03-23-2010, 03:43 PM
http://twitter.com/ESPNAndyKatz

It's that time of year.

Dominique Jones of USF
Sylvan Landesburg UVa

...in according to Andy Katz

A-Tex Devil
03-23-2010, 03:45 PM
Tommy Mason-Griffith at OU has apparently cleaned out his locker too. Some interesting things swirling about on that one. It's a tough loss, but from what I can tell will be better for OUs chemistry and for Capel going forward if TMG hits the road.

Welcome2DaSlopes
03-23-2010, 04:19 PM
John Wall

GODUKEGO
03-23-2010, 10:04 PM
http://blogs.newsobserver.com/accnow/early-2011-hoop-thoughts-the-good-bad-and-maybe

The early declarations have already started. Great kudos for Duke!!!

Devilsfan
03-23-2010, 10:12 PM
Ol' Roy showcasing his big. Thompson lucky roy is getting him ready for next year. Ten boards in first half. We just might see him staring for the Ubekistan "Running Nomads". Glad he's getting Gynard and Thompson ready for 2010.

GODUKEGO
03-23-2010, 10:14 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2010/news/story?id=5018809

detule
03-24-2010, 01:58 PM
Not sure if this was posted yet, but
Landesburg leaving VA before the current semester ends. (http://http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/mensbasketball/acc/2010-03-23-virginia-landesburg_N.htm)

GODUKEGO
03-24-2010, 03:54 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5022548

GODUKEGO
03-29-2010, 02:44 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2010/news/story?id=5037979

GODUKEGO
03-29-2010, 02:47 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2010/news/story?id=5037876

BD80
03-29-2010, 03:01 PM
[6-foot-11] Marshall freshman Hassan Whiteside will declare for the NBA Draft, ... Whiteside will likely be taken somewhere in the NBA lottery due to his potential. ...

Whiteside is a big-time shot-blocker who is a cross between Marcus Camby and Andray Blatche.

http://community.foxsports.com/goodmanonfox/blog/2010/03/29/marshall_frosh_whiteside_to_declare_for_draft

GODUKEGO
03-31-2010, 08:42 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2010/news/story?id=5045219

pfrduke
03-31-2010, 08:44 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2010/news/story?id=5045219

Notice that he didn't hire an agent. My guess is that he will not get a first round guarantee and will be back.

juise
03-31-2010, 09:01 PM
Notice that he didn't hire an agent. My guess is that he will not get a first round guarantee and will be back.

Agreed. And I don't want him to leave. The ACC needs stronger teams than it had this year and I don't perceive VT as a huge threat to finish ahead of Duke next year. Some value ACC strength more than others. I just want to see UNC near (preferably at) the bottom. :)

roywhite
04-01-2010, 11:22 AM
http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2010/apr/01/010000/6-9-sophomore-is-expected-to-enter-nba-draft-in-ju/sports-college/

Aminu from Wake Forest is entering the draft.

Welcome2DaSlopes
04-01-2010, 11:24 AM
http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2010/apr/01/010000/6-9-sophomore-is-expected-to-enter-nba-draft-in-ju/sports-college/

Aminu from Wake Forest is entering the draft.

This is great news and somewhat expected.

-bdbd
04-01-2010, 11:30 AM
According to several recruits at the McD's game, including Leslie, KY coaches are telling recruits that five (5!) of their players will be entering the draft shortly -- and not just Patterson, Cousins, Wall, Bledsoe...

If I'm a KY fan, I have to really worry about this trend -- as clearly Calipari is going after these one-and-done types (though not all 5 are frosh). As they saw this year, there is something to be said for experieince, leadership and chemistry developed over time...

CDu
04-01-2010, 11:40 AM
According to several recruits at the McD's game, including Leslie, KY coaches are telling recruits that five (5!) of their players will be entering the draft shortly -- and not just Patterson, Cousins, Wall, Bledsoe...

If I'm a KY fan, I have to really worry about this trend -- as clearly Calipari is going after these one-and-done types (though not all 5 are frosh). As they saw this year, there is something to be said for experieince, leadership and chemistry developed over time...

I assume the fifth would be Orton, right? Despite the fact that Dodson, Miller, and Liggins all have good size for the wing, they just haven't shown me enough. By contrast, the productivity bar for expectations for big men is lower. I could see him going in the first round on size/potential alone.

It's an interesting/sleazy game Calipari is playing. Reload every year and hope that talent alone can get you a deep run. But it's important to note that his teams have usually depended on a combination of great young talent AND talented experienced players. This year is the first year he's deviated to almost exclusively one-and-done talent (and even this year he had Patterson).

miramar
04-01-2010, 12:00 PM

This is a very curious phenomenon that is the direct result of the one-year rule. Coach Cal has adapted by recruiting a bunch of one and dones, and now he's turned around and is trying to attract a new group by turning a negative into a positive and telling the recruits how many of his current players are going straight to the NBA.

This is obviously a high risk and high reward strategy in the sense that if he gets a bunch of highly-ranked recruits then at least he will be in the hunt for the national championship the following season, and if a few of them stay a while he just might get there. Of course, he really has to reload every year, and one weak recruiting class could mean that they're off to the NIT. Calipari just might be successful next year because a number of top recruits are still uncommitted, but the problem is that potential recruits have to wait and see who is staying and who is going before committing to Kentucky, and that might not work out every year.

Nevertheless, at least one local sportswriter is favorably impressed:

http://www.kentucky.com/2010/04/01/1205705/john-clay-one-and-well-done-to.html

dukeimac
04-01-2010, 12:31 PM
It is going to get to a point that being a lottery selection is no big deal.

There are so many good players coming out this year that several of them won't be a lottery pick but still should make an NBA team.

As far as the tall guy from Marshall, I would think many of the pro teams would know better then to take a post player with "potential." Of the most recent, Thabeet is such a bust. And they took him over Evans.

It is far better to take a wing guy with potential then to take a post player with potential. If the post isn't polished by now they won't get polished in the pros. The post players in the pros just eat them up.

Watching Thabet for his two weeks in the D-League, the guy is a bust! He doesn't jump, doesn't know how to play defense (is so lost on that end) and every rebound is brought down to his waist. I am in the plans right now to sell the Memphis owner a bridge.

ChicagoCrazy84
04-01-2010, 01:52 PM
This is a very curious phenomenon that is the direct result of the one-year rule. Coach Cal has adapted by recruiting a bunch of one and dones, and now he's turned around and is trying to attract a new group by turning a negative into a positive and telling the recruits how many of his current players are going straight to the NBA.

This is obviously a high risk and high reward strategy in the sense that if he gets a bunch of highly-ranked recruits then at least he will be in the hunt for the national championship the following season, and if a few of them stay a while he just might get there. Of course, he really has to reload every year, and one weak recruiting class could mean that they're off to the NIT. Calipari just might be successful next year because a number of top recruits are still uncommitted, but the problem is that potential recruits have to wait and see who is staying and who is going before committing to Kentucky, and that might not work out every year.

Nevertheless, at least one local sportswriter is favorably impressed:

http://www.kentucky.com/2010/04/01/1205705/john-clay-one-and-well-done-to.html

Pretty lousy article if you ask me. One and none? What does that even mean? I don't know if his recruiting is necessarily sleazy, it's just looked down upon. He doesn't have the same prerogative as Coach K that's for sure. What is a little dis-heartening is that you know these kids will go into Kentucky not knowing a lick about the school except for what he gathered during the visit. I am sure Coach Cal's recruiting message is "hey, we won 35 games this past year and 5 of my guys are gone, so you're next in line to start for me." It has nothing to do with the school and what ift has to offer these kids. Is Duke different? Maybe, maybe not, I don't know honestly, but that's what bugs me the most about his recruiting.

theAlaskanBear
04-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Pretty lousy article if you ask me. One and none? What does that even mean? I don't know if his recruiting is necessarily sleazy, it's just looked down upon. He doesn't have the same prerogative as Coach K that's for sure. What is a little dis-heartening is that you know these kids will go into Kentucky not knowing a lick about the school except for what he gathered during the visit. I am sure Coach Cal's recruiting message is "hey, we won 35 games this past year and 5 of my guys are gone, so you're next in line to start for me." It has nothing to do with the school and what ift has to offer these kids. Is Duke different? Maybe, maybe not, I don't know honestly, but that's what bugs me the most about his recruiting.

Let him take this route. How many championships has it won him? Experience is a better predictor of Championships than good freshmen. Look at the past 10 winners and tell me which ones one with a team full of freshmen? Even Roys UNC teams only won because players STAYED instead of going for the draft.

roywhite
04-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Whatever distinction there was in Lexington, KY between professional sports and college basketball is almost totally gone.

jimsumner
04-01-2010, 05:10 PM
From Wake Forest press release

"Wake Forest sophomore forward Al-Farouq Aminu has announced his intentions to declare for the 2010 NBA Draft. Aminu will hire an agent and forego his final two seasons of collegiate eligibility.

“This was a difficult decision,” said Aminu. “But after talking it over with my family and my coaches, I believe now is the right time for me to pursue my dream of playing in the NBA. I want to thank Wake Forest and the basketball program for all they have done for me the past two years. I have had some great experiences and will miss the friends that I have made here. I’m excited to take the next step and begin my professional career.” "

OldPhiKap
04-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Probably not the best move, but glad to see him go.

