PDA

View Full Version : Who Is The Most Disappointing Team And Who Is The Biggest Surprise ?

NYC Duke Fan
03-08-2010, 04:30 AM
Aside from UNC who is far and away the most disappointing team this year, my vote goes to Texas as the most disappointing team, and Syracuse as the biggest surprise, ( Maryland and Kansas State would be my second surprise teams ).

Wasn't Texas at point in the season ranked # 1 ?

Any thoughts?

monkey
03-08-2010, 06:56 AM
Oh come on, I saw the title thread and instantly thought, now there's someone with the good idea of opening a another thread where we get to insult UNC (which is always, always welcome). Then you have to go and ruin it in the text by excepting Carolina.

flyingdutchdevil
03-08-2010, 07:26 AM
IMO, this year, there were a lot more disappointments than surprises. A bunch of teams in the top 25 (and the top 10, no less) were huge disappointments:

-UNC (no explaination necessary)
-Texas (broke down in the last two months. Can you believe they were the top team at one point?)
-Oklahoma (supposed to be good, even without Griffin. Bad chemistry is that important)
-Louisville (minus their last game, have been really disappointing)
-Georgia Tech (Hewitt is the opposite of Gary Williams - great recruiter, terrible coach)
-Illinois (what is Bruce Webber doing?)

Any others?

CDu
03-08-2010, 08:46 AM
IMO, this year, there were a lot more disappointments than surprises. A bunch of teams in the top 25 (and the top 10, no less) were huge disappointments:

-UNC (no explaination necessary)
-Texas (broke down in the last two months. Can you believe they were the top team at one point?)
-Oklahoma (supposed to be good, even without Griffin. Bad chemistry is that important)
-Louisville (minus their last game, have been really disappointing)
-Georgia Tech (Hewitt is the opposite of Gary Williams - great recruiter, terrible coach)
-Illinois (what is Bruce Webber doing?)

Any others?

I'm not sure I'd call Louisville a big disappointment. They were a borderline Top-25 pick in the preseason (having lost their two best players and four of their top six scorers from last year). And they've played like a borderline Top-25 team this year, winning twice against Syracuse and finishing 20-11 and 11-7 in conference.

The same holds for Illinois. They were just an okay team coming in (again - borderline top-25) and just haven't been able to beat the big boys (8 of their losses are to Gonzaga, OSU, MSU, Purdue, Wisconsin, and Missouri).

Same for Georgia Tech, though they have been disappointing.

I'd say Texas and Oklahoma are bigger disappointments by far than either of those three teams. I'd probably put UConn and Mississippi State ahead of those three as well.

GODUKEGO
03-08-2010, 09:14 AM
Aside from UNC who is far and away the most disappointing team this year, my vote goes to Texas as the most disappointing team, and Syracuse as the biggest surprise, ( Maryland and Kansas State would be my second surprise teams ).

Wasn't Texas at point in the season ranked # 1 ?

Any thoughts?

You are right about Texas. 15-0 in week 10 and since 8-8.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings/_/week/10