PDA

View Full Version : Men's LAX: Duke vs unc

shoutingncu
03-09-2010, 08:53 PM
Wednesday at 7:00 on ESPN U.

What, is there still basketball going on?

CLT Devil
03-09-2010, 10:15 PM
Had a UNC grad who played Lax there call me and ask if I wanted to get together to watch...I had no idea. They are actually ranked above us apparently. How good are we? I saw where we beat the 'US Team' or something, so we must be decent. I might go...if nothing else to get in a few shots at bball...tho he still plays and is a pretty big dude...but he can't wrastle and has no ground game. Anyway...funny that was the first thing he brought up like we have this big showdown, which is true, but it's the beginning of March, and Bball rules yet. Lax is one of the most fun games to watch on TV. Okay...nuff rambling.

4decadedukie
03-10-2010, 11:07 AM
We have a good deal of work to do this season; currently, we have losses to Notre Dame and Maryland (OT), with wins against Penn and Bucknell (OT). As always, the ACC teams (Duke, UNC, Maryland and Virginia) are early, viable final four contenders, as is Hopkins, and as are several Ivy and Big East (now including the Irish) clubs. We started the season ranked #1 (some indicated #2), but have a LONG way to go to return to the pinnacle.

DukieInKansas
03-10-2010, 12:27 PM
I have the DVR set to record the game. Looking forward to catching it when I get home from choir tonight.

Let's Go, Duke!

and a 9F for good measure!

JaMarcus Russell
03-10-2010, 12:31 PM
Hopefully the team (especially the midfield) can pull out of their early season slump against the Heels. It would be nice to get some more points in the Caryle Cup. With a win, we'd only be down a couple of points, with some favorable events coming up as well.

JaMarcus Russell
03-10-2010, 09:29 PM
What is going on with this team? :confused:

13-7 loss to UNC. First loss since 2004.

Devilsfan
03-10-2010, 10:01 PM
Maybe when you take over a talented team things can go good for a couple of years.

YourLandlord
03-10-2010, 10:08 PM
What is going on with this team? :confused:

13-7 loss to UNC. First loss since 2004.
Poor defense and a freshman goalie. 13 goals is unacceptable.

JaMarcus Russell
03-10-2010, 10:40 PM
Maybe when you take over a talented team things can go good for a couple of years.

Last year's team wasn't nearly as impressive on paper as the 2007 or 2008 teams, and I thought that Danowski exceeded everyone's expectations throughout the nation.

They didn't lose much in terms of starters outside of the goalie. I realize Wigrizer is not doing well right now, and he is certainly not in an easy position as a freshman who didn't expect to start. Still, I think the offense looks lifeless and 5th year senior midfielders are playing their worst lacrosse in 3 years.

Very confusing.

shoutingncu
03-11-2010, 01:15 AM
First loss since 2004.

I'm afraid I can't really even call myself a casual fan (I had seen the game was on ESPNU, so I tuned in); and my interest in mostly peripheral, largely because of this board.

That 11 game streak was pretty surprising to hear. I had no idea.

OZZIE4DUKE
03-11-2010, 02:29 AM
Poor defense and a freshman goalie. 13 goals is unacceptable.
I happenned upon the game channel surfing with ~10 minutes left and Duke down 10-6, but up a man on a penalty. We scored, then gave up a quick goal, still down 4 at 11-7. We didn't score on another man advantage and I was surprised at how we kept throwing the ball (?) around the perimeter without really attacking or shooting. carolina had the area in front of the net well clogged, but still. When play got down to the other end, we left the (using a hockey term) slot wide open and carolina had no problem scoring again. Disappointing.

jjasper0729
03-11-2010, 08:43 AM
there were a lot of turnovers on duke's part yesterday as well. careless things (were they channelling larry drew?) that would give up the ball and unc would go down on a break.