It's gonna get rocky in W-S.

jipops
04-01-2010, 09:40 PM
He's got guaranteed money coming his way, so it that sense it is a very good move. On the flip side, he's got work to do if he wants something after that 3 year contract.

dukelifer
04-01-2010, 09:41 PM
From Wake Forest press release

"Wake Forest sophomore forward Al-Farouq Aminu has announced his intentions to declare for the 2010 NBA Draft. Aminu will hire an agent and forego his final two seasons of collegiate eligibility.

“This was a difficult decision,” said Aminu. “But after talking it over with my family and my coaches, I believe now is the right time for me to pursue my dream of playing in the NBA. I want to thank Wake Forest and the basketball program for all they have done for me the past two years. I have had some great experiences and will miss the friends that I have made here. I’m excited to take the next step and begin my professional career.” "
we hardly knew you- aminu. Not sure how good the ACC will be next year- we shall see after the full fall out.

BD80
04-01-2010, 09:49 PM
Whatever distinction there was in Lexington, KY between professional sports and college basketball is almost totally gone.

UK is going to be constrained by a salary cap? Not while Cal is there!

dukelifer
04-01-2010, 09:57 PM

He could get a Fab Five every year and they will see if they can make a run. Not sure he will or can win a NC that way- but he could keep KY interesting and relevant which is more than has been the case of late. He will get top talent to come to KY- particularly guards.

greybeard
04-01-2010, 11:09 PM
Showed reasonably well playing from the exterior. Knocked down some shots and put it on the floor reasonably well in getting to the rim.

I think that the guy has a lot of work to do to be any good. If he does it, could be really good. Difficult to argue with dollars, but, in my view, he left too soon and risks being cannon fodder for the league, when much more was much more likely if he had stayed. (I think that that was a sentence.)

JaMarcus Russell
04-01-2010, 11:16 PM
I am kind of surprised he didn't go last year. He had a similar grade a year ago, but a lot of guys surprisingly came back, including Aminu, Monroe, Brackins, and Willie Warren. It paid off for the first two but definitely hurt the last two guys.

I figure Aminu will be somewhere in the lottery, and I doubt Wake fans are too surprised about his decision. However, I can definitely see Wake missing the NCAAs next year and Dino Gaudio facing even more pressure.

Welcome2DaSlopes
04-01-2010, 11:17 PM
He's a prince, so idk how much money actually played in his decision. I'm sure it was a major factor but I wouldn't put everthing on just that.

Newton_14
04-01-2010, 11:24 PM
Right, wrong, or indifferent, my stance on all these early-entry guys will never change. A large percentage of the guys that go are no where near ready for the NBA, from a basketball point of view or maturity wise. In most cases their bodies are not ready for what the NBA brings either. But we as a society have told them it is the right move because of the money. The money makes it ok. I will always be a big believer that leaving a legacy on the college game is important, getting that degree is important, and properly preparing your body, mind, and game is important. But everyone is conditioned to say "but he will be rich". We always remember the ones that made it and found success, and we all to often forget the William Avery and Chris Washburn's that don't. Even given that the larger list contains the names that did not make it and gave up potentially great college career's and an education for nothing.

I wish more would follow the Tim Duncan and Shane Battier models and realize that it is actually ok to be a college star, get an education, and then still go find success and money in the NBA anyway.

It really is ok to achieve both.

Aminu, we wish you well, though we hardly knew you.

Welcome2DaSlopes
04-02-2010, 06:05 AM
Seperate question, don't really know where else to put it, How long does a college wncaab player have to wait to get drafted? 4 years? It's looks as if mya moore and B. Grinner are not able but i'm not sure.

BD80
04-02-2010, 08:09 AM
Seperate question, don't really know where else to put it, How long does a college wncaab player have to wait to get drafted? 4 years? It's looks as if mya moore and B. Grinner are not able but i'm not sure.

Why on earth would Moore want to take a pay cut?

whereinthehellami
04-02-2010, 09:39 AM
Agreed. And I don't want him to leave. The ACC needs stronger teams than it had this year and I don't perceive VT as a huge threat to finish ahead of Duke next year. Some value ACC strength more than others. I just want to see UNC near (preferably at) the bottom. :)

I could see VT as a viable option to win the ACC next year, they should be alot better than they were this year. With Delayney back, VT returns their entire starting five which includes three legit scorers (Delayney, Hudson, & Allen). They also add Chaney a 6-9 transfer from Florida who is supposed to be a contender to start next year. Plus they add Eddie (6-7) and Garland (5-11) who should see some time as freshman. They return 3 of the top 8 returning scorers from this past year in the ACC.

Daniel tosh
04-02-2010, 10:53 AM
Delaney if I'm not mistaken has declared for the draft.I don't know if has signed an agent or not.

CDu
04-02-2010, 11:03 AM
I could see VT as a viable option to win the ACC next year, they should be alot better than they were this year. With Delayney back, VT returns their entire starting five which includes three legit scorers (Delayney, Hudson, & Allen). They also add Chaney a 6-9 transfer from Florida who is supposed to be a contender to start next year. Plus they add Eddie (6-7) and Garland (5-11) who should see some time as freshman. They return 3 of the top 8 returning scorers from this past year in the ACC.

I only see VT as an option if Delaney ultimately withdraws his name from the draft. If he stays in the draft, VT will be mediocre again next year.

pfrduke
04-02-2010, 11:08 AM
Delaney if I'm not mistaken has declared for the draft.I don't know if has signed an agent or not.

No agent yet. I think most people are expecting his return, but you never know. I highly doubt he would be a first round pick this season.

BD80
04-02-2010, 06:47 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/college-basketball/article/2010-04-02/georgia-techs-lawal-enter-nba-draft

Lawal says he is "ready to take the next step" in his career. The 6-foot-9 forward averaged 13.1 points and 8.5 rebounds this season. He was third in the Atlantic Coast Conference in rebounds.

pfrduke
04-02-2010, 06:53 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/college-basketball/article/2010-04-02/georgia-techs-lawal-enter-nba-draft

And as a second-time declarer, he's gone for good.

Olympic Fan
04-05-2010, 06:26 PM
I KNOW how unreliable most mock drafts are. That said, I think Draft Express is the best of the bench (much more plugged in that NBAdraftnet or any other mock draft I've found.

I mention this because their 2010 mock draft was updated today. As of April 5 in has 1, Wall; 2. Evan Turner ...

ACC players
4. Favors
5. Aminu
7. Ed Davis
17. Solomon Alabi
27. Kyle Singler
30. Gani Lawal

Second round
Landesberg
Booker
Vasquez
Zoubek!!!

But no Scheyer (and FWIW and no Nolan Smith and no Delaney).

Two other noteables: Gordon Hayward at No. 21 and Elliot Williams at No. 25.

A couple of points -- why would Hayward (a .299 3-point shooter) by six places ahead of Singler -- a player of similar size and athleticism, but a better shooter??

The other question -- the key question IMHO -- would a late first round guarantee be enough to convince Kyle to go? I had heard that he would leave with a LOTTERY guarantee, but not to go late in the first round. Don't know if that's true -- but even with the great NCAA run (other than the 0-10 game against Baylor), I haven't seen him projected anywhere near the lottery.

CDu
04-05-2010, 07:24 PM
A couple of points -- why would Hayward (a .299 3-point shooter) by six places ahead of Singler -- a player of similar size and athleticism, but a better shooter??

A few reasons come to mind (not necessarily good reasons, but reasons that I could see being used by NBA folks):
- Hayward is a year younger, and thus has slightly more "upside"
- Hayward shot 45% on 3s last year, so I'm guessing scouts believe his 30% this year is an underestimate of his true percentage (i.e., they think he's actually as good or better a shooter than Singler)

The other question -- the key question IMHO -- would a late first round guarantee be enough to convince Kyle to go? I had heard that he would leave with a LOTTERY guarantee, but not to go late in the first round. Don't know if that's true -- but even with the great NCAA run (other than the 0-10 game against Baylor), I haven't seen him projected anywhere near the lottery.

That's the million-dollar question. It remains to be seen. And it remains to be seen how much Singler's stock rises over the next month or so as well.

JaMarcus Russell
04-05-2010, 07:46 PM
Jonathan Givony, who runs Draft Express, loves Zoubek. He said that Zoubek was the best pro prospect in this year's Final Four, then spent half of Sunday defending him on Twitter :D

I think the reason why he doesn't have Smith is because he is expected to stay for his senior year and possibly be a first round pick in 2011.

Welcome2DaSlopes
04-05-2010, 07:53 PM
Jonathan Givony, who runs Draft Express, loves Zoubek. He said that Zoubek was the best pro prospect in this year's Final Four, then spent half of Sunday defending him on Twitter :D

I think the reason why he doesn't have Smith is because he is expected to stay for his senior year and possibly be a first round pick in 2011.

