PDA

View Full Version : MBB: Duke vs. UVa at Noon Friday ET

sagegrouse
03-11-2010, 02:30 PM
OK. Who really thought a Sylven-less Wahoo team would beat the tough Eagles of BC? Not this guy (or bird).

Questions to get started:

1. Can the Hoos bring it a second day in a row? Today must have been a spirited game (although I missed it).

2. Can the Devils shut down the perimeter game for the Hoos? Today they were 8-21, including 5-10 from Zeglinski and 3-5 from Jeff Jones (anyone else have trouble with this "Jones time warp?").

3. Can Duke develop some interior offense to help out Jon, Kyle and Nolan?

Go Duke!!

sagegrouse

NSDukeFan
03-11-2010, 02:49 PM
OK. Who really thought a Sylven-less Wahoo team would beat the tough Eagles of BC? Not this guy (or bird).

Questions to get started:

1. Can the Hoos bring it a second day in a row? Today must have been a spirited game (although I missed it).

2. Can the Devils shut down the perimeter game for the Hoos? Today they were 8-21, including 5-10 from Zeglinski and 3-5 from Jeff Jones (anyone else have trouble with this "Jones time warp?").

Go Duke!!

sagegrouse

I agree I am surprised to see the without-much-talent but well-coached Virginia beat the little bit more talented and well coached BC. I think Virginia is going to have a tough time with a much more talented and well-coached Duke tomorrow. I think even if Virginia does bring it, it shouldn't be enough.

superdave
03-11-2010, 02:50 PM
BC is well-coached?

Bob Green
03-11-2010, 03:16 PM

In the 67-49 win in Charlottesville, our five interior players combined for 13 points and 17 rebounds. I desire to see more scoring from the big guys tomorrow.

juise
03-11-2010, 03:28 PM
In the 67-49 win in Charlottesville, our five interior players combined for 13 points and 17 rebounds. I desire to see more scoring from the big guys tomorrow.

Agreed. Duke will also need to keep Mayonnaise... err, Meyinsse away from the rim. He set a career high (21) against Duke last time out.

GODUKEGO
03-11-2010, 03:38 PM
Is Miami playing that well or is Wake that bad!!!

CrazieDUMB
03-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Obviously nothing is a gimmie, but I think this setup is awesome. UVA, sans-landesburg, playing the day after they already played? I like our odds; is there any other team you'd rather face in the tourney right now?

BD80
03-11-2010, 03:44 PM
... Can the Devils shut down the perimeter game for the Hoos? Today they were 8-21, including ... 3-5 from Jeff Jones (anyone else have trouble with this "Jones time warp?"). ...

Does he drive a DeLorean?

PumpkinFunk
03-11-2010, 04:10 PM
Obviously nothing is a gimmie, but I think this setup is awesome. UVA, sans-landesburg, playing the day after they already played? I like our odds; is there any other team you'd rather face in the tourney right now?

Miami sans Collins. That being said, UVA without Landesburg is on paper an easy matchup. In reality? Who knows. I don't want to speculate right now about it. It looks good, but so did the game @NCSU...

OldPhiKap
03-11-2010, 04:15 PM
is there any other team you'd rather face in the tourney right now?

(trying . . . hard . . . not . . . to . . . say . . . "Heels" . . . .)

superdave
03-11-2010, 04:18 PM
(trying . . . hard . . . not . . . to . . . say . . . "Heels" . . . .)

I'll say it. We only beat unc by 32. I'd like to aim for 40.

RainingThrees
03-11-2010, 04:24 PM
Landesburg is not playing correct? If not than I am not worried about this game. Easy win for Duke and on to the Semis.

WiJoe
03-11-2010, 05:03 PM
Can't say I'm ecstatic about the match up, but a win's a win. Hey, we're just happy to make it to Friday :D

See you tomorrow, Dukies! (by the way, I spelled "Dukies" slightly differently before I previewed my post. Nice touch)

Education is good. Keeps you from ending up with the yokels in chapel hill.

davekay1971
03-11-2010, 05:09 PM
As long as the team isn't feeling as cocky as we are in this thread. Hope we win, and hope we are able to rest some guys...but it's the ACC tournament, and UVa isn't a completely hopeless team like, say, Carolina.

airowe
03-11-2010, 05:17 PM
Landesburg is not playing correct? If not than I am not worried about this game. Easy win for Duke and on to the Semis.

