PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Jon Scheyer on 2,000 career points!

Jumbo
03-21-2010, 07:31 PM
We've been following the countdown all year in this thread (http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18006), but now that Jon Scheyer has reached that mark (on a free throw in the middle of the second half against Cal), I think the congratulatory remarks deserve their own thread. It didn't come easilly today, but it's an incredible accomplishment. And let's hope he keeps getting to play more and more games to build up that total. Well done, Jon!

NSDukeFan
03-21-2010, 07:33 PM
We've been following the countdown all year in this thread (http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18006), but now that Jon Scheyer has reached that mark (on a free throw in the middle of the second half against Cal), I think the congratulatory remarks deserve their own thread. It didn't come easilly today, but it's an incredible accomplishment. And let's hope he keeps getting to play more and more games to build up that total. Well done, Jon!

Congratulations Jon! What a fantastic career at Duke. May you have another 4 games in a Duke uniform.

pacificrounder
03-21-2010, 07:40 PM
Big congrats to Jon. Hope he has a great week of rest and comes back to give the next guy on the list a run for his money.

CLW
03-21-2010, 07:42 PM
Congrats to Jon. Hopefully, he can find his form again next weekend. We are definitely going to need him to get to Indy.

gwwilburn
03-21-2010, 07:45 PM
Nice job. Another one hundred or so would be pretty sweet, wouldn't it?

-bdbd
03-21-2010, 08:21 PM
Congratulations Jon!! Quite an amazing accomplishment. Thank you for all of your hard work and leadership.

For those fretting over his "performance," not to worry. He was being guarded by a solid, speedy defender, and simply had a off night. He/we now have a whole week to get it out of his system. Geez this is a fun Duke team!

:D :D :D :D

EKU1969
03-21-2010, 08:24 PM
Congrats, Jon! Well done!

Dr. Tina
03-21-2010, 08:26 PM
Congratulations, Jon!!! You've accomplished something many Duke players have not, and you're still going!!!!

CDu
03-21-2010, 08:46 PM
Congratulations on a well-earned honor. I'm very happy for him. Here's hoping he gets four more chances to add to his total.

Merlindevildog91
03-21-2010, 08:48 PM
Congratulations to Jon, not only for his scoring, but also for all he's meant to us the last four years.

Cameron
03-21-2010, 08:53 PM
Jooonnnnyyyyyyy!

Amazing feat, Jon. When you do find your shot again big guy (:)), we're going to be freakin' amazing. Because it's one of the silkiest Js I've ever seen.

weezie
03-21-2010, 09:00 PM
Very proud of you Jon, and so happy that your are OUR Devil!!

We love your drive and determination!

Duke84
03-21-2010, 09:08 PM
Congrats to Jon - 2000 is quite an accomplishment. He averaged double figures for 4 of 4 years. My favorite unappreciated Duke alum, Mark Alarie, got 2000 and averaged double figures for 4 years sharing the ball with Johnny D. Just keep adding to our legacy, Jon. Hit some of those open ones you keep getting.

And Hi to weezie.

moonpie23
03-21-2010, 09:09 PM
congrats, Jon.....now off to the gym for some shooting practice :)

AtlDuke72
03-21-2010, 09:10 PM
What a great career! I don't know what it takes to get a retired jersey, but I hope Jon's will be hanging in the rafters next year. Hang it the same night the NCAA championship banner goes up!

Newton_14
03-21-2010, 09:13 PM
Way to go Jon Scheyer! You are the epitome of a Duke player! You have entered a very unique club of Blue Devils with 2000 Points, while also leading your team on a run in the Big Dance. Congratulations!

And you get extra points for having the hot mom as well! (Sorry to Dad Scheyer, just stating the facts!:o)

Bob Green
03-21-2010, 11:12 PM
Congratulations to Jon Scheyer on achieving 2,000 points scored in his career at Duke. I had complete faith in Jon and told everyone he would easily break the mark way back on January 9th. :D

It is starting to appear that Jon Scheyer will easily break the 2,000 point mark. I went back and reviewed the first page of this thread where most posters expressed doubt that Scheyer could get it done. Times have changed. Currently, Scheyer has Big Mo on his side.

Now it is time for Scheyer to focus upon helping Duke beat Purdue and advance to the Elite Eight.

jv001
03-21-2010, 11:20 PM
Way to go Jon. Now cap off your great career with a National Championship. Go Duke!

Welcome2DaSlopes
03-22-2010, 12:48 AM
Congrads Jon

ricks68
03-22-2010, 01:44 AM
Way to go, Jon!!!

ricks

SilkyJ
03-22-2010, 02:00 AM
Because it's one of the silkiest Js I've ever seen.

As an expert in these matters, I agree. :D

Congrats, Jon and here's to hoping the push for G Banks and J Will starts taking shape next weekend!

oldnavy
03-22-2010, 06:33 AM
The announcers in the game brought up an interesting point, that Jon was the first player to ever be a unanimous selection for 1st team All ACC, without ever having been on an All ACC team before. I thing the caveat of course is that he did it as a senior, meaning he had 3 shots at All Conference before achieving the unanimous 1st team selection.
Anyway, great job Jon!

4decadedukie
03-22-2010, 08:49 AM
Congregations to Jon for achieving this seminal milestone; much more important, however, congratulations on being precisely the type of bright, articulate and personable student athlete, human being, and leader that merits great respect. I strongly suspect the best for Jon has not even begun.

davekay1971
03-22-2010, 08:57 AM
Great achievement, Jon. Even more remarkable when one considers that Scheyer's scoring has never been his greatest worth to Duke. He's one of the most complete players in my memory at Duke (standing behind only Grant Hill and Shane Battier in terms of a player who combines ball handling, shooting, smarts, D, rebounding, passing, and understanding of the game, IMHO). The 2,000 points should serve only to draw attention to his complete game, which has always been about much more than scoring.

J_C_Steel
03-22-2010, 02:09 PM
Great accomplishment for a kid who gets the most out of his natural ability.

Four more games!