PDA

View Full Version : Where was 9F?

ikiru36
03-08-2010, 12:54 AM
Made it to the game on Saturday, my first Carowhina game in a while, and had a great time!!!

However... after arriving towards the end of pre-game warm ups, I never heard a significant Go To Hell Carolina Go To Hell chant the entire game. There appeared to be a few attempts to get it going later in the 2nd half, but it never really happened. Just wondering if I either missed a rousing version which took place before I arrived, and/or if some decision was actively made to avoid chanting it during the game?

Simply, as one who had previously attended a fair share of these games over the past 25 years, it stood out in its relative absence. Also, it wasn't until halfway through the second half that the band played the "we are going to win tonight, Carolina go to hell, beat State(ahem)" fight song either.

On the other hand, if avoiding/minimally engaging in either of these wonderful traditions played a role in such a fabulous outcome, I'm not really complaining. Just wondering if anyone else noticed it and, if so, knows if there was a method to the madness.

Go Duke!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Blue Devils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GTHCGTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

allenmurray
03-08-2010, 08:47 AM
I never heard a significant Go To Hell Carolina Go To Hell chant the entire game.

It would have been like chanting for water to become wet.

mehmattski
03-08-2010, 08:53 AM
It would have been like chanting for water to become wet.

Indeed.

Earlier in the day, the Crazies chanted GTHC pretty much nonstop for two hours while ESPN taped Gameday. Plus there were so many other wonderful things to chant. I'm pretty sure "Fight, Blue Devils, Fight" was played pregame more than once. It was so wonderfully alive in Cameron on Saturday night, like the crowd was one breathing, yelling, joyous organism.

striker219
03-08-2010, 09:19 AM
Indeed.

Earlier in the day, the Crazies chanted GTHC pretty much nonstop for two hours while ESPN taped Gameday. Plus there were so many other wonderful things to chant. I'm pretty sure "Fight, Blue Devils, Fight" was played pregame more than once. It was so wonderfully alive in Cameron on Saturday night, like the crowd was one breathing, yelling, joyous organism.

*BLINK*

Re-read post.

Oh, ORGANISM.