PDA

View Full Version : Man of the Match vs. Arkansas-Pine Bluff

Jumbo
03-19-2010, 09:35 PM
Who was the Man of the Match in the NCAA Tournament first-round win over Arkansas-Pine Bluff?

DukieInBrasil
03-19-2010, 09:40 PM
APB really had no answer for Kyle tonight and he was just mega.
Props to LT for putting together one of his better games of the year.
Props to Jon for a sweet shooting night.
Props to the MPs for playing within themselves and making great contributions.
But as this is the MOTM, it has to go to Kyle...

MChambers
03-19-2010, 09:41 PM
Kyle's jumper is pure money right now. Boy, remember two months ago when we were wondering about his offense?

juise
03-19-2010, 09:43 PM
Kyle. It would have been Lance had he finished better around rim, but I LOVED the energy and confidence.

juise
03-19-2010, 09:44 PM
Kyle's jumper is pure money right now.

Don't you mean "all wet" or "drenched" or "rather moist?" :D

Newton_14
03-19-2010, 09:53 PM
I threw a bone to the Senior and voted for Lance. Singler was the man with the double//double, but Lance had his normal great game on defense and press breaking, but also set the tone early and often attacking the basket and getting to the line.

Jon was solid, looked fresh, and shot the ball well. VERY GLAD to see that. I hope that is a sign of good things to come. Nolan as usual started slowly on offense and air balled a finger roll on a head down drive where he missed Jon on the wing. But no worries with Nolan, he finished strong.

Miles, Mason, and Zoubs were all solid and rebounded like mad men. And how about Miles continuing to show the ability to knock down the mid-range jumper? If he keeps that up, it makes him really dangerous as he can pumpfake that, and drive strong to the hoop. I know Mason has more skills but Miles has a lot of promise as well.

And Kelly got minutes and looked poised and comfortable. Just needs to get a little more aggressive on offense and look for his shot.

mgtr
03-19-2010, 09:54 PM
Kyle. It would have been Lance had he finished better around rim, but I LOVED the energy and confidence.

I second the whole statement. But Kyle may actually be getting better game by game. Sort of hard to believe, because he is starting from such a high level. But glad to the effort by LT.

jv001
03-19-2010, 09:56 PM
Good opening game. Solid performances across the board. Got to play the bench extended mins. Kyle with dbl/dbl with good percentage. Jon was solid but not spectacular. 13, 2 assts, 2 tos but shot well. Nolan only 10 pts but had 6 assists with only 1 to. Lance was solid as well and came away with 12. Zoubs really played well. Scored 7 pts, 4 rebs, 2 assts, 1 blk. Miles and Mason came up big. combined 8 pts, 15 rebs, 3 blks. I'm pleased we came out of the game healthly and now will get ready for Cal or Lville. Go Duke!

moonpie23
03-19-2010, 09:58 PM
lance AND miles hitting shots.....offense coming from OTHER than the big three....

KEEP it up

OldPhiKap
03-19-2010, 10:59 PM
It should be K, for establishing Z and LT from the get-go.

I voted for Lance. His attitude and leadership is what will sustain us. Some things aren't measured in stats.

Welcome2DaSlopes
03-19-2010, 11:00 PM
Kyle was an absolute beast this game, Goes to Kyle no doubt

CameronCrazy'11
03-19-2010, 11:31 PM
It's getting repetitive voting for Singler. Miles deserves an honorable mention for a very solid outing.

mgtr
03-20-2010, 09:26 AM
It should be K, for establishing Z and LT from the get-go.

This is an excellent point. Many (most?) on this board were negative on both (at least up to 1/1/2010). Of course, Zoubs has been injured one way or another for most of his Duke career. Lance seemed to have a light turn on this year, and I think the light is still getting brighter. Keep it up, guys.