Correct.

BTW, shouldn't sagegrouse start this thread? We've got a good record when the game threads are started by sagegrouse...

gumbomoop
03-11-2010, 05:28 PM
UVa isn't a completely hopeless team like, say, Carolina.

Sure looks as if UVa has a first-rate young coach. He seems steady, solid X/O, well-spoken, and unlikely to refer to himself in the 3d person, and esp unlikely to adopt the moniker, Ol' Tony.

Kedsy
03-11-2010, 05:35 PM

I'm not greedy. I don't mind everyone doing exactly what they did the last time and winning by 18 again.

CDu
03-11-2010, 05:36 PM
Correct.

BTW, shouldn't sagegrouse start this thread? We've got a good record when the game threads are started by sagegrouse...

Eh, I'm guessing our record is about the same in games for which sagegrouse starting the threads as it is games for which he didn't start them. In other words, we've got a good record either way.

CDu
03-11-2010, 05:37 PM
Sure looks as if UVa has a first-rate young coach. He seems steady, solid X/O, well-spoken, and unlikely to refer to himself in the 3d person, and esp unlikely to adopt the moniker, Ol' Tony.

He's already won the NCOY once in his young career, so I'd say the evidence is there that he can coach. UVa now has a good coach. Right now, they're just short on talent.

78Devil
03-11-2010, 05:45 PM
Considering that BOTH Syracuse AND Villanova just went down, we better avoid being too cocky.....

-bdbd
03-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Not that we needed any extra incentive, but Kerlina losing tonight would mean (a) lots more tix available tomorrow, and (b) many fewer "haters" rooting against us tomorrow. Go Yellow Jackets!! Go Tigers!!

sagegrouse
03-11-2010, 06:37 PM
With the victory of the Wahoos over the Eagles from Boston College and the routing by the Hurricanes of the Deacons of Wake Forest, it seems that a "peasant rebellion" is underway. Victories by the Tarheels (is that not a peasant moniker?) and the Wolfpack (positively barbarian) over the Georgians and the Clemsonians will confirm the early warnings.

If I were a Duke, I would take this uprising very seriously. The peasants are on the march!

sagegrouse

CDu
03-11-2010, 06:39 PM
With the victory of the Wahoos over the Eagles from Boston College and the routing by the Hurricanes of the Deacons of Wake Forest, it seems that a "peasant rebellion" is underway. Victories by the Tarheels (is that not a peasant moniker?) and the Wolfpack (positively barbarian) over the Georgians and the Clemsonians will confirm the early warnings.

If I were a Duke, I would take this uprising very seriously. The peasants are on the march!

sagegrouse

Which is why (among other reasons) we should hope that GT quashes the rebellion.

jacone21
03-11-2010, 06:56 PM
sagegrouse

I have a feeling Coach K will use those results along with the Nova and Syracuse losses as motivational examples.

roywhite
03-11-2010, 07:01 PM
Victories by the Tarheels (is that not a peasant moniker?) and the Wolfpack (positively barbarian) over the Georgians and the Clemsonians will confirm the early warnings.

sagegrouse

Those peasants from Chapel Hill couldn't throw a pitchfork straight.

ACCBBallFan
03-11-2010, 08:31 PM
Miami sans Collins. That being said, UVA without Landesburg is on paper an easy matchup. In reality? Who knows. I don't want to speculate right now about it. It looks good, but so did the game @NCSU...You may get to face both of them back to back if Miami puts VA Tech on wrong side of bubble.

Like UVA a couple years ago, Hokies benefitted from very favorable unbalanced ACC Schedule but I think they may still get in even with a loss to Miami, with so many other bubble teams flaming out. 4th in ACC is not too shabby, even with the schedule help.

