PDA

View Full Version : Roshown McLeod Is Looking For Work

dukemsu
03-07-2010, 10:41 PM
per Seth Davis, Tom Crean fired Ro today, effective immediately.

Ouch.

Good luck Ro.

dukemsu

FireOgilvie
03-07-2010, 10:55 PM
I'm sure that we'll hear more about this soon.

Tom Crean had nothing to work with when he came in, and he hasn't done that much to improve the situation. His recruiting classes have been pretty underwhelming, especially 2010.

monkey
03-07-2010, 11:34 PM
if a spot on the coaching staff were to open up would love to have Ro back. Loved his fire/nasty streak

BD80
03-07-2010, 11:41 PM
Seth's Tweet:

IU coach Tom Crean just fired asst Roshown McLeod effective immediately. Must have been pretty bad if he couldn't wait one more week.

ChicagoCrazy84
03-08-2010, 12:08 AM
I agree, it had to have been something bad if you fire an assistant coach that is immediate. Maybe they just weren't getting along? I don't know, we'll hear more about this next week.
With that said, I have got to come clean and say that I am not a fan of Tom Crean. The guy is flat out a nerd and he's annoying. He paces the sideline more than any coach I have ever seen and just seems so high strung. I hope Ro can find a good fit somewhere.

DukieBoy
03-08-2010, 12:18 AM
Here's a link (http://blogs.heraldtimesonline.com/iusp/) to a story they sent IU students.

WiJoe
03-08-2010, 12:21 AM
Roshown probably got tired of being on call 24/7/365.

BD80
03-08-2010, 09:18 AM
Burned? I think it would be more accurate to say he used bomber jets to annihilate them.

So who is left on his list of references?

Crean has stressed character in remaking the Indiana basketball program, and has been operating basically on a zero-tolerance policy with respect to straying from NCAA compliance.

To fire a guy with a week left rather than just let him call it a season early and not renew his contract is sending a message to someone, whether it is to the NCAA or the school president or a recruit's parents or someone else.

This will be interesting. I wish it wasn't happening to a Duke guy.

BlueintheFace
03-08-2010, 11:16 AM
I don't have specifics in terms of actual quotes, but you can look at a number of facts and get the idea:

- RM was brought in to IU, in large part, because of his history in NJ and with St. Anthony's and connections with ATL hawks.

- RM couldn't bring in Dominic Cheek from St. Anthony's

- RM felt he really needed to reel in Kyrie

- K and the staff took issue with some of the things RM said about Duke in the recruitment of Kyrie

- RM lost his second NJ top tier recruit in as many years.

-RM was fired.

-jk
03-08-2010, 11:32 AM
Folks,

There were a lot of rumors posted in this thread. We don't know what happened, only vague board postings here and elsewhere. Recruiting isn't always sweetness and light. Let's not bash former players without more substance, though.

thanks,

-jk