PDA

View Full Version : UNC-Let's Move on

Vincetaylor
03-09-2010, 01:35 PM
Their season is basically over for all practical purposes, yet 3 of the top threads right now are all about UNC. I see no reason to talk about them anymore. We are in the most exciting part of the season for DUKE. Let's focus on us going forward. Please. I almost think it would be beneficial for the moderators to start locking all UNC related threads.

Welcome2DaSlopes
03-09-2010, 01:38 PM
Make that four threads about UNC

GODUKEGO
03-09-2010, 01:47 PM
This was on the Heel's forum:
My wife who is a UNC fan observed that this was a weak win for the I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.ies.

Sure, we ruined senior night for them 4 years in a row.

So anyone can see they were pi$$ed enough to win.

Most of their team played together 3-4 years now --

-- opposite of our boys.

Plus we have had and still have major injuries.

Its like beating up on someone who is already on the ground.

Weak win, I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.ies ...

Where do I start, we were up by 30 in the first 16 minutes and the best one, if did not score in the second half, we still win by 3. She was right it was like beating up on them. Beating than beating and then beating until they were out of their misery.

jimsumner
03-09-2010, 01:49 PM
I trust I'm not the only one who sees the irony here.

InSpades
03-09-2010, 01:53 PM

I think you should start another thread talking about the irony of making a thread about having too many threads talking about UNC.

-bdbd
03-09-2010, 02:01 PM
I think you should start another thread talking about the irony of making a thread about having too many threads talking about UNC.

After their season is over Thursday night, does that mean we can finally stop talking about that inconsequential .500 team? Focus, people. Focus....

:p

BD80
03-09-2010, 02:08 PM

That would be the thing ol' roy plugs into the "socket" to get wrinkles out of his golf pants?

IBleedBlue
03-09-2010, 02:30 PM
I am not stopping now and I won't until UNC loses their first NIT game and done for the season. I don't want their issues to heel any time soon. And i sure hope the effect of this tsunami that was this seasoni carries over to next 3 or 4 years.

wilko
03-09-2010, 02:36 PM
And i sure hope the effect of this tsunami that was this season carries over to next 3 or 4 years.

Im with you!
I can enjoy Duke success AND UNC misery. Both are delicious.
I'm just amphibious that that way..

I cant think of a better way to celebrate 100yrs of UNC

BD80
03-09-2010, 02:50 PM
I am not stopping now and I won't until UNC loses their first NIT game and done for the season. I don't want their issues to heel any time soon. And i sure hope the effect of this tsunami that was this seasoni carries over to next 3 or 4 years.

Can we use a melt-down or combustion metaphor instead of tsunami?

The thought of all that baby puke blue flotsam littering the triangle area is quite unappealing.

gep
03-09-2010, 11:06 PM

I also had a very enjoyable time watching the unc game. Very satisfying.

Who's to say the even get a chance to lose their first NIT game. I'm wishfully hoping they lose their first game in the ACCT, and then does not even *make* the NIT:D

OldSchool
03-09-2010, 11:19 PM
I am not stopping now and I won't until UNC loses their first NIT game and done for the season.

I am not stopping until UNC is done for the season and AFTER Ol' Roy has his final melt-down in which he explains to the press that his players are so stupid he has to teach them not to play in traffic.

oldnavy
03-10-2010, 06:59 AM
Their season is basically over for all practical purposes, yet 3 of the top threads right now are all about UNC. I see no reason to talk about them anymore. We are in the most exciting part of the season for DUKE. Let's focus on us going forward. Please. I almost think it would be beneficial for the moderators to start locking all UNC related threads.

Then don't read the threads, much less start a new one...

Why is there a small number of posters who feel the need to say what should and should not be talked about??? There are plenty of threads on the board that I am not interested in reading, take my advice as skip over them, but try to refrain from the attitude that you know what is best for the board please.

airowe
03-10-2010, 08:00 AM
I'm not going to post about unc anymore.