Let's hope GM's love Zoubek too, and Jon, and while i'm at it Lance too.

should_be_working
04-07-2010, 11:57 AM
Lance Stephenson from UC has left school and will enter the draft.

http://www.sportingnews.com/college-basketball/article/2010-04-07/cincinnatis-lance-stephenson-enter-nba-draft

Thought we'd be hearing more from the UK players about their draft status by now.

baby-face dawkins
04-07-2010, 03:50 PM
According to ESPN, Evan Turner and Xavier Henry have decided to enter 2010 NBA draft

GODUKEGO
04-07-2010, 03:50 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2010/news/story?id=5064218

Welcome2DaSlopes
04-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Lance Stephenson from UC has left school and will enter the draft.

http://www.sportingnews.com/college-basketball/article/2010-04-07/cincinnatis-lance-stephenson-enter-nba-draft

Thought we'd be hearing more from the UK players about their draft status by now.

Good for him, not sure how low he's going to be drafted, but being from BROOKLYN, I root for this kid.

Big Pappa
04-07-2010, 05:01 PM
ESPN's Chad Ford just wrote an Insider article on the draft an hour ago about who's in and who's out. Under "One Foot Out The Door" he lists Kyle with a few other notables:
Solomon Alabi, C, Florida State
Ed Davis, F, North Carolina
Derrick Favors, F, Georgia Tech
Wesley Johnson, F, Syracuse
Ekpe Udoh, F, Baylor
All 5 of the Kentucky guys

He has Gordon, Shumpert, Kalin Lucas, and Elliot Williams among the group of "50-50".

Welcome2DaSlopes
04-07-2010, 05:13 PM
No Greg Monroe interesting

Big Pappa
04-07-2010, 05:19 PM
No Greg Monroe interesting

I didn't list everyone he had on each list. Monroe is under the "50-50".

Duvall
04-07-2010, 06:30 PM
Kentucky goes five for five (http://twitter.com/goodmanonfox/status/11789812455).

Welcome2DaSlopes
04-07-2010, 06:37 PM
Kentucky goes five for five (http://twitter.com/goodmanonfox/status/11789812455).

Looks like Cal will be looking to reload quick as well as Bill self, should be interesting to see where these guys go.

Greg_Newton
04-07-2010, 06:42 PM

I love Kyle, but I'd take Hayward over him on an NBA team. While Kyle clearly outperformed him head-to-head, I think Hayward is a better athlete and has sick handles for a guy his size. That ability to create your own shot is key for NBA SFs, and it's one area Hayward looks like he could really excel. That spin move is nasty.

licc85
04-07-2010, 06:48 PM
the more high profile guys who declare, the lower Kyle will go in the draft. The 5 guys from UK declaring probably lowers his stock. On the other hand, Kyle is on pace to graduate by this summer, and according to an ESPN insider, "his people" are talking to agents. I think he believes that he is ready, and wants to enter the draft. So, to me, he's already decided he's gone, but maybe he'll reconsider if he finds out he's only a borderline 1st rounder. I support his decision either way.

MarkD83
04-07-2010, 06:49 PM
I don't follow the NBA draft that much but am interested in Duke's competition in the NCAA next year so I have been reading through this thread. However, as more and more players declare for the draft is there a site that keeps a full list of those that have actually declared rather than the speculation of who will and will not go?

sagegrouse
04-07-2010, 06:54 PM
I love Kyle, but I'd take Hayward over him on an NBA team. While Kyle clearly outperformed him head-to-head, I think Hayward is a better athlete and has sick handles for a guy his size. That ability to create your own shot is key for NBA SFs, and it's one area Hayward looks like he could really excel. That spin move is nasty.

Maybe. But to me, Gordon looks like Adam Morrison with a haircut and without a mustache.

Singler is a very tough and competitive guy with a motor that doesn't stop. He'll do fine in the NBA.

Gordon should wait at least another year.

sagegrouse
'And I hope Kyle waits another year as well'

hc5duke
04-07-2010, 07:09 PM
Kentucky's Wall, Patterson, Cousins, Orton, Bledsoe all declare for NBA Draft (http://www.latimes.com/sports/nationworld/wire/sns-ap-bkc-kentucky-nba,0,4824854.story)

big surprise! :eek:

House G
04-07-2010, 07:20 PM
Kentucky's Wall, Patterson, Cousins, Orton, Bledsoe all declare for NBA Draft (http://www.latimes.com/sports/nationworld/wire/sns-ap-bkc-kentucky-nba,0,4824854.story)

I guess the Kentucky program is on the decline.

Greg_Newton
04-07-2010, 07:21 PM
Maybe. But to me, Gordon looks like Adam Morrison with a haircut and without a mustache.

Well at least he's got those two things going for him!

I think Hayward gets a bad rap because he's a white guy from Butler. He looks similar to Morrison standing still, but I think he moves so much better. I found myself vaguely reminded of a bigger, less athletic Kobe at times in how smooth and mongoose-like his movements are. Race and flair aside, Hayward is a very good athlete.

I agree that Kyle will also have a solid career, I just think Hayward is a very unique prospect.

juise
04-07-2010, 07:31 PM

Orton averaged 3 points and 3 boards in 13 minutes this season. Draft Express has him ahead of Kyle. Gotta love po-tent-ial.

hc5duke
04-07-2010, 07:36 PM
Orton averaged 3 points and 3 boards in 13 minutes this season. Draft Express has him ahead of Kyle. Gotta love po-tent-ial.

a possible perspective from the players' point of view is that there is a chance of a 2011 nba lockout, and that's why they may be more likely to enter the draft this year.

SoCalDukeFan
04-07-2010, 08:01 PM
I guess the Kentucky program is on the decline.

There were a bunch of McD's AA who have not declared which school they will attend. My guess is at least 5 will pick Kentucky, steered there my World
Wide Wes.

SoCal

House G
04-07-2010, 08:05 PM
There were a bunch of McD's AA who have not declared which school they will attend. My guess is at least 5 will pick Kentucky, steered there my World
Wide Wes.

SoCal
I wonder what you study in college when you are one-and-done? :rolleyes:

roywhite
04-07-2010, 08:20 PM

A fastbreak?
Scoring in transition?

hc5duke
04-07-2010, 08:24 PM
I wonder what you study in college when you are one-and-done? :rolleyes:

might be a good idea to study a european language for a year... just in case :D

Franzez
04-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Wide Wes.

SoCal

Not anymore. World Wide Wes has become an official agent under Creative Artists Agency, and likely will end up representing the likes of Wall, Cousins, and Bledsoe. Any visible involvement between WWW and a recruit/player is a certain guranteed sanction.

He got tired of being the man behind the scenes, now he wants to be involved with the real NBA money.

Franzez
04-07-2010, 08:48 PM

I agree. Orton has "potential" but I dont think hes worthy of being a 1st Round Pick unless he puts together some impressive showings against other NBA prospects. He still needs to be developed.

I have my doubts about Kyle Singler in the NBA. He has to go to a team that knows how to utilize him.

roywhite
04-07-2010, 08:51 PM
Not anymore. World Wide Wes has become an official agent under Creative Artists Agency, and likely will end up representing the likes of Wall, Cousins, and Bledsoe. Any visible involvement between WWW and a recruit/player is a certain guranteed sanction.

He got tired of being the man behind the scenes, now he wants to be involved with the real NBA money.

Yet there still could be a path to KY for some of these high-profile recruits who are undeclared. Whether through outside advisors or whatever, several outstanding prospects have waited for player and coaching changes before making their commitments.

Does Calimari pull in a new harvest?

BD80
04-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Kentucky's Wall, Patterson, Cousins, Orton, Bledsoe all declare for NBA Draft (http://www.latimes.com/sports/nationworld/wire/sns-ap-bkc-kentucky-nba,0,4824854.story) ...

Ouch!

If those four freshmen plus Patterson couldn't get to the final four, what four can? (Even if they had a real coach).

Wall and Cousins are truly elite talents. What amuses me is that Calipari will convince top 20 recruits that they can do better.

If Cal doesn't reload fast, next year will be dismal. If he loads up with the one-and-dones still left from this class, he'll be in the same boat next year. At some point, his failure to graduate recruits will cost Ky scholarships and cause embarrassment.

How long can Kentucky put up with classes full of one-and-dones?

Welcome2DaSlopes
04-07-2010, 09:10 PM
Ouch!

If those four freshmen plus Patterson couldn't get to the final four, what four can? (Even if they had a real coach).

Wall and Cousins are truly elite talents. What amuses me is that Calipari will convince top 20 recruits that they can do better.

If Cal doesn't reload fast, next year will be dismal. If he loads up with the one-and-dones still left from this class, he'll be in the same boat next year. At some point, his failure to graduate recruits will cost Ky scholarships and cause embarrassment.

As long as they have Cal

Franzez
04-07-2010, 09:10 PM
Yet there still could be a path to KY for some of these high-profile recruits who are undeclared. Whether through outside advisors or whatever, several outstanding prospects have waited for player and coaching changes before making their commitments.

Does Calimari pull in a new harvest?

Of course. Im just mentioning that WWW's presence wont be what it used to be on the AAU circuit where he would get involved as an x factor to help sway kids to Kentucky to prepare themselves for the NBA.

