PDA

View Full Version : Please NO Woofing...the Kansas board found out how stupid it can make one look

Kewlswim
03-21-2010, 12:20 AM
Hi,

A couple of hours before Kansas lost some idiot on their Scout board started a woof thread regarding Villanova's demise. It looks like one of the stupidest threads I have ever seen. My Cal "friends" have been baiting me to start woofing about how Duke will do in Sunday's game. I'll let the Devil's play on Sunday speak for itself. I hope you will too.

GO DUKE!

WiJoe
03-21-2010, 12:23 AM
Wise move!

-bdbd
03-21-2010, 12:39 AM
Actually, quite the opposite seems more likely here...
As we seem to have quite the cadre of fretters and doomsdayers.

Woofing just ain't our style in general, unless it involves Kerlina....

;)

uh_no
03-21-2010, 02:03 AM
lol

there was an engineering semiformal, and when kansas lost, even though no one had a tv, everyone started cheering becuase everyone was following it on their phones

CameronCrazy'11
03-21-2010, 02:15 AM
Because no one will make fun of us if we don't make fun of Kansas and lose to Cal?

Kewlswim
03-21-2010, 02:37 AM
Because no one will make fun of us if we don't make fun of Kansas and lose to Cal?

Hi,

Over the years I've seen woofing back-fire more than not.

GO DUKE!

DukeGirl4ever
03-21-2010, 08:15 AM
I absolutely HATE woofing/trash talking. To me there is nothing more stupid than 40 something, unathletic, bald-headed men :D (not meant to offend anyone) trying to trash talk about 20 year old extremely athletic, trained young men losing/winning a game!

You have no control of the outcome so why bother saying anything? Just root for your team! Before I left work on Friday, I had 5 people INCLUDING my assistant principal tell me Duke was going to lose to Louisville and NOVA was going to the Final Four...I'm seriously considering filing a grievance against my asst. principal. :p

slower
03-21-2010, 08:17 AM
I absolutely HATE woofing/trash talking. To me there is nothing more stupid than 40 something, unathletic, bald-headed men :D (not meant to offend anyone) trying to trash talk about 20 year old extremely athletic, trained young men losing/winning a game!

there are quite a few things that are JUST as stupid. But yes, "fandom" does tend to bring out the worst in people.

dukestheheat
03-21-2010, 08:19 AM
Listen, that Cal team is good and we will have a game on our hands today. And the mantra of the Big Dance is and always has been 'survive and advance', so making fun of adversaries is always STUPID!

dth.

BobbyFan
03-21-2010, 08:33 AM
Hi,

A couple of hours before Kansas lost some idiot on their Scout board started a woof thread regarding Villanova's demise. It looks like one of the stupidest threads I have ever seen.

It may look that way to you. But I'm pretty sure the minds of KU fans are just occupied with the brutal loss, regardless of what they posted a few hours earlier.

Cameron
03-21-2010, 08:51 AM
No preening here. I'm off to church now, and will be on my knees during prayer time hoping the Good Lord felt like watching over a basketball game when he woke up this morning (does he ever sleep?) And watching over a game being played by devils, at that.

Today is going to be a rough day. I'm wearing all black, doing anything I can to reverse that bad mojo. Black slacks (pleated), checkered black shirt, black tie, black shoes, black socks.

Let's Go Devils!

weezie
03-21-2010, 09:23 AM
Kind of a Johnny Cash look going there? Except for trhe checkered shirt, of course.:)

-jk
03-21-2010, 09:47 AM
No preening here. I'm off to church now, and will be on my knees during prayer time hoping the Good Lord felt like watching over a basketball game when he woke up this morning (does he ever sleep?) And watching over a game being played by devils, at that.

Today is going to be a rough day. I'm wearing all black, doing anything I can to reverse that bad mojo. Black slacks (pleated), checkered black shirt, black tie, black shoes, black socks.

Let's Go Devils!

Jeff Mullins' grandmother used to pray before each of his games. Not for a victory; she didn't think that was appropriate use of prayer.

Rather, she would say a prayer asking that her boys would be happy after the game.

