PDA

View Full Version : Since and Never

Billy Dat
03-26-2010, 09:45 AM
Who's making the "Since and Never" tshirts? I'll take one. Classic K.

It can be the 2010 version of 1992's "You can Talk the Game - Duke, We Can Play" shirt.
------------------------------------------
Q. It's been, I guess since 2004, you guys last went to a Final Four. How would you explain the lull between then and now in terms of not making it?
COACH KRZYZEWSKI: You know, there are two words when you compete that are interesting -- since and never. Since and never. I'm glad we're in the since. Let me leave it at that. Each team is different. What we have since done is pretty good, and what we have done since then has been really good.
We're proud of everything that we've done. But there is a reason why not many people win these things over and over again. It's because it's very difficult, and you have a different team each year.
So since 2004 we've still gone to Sweet 16s. We've probably won as many games in the last two years as anybody. I'm proud of our guys. But you're not always going to win a National Championship. And you're not always going to get to a Final Four. Those are difficult things to do.
As long as we're competing for it every year -- I think we've been to, I don't know, 11. 11 out of the last 13 years to the Sweet 16. I'm sure that measures up with anybody.
So, again, since and never, try to look at those words and see which category you would rather be in. How long has it -- you know, I won't even get to that. We'll do it after the season.

Q. No, go ahead.
COACH KRZYZEWSKI: No, no. Since and never, just analyze those two words. We like being in the since category.

jdj4duke
03-26-2010, 09:53 AM
"You can Talk the Game - Duke, We Can Play"

Best shirt ever. Simple, direct message. I still have mine.

mehmattski
03-26-2010, 10:09 AM
I guess "Alarmingly Unathletic" would be on the back of the shirt...

Andre Buckner Fan
03-26-2010, 03:26 PM
I'd prefer "Welcome to Zoubekistan" t-shirts.

cspan37421
03-26-2010, 07:07 PM
Looking at the second half of this year, who else cannot help but curse the bad luck he had with his feet earlier in his Duke career? As his HS coach said, "now you're seeing the real Brian Zoubek." I love it.

Cameron
03-26-2010, 07:38 PM
Not that he hasn't always displayed it, but I love Coach Krzyzewski's fervid demeanor this year. He's got a chip on his shoulder, one I haven't seen for awhile. In no way am I overlooking Purdue (and I'm sure the team isn't either), but I think Coach K is anticipating something grand. And it's matriculated down to our players.

When I look at Jon Scheyer, I see a scrappy, give-you-all-he's-got winner who will stop at nothing to get Duke back to the top. I see No. 20. I see Chris Collins, who built a bridge to Duke greatness in the '90s. Only I think Scheyer is taking a freshly fueled airliner. He will be money tonight, folks. Just you watch.

Whatever does happen tonight, we need to embrace it. Because we all know how hard it is to get here. This could be the start of another great run in Durham.

Then again, we might lose.

Duke game days in March are maddening. I can hardly take it.

yancem
03-26-2010, 07:41 PM
Looking at the second half of this year, who else cannot help but curse the bad luck he had with his feet earlier in his Duke career? As his HS coach said, "now you're seeing the real Brian Zoubek." I love it.

Yeah, I always thought that Zoubek would end up with a career similar to Roy Hibbert. In the end the comparison seems reasonably accurate, it just took longer to get there then I had hoped. I wish he had red shirted his freshman or sophomore year, it would be great to see what he would be able to do next season.

Billy Dat
03-26-2010, 09:42 PM
Duke game days in March are maddening. I can hardly take it.

Neither can I.

DukeDevilDeb
03-27-2010, 10:47 AM
Last night in the post-game interviews, one of the reporters started to ask Jon about the team having a "meltdown." Coach K interrupted and said something like, "Meltdown? I don't know what that means. What does that mean? Are you saying we lost? Then just say it. Don't use meltdown!"

He loves his guys!

DukieInKansas
03-27-2010, 11:16 AM
Last night in the post-game interviews, one of the reporters started to ask Jon about the team having a "meltdown." Coach K interrupted and said something like, "Meltdown? I don't know what that means. What does that mean? Are you saying we lost? Then just say it. Don't use meltdown!"

He loves his guys!

I liked that too - Coach quickly stepped in before Kyle or Jon had a chance to try to respond. I thought he put the reporter in his place so that the players were put on the spot, but in a fairly nice way.

AlaskanAssassin
03-27-2010, 04:08 PM
Where is a good site that post all of the postgame press conferences? I had no luck finding them.

juise
03-27-2010, 04:14 PM
Where is a good site that post all of the postgame press conferences? I had no luck finding them.

Agreed. The NCAA Postgame Central says that the media I am looking for is unavailable. I have been able to find a few minutes of video from WRAL, but it doesn't have the exchange that people have been talking about.

DukieInKansas
03-27-2010, 04:37 PM

Try here: http://www.ncaa.com/sports/m-baskbl/champpage/inc/div1/postgamecentralmen03262010.html

need Microsoft Silverlight - but it lets you download it.

I haven't watched it from the NCAA sight yet. Will do tonight on home computer.

em0526
03-29-2010, 09:56 AM
I would rather be in the Since category than the Never category, but I REALLY like being in the Now category versus the Since category....

Great job to a class group of coaches and players.
I wonder what Coach K is going to title this book?

Indoor66
03-29-2010, 10:09 AM
How about a Now, Since, Never shirt?