PDA

View Full Version : Evan Turner

DoubleDuke Dad
03-22-2010, 10:35 AM
Evan Turner almost had a quadruple double (double double squared?) against GaTech. He had 24 points, 9 rebounds, 9 assists and 9 (!) turnovers.

JohnGalt
03-22-2010, 10:48 AM
Evan Turner almost had a quadruple double (double double squared?) against GaTech. He had 24 points, 9 rebounds, 9 assists and 9 (!) turnovers.

Not the first time...He gets a pass because without him OSU wouldn't even have a quadruple double between the entire rest of the team...

I have to say that when I watch him, I like him. He just seems like a genuinely good guy. There isn't a tremendous amount of showboating or anything around his game, just basketball. Anyone notice anything on the contrary?

Black Mambo
03-22-2010, 01:36 PM
Evan Turner : 2010 Ohio State :: ___________ : 2003 Marquette

Yes, he can be that good in the future.

CDu
03-22-2010, 01:37 PM

Travis Diener? :) Just kidding.

muzikfrk75
03-22-2010, 02:06 PM

I haven't watched a lot of OSU's games this year, but I've heard the D. Wade comparison more than once. And yes, he does seem like a nice guy who has his head on straight.

rsvman
03-22-2010, 02:38 PM

ROFL!

I was thinking the same thing but you beat me to it.

Mal
03-22-2010, 03:37 PM

Ha! And how appropriate is it that the guy making the big threes on this OSU team is named "Diebler"? It does seem like a bunch of guys who really know their roles well, and defer to Turner but don't just stand around and watch him do his thing for 40 minutes, which is a lot like that Marquette team.

I also have a difficult time rooting against Turner. Seems like a really good kid. Makes it tough that he's on Ohio State, as I really want to despise them.

ElSid
03-22-2010, 03:48 PM
OSU has won a lot of squeakers in the past month. Similar to Maryland. Both were "hot" teams that pulled off improbable comebacks or hit big shots late. To me, this could mean they're lucky as much they're good. I think OSU might be the most overrated team in the tournament. Evan Turner is amazing and I consistently root for him to win player of the year...but I think OSU is extremely vulnerable. He seems like a fine young man and the fact that he came back so quickly from BREAKING HIS BACK is incredible to me. Happy for him.

I think Kansas State has looked as good or better than anyone else but you hear almost nothing about them.

Very happy to see Duke turning in a quality team win yesterday despite Scheyer's continued shooting woes. I think there's a low probability that he starts shooting better all of the sudden. This has been going on for a while. However, since our loss to Georgetown, Singler's been shooting almost 50%. So, that's the wonderful thing about depth...and being well coached. With only a couple more wins this season, I think you'd have to say this is one of Coach K's best years.

That_Dude
03-22-2010, 03:53 PM
OSU is overrated, to me. I got them in my FF on my bracket, but the way they've played I see UT knocking them off... but that might just be my SEC bias...

tommy
03-22-2010, 04:55 PM
I haven't watched a lot of OSU's games this year, but I've heard the D. Wade comparison more than once. And yes, he does seem like a nice guy who has his head on straight.

I don't see the comparisons to Wade. Turner doesn't have the physical strength and power that Wade does, and that strength is a defining characteristic of Wade's game, as without it he wouldn't be able to get to the hoop as consistently, and finish when he gets there like he does.

Turner seems like a good a guy with a smooth, all-around game as a SG/SF, a guy who makes teammates better and who can also carry you when need be, and a guy you can root for. The comparison in my mind is to Brandon Roy.

muzikfrk75
03-22-2010, 04:57 PM
I don't see the comparisons to Wade. Turner doesn't have the physical strength and power that Wade does, and that strength is a defining characteristic of Wade's game, as without it he wouldn't be able to get to the hoop as consistently, and finish when he gets there like he does.

Turner seems like a good a guy with a smooth, all-around game as a SG/SF, a guy who makes teammates better and who can also carry you when need be, and a guy you can root for. The comparison in my mind is to Brandon Roy.

I've heard the Brandon Roy comparisons as well. That shot he hit in the Big Ten tourney was pretty awesome.

Cisco
03-22-2010, 06:48 PM
Comparisons, i say that Evan Turner is Nothing like Dwyane Wade. I dont know what you guys have seen, but I am a Miami Heat fan, and Wade/Lebron are on another level (as far as explosiveness) then any other NBA players. Turner doesn't throw down rough dunks, I guess B Roy would be more accurate.

Welcome2DaSlopes
03-22-2010, 06:54 PM
Turner doesn't throw down rough dunks.

When he did his back broke, i would be a little hesitant to throw down as well.

ncexnyc
03-22-2010, 08:10 PM
OSU is overrated, to me. I got them in my FF on my bracket, but the way they've played I see UT knocking them off... but that might just be my SEC bias...

They should have lost to GT. There isn't any sane reason why Hewitt didn't force feed Favors and Lawal all game long and punish OSU on the inside. Instead they had Chumpett and crew jacking 3's.

I guess that is why PH gets so much love on this board.