If not, can hear Seth Greenberg moaning again.

sagegrouse
03-11-2010, 09:45 PM

sagegrouse

The rebellion was in full march. The peasant Tarheels (isn't that a natural modifier?) were in full march and up ten points. But at halftime the UNC staff served whine and cheese to the players, who concluded (a) this was better than basketball and (b) why should we play so hard -- we get paid the same either way. Besides, the NBA is all that counts.

So the peasants went over to the other side, and the Georgia Tech castle was spared. But there is another army in action, the menacing Wolfpack, about to take on the dreaded Clemsonians.

Stay tuned.

sagegrouse

RainingThrees
03-11-2010, 09:49 PM
The rebellion was in full march. The peasant Tarheels (isn't that a natural modifier?) were in full march and up ten points. But at halftime the UNC staff served whine and cheese to the players, who concluded (a) this was better than basketball and (b) why should we play so hard -- we get paid the same either way. Besides, the NBA is all that counts.

So the peasants went over to the other side, and the Georgia Tech castle was spared. But there is another army in action, the menacing Wolfpack, about to take on the dreaded Clemsonians.

Stay tuned.

sagegrouse

Great story. If you could have somehow included a mention about what will now be called the "Massacre at Cameron", that occurred a week ago, it would have been perfect.

BigZ
03-11-2010, 10:10 PM
I want Duke to just cruise through the ACC tourney. I don't want any close games and not many though matchups. Duke needs to use this to get ready for the NCAAs and we just need some easy games for our players to get as much as rest as possible.

moonpie23
03-11-2010, 10:13 PM
i want duke to cruise as well........i also want my lottery ticket to match the numbers called....

mike88
03-12-2010, 12:04 AM
I want Duke to just cruise through the ACC tourney. I don't want any close games and not many though matchups. Duke needs to use this to get ready for the NCAAs and we just need some easy games for our players to get as much as rest as possible.

I don't think we will have any "easy" games, and this weekend is not about rest (unless you are Roy Williams), but about winning a championship. We should beat UVA if we play well, but both VT and Miami have played us tough this year, and I expect VT to be very motivated to try to pay us back. If we are able to reach the finals, I expect a great final game vs Maryland or FSU (but who knows, seeing how many upsets there were on Day One)

homebre
03-12-2010, 10:30 AM
Since I am stuck at work, though might go home, is there any on-line streaming (free) of the game?

COYS
03-12-2010, 10:31 AM
Since I am stuck at work, though might go home, is there any on-line streaming (free) of the game?

www.espn360.com

fisheyes
03-12-2010, 10:41 AM
I haven't tried this yet, but here's the link to the ACC site if you don't get ESPN 360

http://http://www.theacc.com/championships/10-acc-mens-basketball-tournament.html

enick66
03-12-2010, 10:42 AM
I haven't tried this yet, but here's the link to the ACC site if you don't get ESPN 360

http://http://www.theacc.com/championships/10-acc-mens-basketball-tournament.html

If you are in ACC Country, ESPN will be blacked out. Go to http://raycom.swarmcast.net/ for the broadcast online. Sure to be a productive Friday afternoon of work!

mehmattski
03-12-2010, 10:51 AM
I discovered yesterday that raycom doesn't work for me while I'm on Duke's campus. The feed at the ACC website did work, although it is choppy, low resolution, and doesn't have the score on the screen. But, it seems to be the only option for those of us away from a TV on Duke's campus...

tele
03-12-2010, 10:51 AM
For those who can use ESPN360, you can watch more than one game at the same time. Nice if you want to keep track of a couple of conference tourneys and not have to switch all the time. Just open a new schedule page in a new browser tab for each game, then select the event you want to stream and it will pop up in a new popup window. Repeat as needed.

SharkD
03-12-2010, 11:06 AM
Bob Harris et al will be on:

http://www.wsfl.com/streamer/streamer.html

SharkD
03-12-2010, 11:08 AM
I discovered yesterday that raycom doesn't work for me while I'm on Duke's campus. The feed at the ACC website did work, although it is choppy, low resolution, and doesn't have the score on the screen. But, it seems to be the only option for those of us away from a TV on Duke's campus...

