PDA

View Full Version : General Question re: Tourney & Recruiting

J_C_Steel
03-15-2010, 10:11 AM
How much does NCAA Tournament performance affect recruiting?

I ask because I'm wondering whether a Duke run to the Final Four (or, conversely, early exit in round 2 or the Sweet Sixteen) would impact the decisions of 2011 and 2012 recruits. Further, could Duke's success or failure this March/April factor into the impending decisions of Trey Zeigler, Terrence Ross or any other potential member of the 2010 incoming class?

It seems to me that now would be a good time for Duke to live up to its high seed and (supposedly) favorable draw.

theAlaskanBear
03-15-2010, 10:23 AM
How much does NCAA Tournament performance affect recruiting?

I ask because I'm wondering whether a Duke run to the Final Four (or, conversely, early exit in round 2 or the Sweet Sixteen) would impact the decisions of 2011 and 2012 recruits. Further, could Duke's success or failure this March/April factor into the impending decisions of Trey Zeigler, Terrence Ross or any other potential member of the 2010 incoming class?

It seems to me that now would be a good time for Duke to live up to its high seed and (supposedly) favorable draw.

Certainly it never hurts, but its like asking: what came first, the chicken or the egg? We have great recruits coming in next year. If a final four run convinces Rivers to definitively announce for Duke, then I'm all for it! Personally I think he is already here, players just don't reopen recruiting and then go back to the original school.

airowe
03-15-2010, 10:25 AM
I'm sure it impacts it some, but I think a lo of it has to do with relationships with coaches, players, and outlook on the future. Johnny Dawkins came to Duke with little to no postseason success. It won't impact Ross though, as we are no longer recruiting him.