PDA

View Full Version : Perfect bracket?

AlaskanAssassin
03-23-2010, 05:20 PM
There is a kid who has a perfect bracket from the two rounds. He has Purdue winning it all.

I hope he'll be wrong there.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/8632/autistic-teen-picks-perfect-bracket

His bracket:

http://media.nbcchicago.com/images/WinningBracket.jpg

Lord Ash
03-23-2010, 05:25 PM
Not for long.

Dukeknights
03-23-2010, 05:26 PM
for some reason i doubt this is legit.

if you picked N.Iowa to beat Kansas in the second round and G-Town to lose there first round game, you are a prophet.

sagegrouse
03-23-2010, 05:33 PM

if you picked N.Iowa to beat Kansas in the second round and G-Town to lose there first round game, you are a prophet.

No, you just need a huge number of monkeys with computers to generate any conceivable combination.

sagegrouse

dukelifer
03-23-2010, 05:36 PM
Well if he/she gets Thursday right- then I will begin to wonder. CBS will not like this FF. No one will watch.

A-Tex Devil
03-23-2010, 06:13 PM
It's funny -- I remember back in 2000 when the final four was 1 seed Mich St., 5 seed Florida, 8 seed UNC and 8 seed Wisconsin.

No one could believe that anyone would have picked the final four, right? Well one person on ESPN did, and when they interviewed her, her explanation was something to the effect of "I went to Florida, my family is from Wisoncsin, UNC is always good, right?, and wasn't Mich St. the team everyone was talking about all year?"

So I believe it's possible someone did it.

hc5duke
03-23-2010, 06:14 PM
"I'm good at math. I'm kind of good at math and at stats I see on TV during the game."

Yeah... I think picking UNI over Kansas means you're psychic and definitely not very good at math/stats.

DevilHorns
03-23-2010, 06:16 PM
Yeah... I think picking UNI over Kansas means you're psychic and definitely not very good at math/stats.

He's autistic. Though he may see some weird mathamatical threads that weave for a win for UNI over Kansas, he probably lacks the mental capacity to fully appreciate that a Hummell-less Purdue is not the Purdue the math from the whole year represents.... and therefore, his math is probably flawed....

but then again, I'm just jealous. It's pretty ridiculous.

DukeGirl4ever
03-23-2010, 06:29 PM
He's autistic. Though he may see some weird mathamatical threads that weave for a win for UNI over Kansas, he probably lacks the mental capacity to fully appreciate that a Hummell-less Purdue is not the Purdue the math from the whole year represents.... and therefore, his math is probably flawed....

but then again, I'm just jealous. It's pretty ridiculous.

DARN IT! I KNEW I should have had my students complete brackets and submit them -haha! KIDDING!

I teach learning support students (some autistic) and a lot of my kids did brackets in class just for fun. We track the games and they get really in to it. I have yet to check them out (had a few sick days), but I'm on it tomorrow!

Rudy
03-23-2010, 06:41 PM
I heard the t.v. announcers say late Sunday, with one or two more games to finish, that from over 4 million brackets posted on ESPN, there were only two perfect ones left.

juise
03-23-2010, 08:39 PM
Did anybody notice what high school this kid went to? Glenbrook South High School.

That name sounded way too familiar, and it turns out that Jon Scheyer went to Glenbrook North High School. Sounds to me like the 17-year-old in question picked Purdue over Duke to spite one of his rival school's alumni.

Conspiracy!!! ;)

DukeGirl4ever
03-23-2010, 09:43 PM
Did anybody notice what high school this kid went to? Glenbrook South High School.

That name sounded way too familiar, and it turns out that Jon Scheyer went to Glenbrook North High School. Sounds to me like the 17-year-old in question picked Purdue over Duke to spite one of his rival school's alumni.

Conspiracy!!! ;)

I saw that as well, but having never been to Chicago, I wasn't sure how close the schools are, rivalries, etc.

Bluedog
03-23-2010, 10:09 PM
I saw that as well, but having never been to Chicago, I wasn't sure how close the schools are, rivalries, etc.

As somebody from Chicago, I can tell you that they are in the same league and are rivals. Heck, they are the same school district, so they are very close in proximity.

bluepenguin
03-23-2010, 10:14 PM
I picked Kansas over UNI. I am not a psychic, but I am decent at math/stats. I just happened to have UNI in a year long pool, so I was familiar with the team, and felt they were primed to pull off the upset. In fact, I shared this with several people before the tournament. They all looked at me like I was nuts.

sagegrouse
03-23-2010, 10:19 PM
I picked Kansas over UNI. I am not a psychic, but I am decent at math/stats. I just happened to have UNI in a year long pool, so I was familiar with the team, and felt they were primed to pull off the upset. In fact, I shared this with several people before the tournament. They all looked at me like I was nuts.

You may want to edit your comment. Didn't you mean to say 'UNI over Kansas?"

sagegrouse

bluepenguin
03-23-2010, 10:30 PM
You may want to edit your comment. Didn't you mean to say 'UNI over Kansas?"

sagegrouse
done.

dukelifer
03-25-2010, 09:07 PM
And another Nostradamus bites the dust

cptnflash
03-26-2010, 01:15 AM
And another Nostradamus bites the dust

Proof that it was luck to being with, which should have been obvious anyway.

Chris4UNC
03-26-2010, 07:22 AM
There is a kid who has a perfect bracket from the two rounds. He has Purdue winning it all.

I hope he'll be wrong there.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/8632/autistic-teen-picks-perfect-bracket

His bracket:

http://media.nbcchicago.com/images/WinningBracket.jpg

So far I have missed only 3 games myself though one will lead to a resulting 4th miss. I missed on G'town, Notre Dame in the 1st and Maryland / Mich St. in the 2nd. As much as it would pain me I have Duke in the final four.

Chris4UNC
03-26-2010, 07:30 AM

I did just that. The Bill Self coached Jayhawks have a way of losing early or going to the final four, nothing in between. I have watched N. Iowa twice this year and I was not shocked that they won but, though I picked them, I was still surprised somewhat. I am just glad all of my friends / co-workers / and bracket pool-mates saw my bracket BEFORE the tourny started. They would never believe me. I had St. Mary's over 'Nova and Butler over 'Cuse as well. So far I've missed only 3 games. How ironic is it that for my streak to continue Duke will have to make the championship game. SO DUKE FANS.....WHO DO YOU THINK I HAVE THE DEVILS LOSING TO IN THE FINAL???? :rolleyes:

whereinthehellami
03-26-2010, 08:58 AM
I did just that. The Bill Self coached Jayhawks have a way of losing early or going to the final four, nothing in between. I have watched N. Iowa twice this year and I was not shocked that they won but, though I picked them, I was still surprised somewhat. I am just glad all of my friends / co-workers / and bracket pool-mates saw my bracket BEFORE the tourny started. They would never believe me. I had St. Mary's over 'Nova and Butler over 'Cuse as well. So far I've missed only 3 games. How ironic is it that for my streak to continue Duke will have to make the championship game. SO DUKE FANS.....WHO DO YOU THINK I HAVE THE DEVILS LOSING TO IN THE FINAL???? :rolleyes:

Do you have Duke beating KY in the final four game?

dukedrummer
03-26-2010, 09:09 AM
Looks like Syracuse killed the perfect bracket. See ya.

GO DUKE!!!!

Duke Drummer