Shouldn't www.ESPN360.com work from campus?

For those on-campus who have a valid ahem excuse to visit us, the John Hope Franklin Center will be screening the game in Room 240. Not sure if it'll be in HD, but it is a big screen.

camion
03-12-2010, 11:10 AM

For some reason Raycom didn't work for me either on (Furman) campus. It gave a blackout message. I'm guessing that our ISP for the campus isn't read by Raycom as being in the Raycom viewing area (NC,SC,GA).

mehmattski
03-12-2010, 11:13 AM
Shouldn't www.ESPN360.com work from campus?

For those on-campus who have a valid ahem excuse to visit us, the John Hope Franklin Center will be screening the game in Room 240. Not sure if it'll be in HD, but it is a big screen.

While on campus, ESPN360 gave me a blackout restriction yesterday for the ACC tournament games (it worked for other conference tourneys).

SharkD
03-12-2010, 11:32 AM
While on campus, ESPN360 gave me a blackout restriction yesterday for the ACC tournament games (it worked for other conference tourneys).

http://imgur.com/8hoKw.jpg

Pffft.

OldPhiKap
03-12-2010, 11:41 AM
Bump. Hard to believe that there isn't a thread on the first page about a game that starts in 20 minutes.

pfrduke
03-12-2010, 11:44 AM
Bump. Hard to believe that there isn't a thread on the first page about a game that starts in 20 minutes.

And no posts in it for essentially 12 hours. I hope the players aren't as overconfident as the fans.

Jarhead
03-12-2010, 11:47 AM
Try this link to the ACC site (http://www.theacc.com/championships/10-acc-mens-basketball-tournament.html). It's on right now.

Welcome2DaSlopes
03-12-2010, 11:49 AM
http://imgur.com/8hoKw.jpg

Pffft.

Tha't sucks, so should it be on raycom, or my20 if you have comcast?

noyac
03-12-2010, 11:51 AM
I get nervous before every big game especially the ACC and NCAA tournaments.

dukechem
03-12-2010, 11:57 AM

Stay tuned.

sagegrouse

I couldn't resist. Do you mean "pheasant rebellion?"

Sorry

riverside6
03-12-2010, 11:57 AM
live tempo-based stats for the game here...

http://scacchoops.com/ViewHdGame.asp?hSchedule=6582

starters are posted

NSDukeFan
03-12-2010, 12:00 PM
I should be more nervous than I am, but I think Duke will be well prepared and ready to go after most of the week off. I think Virginia is well coached and will play solid disciplined basketball, but I just don't think they have the talent to pull the upset against a well-coached team with very good talent that plays hard all the time. I am very excited for tournament action to begin and have been reminded by yesterday's action why it is March Madness. Bring it on.

tltgap
03-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Sorry, I only know about DC area COX subscribers, but it will be on channel 20.

TNDukeFan
03-12-2010, 12:03 PM
the Len Elmore Bias Microanalysis Watch is on!!

Welcome2DaSlopes
03-12-2010, 12:03 PM
Duke by 15+

Cockabeau
03-12-2010, 12:04 PM
Why do we ALWAYS get Len ELmore?

CBDUKE
03-12-2010, 12:07 PM
I've got Dan Bonner on Raycom.

CrazieDUMB
03-12-2010, 12:10 PM
What's better than watching Duke?

Watching Duke at work. God I love March.

BigZ
03-12-2010, 12:11 PM
What's better than watching Duke?

Watching Duke at work. God I love March.

This year watching UNC!

mehmattski
03-12-2010, 12:11 PM
theacc.com feed is showing the score this time. video still crummy though. oh well. Go Duke!

homebre
03-12-2010, 12:12 PM
the ACC linked worked. Resolution is poor but it worked, thanks.

arydolphin
03-12-2010, 12:13 PM
Scheyer front-rim on both 3's right now, not a good start.

EDIT: Never mind, I guess he just wanted to get to the corner for 3!

BigZ
03-12-2010, 12:15 PM
There we going. Six days without playing will allow anytime to get rusty especially a 3point team.

