PDA

View Full Version : WBB: Is This the Resume of a 1 Seed?

burnspbesq
03-14-2010, 09:54 PM
This is the Nebraska women's non-conference schedule:

Davidson
UNLV
Idaho St.
Washington St.
Arkansas - Little Rock
St. Mary's
South Dakota
Miami
Creighton
Northern Illinois
LSU
Albany
Vermont

Also note that the Bugeaters' undefeated run through the Big 12 includes six wins against schools with RPI's greater than 100 (two each against K-State, Colorado, and Mizzou).

RealTime RPI.com has Duke at 4 and Nebraska at 5. The real difference is SOS: Duke 6, Nebraska 31.

Not betting the house on Duke being a 1 seed, but the case can definitely be made.

JaMarcus Russell
03-14-2010, 09:57 PM
Is the tournament draw tonight? I'd be interested to see Duke as the 2 seed in Nebraska's regional.

burnspbesq
03-14-2010, 10:01 PM
Is the tournament draw tonight? I'd be interested to see Duke as the 2 seed in Nebraska's regional.

Monday night at 7 Eastern.

SCMatt33
03-14-2010, 10:18 PM
I think the theme for the women is simple. Pray you are as far away from UConn as possible, and be happy with anyone else.

uh_no
03-14-2010, 10:44 PM
I think the theme for the women is simple. Pray you are as far away from UConn as possible, and be happy with anyone else.

uconn is in a little bit of a slump.....

MHTorringjan
03-15-2010, 03:45 PM
While the SOS is probably a bit lower than some other !-seeds, they did beat a LOT of good teams. Texas, Texas A&M (aside from the conference finals) and Oklahoma aren't crackers, and of the non-conference schedule, 6 of those teams are in the top 100, 5 of those in the top 65. They certainly didn't do like Duke or UConn and go and play the entire Top 10 on the season, but they had a decent schedule and they got the job done against that schedule. That being said, while they are deserving of a 1-seed, they will likely be perceived as the weakest of the 1-seeds based on the same strength of schedule.

I wish Duke would get the last 1-seed. They did play against a strong schedule and did pretty well against that strong schedule, but I think that the losses they had against BC and UNC are probably going to drop us to a 2-seed no matter what. Even though BC and UNC are in the top 51 of the RPI, those are games that we shouldn't have lost if we wanted to make a *really* strong case for the 1-seed.

MHTorringjan
03-15-2010, 03:46 PM
uconn is in a little bit of a slump.....

Oh, come on, I seem to remember you saying you were going to be sitting behind the UConn bench at that game. You're just trying to lull us into a false sense of security, aren't you? :rolleyes:

MHTorringjan
03-15-2010, 03:49 PM

Right now, Charlie Creme has us projected in the Memphis regional with Tennessee, which would be a bit of a bum rap, IYAM.

burnspbesq
03-15-2010, 05:38 PM
We'll know in about an hour and 25 minutes.

Welcome2DaSlopes
03-15-2010, 05:58 PM
Hopefully Duke wbb becomes a #1