Welcome2DaSlopes
04-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Ku recruit propect list:2010 Players Considering - Kansas
NAME POS HT WT SCHOOL RANK GRADE STATUS NOTES
Brandon Knight Point Guard 6-3 183 Pine Crest School (FL) PG #1 97 Undeclared
Josh Selby Point Guard 6-3 183 Lake Clifton H.S. (MD) PG #3 97 Undeclared
Doron Lamb Shooting Guard 6-4 183 Oak Hill Academy (VA) SG #4 95 Undeclared
Terrence Ross Small Forward 6-6 180 Jefferson H.S. (OR) SF #5 95 Undeclared
Julian Washburn Power Forward 6-8 205 Duncanville H.S. (TX) PF #30 92 Undeclared

UK recruit propect list:2010 Players Considering - Kentucky
C.J. Leslie Power Forward 6-9 205 Word of God Christian Academy (NC) PF #3 97 Undeclared
Terrence Jones Small Forward 6-9 230 Jefferson H.S. (OR) SF #3 96 Undeclared
Luke Cothron Power Forward 6-8 205 Flora MacDonald Academy (NC) PF #12 95 Undeclared
Chris Hill Small Forward 6-8 210 Christian Faith Center Academy (NC) SF #19 93 Undeclared
Elijah Pittman Small Forward 6-7 190 Holmes H.S. (KY) SF #49 89 Undeclared

Franzez
04-07-2010, 09:20 PM
Ku recruit propect list:2010 Players Considering - Kansas
Julian Washburn Power Forward 6-8 205 Duncanville H.S. (TX) PF #30 92 Undeclared

UK recruit propect list:2010 Players Considering - Kentucky
C.J. Leslie Power Forward 6-9 205 Word of God Christian Academy (NC) PF #3 97 Undeclared
Terrence Jones Small Forward 6-9 230 Jefferson H.S. (OR) SF #3 96 Undeclared
Luke Cothron Power Forward 6-8 205 Flora MacDonald Academy (NC) PF #12 95 Undeclared
Chris Hill Small Forward 6-8 210 Christian Faith Center Academy (NC) SF #19 93 Undeclared
Elijah Pittman Small Forward 6-7 190 Holmes H.S. (KY) SF #49 89 Undeclared
Kentucky cant get them all.

Chris Hill is Jerry Stackhouse's godson, but he might have some academic issues holding him up from commiting somewhere.

When did Cothron decommit from NC State?

Welcome2DaSlopes
04-07-2010, 09:25 PM
Got this list from Espn

House G
04-07-2010, 09:32 PM
Ouch!

How long will she tolerate not winning a National Championship?

http://www.cinematicwallpaper.com/movie-pictures/wallpapers/Ashley_Judd_wallpaper/Ashley_Judd_picture.jpg

Welcome2DaSlopes
04-07-2010, 09:32 PM
BK and CJ Lesie can be the next JW and DC, not as good but they can win a couple games just by themselves.

MarkD83
04-07-2010, 10:00 PM
Ouch!

This is probably not going to be Calipari's problem. (My next statement may violate some board rules) How long before we hear that the Nets owner offers Calipari lots of money and he skips to the NBA.

Welcome2DaSlopes
04-07-2010, 10:02 PM
This is probably not going to be Calipari's problem. (My next statement may violate some board rules) How long before we hear that the Nets owner offers Calipari lots of money and he skips to the NBA.

Making him a one and done as well huh

BD80
04-08-2010, 02:15 AM
Willie Warren gone:

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/oklahoma-sooners-willie-warren-040710

According to sources, the 6-foot-3 Warren will sign with an agent and forgo his final two seasons in Norman

The article says he was considered a lottery pick entering the season, but has fallen out.

juise
04-08-2010, 02:18 AM
I didn't see this in the thread, but I think the news has been out for a few hours now.

Though not very surprising, Kansas' Xavier Henry is gone (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2010/news/story?id=5064402).

DukieInBrasil
04-08-2010, 06:15 AM
Re: UK's 5-player exodus, I fully expected Wall, Patterson and Cousins to be gone. Bledsoe is a good player but could have certainly benefited from another year in college, mostly for more exposure, if he really is NBA-quality. Remind me again who D. Orton is?

Huh?
04-08-2010, 09:30 AM
So Ed Davis coming back? I'm hearing this, anyone else?

Gewebe14
04-08-2010, 09:38 AM
Something tells me Calimari is not dying to go back to the Nets...

hc5duke
04-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Patterson apparently has NOT declared... at least according to his mom. This is just bizzarre

Nobody told Patrick Patterson he was entering the draft (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/Nobody-told-Patrick-Patterson-he-was-entering-th;_ylt=AjbVwnCud2hqe3yCyAmWqOzevbYF?urn=ncaab,232 942)

There is probably no chance Patterson stays, but it seems UK jumped the gun on this... part of me wonders if (ok, actually, I really strongly believe) Calipari wanted to expedite this announcement to snatch up the remaining recruits.

COYS
04-08-2010, 01:30 PM
Patterson apparently has NOT declared... at least according to his mom. This is just bizzarre

Nobody told Patrick Patterson he was entering the draft (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/Nobody-told-Patrick-Patterson-he-was-entering-th;_ylt=AjbVwnCud2hqe3yCyAmWqOzevbYF?urn=ncaab,232 942)

There is probably no chance Patterson stays, but it seems UK jumped the gun on this... part of me wonders if (ok, actually, I really strongly believe) Calipari wanted to expedite this announcement to snatch up the remaining recruits.

This wouldn't surprise me, at all. It's a critical period for the remaining recruits. That being said, I can't imagine UK would announce it if PP were really thinking about staying. I also can't imagine that even Cal would trade a senior PP (who would be an AA candidate, for certain and a senior) for any of the remaining PF prospects.

tbyers11
04-08-2010, 01:45 PM

Patterson had a de facto Senior Day (http://vaughtsviews.com/?p=3479) at UK's last home game. He is gone.

His mom (and rightly so IMO) is just upset about how the announcement was handled by UK. I agree with your notion that Calipari wanted to put a "positive spin" on nearly his entire team leaving early and didn't really care how Patterson wanted to go about it. Another reason to dislike Calipari.

BD80
04-08-2010, 06:43 PM
Vanderbilt junior A.J. Ogilvy is declaring for the NBA Draft and will sign with an agent.

Ogilvy is not expected to be a first-round pick and could wind up overseas.

http://community.foxsports.com/goodmanonfox/blog/2010/04/08/vandys_ogilvy_signing_with_agent

roywhite
04-08-2010, 07:04 PM
Talor Battle of Penn State, a two-year All Big10 guard, declares. Some talk that he is testing the waters and may pull out by May 8.

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/040810aaa.html

Eckster
04-08-2010, 09:59 PM

The KY situation gets more and more bizarre. I don't suppose any of the faithful care so much as long as the wins keep coming. The boys will keep coming with the stated/unstated prospect of easily trotting off to the NBA and beyond. 5 at a time! So easy, a caveman can do it! Tough to think you can sustain this sort of stuff year after year.

If Cal made this announcement in spite of PP's wishes, what a selfish loser. Rupp's gotta be turning over in his grave.

roywhite
04-09-2010, 09:42 AM
Avery Bradley of Texas declaring for the draft. Has not hired an agent.

Duke of Nashville
04-09-2010, 12:02 PM
Favor's is Gone (http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6271764/20822392?tag=headlines;other)

HaveFunExpectToWin
04-09-2010, 04:35 PM
Vanderbilt junior A.J. Ogilvy is declaring for the NBA Draft and will sign with an agent.

http://community.foxsports.com/goodmanonfox/blog/2010/04/08/vandys_ogilvy_signing_with_agent

Yeah, this was upsetting to me as I thought he could be part of a big season next year for Vandy. It's a strange decision in that his stock has only dropped after his freshman year. A strong senior year could have really helped him. I wish AJ the best of luck, but can't say I think he's made a good choice.

BD80
04-09-2010, 10:49 PM
Not sure where to put this, but with the mods mad about consolidating threads I gave this a shot.

Draft Express is glowing about Jerome Randle:

Jerome Randle putting on a show once again. He's so good its not even funny. Passing clinic, shooting the piss out of it.

Thank goodness Duke didn't have to face that level of talent this year, and instead got the "easy" path.

Oh, wait ...

Big Pappa
04-10-2010, 12:53 AM
I'm glad Favors is gone, hopefully Ed Davis will follow. I saw on ESPN that Chad Ford has Davis as the 8th pick in the draft.

Welcome2DaSlopes
04-10-2010, 01:00 AM
And Henson of course

Duvall
04-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Ed Davis (http://tarheelblue.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/041210aaa.html), JaJuan Johnson (http://www.sportingnews.com/college-basketball/article/2010-04-12/purdues-jajuan-johnson-enter-nba-draft), Devin Ebanks (http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/2010/04/12/Ebanks-leaving-West-Virginia-for-NBA/UPI-91651271099727/) enter draft.

Personally, I blame Zoubek.

mph
04-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Ed Davis (http://tarheelblue.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/041210aaa.html), JaJuan Johnson (http://www.sportingnews.com/college-basketball/article/2010-04-12/purdues-jajuan-johnson-enter-nba-draft), Devin Ebanks (http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/2010/04/12/Ebanks-leaving-West-Virginia-for-NBA/UPI-91651271099727/) enter draft.

Personally, I blame Zoubek.

Must be a mistake. Carolina fans have it on good authority that Ed Davis needs additional surgery and will be coming back for one, if not two more seasons.

BD80
04-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Must be a mistake. Carolina fans have it on good authority that Ed Davis needs additional surgery and will be coming back for one, if not two, more seasons.

Come on, the decision was EASY, wasn't it Ed?

