03-26-2010, 05:02 PM
This is quite droll.

sagegrouse

Devil in the Blue Dress
03-26-2010, 05:05 PM
What a hoot!

dukelifer
03-26-2010, 05:06 PM
Wow - this is incredible. If these guys can actually benefit from their education directly- by going to class and graduating- what will that do to college athletics as we know it. I would be surprised if we hear these guys actually took their own SATs- that would change everything.

greybeard
03-26-2010, 05:07 PM
This is quite droll.

sagegrouse

Sent me to the dictionary, which made it all the more drolly? :o

Greg_Newton
03-26-2010, 05:13 PM
I'm kinda over Cornell anyway... http://www.theonion.com/articles/cornell-drains-fun-out-of-cinderella-run-by-explai,17149/ :rolleyes:

sagegrouse
Sent me to the dictionary, which made it all the more drolly? :o

So, what's your story, Greybeard? I hope you are not evidence contrary to the notion in the article that Cornell graduates make millions through their education?

sagegrouse

mgtr
In keeping with a recent TV ad, I believe it is droll, droller, drollest, drollerist. But, I didn't go to Cornell, so you might want to check it with Mr. Cousins!:D

77devil
03-26-2010, 05:39 PM
I would be surprised if we hear these guys actually took their own SATs- that would change everything.

And they paid for their expensive education instead of getting paid.

greybeard
03-26-2010, 09:36 PM
So, what's your story, Greybeard? I hope you are not evidence contrary to the notion in the article that Cornell graduates make millions through their education?

sagegrouse

Most all my fraternity brothers who were of a mind to did, which was quite a number of them. Regrettably, there are exceptions that prove the rule. :o

greybeard
03-27-2010, 01:26 AM
In keeping with a recent TV ad, I believe it is droll, droller, drollest, drollerist. But, I didn't go to Cornell, so you might want to check it with Mr. Cousins!:D

Actually, I didn't go too much either; lots of time on the courts. Droll is a neat word, but it's new to me. I'll get the nuances later. Say, didn't you guys used to have gentlemen C kind of guys at Duke? Shame, we give a place texture. :cool:

77devil
03-27-2010, 01:52 AM
Actually, I didn't go too much either; lots of time on the courts. Droll is a neat word, but it's new to me. I'll get the nuances later. Say, didn't you guys used to have gentlemen C kind of guys at Duke? Shame, we give a place texture. :cool:

Droll is not even a 600 SAT verbal word.

ricks68
03-27-2010, 01:55 AM
Naw, Grey. We were too busy, back in my day, going to listen to the Hot Nuts at different "venues" in the area to hone our gentlemen C qualities. And, by the way, it was never droll seeing the Hot Nuts.:D

ricks

snowdenscold
03-27-2010, 02:22 AM
That was great. I particularly like:

Compare that to player at a school like Kentucky, where tuition is set at $4,051 -- but with an actual value far below that.

greybeard
03-27-2010, 07:39 AM
Droll is not even a 600 SAT verbal word.

600 on the SATs? In English? You have noticed my spelling, right?

But,hey, I could PUT it in the basket. And, like my friend Jane told my fraternity brother when he became general partner of the Hawks, I could get it done on the dance floor too. She recommended that he hire me as the coach; said I could build an offense around my dance moves. I told Belkin, "Yeah, that would work, an old, bald Jewish guy trying to get young black guys to play an offense around how he used to be a poor copy of how black guys in his day danced."

"More drolly", I thought it pretty clever; riffed off the article, tickled the mind, no?