BD80
03-10-2010, 08:09 AM
I'm not going to post about unc anymore.

And I'm not going to post in threads like this, because it just keeps the thread going.

Indoor66
03-10-2010, 08:09 AM
Stopppppppppppppppp this madness! :mad: :mad:

moonpie23
03-10-2010, 08:28 AM
i'm not going to add to this thread either....

does NOT posting about them affect their play?

then i would not....

Aziggazoomba
03-10-2010, 08:40 AM
"Oh, you. You just couldn’t let me go, could you? This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. You are truly incorruptible, aren’t you? Huh? You won’t kill me out of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness. And I won’t kill you because you’re just too much fun. I think you and I are destined to do this forever."

---Heath Ledger's Joker

By the way, congrats on the sweep and for the season generally.

davekay1971
03-10-2010, 11:14 AM
I, for one, will continue to devote some hate (and therefore some attention) to UNC as long as they basketball left to play. They have at least one game left. I hope they get crushed and play with such lifelessness that it prompts Dean Smith to come down out of the stands in frustration and contempt and punch Roy Williams in the nose. If they do, and the NIT says, "No thanks, you suck too much for our illustrious tournament", then I'll laugh long and hard and move UNC into the "completely irrelevant" bin. But as long as they have a game left to play, I have hate left in my heart.

IBleedBlue
03-10-2010, 11:22 AM
The reason I still want them to get an NIT bid and play one game and lose is because then they will have a losing record for the year. Otherwise, they can, for all official purposes, say they went .500 and do not have a losing record.

So, yeah, I want them to lose their first game in ACC tournament. Then get an invite to NIT and lose the first game. End of story.

Then it will go down as a losing season in NCAA record books.

Matches
03-10-2010, 11:30 AM
The reason I still want them to get an NIT bid and play one game and lose is because then they will have a losing record for the year. Otherwise, they can, for all official purposes, say they went .500 and do not have a losing record.

So, yeah, I want them to lose their first game in ACC tournament. Then get an invite to NIT and lose the first game. End of story.

Wouldn't it be funnier if they lost in their first CBI game instead, though?

Aziggazoomba
03-10-2010, 01:11 PM

And we all know how focused certain Duke folks are on what the NCAA record books say. ;)

Duvall
03-10-2010, 01:17 PM
And we all know how focused certain Duke folks are on what the NCAA record books say. ;)

The Big Lie strikes again.

I guess that's why it's inevitable that UNC's miserable failure of a season will be retroactively blamed on a rash of injuries that took place well after it was clear that this team stank mightily. History is written by the people that write history.

Aziggazoomba
03-10-2010, 01:29 PM
The Big Lie strikes again.

I guess that's why it's inevitable that UNC's miserable failure of a season will be retroactively blamed on a rash of injuries that took place well after it was clear that this team stank mightily. History is written by the people that write history.

No halfway credible person is attributing this trainwreck of a season to injuries. Not Roy. Not any reasonable fan (and not even any crazed ones that I've encountered). No media outlets I've read. No one, really. (At least no one who will have a hand in writing history, as you say.)

You are right---the Heels have stunk mightily. End of story. Enjoy it while it lasts.

devils>tarheels
03-10-2010, 05:15 PM
I, for one, will continue to devote some hate (and therefore some attention) to UNC as long as they basketball left to play. They have at least one game left. I hope they get crushed and play with such lifelessness that it prompts Dean Smith to come down out of the stands in frustration and contempt and punch Roy Williams in the nose. If they do, and the NIT says, "No thanks, you suck too much for our illustrious tournament", then I'll laugh long and hard and move UNC into the "completely irrelevant" bin. But as long as they have a game left to play, I have hate left in my heart.

This is my favorite quote I've seen in a long time.
I feel the same way. For me, a UNC loss is almost as sweet as a Duke win, and usually I get to see far fewer UNC losses than Duke wins in a season. I can enjoy Duke's success and bask in UNC's failure at the same time. I could watch that "my team sucks and I have no clue what to do about it" look on Roy's face all year, it never gets old.