Big Pappa
04-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Wes Johnson declared about an hour ago.

Starter
04-12-2010, 04:07 PM
It was crazy for Carolina fans to think Ed Davis was going back there. And risk another year like this where his stock might actually drop out of the lottery? Not a chance.

blueprofessor
04-12-2010, 04:13 PM
Must be a mistake. Carolina fans have it on good authority that Ed Davis needs additional surgery and will be coming back for one, if not two, more seasons.

Huck Hamlet:

"Ed is a wonderful young man who I am proud to have coached," coach Roy Williams said in the statement. "He was having a very productive season before suffering a broken wrist. He helped us win a national championship as a freshman and his injuries this past year were certainly an obstacle in us returning to the NCAA Tournament."

Only better way to say it: sub the who for whom so it represents the objective (and proper) case.
Also, no mention of Ed's surgeon, Wanda, and dropping the med malpractice suit ; looks like that Kansas residency did some good. Still there ought to be better way of keeping the players around than a botched surgery.
They do still have Zeller to operate on.

Best regards--Blueprofessor:)

Welcome2DaSlopes
04-12-2010, 04:17 PM
Does someone have a link? about ed davis

Olympic Fan
04-12-2010, 04:19 PM
I consider all this depressing news -- tempered only by the reactions I will get from all the smug Carolina fans who had it on good authority that Ed Davis was coming back.

But the trouble is that I love college basketball and I hate to see so many guys rush to turn pro -- especially when so many of them will end up in Europe, the NBDL or atthe end of an NBA bench. I know there's instant money there, but in the long run there's more money if a guy prepares himself to succeed in the NBA.

Ed Davis' departure hurts the ACC ... Johnson's departure will knock Purdue from a potential top 3 team next season to a borderline top 10 team. Oglivy, Randle, Eubanks, Bledsoe, Orton ... what business do those guys have going pro when they had yet to establish themselves as dominant college players?

Selfishly, I'm hoping that Kyle decides to come back for his senior year, but I'm not being smug about it. If his inquries show he'll be drafted where he wants to be (lottery? first round?), then I'll say thanks for the 3 years and we'll always cherish your part in the 2010 title run.

What I hate most is the idea that potential agents are using the NBA labor negotiations as a weapon to stampede these kids into declaring early. You hear about work stoppages and lockouts and reduced rookie pay scales. They're told they better come out now or they'll be shut out next spring.

Any of that is possible, but the history of such labor disputes is that it all will be settled with a minimum of upheavel. I'm willing to bet next year's newcomers will enter the league under very similar financial terms as this spring's guys.

The way its going now, it might be a good gamble for a borderline first round guy (like Kyle?) to stay in school and gamble on the NBA and players union reaching a reasonable settlement. If that happens, next year's draft will be one of the weakest in memory (with everybody and his brother coming out this year) -- and a guy who might got 25-30 this year could go 10-15 (especially after a strong senior year).

Vincetaylor
04-12-2010, 04:24 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2010/news/story?id=5078993

blueprofessor
04-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Difficult to read because of wine, brie, and tear stains:

http://northcarolina.scout.com/2/961704.html

Best regards to all and good luck,Ed. :)Blueprofessor

Welcome2DaSlopes
04-12-2010, 04:26 PM
Thank you

MChambers
04-12-2010, 04:27 PM
I consider all this depressing news -- tempered only by the reactions I will get from all the smug Carolina fans who had it on good authority that Ed Davis was coming back.

But the trouble is that I love college basketball and I hate to see so many guys rush to turn pro -- especially when so many of them will end up in Europe, the NBDL or atthe end of an NBA bench. I know there's instant money there, but in the long run there's more money if a guy prepares himself to succeed in the NBA.

Ed Davis' departure hurts the ACC ... Johnson's departure will knock Purdue from a potential top 3 team next season to a borderline top 10 team. Oglivy, Randle, Eubanks, Bledsoe, Orton ... what business do those guys have going pro when they had yet to establish themselves as dominant college players?

Selfishly, I'm hoping that Kyle decides to come back for his senior year, but I'm not being smug about it. If his inquries show he'll be drafted where he wants to be (lottery? first round?), then I'll say thanks for the 3 years and we'll always cherish your part in the 2010 title run.

What I hate most is the idea that potential agents are using the NBA labor negotiations as a weapon to stampede these kids into declaring early. You hear about work stoppages and lockouts and reduced rookie pay scales. They're told they better come out now or they'll be shut out next spring.

Any of that is possible, but the history of such labor disputes is that it all will be settled with a minimum of upheavel. I'm willing to bet next year's newcomers will enter the league under very similar financial terms as this spring's guys.

The way its going now, it might be a good gamble for a borderline first round guy (like Kyle?) to stay in school and gamble on the NBA and players union reaching a reasonable settlement. If that happens, next year's draft will be one of the weakest in memory (with everybody and his brother coming out this year) -- and a guy who might got 25-30 this year could go 10-15 (especially after a strong senior year).

It is discouraging, isn't it? One could hope that the next labor agreement, whenever it is reached, will minimize the one and done problem and also give kids more of an incentive to stay in school.

Such an agreement would improve both college ball and the NBA. I'm not optimistic, however.

roywhite
04-12-2010, 04:37 PM
It is discouraging, isn't it? One could hope that the next labor agreement, whenever it is reached, will minimize the one and done problem and also give kids more of an incentive to stay in school.

Such an agreement would improve both college ball and the NBA. I'm not optimistic, however.

Derrick Coleman was at Syracuse for four years, but is now going through bankruptcy despite career NBA earnings of something like $47 million.

http://blogs.wsj.com/bankruptcy/2010/04/09/ex-nba-star-derrick-coleman-files-for-bankruptcy/

I guess there's no guarantee that staying in school will help a player develop his skill and his good sense.

JasonEvans
04-12-2010, 04:43 PM

The next labor agreement could reopen the door to high schoolers... or it could close the door to freshmen. I think it is somewhat likely to do away with 1-and-done.

I keep on hearing more and more talk of a baseball-like decision where kids can go out of high school or they committ to being in college for at least a couple years.

I coudl easily see a scenario where a bunch of kids who could have gone ahead of Kyle are suddenly cut off from the draft next year allowing his stock to jump higher.

--Jason "wishful thinking" Evans

Welcome2DaSlopes
04-12-2010, 04:49 PM
I think it was fine the way it is, no need to force kids to stay in school if they don't want. Let them in the nba or let them go to college, they are legally adults (18) they should choose.

monkey
04-12-2010, 05:08 PM
I think it was fine the way it is, no need to force kids to stay in school if they don't want. Let them in the nba or let them go to college, they are legally adults (18) they should choose.

I'm sure the NBA doesn't agree with this statement at all. The NBA teams are the ones paying out the money - I'm sure they feel entitled to restrict who they let into the league so as to maximize the benefit to the NBA - not a legally adult athlete and certainly not the NCAA. If the young adult decides to choose to play in a foreign league as opposed to college, I suspect the NBA doesn't care. If the league is able to get the players union to sign on to upping the minimum age requirement, I suspect they will probably do so (based solely on my belief that they like getting more polished products instead of having to pay to do the polishing themselves and not based on any inside knowledge with respect to negotiations) - and the deal will be a legal restraint on trade.

dukelifer
04-12-2010, 07:19 PM
Big East player of the year has just declared. There is a long - long list of early entries. Getting crowed in that first round now.

CDu
04-12-2010, 07:55 PM

Not shocking, really.

pfrduke
04-12-2010, 08:00 PM

Not shocking, really.

Unless you're LDII :D

LDrew2 wtf @eddavis32 youre leaving?!?!?

scheyeronfire
04-12-2010, 08:06 PM
As a strictly college basketball fan, the only appeal of the NBA to me is to see the players I watched in college thrive at the professional level. For the players who went straight from HS to the NBA, I have no connection with them, and thus no reason to watch their games.

The big picture for the NBA is, the more exposure their players receive, the more general interest their will be in their performance. For every Kobe and KG, there are 10 Telfairs and Kwame Browns. But with Telfair went to Kentucky, and Kwame went to Kansas, me, and a lot of other CBB fans would be more inclined to follow their progress in the pros.

Saratoga2
04-12-2010, 08:23 PM

Last I checked there were 46 underclassmen already going to proball or at least testing the waters, and the number may indeed grow. Take the seniors who will compete with them, the foreign players and those who went pro at a lower level to possibly work their way forward and you have almost certain rejection for a good number of the 46. The NBA just doesn't have that many openings.

MarkD83
04-12-2010, 08:46 PM
Last I checked there were 46 underclassmen already going to proball or at least testing the waters, and the number may indeed grow. Take the seniors who will compete with them, the foreign players and those who went pro at a lower level to possibly work their way forward and you have almost certain rejection for a good number of the 46. The NBA just doesn't have that many openings.

The NBA GMs love this. Simple supply and demand. Some players that fit in well with a top NBA team will fall to the end of the first round or into the second and a bright GM will get a bargain.

SoCalDukeFan
04-12-2010, 09:09 PM

Why not let them go to the NBA at age 18, right out of high school?

The one and done forces athletes who don't care about school to college for a year and has many other problems.

Give the kid a choice and if he wants college make him go long enough to "unpack his bags." If he doesn't fine. Seems to work in baseball.