CBDUKE
03-12-2010, 12:16 PM
Hope our shooting comes around soon. Defense is certainly there.

BigZ
03-12-2010, 12:19 PM
Nolan maybe the best inside finisher for a guard Duke has had since J-Will.

ndkjr70
03-12-2010, 12:34 PM
Rust, rust, rust. Thank god it looks like Virginia hasn't played in 6 days either.

jacone21
03-12-2010, 12:37 PM
Looks like Nolan tweaked his shoulder on that circus shot. Any comments about him on ESPN or the radio? Nothing yet on Raycom. He was flexing like it was hurting. Still in after the timeout. Good sign.

BigZ
03-12-2010, 12:38 PM
As rusty as Duke is if Z wasn't in foul trouble we would have more points b/c of offensive rebounds.

ndkjr70
03-12-2010, 12:39 PM
Not liking the fact that Virginia is out rebounding us so far. Slight, yeah, but we can't let them get second-chance points.

ndkjr70
03-12-2010, 12:40 PM
Any time Scheyer is 1-7 there's room for concern. Time to heat up a little, Jon.

BigZ
03-12-2010, 12:41 PM
What? Singler didn't even touch that guy.

ndkjr70
03-12-2010, 12:42 PM
Don't know where the ref drew that one up. Eesh was that a bad call.

ndkjr70
03-12-2010, 12:43 PM
Dear Duke,

Don't let a 5-11 ACC team take you to the wire today, please.

Love,
Me.

J_C_Steel
03-12-2010, 12:43 PM
Any time Scheyer is 1-7 there's room for concern. Time to heat up a little, Jon.

He hasn't been shooting very well since rumors of "back trouble" surfaced.

I have NO FAITH in his ability to finish at the rim at this point. When he drives, I'm convinced that he'll miss.

BigZ
03-12-2010, 12:44 PM
Scheyer looks horrible today. Good thing we are playing a tired team that sucks when not tired.

BigZ
03-12-2010, 12:45 PM
He hasn't been shooting very well since rumors of "back trouble" surfaced.

I have NO FAITH in his ability to finish at the rim at this point. When he drives, I'm convinced that he'll miss.

Back Trouble.

Samething happened to JJ before the Tournament in 2006?

Son of Mojo
03-12-2010, 12:47 PM
That 2nd foul on Kyle was bogus. We've got to stop getting the chippy fouls called on us and hit some shots. This team should not be hanging around with us. The longer it persists the more worried I get.

BigZ
03-12-2010, 12:48 PM
Nolan is keeping us in the game. I am so suprised how good Nolan has been this year.

ndkjr70
03-12-2010, 12:48 PM
While it's a little concerning that we're not blowing these boys out of the water, I'll be more worried if this pathetic shooting keeps up. Because if it doesn't, like it shouldn't, we'll be up by double digits a few minutes in to the second half.

J_C_Steel
03-12-2010, 12:49 PM
And Scheyer misses again from right around the basket...

BigZ
03-12-2010, 12:50 PM
I'm really getting tired of Jon's circus shots. He has been doing them the last few weeks and they don't fall.

BigZ
03-12-2010, 12:53 PM
I've always thought Scheyer is a much better PG than Shooter. He has to take a high volume of shots to make a good amount.

pacificrounder
03-12-2010, 12:57 PM
Is anyone else trying to watch on Justin.TV? I am on the channel named "Maryland Hoops" but it is constantly cutting out. It was perfect earlier, but I think about 900 more people joined once the game got going.

Anyone have any suggestions on where else I could stream the game? Thanks in advance and GO DUKE!

Son of Mojo
03-12-2010, 12:58 PM
Ummmm I thought when the ball hit the shot clock it was out of bounds. Then again I thought when someone jumps on another man's back while trying to rebound such a shot that it was a foul.......have to get a sense of focus out there and get this game under control.

IBleedBlue
03-12-2010, 12:59 PM
This is exactly the type of game I want to see before we go to the ncaa tournament. Virginia is playing excruciating defense; the kind of defense we haven't seen all season. This will be a good test for our team to see how they respond in situations like this.

