PDA

View Full Version : Al Thornton

dukie8
03-03-2007, 02:26 PM
i think al thornton just wrapped up acc poy today. 45 points in basically an elimination game.

Bob Green
03-03-2007, 02:57 PM
If I had a vote, I would vote for Thornton. He deserves to win!

Bob Green
Yokosuka, Japan

zingit
03-03-2007, 04:38 PM
Yes, and while he and the FSU players celebrated in a somewhat annoying way when they won in Cameron, Thornton is still far less obnoxious than Jared Dudley. I'd rather have Thornton win it.

imagepro
03-03-2007, 05:24 PM
Tyler " I get fouled when I jump into people" Hansbrough"

CDu
03-04-2007, 09:00 AM
singlehandedly. He can do it all: jumpers, drives, post-up, rebound, defend. I think I have a man crush...

That said, it'll be an interesting vote. Dudley had so much cache mid-season for player of the year, that it'll be hard to beat. Also, Thornton's stats don't stand out (phenomenal talent and unreal performance yesterday aside), and his team is 7-9.

While I'd love to see him win it, but I don't think he was a frontrunner for the award. Yesterday's effort definitely put him in the final conversations, though.

DukeFan69
03-04-2007, 07:48 PM
You wanna talk class. Just look at Al Thornton vs. Tyler Hansbrough.

Thornton has scored 45 points (1 shy of the school record) in the Miami game, and he is wide open under the net at the end of the game. He could easily have scored to break the record, but chose to pull it out and end the game with 45.

Do you think Hansblahblah would have done that? No chance in hell!! Hansbrough decides that he is going to pad his stats by dunking on a walkon with 10 seconds left up 12! I'm so glad Henderson came in and made a play "ON THE BALL!!" not on Hansbrough! The suspension is the biggest bull**** call of the year!

Based on that reason alone, Thornton should be the ACC Player of the Year!!