SoCal

Welcome2DaSlopes
04-12-2010, 09:40 PM
per Parrish and Goodman Twitter feeds is declaring.

http://community.foxsports.com/goodmanonfox/blog/2010/04/12/sources:_memphis_elliott_williams_signing_with_age nt

Good luck EWill.

dukemsu

Good luck you have lot's of talent, use it well in the nba. Good luck with the nba and your moms health

Welcome2DaSlopes
04-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Does Elliot going to the Draft, make one more dukie going to the nba? or does it only count for memphis?

Gewebe14
04-12-2010, 09:59 PM
E-Mail is an Alumni of Duke University and I don't know why we wouldn't claim him. Adding to our record of most current NBA alumni players one stud at a time.

EDIT: Also wrong thread, BUT Gerald blew up tonight 14 pts, 7 rebounds, and a block in 21 minutes against the Nets. A couple of and-1 dunks too, Lance must have taught him a thing or two during practice last year.

Welcome2DaSlopes
04-12-2010, 10:08 PM
Hopefully John Henson follows

JBDuke
04-12-2010, 10:33 PM
E-Mail is an Alumni of Duke University and I don't know why we wouldn't claim him. Adding to our record of most current NBA alumni players one stud at a time.

EDIT: Also wrong thread, BUT Gerald blew up tonight 14 pts, 7 rebounds, and a block in 21 minutes against the Nets. A couple of and-1 dunks too, Lance must have taught him a thing or two during practice last year.

Really? EWill graduated from Duke after just one year on campus? I'm impressed!

(sarcasm off)

EWill is certainly has a history with Duke, and many of us will follow his career with interest, but he's no longer a Blue Devil, and thus, this is the correct thread to discuss his entry into the draft.

Gewebe14
04-12-2010, 10:43 PM
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/alumni?&qsrc=

And no, I don't believe he graduated from Duke. Or Memphis for that matter. Still a stud.

EDIT: didn't mean for that to be rude - but he is an alumni! And hes the man.

JBDuke
04-12-2010, 10:47 PM
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/alumni?&qsrc=

And no, I don't believe he graduated from Duke. Or Memphis for that matter. Still a stud.

Mea culpa. I have always thought alumnus (or alumna) was a synonym for graduate. Now I know better.

Still, the intent of this thread is for athletes leaving for the pros from schools other than Duke, so it is the appropriate place to discuss EWill.

BD80
04-12-2010, 10:55 PM
Really? EWill graduated from Duke after just one year on campus? I'm impressed!

(sarcasm off)

EWill is certainly has a history with Duke, and many of us will follow his career with interest, but he's no longer a Blue Devil, and thus, this is the correct thread to discuss his entry into the draft.

alumnus: 1 : a person who has attended or has graduated from a particular school, college, or university

Some of us have a greater affinity for EWill because his choice to leave Duke was based upon his mother's health concerns.

I would count him as a "Dukie."

Welcome2DaSlopes
04-12-2010, 11:06 PM
My question is does the NBA consider him a Dukie?

hc5duke
04-12-2010, 11:35 PM
Good luck you have lot's of talent, use it well in the nba. Good luck with the nba and your moms health

how do you get 2.8 stars from 1 rating?
http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=19&pictureid=458

Welcome2DaSlopes
04-12-2010, 11:38 PM
how do you get 2.8 stars from 1 rating?
http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=19&pictureid=458

Lol, why did you qoute what I said? but yea that's pretty funny

TheBrianZoubekExperience
04-12-2010, 11:44 PM
My question is does the NBA consider him a Dukie?

I'm sure they NBA will list his college in official stats as Memphis and announce him from Memphis at the draft.

Welcome2DaSlopes
04-12-2010, 11:51 PM
I mean, Duke has 14 players currently in the NBA right now. So when E-Will get's drafted, does he count as one more?

AlaskanAssassin
04-13-2010, 01:13 AM
I mean, Duke has 14 players currently in the NBA right now. So when E-Will get's drafted, does he count as one more?

Nope!

devildownunder
04-13-2010, 03:32 AM
Derrick Coleman was at Syracuse for four years, but is now going through bankruptcy despite career NBA earnings of something like $47 million.

http://blogs.wsj.com/bankruptcy/2010/04/09/ex-nba-star-derrick-coleman-files-for-bankruptcy/

I guess there's no guarantee that staying in school will help a player develop his skill and his good sense.

In DC's case, some bad investments linked to the economic devastation of Detroit have something to do with his downfall. That's especially sad because he's from the area and was trying to give help out. There are a lot of people with college degrees who have lost out on bad investments linked to Detroit. Now certainly, Coleman was making money long before the bottom fell out of Motown, so he should've been better set up. I'm just saying it's probably not entirely fair to say this bankruptcy proves he has no "good sense."

I do agree, however, that there are no guarantees.

sagegrouse
04-13-2010, 08:17 AM
Mea culpa. I have always thought alumnus (or alumna) was a synonym for graduate. Now I know better.

Still, the intent of this thread is for athletes leaving for the pros from schools other than Duke, so it is the appropriate place to discuss EWill.

At the universities in Texas, the alumni are often referred to as "Exes," such as "Texas Exes." And it isn't limited to UT, either. The term probably arose because of the rhyme, but its use underscores that you don't have to graduate to retain an affiliation with the school.

sagegrouse

DevilHorns
04-13-2010, 08:35 AM

Nope. Our perception of the player (we obviously love E will and realize he had a unique situation to transfer) should not be a factor in this.

Are transfers from Duke considered to hail from Duke university when their credentials are scrolled on the TV screen? The answer is no. Flat out no.

Good luck Email!

Lennies
04-13-2010, 09:01 AM
In DC's case, some bad investments linked to the economic devastation of Detroit have something to do with his downfall. That's especially sad because he's from the area and was trying to give help out. There are a lot of people with college degrees who have lost out on bad investments linked to Detroit. Now certainly, Coleman was making money long before the bottom fell out of Motown, so he should've been better set up. I'm just saying it's probably not entirely fair to say this bankruptcy proves he has no "good sense."

Coleman earned 87 million dollars during his career and now has 1 million dollars (and almost 5 million dollars in debt).

kong123
04-13-2010, 09:17 AM
Its funny, a guy like Kyle Singler won a NC this year and will probably not improve enough with one more year of college basketball to raise his current stock. Ed Davis, probably should have left last year when his stock was higher, but is leaving this year after a rather average year. He was outplayed by every ACC big man this year and his team failed miserably. But.. he is going pro?

Its crazy how the NBA works. Kyle is ready, he is a great shooter and has decent size. Davis isn't leaving, is currently hurt and plays weaker and smaller than his size would indicate. There are 10 guys that play the same position that Davis plays that are physically stronger and are far more skilled.

But, the NBA will take Davis ahead of Singler. By staying, Singler may not raise his stock in next years draft, other than benefiting from a less talented draft overall. Davis can move up substantially, but chooses to go now.

roywhite
04-13-2010, 09:29 AM
Its funny, a guy like Kyle Singler won a NC this year and will probably not improve enough with one more year of college basketball to raise his current stock. Ed Davis, probably should have left last year when his stock was higher, but is leaving this year after a rather average year. He was outplayed by every ACC big man this year and his team failed miserably. But.. he is going pro?

Its crazy how the NBA works. Kyle is ready, he is a great shooter and has decent size. Davis isn't leaving, is currently hurt and plays weaker and smaller than his size would indicate. There are 10 guys that play the same position that Davis plays that are physically stronger and are far more skilled.

But, the NBA will take Davis ahead of Singler. By staying, Singler may not raise his stock in next years draft, other than benefiting from a less talented draft overall. Davis can move up substantially, but chooses to go now.

You're making some assumptions that seem questionable:

I've seen Davis projected to go in the top 10
Davis would improve his position by coming back, but Singler would not?

We'll see how things work out. Just my guess, but I can see Davis going fairly high, and Kyle going late 1st round.

kong123
04-13-2010, 09:35 AM
You're making some assumptions that seem questionable:

I've seen Davis projected to go in the top 10
Davis would improve his position by coming back, but Singler would not?

We'll see how things work out. Just my guess, but I can see Davis going fairly high, and Kyle going late 1st round.

Would you take Davis over Cousins, Wall, Patterson, Turner, Favors, Lawal, Aminu, Cole Aldridge, X. Henry, and Wesley Johnson. Plus there are several other international players out there, including the incoming freshman from Turkey going to Kentucky? Because of the strength of this years draft, Davis could go from a late lottery pick this year to a single digit pick next year. Plus, physically, he needs another year.

My point is, Kyle is a proven talent, Davis, as well as a few other players in the draft, are yet to prove themselves outside of their future abilities.

CDu
04-13-2010, 09:38 AM

Most draft projections I've seen have Davis in the top-10 in the draft. So I'm not sure how Davis could move up "substantially" by returning. Singler, on the other hand, is a late-first/early-second guy it seems. I don't know that he would improve his stock, but there certainly appears to be more room for him to do so than Davis. Perhaps you just meant that Davis has more room to grow as a player by returning? If so, then the logical counter is that he could also do that growing while making millions.

And given the potential for a lockout (and a new collective bargaining agreement which may have an impact on rookie salaries), it's not shocking that Davis would strike while the iron is still fairly hot. There's probably little to gain draft-wise by returning.