DUKIECB
03-12-2010, 12:59 PM
The good news is...well I can't really think of any. That was one ugly half of basketball. Here's to turning it around in the second half.

Saratoga2
03-12-2010, 01:01 PM
Duke is looking very vulnerable. Lack of energy, like they are not commited to win the game. Scheyer can't hit a shot while our bigs are not doing much. Without Nolan, we would really be in trouble.

roywhite
Ugh.

juise
The good news is...well I can't really think of any. That was one ugly half of basketball. Here's to turning it around in the second half.

The good news is that we have had first halves like this several times this season and, more often than not, have bounced back to take control in the second half.

jv001
Looks like we're just going through the motion on offense. Defense has really been good and keeping us close. Jon looks to be sulking some after misses. Not like him. Hope we come out fired up after halftime because if we don't we could easily lose this game. With our foul trouble we don't want the refs to decide this game. Come on guys. Go Duke!

grossbus
03-12-2010, 01:02 PM
i hate noon games.

K looks ticked, big time.

i'm ticked, big time.

dukelifer
03-12-2010, 01:03 PM
Duke is looking very vulnerable. Lack of energy, like they are not commited to win the game. Scheyer can't hit a shot while our bigs are not doing much. Without Nolan, we would really be in trouble.
Duke has to play 3 games- UVa is looking to play 1. Duke cannot play this as if it was their only game- or they will not win the next game. That said- they will need to pick it up in the second half.

moonpie23
03-12-2010, 01:04 PM
the team looks very laid back,,,,

better get in it to win it.....cause UVA is....

KandG
03-12-2010, 01:04 PM
The second half should be better, but there should have been no surprise why the first half was a struggle once Zoubek had to sit down. Running the offense through the Plumlees in the post is far from a pretty sight. This game is the perfect opportunity to give meaningful minutes to players we'll need in the tournament, but there's also no question that without Zoubs, things are much more of a slog on both ends.

capitolhill
03-12-2010, 01:05 PM
As a MD fan, I'm used to shaky starts. I'm sure you'll see a 2nd half run by the Devils. I'm hoping the Terps are watching this in preparation for tonight, because it's our destiny to play you guys in the championship game.

Go Devils (until they play MD)!

Vincetaylor
03-12-2010, 01:07 PM
This is my concern about our team. Duke always plays highly motivated thanks to Coach K. During the regular season, other teams seem to struggle with motivation at times, which we are able to take advantage of and put together a great record. Going forward, every team we face is going to be highly motivated and a tougher matchup than they would have been during the regular season. Is Duke talented enough to overcome this? The last several seasons, the answer has been "no". Hopefully this year will be different, but I don't like what I see so far in the UVA game.

jipops
03-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Something is definitely going on with Scheyer. Most of his shots are just grazing the front of the rim and his shots on the drive look especially weak.

UVA isn't even playing well but has managed to keep this tied. We didn't look like a good team at all this 1st half.

Dukeface88
03-12-2010, 01:11 PM
We've been a second half team all year - especially away from home. I'm not particularly worried.

jv001
03-12-2010, 01:13 PM
With Nolan and Kyle driving, it looks like they're giving Jon some space. Hope he makes them pay. Go Duke!

DukieInBrasil
03-12-2010, 01:16 PM
it's amazing how even the shooting stats are, both teams have made exactly the same amount of FGs, 3FGs and FTs. The only thing that is saving us so far is that UVA is playing as shabbily as we are. I was totally not expecting for Duke to play such an absolutely heinous offensive 1st half. Hopefully the boys will remember how to play b-ball and open the 2nd half with a huge run....

DukieInBrasil
03-12-2010, 01:20 PM
How is it possible that our D is allowing UVA to all of the sudden be some sort of efficient machine? or vice versa how is it that their D is all of the sudden making our offense look like the weakest in the ACC?
Is it just the upset bug that's sweeping the nation?

Duke4life92
03-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Better step up-not liking look or intensity of our guys right now.

BlueDevilBaby
03-12-2010, 01:23 PM
What's the deal with all the TOs after steals? Are they making bad passes, losing the handle?

