PDA

View Full Version : MBB: Cinderella Discussion Thread

Troublemaker
03-15-2010, 03:43 AM
Who are the Cinderellas in your brackets? Vote in the poll and then tell us why you believe that team or teams can make a run to the Sweet 16 or Final Four.

Note: The software currently limits polls to 15 options, so I chose the 15 teams most likely to be considered for Cinderella status, i.e. these are fifteen mid-majors with double-digit seeds that do not have to face a 1 or 2 seed in the first round. If you object to this criteria and/or can not find your Cinderella team among the options in the poll, please write-in your vote and tell us all about your Cinderella and how far you have her going in your brackets. Thanks.

Let's help each other pick some upsets!

Bob Green
03-15-2010, 04:23 AM
Cornell gave overall #1 seed Kansas all they could handle back on January 6th. Cornell has beaten teams from the Big East (St. John's) and SEC (Alabama). The Big Red is for real. Temple had better come ready to play.

Kedsy
03-15-2010, 10:51 AM
Almost every year there's a section where the bracket completely breaks down and we see, e.g., a 12 vs. a 13 to get to the Sweet 16. I expect that to happen this year, and I'm thinking either Utah State vs. Siena or UTEP vs. Murray State. Not sure which, though.

BlueintheFace
03-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Cornell and UTEP look poised to make a run IMO. Cornell has the experience and size. UTEP has the talent and athleticism.

ReformedAggie
03-15-2010, 12:17 PM
Cornell for me, but of course, even tho I am "reformed" I have to whisper something about Texas A&M.

J_C_Steel
03-15-2010, 01:30 PM
Siena's made a lot of noise out of low seeds in the past. They just could be playing Duke in a week and a half...

airowe
03-15-2010, 04:03 PM
I've got Houston. Don't count out Tom Penders. Maryland may have shot their wad on Senior Night.