PDA

View Full Version : McClure is Coming to Town

dukeimac
03-12-2010, 03:56 PM
This Sunday and Monday McClure and his Austin Toros are coming to town; Bismarck, ND.

I have several pictures ready for him to autograph along with the 2001 SI Champs hard cover magazine. I have had Dockery, D Jones and Quinn all autograph it. I'll find a page for David.

Unfortunately I did not get J Will's autograph when he was here. He only played one D-League game and it was here. I was not able to get his autograph that night, they wanted the fans to come the next night and get autographs but unfortunately he was injured and did not show the second night. That was his only D-League game.

I enjoy visiting with these guys and we talk a lot about Coach K.

A few years back we had McCray (Maryland) on our team and I got to visit with him multiple nights. He shared his experiences playing against Duke and his impressions of Coach K. He shared his experience in which Coach K "verbally" abused the refs one night. McCray laughed and said many of coaches did that but many folks think Coach K is a saint, we know he isn't, but he thought is was cool to hear him go off. He said that many of players in the Maryland locker room after the game talked about his verbal lashing and they thought it was cool too. Sounded like they gained some respect for Coach K after that.

Coach K is number one and no matter where he is, I'll pull for his team.

BlueintheFace
03-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Just so you guys know, Dave has seen close to NO playing time of late. I went to see a toros game, but he saw the floor for 3 minutes. It was still fun to cheer him on though (in most NBDL arenas he will hear you.... and probably wave).

dukeimac
03-14-2010, 06:57 PM
Well, I got David's autograph and spoke with him. He is a great guy. We talked about Coach K, Coach Q and his D-League experience.

He played 17+ minutes today. Played Like David McClure always played, awesome defense but he had a bad turnover, bad pass. He didn't score but his defense was excellent. No guy he was guarding scored. He was vocal; when he was on the court his team talked. He had them telling when screens were coming and when then should switch. He played like a Dukie.

Dakota won but the UNC fans in the crowd new when the Duke guy was on the court.

One UNC fan gave me a bad time about UNC's title last year and I told him UNC has Duke beat... in coaches crying during press conferences (Brad, Guth and Roy twice). He didn't say a word to me after that.

Another guy made a UNC comment and I told him that I felt it was too bad UNC can't qualify for the NIT; they need to have a WINNING percentage.

The last guy made some comment about UNC's tradition and I asked him if they had a tradition of winning title back to back. No comment from any one of them after that.

If you want, give me a few more. We play Austin tomorrow again and I expect the UNC guys to have some remarks for me.