PDA

View Full Version : Nice article on the Plumlee's

GODUKEGO
03-21-2010, 08:42 AM
In today's Raleigh News & Observer:
http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/03/21/399703/plumlees-a-true-basketball-family.html

houstondukie
03-21-2010, 12:15 PM
In today's Raleigh News & Observer:
http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/03/21/399703/plumlees-a-true-basketball-family.html

Great article.

And a great coaching move by Coach K to substitute both Miles and Mason together off the bench, a move that also allows Duke to start 3 seniors and 2 juniors.

Welcome2DaSlopes
03-21-2010, 12:24 PM
Great article.

And a great coaching move by Coach K to substitute both Miles and Mason together off the bench, a move that also allows Duke to start 3 seniors and 2 juniors.

I've always thought it was best to have zoubs, lance in and mp1, mp2 in at the same time. I never really understand why it wasn't like that early on in the year.

CDu
03-21-2010, 12:29 PM
I've always thought it was best to have zoubs, lance in and mp1, mp2 in at the same time. I never really understand why it wasn't like that early on in the year.

Probably because earlier in the year Miles was playing better than Zoubek. Thus, he got the starts (and more minutes in general). It wasn't until the second half of the season that Zoubek really took off.

Also, earlier in the season, having both Plumlees in the games was a defensive liability, while having both Zoubek and Thomas in the game was an offensive liability. With Zoubek getting much better at avoiding fouls and finding his offensive game and with the Plumlees starting to grasp defensive rotations better, it makes more sense to go with a Plumlee line and a senior line.

Welcome2DaSlopes
03-21-2010, 12:32 PM
Probably because earlier in the year Miles was playing better than Zoubek. Thus, he got the starts (and more minutes in general). It wasn't until the second half of the season that Zoubek really took off.

Also, earlier in the season, having both Plumlees in the games was a defensive liability, while having both Zoubek and Thomas in the game was an offensive liability. With Zoubek getting much better at avoiding fouls and finding his offensive game and with the Plumlees starting to grasp defensive rotations better, it makes more sense to go with a Plumlee line and a senior line.

Understandable, but i always felt like the Plumlees play better together and Zoubs and Lance play better together. Even in when Mason first came back. Just looking at them on the floor they looked more comfortable.