WiJoe
03-10-2010, 06:35 PM
As Don Henley said in "Dirty Laundry":

Kick 'em when they're up, kick 'em when they're down
Kick 'em when they're up, kick 'em all around

Forever and ever ...

NovaScotian
03-10-2010, 10:31 PM
i dont plan on getting over this win anytime soon. the best way to live life is to wake up every morning feeling like its the day of the carolina game, and go to bed every night having watched duke beat those suckers by 30. at least, that's the way i've been living for about a week now.

GODUKEGO
03-11-2010, 08:28 AM
A must read article in today's Raleigh News & Observer.

Bo Butler has cheered the UNC Tar Heels at 43 straight ACC men's basketball tournaments, but this year's pitiful team had Butler originally planning to skip the journey to Greensboro.

The seven-minute drive from his home in High Point, NC, seemed like too much of a haul, especially since many expect a one-and-done affair for North Carolina. So in mid-February, Butler placed an ad on a Tar Heel message board and offered his two sets of tournament ticket books for $7.00 for the pair.

Nobody wanted them.

Edit:
http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/03/11/381610/tar-heel-fans-sing-the-blues.html

calltheobvious
03-11-2010, 09:30 AM
Come on, man. This not fair use.

NSDukeFan
03-11-2010, 09:47 AM
i dont plan on getting over this win anytime soon. the best way to live life is to wake up every morning feeling like its the day of the carolina game, and go to bed every night having watched duke beat those suckers by 30. at least, that's the way i've been living for about a week now.

Great post. That looked like one fantastic full-game party at CIS. I think it is worth remembering with fondness, especially in this break between games.

IBleedBlue
03-11-2010, 10:10 AM
I came home almost past midnight after one of my exhausting weekly trips. Luckily, the game was on ESPNU. I watched the entire game before sleeping. It took away all my week long exhaustion and I slept like it was heaven. :)

watzone
03-11-2010, 11:44 AM

At risk for another infraction point here, but it's been awhile. Yuck, yuck! There. Not much added to conversation but it seemed appropriate.

tltgap
03-11-2010, 01:47 PM

Perfect description of my week !!

MChambers
03-11-2010, 02:05 PM
Perfect description of my week !!

Sunday afternoon, two young adults rang my doorbell, campaigning for a candidate for DC City Council. I had a Duke sweatshirt on, and one of them looked at me and said, "You went to Duke? I went to Duke. Nice night last night."

I agreed, and said that Sunday was looking very good too. I've continued to smile all week.

OldPhiKap
03-11-2010, 02:44 PM
I'm going to start a new thread -- would Carolina have made the 96 team field?

Rogue
03-11-2010, 02:55 PM
We all know the old saying " act like you've been here before" refering to the success of Duke basketball.. We won the regular season and are co-champs for those who like to split hairs.. and this is not unusual,, DUKE is in this postion often.. So we don't act like it's our first time.. we are just getting excited a little about the ACC and then the big one , the NCAA's..

Where as,, unc-ch isn't always in 10th place.. hence,, many threads discussing this and how much longer it might last :D

We don't discuss NCSU being in the lower half,, because they have been there often in the past 10 plus years,,

That is the reason , IMHO , that unc-ch has many threads , discussing their fate, and failures.

GOOOOOOOOOO DUKE

BD80
03-11-2010, 03:39 PM
... unc-ch isn't always in 10th place.. hence,, many threads discussing this and how much longer it might last :D

We don't discuss NCSU being in the lower half,, because they have been there often in the past 10 plus years,,

That is the reason , IMHO , that unc-ch has many threads , discussing their fate, and failures. ...

Here's hoping that we get used to unc finishing at .500.

Maybe Thursday at the ACC tourney will become Ol' Roy Day!