that I have to agree, these guys seem to have the swagger, the balance, the toughness. And dont tell anyone, but I am actually okay with the notion. In much the same way I felt hansborough, green, ellington, etc. epitomized the virtue of sticking around for 3 or 4 years and chipping away at it, so have these guys. If they win it, they will have earned it with hard work. Period. So you guys enjoy they are a team to be proud of.

You, sir, are the man. And I say this not just because you're a Carolina fan who made a very generous remark about a Duke team, but because you pointed out something positive about last year's Carolina team that I was far too blinded with bitter anti-Carolina hatred to notice. You're very much correct that we college basketball fans should applaud players who stick around, come back year after year, and build to an accomplishment. A belated kudos from me to Lawson, Ellington, Green, and Hansbrough for coming back to Carolina and getting the job done.

I'm now going to take a shower and brush my teeth vigorously, and pretend someone else hacked my account to write that.

dukestheheat
03-27-2010, 11:23 AM
From your lips to God's ears!

dth.

tele
03-27-2010, 11:31 AM
I'm now going to take a shower and brush my teeth vigorously, and pretend someone else hacked my account to write that.

May want to try some chanting too as a kind of mental floss...

wilko
03-27-2010, 11:45 AM
On Que (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJPmB6HqcTY)

Andre Buckner Fan
03-27-2010, 11:57 AM

Thanks. It's strange how one classy comment can undo ten mean-spirited and inaccurate digs.

Since you went out on a limb, I'll also say that last year I cheered against Carolina until the last possession of the last game, but once Hansbrough & Co. had won, I knew he deserved it and he earned it because they played not only with talent but also heart and character. I hate to admit this.

.. but Hansbrough & Co. got a NC the right way.

I also knew that with Hansbrough & Co. gone there would be a huge dip this year for UNC despite what the "experts" said. Talent doesn't cover over everything (although this Kentucky squad is confusing me now, because it seems like they're running off of pure talent... we'll see how far their raw talent can take them.)

Indoor66
03-27-2010, 12:03 PM
Talent doesn't cover over everything (although this Kentucky squad is confusing me now, because it seems like they're running off of pure talent... we'll see how far their raw talent can take them.)

Sometimes you catch lightening in a bottle. I hope KY loses, but sometimes a team can just come together in an effective way. See Duke in '77 - '78. It happens. Then talent will win out.

It can also happen when talent grows together. That is why I like Duke's chances. Kind of like '78 reversed.

oldnavy
03-27-2010, 12:15 PM
Thanks. It's strange how one classy comment can undo ten mean-spirited and inaccurate digs.

Since you went out on a limb, I'll also say that last year I cheered against Carolina until the last possession of the last game, but once Hansbrough & Co. had won, I knew he deserved it and he earned it because they played not only with talent but also heart and character. I hate to admit this.

.. but Hansbrough & Co. got a NC the right way.

I also knew that with Hansbrough & Co. gone there would be a huge dip this year for UNC despite what the "experts" said. Talent doesn't cover over everything (although this Kentucky squad is confusing me now, because it seems like they're running off of pure talent... we'll see how far their raw talent can take them.)

I would put myself in the top 1% of UNC "haters", but I have always respected the program. Like Duke, they run it the right way over on the hill. I want them to lose everytime out, but I still have respect for them. Hard to explain emotionally, but it is what it is.

soccerstud2210
03-27-2010, 01:16 PM
baylor

then potentially WVU but most likely UK (arguably the best team playing the best ball right now)

then most likely KSU or possibly MSU

the road is very very tough. doable, but tough.

one game at a time. one step at a time!

bring on baylor!

go DUKE!

dukeblue225
03-27-2010, 01:17 PM
I agree I've been having that feeling too. However we have to worry about Baylor right now. At this point in the season we've gone way too far to jump the gun and assume anything. One big mistake or bad game and that feeling will be gone completely.

soccerstud2210
03-27-2010, 01:41 PM
I agree I've been having that feeling too. However we have to worry about Baylor right now. At this point in the season we've gone way too far to jump the gun and assume anything. One big mistake or bad game and that feeling will be gone completely.

ya exactly! just ask kansas about northern iowa

or georgetown about ohio

rthomas
03-27-2010, 10:47 PM
My love for Duke is flying. I love Duke. No ifs and and buts. But WVU is in the Final Four. This is big big big. I'm checking out. What ever happens. I love Duke. I hope Duke beats Baylor .I hope Duke beats Baylor .I hope Duke beats Baylor .

I'm getting tickets for Indianapolis.

I'll see you in a couple weeks.

Welcome2DaSlopes
03-27-2010, 10:52 PM
So what are you saying about the Duke, WVA matchup?

Welcome2DaSlopes
03-27-2010, 10:57 PM
baylor

then potentially WVU but most likely UK (arguably the best team playing the best ball right now)

then most likely KSU or possibly MSU

the road is very very tough. doable, but tough.

one game at a time. one step at a time!

bring on baylor!

go DUKE!

Amazing how one day changes everything.

devil84
03-27-2010, 11:16 PM
On this board, we take one game at a time. Next up: Baylor.

Yes, this is a truly special team. Savor the games one at a time. Anticipate what could lie ahead. But discuss the current game. That's Baylor.

Thread closed.