PDA

View Full Version : Link for watching ACC tourney at the office?

wva_iron_duke
03-11-2010, 08:22 AM
Usually I skip out of work to watch Duke play a Friday day game in the tournament but can't this time. Is there an Internet link for watching the game while at work?

jjasper0729
03-11-2010, 08:42 AM
i know there's justin.tv but there was one last year that had nothing but sports. It had all the diff. tournaments on it. I'll have to do a search through the boards today to find it

jjasper0729
03-11-2010, 09:38 AM
knew i would find it. www.channelsurfing.net

UrinalCake
03-11-2010, 09:51 AM
http://raycom.swarmcast.net/

Raycom provides an online feed, but only if you live in their viewing area. Here's the policy listed on their website:

Blackout Restrictions
Per Raycom’s contract with our other television partners, we can only distribute our telecasts and live streams to the defined “ACC Territory.” This territory includes the states of ME, VT, NH, MA, RI, MD-DC, VA, NC, SC, GA and FL.

I've used their feed before and the quality is excellent, much better than the other ones mentioned. Also, if you go the channelsurfing route, the game itself is usually listed under individual programs, but there's also an "ESPN live" feed. When the game is carried by ESPN, I've usually found that feed to be a little better quality than the game-specific feed.

UrinalCake
03-11-2010, 09:53 AM
Oh, and GET BACK TO WORK!

Just kidding; I'll be watching too.

MulletMan
03-11-2010, 10:28 AM
Or, if you're outside of the Raycom area, you could just watch the game on ESPN360 and avoid all the spambots, viruses and malware associated with hijack TV sites.

I not sayin'... I'm just sayin'.

CDu
03-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Or, if you're outside of the Raycom area, you could just watch the game on ESPN360 and avoid all the spambots, viruses and malware associated with hijack TV sites.

I not sayin'... I'm just sayin'.

Assuming that your internet provider allows you to get ESPN360 (which is not the case for all internet providers).

UrinalCake
03-11-2010, 10:56 AM
I haven't personally encountered any "spambots, viruses and malware," and I watch a lot of stuff online (no TV). The Raycom site does require you to download some "Autobahn" utility which is kind of a pain, but you could always use a virtual machine to keep your system clean.

The channelsurfing site likes to put up phony chat windows with pictures of attractive girls claiming to be in your area. I find those pretty amusing. Maybe not safe for work though.

DevilAlumna
03-11-2010, 11:10 AM
theacc.com is also claiming it will be streaming the games. I used their site to watch the women's tourney.

wva_iron_duke
03-11-2010, 11:21 AM
Thanks UrinalCake for all the info. I registered at Raycom and downloaded the utilty at my Federal Government Agency protected pc

left_hook_lacey
03-11-2010, 03:02 PM
http://raycom.swarmcast.net/

Raycom provides an online feed, but only if you live in their viewing area. Here's the policy listed on their website:

Blackout Restrictions
Per Raycom’s contract with our other television partners, we can only distribute our telecasts and live streams to the defined “ACC Territory.” This territory includes the states of ME, VT, NH, MA, RI, MD-DC, VA, NC, SC, GA and FL.

I've used their feed before and the quality is excellent, much better than the other ones mentioned. Also, if you go the channelsurfing route, the game itself is usually listed under individual programs, but there's also an "ESPN live" feed. When the game is carried by ESPN, I've usually found that feed to be a little better quality than the game-specific feed.

Bummer man. My IP address seems to be registered in another state because I'm at work in NC and I got that error message. :confused:

CameronBornAndBred
03-11-2010, 03:07 PM
Bummer man. My IP address seems to be registered in another state because I'm at work in NC and I got that error message. :confused:
Ditto here..we have a static IP and I'm hoping that's the issue. I'll know for sure tonight. Either way, it doesn't help me since if I were at home I'd be watching on the tv.:mad:

jjasper0729
03-11-2010, 03:08 PM
i'm on channelsurfing.net since i work in the rtp, but my ip address is out of connecticut (where our data center is). go figure.

but it's working out okay :)

UrinalCake
03-11-2010, 03:11 PM
You can also watch on theacc.com

http://www.theacc.com/championships/10-acc-mens-basketball-tournament.html

There are no blackout restrictions that I'm aware of. This site does not require you to download anything, though I think it requires Silverlight. Quality is pretty poor but hey, it beats working! They also carry the postgame press conferences.

CameronBornAndBred
03-11-2010, 03:12 PM
knew i would find it. www.channelsurfing.net (http://www.channelsurfing.net)
Cool, that one works..it's a bit choppy, but it beats gametracker.

mehmattski
03-11-2010, 03:28 PM
ESPN.360 is blacked out for me on Duke's campus.

Raycom, meanwhile, says I'm "not in the viewing area," despite me being on Duke's campus. Insert snarky comment about Duke being the "NJ of the South..."

However,
theacc.com is working pretty for me, on a Mac. As mentioned, the quality is very poor, and they don't have the score on the screen. So that part is lame, but again it's better than nothing.

snowdenscold
03-11-2010, 03:33 PM

Yeah your works' Internet Gateway may be in an entirely different building or state than where you work.

If I want to get on ESPN 360, I have to disconnect my VPN at home so espn sees me as coming from Cox in Virginia and not some random ISP in RTP.