PDA

View Full Version : Tips for online viewing

gofurman
03-19-2010, 07:47 PM
sure elsewhere but need help quick - where are you all able to watch on the net? can you give me a few options-tks!!!!

mods if you could leave here until i have a few answrs. tks

ivydevil
03-19-2010, 07:48 PM
ncaa.com has all games live, if there are not too many people watching:)

BD80
03-19-2010, 07:49 PM
sure elsewhere but need help quick - where are you all able to watch on the net? can you give me a few options-tks!!!!

mods if you could leave here until i have a few answrs. tks

http://mmod.ncaa.com

gofurman
03-19-2010, 07:52 PM
ncaa.com has all games live, if there are not too many people watching:)

tks =- anywhere else? I can't seem to make it work

BD80
03-19-2010, 07:56 PM
tks =- anywhere else? I can't seem to make it work

Do you have pop ups blocked?

Bob Green
03-19-2010, 07:56 PM
http://mmod.ncaa.com/video/std?gameid=1740774&ttag=mmod10_edit&ts=1269042188&t=62d177696bf4f008dbc52fa5672ad987&w=90

-bdbd
03-20-2010, 02:32 AM
www.cbssports.com They have live stat-tracker of course, but this year added a good-quality video feed of all live games. They also have all of the earlier games recorded, so you can watch at your liesure/convenience. I was just watching the Cal-L'ville game, looking for Round-2 insights. Helpfully, you can also Fast Forward through any parts of those recorded games you don't care for.

moonpie23
03-20-2010, 09:57 AM
try

www.atdhe.net

ikiru36
03-20-2010, 10:30 AM
Was anyone able to get the HQ video to work through the CBS Sports website?

I've been getting the feeds just fine using IE, Chrome and Firefox, but with each I simply get a blank window when I try to switch to the HQ version of the feed. Am I likely missing some codec or plug-in? I have standard broadband and typically have sufficient bandwidth to stream an HD feed.

Glad for technical assistance anyone can provide. Thanks!

Go Duke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Blue Devils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GTHCGTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DukieInKansas
03-20-2010, 11:57 AM
Was anyone able to get the HQ video to work through the CBS Sports website?

I've been getting the feeds just fine using IE, Chrome and Firefox, but with each I simply get a blank window when I try to switch to the HQ version of the feed. Am I likely missing some codec or plug-in? I have standard broadband and typically have sufficient bandwidth to stream an HD feed.

Glad for technical assistance anyone can provide. Thanks!

Go Duke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Blue Devils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GTHCGTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did it prompt you for Microsoft Silverlight? That is what I have gotten when I tried HD but didn't want to download onto the work computer. Didn't have time to try it before last night's game.

camion
03-20-2010, 04:11 PM
I downloaded silverlight, installed it and reran the mmod.ncaa.com link to get back to the the game. I didn't notice any difference. Maybe I already had silverlight.

One thing I did notice is that when commercials are on for one of the games in the mmod.ncaa.com stream all controls were frozen. I couldn't change games, volume or anything else in the window until thecommercial ended and the game resumed. Is that evil, good marketing,... or both?

SupaDave
03-20-2010, 04:25 PM
www.cbssports.com They have live stat-tracker of course, but this year added a good-quality video feed of all live games. They also have all of the earlier games recorded, so you can watch at your liesure/convenience. I was just watching the Cal-L'ville game, looking for Round-2 insights. Helpfully, you can also Fast Forward through any parts of those recorded games you don't care for.

CBS Sports also has a "Boss" button...

ikiru36
03-20-2010, 04:42 PM
Did it prompt you for Microsoft Silverlight? That is what I have gotten when I tried HD but didn't want to download onto the work computer. Didn't have time to try it before last night's game.

Thanks DukieInKansas!! For whatever reason, it was not prompting me to install Silverlight, but I believe that was the problem. Although I have Silverlight installed on some other computers, it turns out it wasn't installed on the computer I was using (the one with HDMI output).

I've installed it on that computer now and the HQ video feed is working just fine. Not certain if I'll get tomorrow's game locally. If not, it'll be great to be able to still see it in high quality streaming video, from my home.

Thanks again!

Go Duke!!!!!! Go Blue Devils!!!!!!!!!! GTHCGTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!