PDA

View Full Version : Heading down to Jacksonville to Press Row

scottdude8
03-19-2010, 12:02 PM
I'm sitting in RDU waiting to board my flight to Charlotte, then to Jacksonville... to cover the first two rounds of the tourney for The Chronicle. As such, I'll try to post here periodically any interesting first-hand observations I have... but I'll be putting a lot of content up on sports.chronicleblogs.com, and I've put up an initial preview of the weekend and tonight's game here (http://sports.chronicleblogs.com/2010/03/19/heading-down-to-jacksonville-initial-thoughts-on-dukes-weekend/).

Just thought I'd let the DBR world know (ie shamelessly self-promote my own journalism). Let me know if there is anything you guys would like hear about while I'm down in Jacksonville, and Lets Go Duke!

-bdbd
03-19-2010, 12:07 PM
I'm sitting in RDU waiting to board my flight to Charlotte, then to Jacksonville... to cover the first two rounds of the tourney for The Chronicle. As such, I'll try to post here periodically any interesting first-hand observations I have... but I'll be putting a lot of content up on sports.chronicleblogs.com, and I've put up an initial preview of the weekend and tonight's game here (http://sports.chronicleblogs.com/2010/03/19/heading-down-to-jacksonville-initial-thoughts-on-dukes-weekend/).

Just thought I'd let the DBR world know (ie shamelessly self-promote my own journalism). Let me know if there is anything you guys would like hear about while I'm down in Jacksonville, and Lets Go Duke!

Very interested to hear about the crowd make-up. Who has the most, loudest fans there? Also, what is the (cheering) direction of the neutral fans? Having lived in Jax long ago, I don't recall them being very focused on a particular school all that much in Jax, though suspect UF and Tebow have brought in a few Gator fans there. Should be pretty neutral I think, though L'ville travels well I hear.

Also, keep an eye out for any FL-based recruits that show up behind the Duke bench, such as one Mr. A. Rivers....

CameronBlue
03-19-2010, 02:04 PM
I'm not sure if we've gotten the "scoop" on why Jon's shooting has been off the last few games though a number of theories have been floating around (bad back, tired legs..). A status report would be nice.

-jk
03-19-2010, 02:12 PM
Very interested to hear about the crowd make-up. Who has the most, loudest fans there? Also, what is the (cheering) direction of the neutral fans? Having lived in Jax long ago, I don't recall them being very focused on a particular school all that much in Jax, though suspect UF and Tebow have brought in a few Gator fans there. Should be pretty neutral I think, though L'ville travels well I hear.

Also, keep an eye out for any FL-based recruits that show up behind the Duke bench, such as one Mr. A. Rivers....

The only thing I see behind the bench is press row. And I don't think we could give him a ticket, anyway.

But if Dad wanted to, imagine he'd have a nice seat.

-jk

scottdude8
03-19-2010, 07:20 PM
Its almost gametime, and I'm on the very corner of press row. Follow my live-blog at The Chronicle's Sports Blog (http://sports.chronicleblogs.com/2010/03/19/live-blog-duke-0-arkansas-pine-bluff-0-2000-1st-half/), and if you have anything specific you'd like me to look for post here or comment on the blog and I'll do my best to help out.

YourLandlord
03-19-2010, 07:29 PM
Still, the environment here is pretty awesome—I was gently pushed aside by Brian Zoubek as the team entered the arena while I was trying to find my seat, and Jim Nantz just walked by and said hello to us lesser media-types.

ohmigodbrianzoubektouchedme:faint:

scottdude8
03-19-2010, 07:30 PM
ohmigodbrianzoubektouchedme:faint:

Haha yourlandlord... if you have read my previous stuff in The Chronicle you would know how close to true that statement is.

scottdude8
03-19-2010, 11:06 PM
I've posted a few interesting quotes on sports.chronicleblogs.com...

scottdude8
03-20-2010, 12:08 AM
Game story: http://dukechronicle.com/article/defense-role-players-drive-duke-rout-1st-round