-jk

rthomas
03-21-2010, 09:57 AM

You have no control of the outcome so why bother saying anything? Just root for your team! Before I left work on Friday, I had 5 people INCLUDING my assistant principal tell me Duke was going to lose to Louisville and NOVA was going to the Final Four...I'm seriously considering filing a grievance against my asst. principal. :p

Excuse me? I'm 50 something!

roywhite
03-21-2010, 10:07 AM
I feel confident Duke will play well and win today.

camion
03-21-2010, 10:27 AM
I am certain that at the end of the day I will be proud of this Duke team.

moonpie23
03-21-2010, 11:01 AM
i read a LOT of the other boards. for the most part, they are nothing like DBR.....

it's very entertaining to go to the other team's board after a duke win and read the in-game thread.....what starts out with all the bravado usually goes something like :

1 - we are gonna kick's duke's butts. They only take 3 point shots.

2 - "what's wrong with________ ? (their player)

3 - " we've got to do better, these guys are SO slow.",

4 - "k bought off the refs"

5 - " is this Skeletor m**f** ever gonna miss a 3? "

6 - "why are we not getting any dunks?"

7 - "we gotta get a new coach

then it's followed invariably by the "duke gets all the calls" thread and another "well, they don't have any lottery picks" and of course, "they will go out in the first round!"

after reading how absolutely stoopid those treads look, i would never post pre-game smack talk...

YourLandlord
03-21-2010, 11:36 AM
we're gonna win by 30.

west_coast_devil
03-21-2010, 12:15 PM
we're gonna win by 30.

Dont you know any better? I hope that was sarcasim because that is just straight up bad juju..........

I expect a hard fought game by both teams. No matter the outcome, I will be proud of this years team. GO DUKE!

YourLandlord
03-21-2010, 12:34 PM
voodoo mama juju

http://media.lehighvalleylive.com/tv_impact/photo/picture-2png-1a1bdced59f26471_medium.png

Welcome2DaSlopes
03-21-2010, 12:45 PM

Sounds like Micheal Jordan

DukeFanSince1990
03-21-2010, 12:47 PM
voodoo mama juju

http://media.lehighvalleylive.com/tv_impact/photo/picture-2png-1a1bdced59f26471_medium.png

ha ha....i do declare!

DukeGirl4ever
03-21-2010, 12:49 PM
Sounds like Micheal Jordan

HA! I think the word unathletic throws that off, though.

Even though he was a Carolina boy, I grew up watching Michael Jordan and loved him. I was young and naive (in middle school) and didn't know anything going on behind the scenes with him, so I will blame it on the youth.

He was one of the few people who I feel could talk trash because he could back it up. I find that today, the people who talk trash are the ones who are lacking some physical ability for their sport. Shut your mouth and let your game speak for itself. :o

west_coast_devil
03-21-2010, 01:13 PM
voodoo mama juju

hahaha......o'man, that was cause for a good laugh.

To keep with the thread.....I grew up is Wisco and I decided to fly back and attend this year's ACC/Big 10 Challenge with some old friends. I made the mistake of trash talking about a 10-20 point blow-out in Khol Center. Shamelessly, I was the one buying drinks the rest of the night. Which included one of the Badger bench players, who we came across on State St.

devildownunder
03-21-2010, 02:28 PM
i read a LOT of the other boards. for the most part, they are nothing like DBR.....

it's very entertaining to go to the other team's board after a duke win and read the in-game thread.....what starts out with all the bravado usually goes something like :

1 - we are gonna kick's duke's butts. They only take 3 point shots.

This is such an enduring myth. I was in an exchange at a pop culture blog with a guy who claimed to have watched Duke all the way back to Laettner's shot against UConn. His description of K and Duke? "Coach K is the crown jewel of college coaching, but let's face, he's a system coach who thrives on players shooting 3's. That's not really great coaching." and "Their game is predicated upon a trio of guards shooting three's and using that to give them space to dribble drive and kick to other 3 pt shooters. Nolan smith can finish and as usual for the past 10 yrs or so, Duke is devoid of powerful athletic big men in the middle."

I've responded with our rebounding and 3pt stats for this year. No response as yet. Reality and facts just really don't matter to some people.