PDA

View Full Version : ACC Tourney

gofurman
03-07-2010, 09:13 PM
can someone post the men's acct bracket here? ESPN doesn't have it up - I think we have the winner of bc/uva

I was trying to see if there is any way we play unc again if they win one or so and i don't want to have to think through all the permutations ..lol

arydolphin
03-07-2010, 09:18 PM
Full bracket is here: http://www.theacc.com/championships/10-acc-mens-basketball-tournament.html

Only way we'd play UNC again is in the championship game. Duke plays the winner of BC-UVA at 12 PM Eastern on Friday.

gofurman
03-07-2010, 09:22 PM
Full bracket is here: http://www.theacc.com/championships/10-acc-mens-basketball-tournament.html

Only way we'd play UNC again is in the championship game. Duke plays the winner of BC-UVA at 12 PM Eastern on Friday.

tk you

Kfanarmy
03-07-2010, 10:17 PM

Only way we'd play UNC again is in the championship game. Duke plays the winner of BC-UVA at 12 PM Eastern on Friday. If Carolina wins game one then Maryland gets to put them out of their misery...still I don't really see them winning the 7-10 matchup, which would leave them at exactly .500 for the season.

cptnflash
03-07-2010, 10:23 PM
If Carolina wins game one then Maryland gets to put them out of their misery...still I don't really see them winning the 7-10 matchup, which would leave them at exactly .500 for the season.

GT really, really needs a win in the 7/10 game. Losing to UNC could very well bump them from the NCAAT. I think they'll get it done and put UNC out of their misery.

GODUKEGO
03-07-2010, 10:57 PM
Teams seating chart:

http://www.theacc.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/acc/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/10seatingchart

VAGentleman05
03-07-2010, 11:04 PM
GT really, really needs a win in the 7/10 game. Losing to UNC could very well bump them from the NCAAT. I think they'll get it done and put UNC out of their misery.

Do you think they're going anyway? I really don't see how you get in at 7-9 in a relatively weak ACC.

hurleyfor3
03-07-2010, 11:32 PM
Do you think they're going anyway? I really don't see how you get in at 7-9 in a relatively weak ACC.

The bubble this year is huge and sucks. You're telling me their resume is any worse than Florida's? Illinois's? Anyone in the Pac 10? Are we supposed to ignore Notre Dame's and UConn's oodles of losses? The rule has generally been that you don't get in by hanging your hat on one big victory, but there's so much muck out there this year that beating us stands out.

I think if GIT gets to Saturday and we don't have too many freak winners of other conference tournaments they're in.

airowe
03-07-2010, 11:38 PM
I'm sticking with my prediction from a few weeks ago of us losing in the Semi-Finals to Wake and getting some rest for a deep run in the NCAAT.

moonpie23
03-08-2010, 12:36 AM
Teams seating chart:

http://www.theacc.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/acc/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/10seatingchart

ummm....why are the duke seats marked in BABY BLUE????????

that's WRONG...

juise
03-08-2010, 01:14 AM
ummm....why are the duke seats marked in BABY BLUE????????

that's WRONG...

It shows up as a darker blue on my computer. Not true Duke blue, but not baby blue either.

Having said that, I am hopeful that the other light blue section will be sad on Thursday night and that Dukies will be there to snatch up the tickets. :)

Cameron
03-08-2010, 01:40 AM
We don't need rest for the NCAAs. We will beat Wake and we will have a shot to play for what the majority of us want. An ACC championship. We haven't won that yet. And I want it.

This isn't Carolina. We aren't taking part in some cocktail social this coming weekend.

Kewlswim
03-08-2010, 02:13 AM
We don't need rest for the NCAAs. We will beat Wake and we will have a shot to play for what the majority of us want. An ACC championship. We haven't won that yet. And I want it.

This isn't Carolina. We aren't taking part in some cocktail social this coming weekend.

Let's GO DUKE!

NYC Duke Fan
03-08-2010, 04:20 AM
I'm sticking with my prediction from a few weeks ago of us losing in the Semi-Finals to Wake and getting some rest for a deep run in the NCAAT.

I see Virginia Tech beating Wake. Tech always plays us tough. Unless Purdue wins the Big 10 Tournament, which I don't see happening, even if Duke loses in the semis, we should get a #1 seed.

Actually, I think that the seedings are already decided before at least the final game. Who knows, the number 1 seeds might already have been decided.

riverside6
03-08-2010, 07:23 AM
For those interested, we're running our annual ACC Tourney Bracket Contest at SCACCHoops.com...

Here are the details (http://www.scacchoops.com/tt_NewsBreaker_External.asp?NB=3357)

flyingdutchdevil
03-08-2010, 07:31 AM

Ummm.....has Coach K ever taken off the ACC Tourney, even if his players need rest? Don't think it's going to happen this time. I think, as usual, we're going to give it our all.

camion
03-08-2010, 07:44 AM
Ya see, K has this habit of, you know, trying to win basketball games. He seems to think that losing isn't OK.