It would have surprised me greatly to see Davis come back. It's hard to imagine a guy turning down the lottery in back-to-back seasons, especially when he saw his stock take a bit of a hit by returning this year. It also would not surprise me to see Singler go pro. But it wouldn't shock me to see him stay, either.

CDu
04-13-2010, 09:44 AM
Would you take Davis over Cousins, Wall, Patterson, Turner, Favors, Lawal, Aminu, Cole Aldridge, X. Henry, and Wesley Johnson. Plus there are several other international players out there, including the incoming freshman from Turkey going to Kentucky? Because of the strength of this years draft, Davis could go from a late lottery pick this year to a single digit pick next year. Plus, physically, he needs another year.

Chad Ford has Davis at #7, behind almost all of those guys. He's got him and Aldridge at #7 and #8. He has Henry at #16. He doesn't have any of the euro guys in the top 10. Based on that, it would seem that Davis is probably in the 7-13 range (i.e., pretty safely a lottery guy). He's very possibly/probably a lottery pick this year.

And you are ignoring the fact that the impending NBA labor dispute may have serious implications for incoming rookies. For one, there may be a strike. But also very important in the discussion will be the potential renegotiation of the rookie salary scale. So when you consider the risk of injury, the risk of draft stock dropping by "eh" play, and the risk that rookie wages may take a big hit, and considering the fact that you'd be deferring wages by a year (i.e., taking into account time discounting), it's perfectly reasonable to consider the possibility/probability that going 7-12 this year is better than going 4-7 next year.

My point is, Kyle is a proven talent, Davis, as well as a few other players in the draft, are yet to prove themselves outside of their future abilities.

Yes, and I agree with that point. The NBA definitely still has a sweet tooth for potential, and that sometimes results in undervaluing "proven" guys. Of course, that's not always the case. It seems like frequently a senior or two jumps up the draft board.

But you also said that Davis has room to substantially improve his draft stock but Singler doesn't. Which seems incorrect, given that Singler is a borderline first-rounder while most consider Davis to be a sure-fire lottery guy.

kong123
04-13-2010, 10:03 AM
Moving from a 14th pick to a 2nd or 3rd pick overall is a huge jump. If Kyle is a late first rounder this year and next, what does he accomplish? He isn't Tyler Hansbrough, he does have perceived NBA skills. I cannot imagine there being a much better pick for a NBA team than a player who is smart and skilled, and who also has good size.

Perhaps my argument is more with the system, but I think Davis should look at Brendan Wright's career and reconsider.

CDu
04-13-2010, 10:21 AM
Moving from a 14th pick to a 2nd or 3rd pick overall is a huge jump. If Kyle is a late first rounder this year and next, what does he accomplish? He isn't Tyler Hansbrough, he does have perceived NBA skills. I cannot imagine there being a much better pick for a NBA team than a player who is smart and skilled, and who also has good size.

Two things:

1. You're assuming no room for draft stock improvement for Singler. Who is to say that Singler couldn't turn himself into a lottery pick next year? Nobody thought Redick would be a lottery guy after his junior year. Battier certainly wasn't expected to turn into a top-5 guy before his senior year. I'm not saying Singler will do that, but I'm not going to say he won't, either.

2. You assume that Davis could jump up to #2 or #3 by staying. And if he's #7 or #8 this year, why do you assume that that is a huge jump? Again, you're forgetting that (a) there's a real chance that rookie salaries go down with the next CBA, (b) there's a discount rate for future earnings - people value things now more than a year from now, and (c) there's the real chance that Davis HURTS his stock yet again by staying. Between those points, there's a completely logical reason for him to go now, and there's not necessarily a huge benefit to staying. In terms of draft stock, I think the risk of staying (i.e., potential lower salary structure for rookies, potential risk of draft stock slipping even more, potential for further injury, putting off earnings another year or more) is greater than the potential benefit of staying (potentially moving up a few spots in the draft).

Perhaps my argument is more with the system, but I think Davis should look at Brendan Wright's career and reconsider.

I have no disagreements with this point. The NBA draft system has many flaws, and misses on a lot of guys.

Big Pappa
04-13-2010, 10:35 AM
There are now only 4 guys left on Chad Ford's list of "One Foot Out the Door" to the NBA Draft.

Derrick Caracter, PF, UTEP
Kyle Singler, F, Duke
Ekpe Udoh, F, Baylor

CampbellBlueDevil
04-13-2010, 11:08 AM
There are now only 4 guys left on Chad Ford's list of "One Foot Out the Door" to the NBA Draft.

Kyle Singler, F, Duke
Ekpe Udoh, F, Baylor

The list has definitely dwindled...One more year K.Swirl

MChambers
04-13-2010, 11:24 AM

Kyle Singler, F, Duke
Ekpe Udoh, F, Baylor

Shouldn't Patrick Patterson be on that list?

DukeGirl4ever
04-13-2010, 11:30 AM

Kyle Singler, F, Duke
Ekpe Udoh, F, Baylor

I thought Alabi already declared. Am I wrong? There are too many guys to keep track of now so I may be losing it.

Saratoga2
04-13-2010, 11:55 AM
I thought Alabi already declared. Am I wrong? There are too many guys to keep track of now so I may be losing it.

Here is the list from CBS sports. It is pretty complete and up to date.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/13033792

DukeGirl4ever
04-13-2010, 12:00 PM
Here is the list from CBS sports. It is pretty complete and up to date.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/13033792
Awesome! THANKS!
I will now bookmark this site and check it religiously on my work computer...because that is important work-related info! :p

CDu
04-13-2010, 01:32 PM
Shouldn't Patrick Patterson be on that list?

Patterson has declared for the draft. He's in the "In the Draft" section. The "One Foot Out the Door" section refers to folks that Ford thinks are leaning towards going but haven't declared.

NYDukie
04-13-2010, 01:40 PM

Kyle Singler, F, Duke
Ekpe Udoh, F, Baylor

Udoh declared today...another one bites the dust.

MChambers
04-13-2010, 01:51 PM
Patterson has declared for the draft. He's in the "In the Draft" section. The "One Foot Out the Door" section refers to folks that Ford thinks are leaning towards going but haven't declared.

I thought Ky had said Patterson was going, but he had said he hadn't decided.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/mensbasketball/sec/2010-04-10-patterson-possible-return_N.htm

He describes himself as half in, half out.

JasonEvans
04-13-2010, 02:14 PM
Udoh declared today...another one bites the dust.

He's got some big-time athleticism for a dude his size. I think some team will be quite happy with what they get from him. He's a mid-first rounder.

Patterson won't be back, I don't think. His family is making noise to gain attention.

-Jason "Patterson's development of a jumper has really helped his stock" Evans

BD80
04-13-2010, 02:14 PM

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/mensbasketball/sec/2010-04-10-patterson-possible-return_N.htm

He's gone. He and his mom were pissed that UK lumped him in with the 4 frosh in the press release, and didn't let him have his own press conference. He tested the waters last year so this decision is irrevocable. PP and mom want some publicity to leverage one or two spots higher in the draft. UK wanted a quick announcement for the publicity of FIVE UK players declaring early and possibly FIVE first round picks. It also allowed the staff to recruit PP's spot a couple of weeks earlier than PP wanted.

CDu
04-13-2010, 02:19 PM

I think the distinction may be one of terminology. Having declared for the draft doesn't mean you're going to the draft. Perhaps it is the case that Patterson has declared but has not decided whether or not he'll go?

In any case, Ford had Patterson listed as declared. It may very well be that (in fact, it sounds very much as if) Patterson hasn't committed fully to a decision either way.

It's probably poor (or lazy) wording/classification by Ford. There really should be four categories: IN (i.e., with agent, not coming back), declared but on the fence, undeclared, returning. In that case, the "one foot in the door" group would be the "undeclared" group, and guys like Patterson and Delaney et al would be in the "declared but on the fence" group.

In other words, I think there should probably be a distinction between Patterson and Singler.

EDIT: Or, it may be that Patterson really is gone, based on other posts.

Big Pappa
04-13-2010, 02:31 PM
Ekpe Udoh has scheduled a press conference to announce his decision (one way or the other) for today at 5pm cst.

http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/041310aaa.html

JasonEvans
04-13-2010, 03:27 PM
Ekpe Udoh has scheduled a press conference to announce his decision (one way or the other) for today at 5pm cst.

http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/041310aaa.html

Gary Parish at CBSSports (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/13207983/baylors-udoh-likely-lottery-pick-to-enter-nba-draft) says he will announce he is in the draft. As a likly lottery pick, this is hardly a surprise.

--Jason "who is the best player that is for sure staying? So far it is probably Lacedarius Dunn... or maybe Nolan" Evans

CDu
04-13-2010, 03:42 PM
--Jason "who is the best player that is for sure staying? So far it is probably Lacedarius Dunn... or maybe Nolan" Evans

Or maybe Robbie Hummel (though obviously he wasn't going with that injury). Or Gordon Hayward. I guess it depends on whether you mean who is the top rated prospect returning, or who is the best college player returning.

Trooper
04-13-2010, 03:44 PM
If you believe him, Greg Monroe has thus far stated he is returning. He's the only potential Top 10 pick left that has not already declared once Udoh announces. People keep assuming he'll change his mind, but that's entirely based on the fact that he'll be picked in the 8-12 range.

