PDA

View Full Version : Duke Fans in Boston

SushiChef
03-20-2010, 10:59 PM
I'm in Boston on vacation and was wondering if there are any recommendations on where to watch tomorrow's game. Are there any Duke friendly bars or pubs that are good for watching the game?

arydolphin
03-21-2010, 01:09 AM
I haven't been to the Duke alumni watch parties this year, but they are usually at Game On, which is a sports bar at the base of Fenway Park. Here's their website: http://gameonboston.com/

Even if there isn't a Duke watch party there tomorrow (and I haven't gotten an email or Facebook message about it), that would be a good place to watch the games.

hq2
03-21-2010, 08:49 AM
There used to be place right off Harvard Square (it's kind of tough to find) that sells Carolina Barbecue where Dukies would gather. I don't know if it's still open. I think it might have been called the Roadhouse, or something like that. Can't remember exactly.

ivydevil
03-21-2010, 10:04 AM
Maybe Redbones? I remember having barbecue there once.

arydolphin
03-21-2010, 11:30 AM
Just got a Facebook message that the Duke alumni club will be at Game On today at 5 PM for the game!

SushiChef
03-23-2010, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the info on where to watch the game in Boston. I was in good company at Game On. It was a great way to watch Duke blow out Cal right after seeing a MD fan crying in the corner from the game before.