CBDUKE
03-12-2010, 01:25 PM
What do you have to do to get a kicked ball call. These officials need to get in the game, as we do too.

wilko
03-12-2010, 01:26 PM
What's the deal with all the TOs after steals? Are they making bad passes, losing the handle?

UVa came to play!!
I think we were expecting them to rollover.

And theres alot of grabbing and clawing going uncalled both ways.

DukeGirl4ever
This game is sad...they're going to want to get it in gear and it will be too late. It looks like they all just woke up!

jv001
Hope we did not catch anything from unc..Our offense certainly looks we did. Stumbling can't hold onto the ball. Go Duke!

mbd1mbd1
03-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Thank you Kyle.

jv001
Kyle tough as nails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigZ
Kyle proving why is clearly Duke's best player. He has been on fire the last month.

jv001
03-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Let's get some stops and put this Cav team away. Go Duke!

Vincetaylor
03-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Scheyer is shooting terribly and passing the ball just as bad. His parents even look worried. Hopefully, this doesn't have to do with his back and is just a one off thing. We won't go far without him playing better though.

AlaskanAssassin
03-12-2010, 01:34 PM
Might I add, certainly not a great performance for the NBA scouts either.

OldSchool
03-12-2010, 01:34 PM
Somehow the Raycom telecast has been preempted by Cavalier Sports Network.

Even after showing the replay in which one can easily read Nolan's lips yelling "time out," the announcers seem fixated on the call.

Jon doesn't seem sharp today. It would be interesting to go back and look at the Duke games with early start times and see if he plays better in late afternoon/early evening games.

BigZ
03-12-2010, 01:35 PM
Good pass by Jon. Lets make some foul shots, we have been shooting bad at the line recently.

Billy Dat
03-12-2010, 01:35 PM
Scheyer behind the head pass! Maybe that will get him going.

I dig the extended minutes for the Plumlees...that will help them.

jdj4duke
03-12-2010, 01:38 PM
Good pass by Jon. Lets make some foul shots, we have been shooting bad at the line recently.

Weren't we something like 24 of 25 Saturday?

jv001
03-12-2010, 01:43 PM
Scheyer is shooting terribly and passing the ball just as bad. His parents even look worried. Hopefully, this doesn't have to do with his back and is just a one off thing. We won't go far without him playing better though.

I just think his confidence is very low right now. Nothing a couple of 3s wouldn't cure. Go Duke!

Son of Mojo
03-12-2010, 01:46 PM
I don't like how this has gone the last few minutes. There was a chance to widen the gap but down to 5 and they have the ball........it's beyond time to step it up!!

Billy Dat
03-12-2010, 01:46 PM
It is amazing that teams don't try to run on us more. It feels like any missed outside shot leads to a 2 on 1 break.

Son of Mojo
03-12-2010, 01:49 PM
KYLE!!!!!

Billy Dat
03-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Even when he's having an off offensive game, Jon needs to look for his shot to keep our balance.

CBDUKE
03-12-2010, 01:53 PM
Jon coming through in the clutch!

superdave
03-12-2010, 01:54 PM
Nice executions of the spread offense the last few times.

I loved Nolan and Kyle's tip ins! We live off the offensive boards.

I am streaming Raycom via CBS from the ACC website. Sucks. I cannot get back into Raycom's actual site and espn360 is blacked out. Who makes the decisions? Raycom- you such for limiting my options!

BigZ
03-12-2010, 01:57 PM
Ohio State just squeeted out a one point win over Michigan so we aren't a number 1 quit yet.

TNDukeFan
03-12-2010, 01:58 PM
Please, PLEASE somebody tell me how they don't call UVA over the back on Kyle and then call ticky-tack stuff this time down?

Billy Dat
03-12-2010, 01:58 PM
This felt like a classic game back after a long lay-off. Hopefully we shook off the rust and will be sharper from the tip tomorrow.

Eternal Outlaw
03-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Survive and advance

OldSchool
03-12-2010, 02:00 PM
Hope Jon gets to bed early tonight. It seemed like he didn't really fully wake up until about 1:30.