Not that he'd be considered one of the best returning players, but Mason is actually ranked as the #19 prospect right now by Ford. He's the 2nd highest guy definitely staying, if you discount Monroe.

Big Pappa
04-13-2010, 04:12 PM
"who is the best player that is for sure staying? So far it is probably Lacedarius Dunn... or maybe Nolan" Evans

Monroe would easily be at the top of the list if he stays but if he doesn't you have to include Luke Babbit from Nevada and Elias Harris from Gonzaga with Lace and Nolan.

Saratoga2
04-13-2010, 06:55 PM
Some of us have a greater affinity for EWill because his choice to leave Duke was based upon his mother's health concerns.

I would count him as a "Dukie."

The word was that EWill went to Memphis to be near his mother at her time of illness. What has become of his mother in the past year? I assume his mother's status has changed as he is now headed off to the NBA (Hopefully for him). Clearly, he could stay in Memphis, if his mother still was in need of his help.

BD80
04-13-2010, 07:00 PM
The word was that EWill went to Memphis to be near his mother at her time of illness. What has become of his mother in the past year? I assume his mother's status has changed as he is now headed off to the NBA (Hopefully for him). Clearly, he could stay in Memphis, if his mother still was in need of his help.

From what I have read, he will move his mother to or near a first rate medical facility in the city of the team that selects him. He expects to be a first round pick.

COYS
04-13-2010, 07:05 PM
From what I have read, he will move his mother to or near a first rate medical facility in the city of the team that selects him. He expects to be a first round pick.

The money he'll earn should be a big boon to the family in paying for the care of his mother. I'm excited that he had the year that he had and has put himself in this position. Naturally, I still wish he were in duke blue, but I'm glad his difficult decision worked out like it did.

Duvall
04-13-2010, 08:41 PM
Gary Parish at CBSSports (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/13207983/baylors-udoh-likely-lottery-pick-to-enter-nba-draft) says he will announce he is in the draft. As a likly lottery pick, this is hardly a surprise.

Ekpe Udoh Isgone (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/basketball/ncaa/04/13/udoh.draft.ap/index.html?eref=twitter_feed). No agent.

devildownunder
04-13-2010, 09:54 PM
Coleman earned 87 million dollars during his career and now has 1 million dollars (and almost 5 million dollars in debt).

How much did GM make during that time? How much does it have now? Are they all idiots?

The answer may be "yes". Seriously. But I doubt anyone is indicting their academic careers over this.

Big Pappa
04-13-2010, 10:14 PM
After Udoh declared this afternoon, there are now 57 underclassmen that have declared for the NBA draft (including Internation players that are under 22). Keep in mind this is ONLY underclassmen, not seniors. Also keep in mind that there are only 60 picks in the entire NBA Draft.

I'm not sure where Kyle will go if he declares but this has got to be in the back of his mind. Of course I will support him in whatever decision he makes but I hope that he comes back.

Newton_14
04-13-2010, 11:01 PM
I think the distinction may be one of terminology. Having declared for the draft doesn't mean you're going to the draft. Perhaps it is the case that Patterson has declared but has not decided whether or not he'll go?

In any case, Ford had Patterson listed as declared. It may very well be that (in fact, it sounds very much as if) Patterson hasn't committed fully to a decision either way.

It's probably poor (or lazy) wording/classification by Ford. There really should be four categories: IN (i.e., with agent, not coming back), declared but on the fence, undeclared, returning. In that case, the "one foot in the door" group would be the "undeclared" group, and guys like Patterson and Delaney et al would be in the "declared but on the fence" group.

In other words, I think there should probably be a distinction between Patterson and Singler.

EDIT: Or, it may be that Patterson really is gone, based on other posts.

But don't forget Patterson can't do that. He tested the waters last year. So if he declares this year, that is it, he can't come back. I think it is a moot point and he is definitely declaring which puts him gone.

Daniel tosh
04-14-2010, 12:13 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/10555/moore-joins-johnson-in-draft-waters

E'twan Moore has declared for the draft

CDu
04-14-2010, 12:16 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/10555/moore-joins-johnson-in-draft-waters

E'twan Moore has declared for the draft

I have to believe that Moore (if not both Moore and Johnson) will be back at Purdue next year.

NSDukeFan
04-14-2010, 12:44 PM
I have to believe that Moore (if not both Moore and Johnson) will be back at Purdue next year.

No you don't. You can believe whatever you want.;)

CDu
04-14-2010, 12:47 PM
No you don't. You can believe whatever you want.;)

Touche. :)

You're right. Okay, I choose to believe that Moore will be back next year. I'm more willing to believe that Johnson would stay in the draft.

NSDukeFan
04-14-2010, 01:36 PM
Touche. :)

You're right. Okay, I choose to believe that Moore will be back next year. I'm more willing to believe that Johnson would stay in the draft.

haha, I thought you might like that. Back to the topic, Purdue has an awfully interesting couple of weeks coming up as they could be anywhere from preseason #1 to barely top 25 depending on a couple of decisions, I would think.

Duvall
04-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Or maybe Robbie Hummel (though obviously he wasn't going with that injury). Or Gordon Hayward.

Hayward going (http://www.indystar.com/article/20100414/SPORTS0605/100414031/Butler-s-Gordon-Hayward-to-enter-NBA-draft). No agent.

DukieBoy
04-14-2010, 04:16 PM
Hayward going (http://www.indystar.com/article/20100414/SPORTS0605/100414031/Butler-s-Gordon-Hayward-to-enter-NBA-draft). No agent.

Just about to put the same thing. According to Fox news here in Indiana, he's gone, but without an agent

BD80
04-17-2010, 12:09 PM
If you believe him, Greg Monroe has thus far stated he is returning. He's the only potential Top 10 pick left that has not already declared once Udoh announces. People keep assuming he'll change his mind, but that's entirely based on the fact that he'll be picked in the 8-12 range.

Well that charade is over ...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/04/17/AR2010041701379.html

I don't understand the pretense. I guess to enjoy a couple more weeks of school, or to build suspense to enhance his draft status.

Still, that moves Kyle down a spot.

Big Pappa
04-17-2010, 04:16 PM
Greg Monroe declared this morning. More good news for Kyle possibly staying.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2010/news/story?id=5104754

superdave
04-17-2010, 05:07 PM
Greg Monroe declared this morning. More good news for Kyle possibly staying.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2010/news/story?id=5104754

Monroe is getting an agent.

Big Pappa
04-17-2010, 05:31 PM
Just an interesting fact, now that Monroe has declared, every player in Chad Ford's Top 100 for the draft has now declared, except one: Mason Plumlee. Mason is currently ranked 19th on Chad's Big Board for the upcoming draft.

I know that there is no chance that Mason leaves but it is nice to see that others can see his incredible potential. I can easily see Mason on the All-ACC team next year. He actually reminds me a lot of Monroe, the way he can jump out of the gym, hit the mid-range shot, and the way he sees the court. I can't wait to see Coach K unleash him next year.

GODUKEGO
04-19-2010, 07:20 PM
http://feeds.foxsports.com/cbk/story/Early-entries-for-the-2010-NBA-Draft

COYS
04-19-2010, 07:25 PM
Just an interesting fact, now that Monroe has declared, every player in Chad Ford's Top 100 for the draft has now declared, except one: Mason Plumlee. Mason is currently ranked 19th on Chad's Big Board for the upcoming draft.

I know that there is no chance that Mason leaves but it is nice to see that others can see his incredible potential. I can easily see Mason on the All-ACC team next year. He actually reminds me a lot of Monroe, the way he can jump out of the gym, hit the mid-range shot, and the way he sees the court. I can't wait to see Coach K unleash him next year.

I actually think that Mason is a better athlete than Monroe. If Mason can lock down the fundamentals as Monroe has, he probably has a higher ceiling. He's just got to refine his skills.

baby-face dawkins
04-23-2010, 02:39 PM
Alabi goes

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2010/news/story?id=5129776

CDu
04-23-2010, 03:24 PM
I actually think that Mason is a better athlete than Monroe. If Mason can lock down the fundamentals as Monroe has, he probably has a higher ceiling. He's just got to refine his skills.

I agree. Monroe is far from a bad athlete, but he's not as explosive as Mason. Monroe's advantage is that he's a much more polished offensive player. He's better off the dribble, he's a better passer (though Mason is a good passer), and he has a better touch around the basket. Mason is the better leaper. Neither is exceptionally quick, and neither is a terribly good shooter from the perimeter.

That said, it's not easy to develop the skills that Monroe has developed. The fact that Monroe has shown his skills while Mason has yet to do so would explain the difference. But you're right - if Mason's skills emerge, he's a far better prospect due to his advantages athletically.

Big Pappa
04-23-2010, 03:44 PM
Alabi goes

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2010/news/story?id=5129776

This means the first round is pretty much set.

Big Pappa
04-30-2010, 01:58 PM
The NBA has released the early entrant list for the NBA Draft:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5147236

There are 80 kids from American colleges and 23 International players. 2 have already withdrawn back to college while 43 have not hired agents thus preserving their eligibility until the May 8th deadline to withdraw. Keep in mind, these lists do not include any seniors that will be drafter and that there are only 60 total picks in the NBA draft.