PDA

View Full Version : Players' Parents

Onlyduke
03-14-2010, 04:29 PM
As a parent, I enjoy the TV shots of the players' parents in the stands .... you can just see how proud and happy they are for their son. Jon Scheyer's parents are always shown. For those of you who go to the games, what other parents of players are in attendance?

DukieInKansas
03-14-2010, 04:49 PM
I don't know the answer to your question, but it was nice to see some other parents get air time today.

Favorite moment - Jon Scheyer's mom saying "That's my boy" when he hit the 3 at the end of the game today. (At least that is what my lip reading skills read.)

slapthefloor12
03-14-2010, 06:25 PM
Zoubek's parents are usually there. LT's mom has been at the tournament, as well, I believe. The Plumlees make it to a few games a year, as do the Singlers (particularly over holiday breaks).

JaMarcus Russell
03-14-2010, 08:17 PM
Gerald Henderson's dad was at a lot of games, and I remember in an interview that Zoubek said his parents came to a lot of his games at Duke, especially if they were on weekends.

I bet Ryan Kelly's parents come fairly often. It's certainly a much easier commute than for the Singlers :D And I bet we will see plenty of Dell and Sonia Curry the next few years.

Mr Blue Devil
03-14-2010, 08:18 PM
Nolan's mom and "stepdad" are always at the home games (at least when I go!)

Ima Facultiwyfe
03-14-2010, 08:26 PM
I worry most about Singler. I've never seen his folks at a game. He must miss them since they are so far away and have his brother's games to get to when they can. He's iron. He's a survivor. He's independent. He's beautiful. But, he's still a kid. I wish his folks could be here to see first hand how spectacular he is. Imagine winning the Everett Case award and not having your parents here to see it. I love this guy.
Love, Ima

Richard Berg
03-14-2010, 08:53 PM
I think Duhon's mom and little brother get the attendance award, though Scheyer's parents probably came close.

Mcluhan
03-14-2010, 09:17 PM
Calvin Hill went to a lot of games.

weezie
03-14-2010, 10:13 PM
I had a nice chat with Nate Jame's mother and father after the uva game a couple of weeks ago. He came in wearing a Lions jacket and I simply had to ask him about it. He said he was a fan and I replied, "That makes two of us!" What a lovely man he is!

Mcluhan
03-14-2010, 10:21 PM
I had a nice chat with Nate Jame's mother and father after the uva game a couple of weeks ago. He came in wearing a Lions jacket and I simply had to ask him about it. He said he was a fan and I replied, "That makes two of us!" What a lovely man he is!

Detroit Lions? You might the only two!

weezie
03-14-2010, 10:27 PM
Detroit Lions? You might the only two!

No, no, blazindw and bd80 are w/me and Nate's dad!

slapthefloor12
03-15-2010, 01:16 AM
Ima, Kyle's parents do come to a few games a year. Obviously, it's one heck of a trip, but I think they make a week or so "vacation" out of it and come watch two or three games (again, usually at the end of holiday break). I know they came for the Carolina game during freshman year (I'm a junior, like Kyle). Plus, his older sister has visited a few times and even stood with the Crazies for a little bit. Good kid and it seems like a good family.

BigZ
03-15-2010, 01:19 AM
I miss Josh McRoberts' mom :D

BigZ
03-15-2010, 01:21 AM
I worry most about Singler. I've never seen his folks at a game. He must miss them since they are so far away and have his brother's games to get to when they can. He's iron. He's a survivor. He's independent. He's beautiful. But, he's still a kid. I wish his folks could be here to see first hand how spectacular he is. Imagine winning the Everett Case award and not having your parents here to see it. I love this guy.
Love, Ima

they showed his parents at the miami game in the acc tournament.

BD80
03-15-2010, 05:10 AM
No, no, blazindw and bd80 are w/me and Nate's dad!

I thought we agreed we wouldn't mention this in public?

BTW, the Lions just picked up QB Shaun Hill from San Fran. NOW we are Super Bowl Bound!

Mr Blue Devil
03-15-2010, 07:20 AM
I also got to see Zoub's girlfriend at the last home game I went to.

Zoub did GOOD!

She's as good looking as Marty's girlfriend was last year!

Hyoster
03-15-2010, 10:57 AM
I miss Josh McRoberts' mom :D

Yeah, she's got it goin' on.