PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay (last name unnecessary) sues E-Trade

Channing
03-10-2010, 01:19 PM
claiming that the baby commercial during the superbowl infringed on her likeness...

apparently Lindsay is known by her first name only, much like Oprah and Mariah. Also, apparently, the milka-holic baby resembles Lindsay ... ooooookkkkkkkkkkkk

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/lindsay-lohan-suing-e-trade-for-milkaholic-parody/37130?nc

BD80
03-10-2010, 01:38 PM
What comedy writer could have dreamed up this schtick?

Jarhead
03-10-2010, 01:45 PM
I like the ad. What I don't like is this kind of abuse the court system. I trust that the courts will throw the case out. Show me the damages!:D

brevity
03-10-2010, 02:21 PM
apparently Lindsay is known by her first name only, much like Oprah and Mariah.

She's absolutely right. Been that way ever since The Bionic Woman.

Seriously though, this is now the stupidest thing she's ever done. Yep -- dumber than losing the weight, dumber than playing a stripper, dumber than cocaine.

Obviously some lawyer would take the case anyway, but the one that did needs to be thoroughly humiliated and destroyed at a professional and personal level. Make it happen, peers and friends. Because this is now the stupidest thing SHE'S ever done, too.

snowdenscold
03-10-2010, 02:32 PM
I read this and figured she can't possibly expect to win. However, she does a) get her name back in the news and b) make people think of her every time this ad comes up now. Bad pub > no pub, right?

If she and/or her lawyer expect to win, then that's just pathetic. (and if they do win I'll vomit)

For cases like this, I really wish the courts fined people if they throw them out.

Channing
03-10-2010, 02:39 PM
not sure the rules in NY, but if the suit is found frivolous perhaps ETrade can pin their legal fees on her?

hurleyfor3
03-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Last name unnecessary? So which one is it, Vonn, Price or Graham?

BD80
03-10-2010, 03:55 PM
not sure the rules in NY, but if the suit is found frivolous perhaps ETrade can pin their legal fees on her?

I don't think there is such a thing as a frivolous case in New York. The rules may say there can be, but from what I have seen, what the rest of the world considers frivolous, New York considers SOP. I think it is part of the campaign to provide jobs for every lawyer, judge, and judiciary staff member.

More likely, ETrade will gladly pay their lawyers to continue publicize this case and the ETrade advertising campaign. Compared to the cost of the SuperBowl ad, a couple of months of legal fees shouldn't seem too bad. I'll bet there have been more hits for the ad than after the SuperBowl.

If the case didn't make LiLo look like such a clueless idiot, I would guess there was some collusion involved. Did she really file a suit saying that a ditzy, substance abusing, boyfriend stealing baby was likely to make people seeing the ad think of her?

hc5duke
03-10-2010, 06:29 PM

I don't know the last two, but I was thinking Hunter

Indoor66
03-10-2010, 06:57 PM
I see it for a publicity stunt. The young lady has an ego with no bounds.

juise
03-10-2010, 10:19 PM

Bluthe?

BD80
03-10-2010, 11:15 PM
Buckingham?

hc5duke
03-11-2010, 01:11 AM
Bluthe?

You mean Fünke

juise
03-11-2010, 01:38 AM
You mean Fünke

Actually, I meant Bluth (not Bluthe), but yes... technically, Fünke is correct.

I really blue it on that one.

("Blue" in the context of "I'm afraid I just blue myself for no reason," of course.)