I guess we'll just have to live with that character flaw.

airowe
03-08-2010, 08:10 AM
I think you all have misunderstood me. I never said we would purposely lose. I just have a weird gut feeling that we will lose. I had the same feeling before Maryland (2) and NCSO. I'll be very happy if we win the game.

davekay1971
03-08-2010, 09:11 AM
Duke matches up well with both of the 8/9 teams and with Va Tech and Wake. Of all those teams, Wake is the most likely to give us problems, but they have to bring their best game, which Wake hasn't done in awhile (even against Clemson yesterday). The wildcard in this half of the bracket, to me, is Aminu. If he plays to his potential (again, something he hasn't done in awhile), Wake becomes a much tougher team to beat. If Aminu is a no-show against Va Tech, look for the Hokies to win.

On the other side of the bracket, Maryland will definitely handle either Ga Tech or Carolina. I honestly think Duke took whatever life was left in the 'Holes and killed it. I don't see them getting up for a run in the tournament. Sad as it is to say, I get the feeling the Holes will actually be relieved to see this season end. If they get down to Tech, don't expect a comeback run. That being said, Hewitt definitely has the potential to somehow let his team come out flat...and as we saw against Wake, if the Holes get an early lead or hang around deep into the second half, they can actually start to play with some energy. So I'm not counting out UNC against Tech, but Maryland will beat either team.

The Thursday game that I find most interesting is Clemson/State. State has been playing much better the last 2 weeks, and Clemson wants to lock up a NCAA tournament bid. Clemson will probably win, but it's not a lock, IMHO. Either team could beat FSU on Friday...in that little corner of the bracket both the Thursday and Friday games seem like toss-ups. Would love to see State make a run to Saturday, but I doubt it. In any case, I see Maryland coming out of that side of the bracket.

So, Duke-Maryland on Sunday...rubber match for the Conference Championship? I love it. I actually hope that happens, because it would be an intense game...the two teams who shared the regular season title battling for the Championship. That would almost feel like a Duke-UNC conference championship game...that is, if Carolina didn't SUCK.

MarkD83
03-08-2010, 09:22 AM

I like you cherish ACC championships so I want them to win three in a row this weekend. BTW we did win last years tournament so we are the defending champs.

MarkD83
03-08-2010, 09:28 AM
I see Virginia Tech beating Wake. Tech always plays us tough. Unless Purdue wins the Big 10 Tournament, which I don't see happening, even if Duke loses in the semis, we should get a #1 seed.

Actually, I think that the seedings are already decided before at least the final game. Who knows, the number 1 seeds might already have been decided.

I know this is thread about the ACCT, but my guess is that the NCAA committee already has 90% of the bracket filled in with a series of "if...then.." scenarios. They have to have the brackets to CBS by 4 or 5pm on Sunday so it would make sense for them to spend this week setting up the decision tree so that they can enjoy watching games and finishing the bracket with as little stress as possible.

riverside6
03-08-2010, 10:48 AM
hey guys, I posted about our ACC Tourney Bracket Contest earlier but just wanted to point out that ACCSports.com is now going to reward the winner a 4 month subscription to their site. If you haven't already made your picks, do it...

http://scacchoops.com/tt_NewsBreaker_External.asp?NB=3357

OldPhiKap
03-08-2010, 10:48 AM
Please, Paul Hewett, for once don't screw up!!!

I love that, over at IC, they are debating whether they should take an NIT bid if offered or just end the train wreck and move on to next year. My, how the mighty have fallen.

Tucknut
03-08-2010, 11:08 AM
Anyone happen to know what time Duke will have the court Wednesday at Greensboro for practice?

CarterTheGreat
03-08-2010, 11:38 AM
I am hopeful we get a rematch with Maryland so we can end all controversy and show dem turtles who the real champ is :D! I think without their emotion of senior night, Duke would win and prove who the better team really is:D

GO DUKE!!!!

riverside6
03-08-2010, 11:45 AM
Anyone happen to know what time Duke will have the court Wednesday at Greensboro for practice?

It is announced sometime today, but according to TheACC.com not out yet.

Rudy
03-08-2010, 11:46 AM
Teams seating chart:

Thanks for that. Looks like I'm going to be in the NC State section. For a horrible second when I saw the red color on the chart I thought I would be in Maryland's. Turns out I'm a section or two over--close enough to taunt but far enough to be relatively safe.

Anybody have a clever recipe for turtle soup I could put on a sign? I might be low enough to attract a camera.

cbnaylor
03-08-2010, 11:54 AM
LOL, yeah, I'm going to be in the VT section.....I hate VT!

Terps1993
03-08-2010, 11:55 AM
The Terp fans that go to the ACC tourney are a little more civilized than the student population at Comcast. I hope Gary gets on the PA system and chastise the students about the profanity. Empty the section if you have to. I'm a grad and was there with my little one and was embarrassed and ashamed of my University. I love the 2nd best rivalry with Duke (I know were not your #1 rival) but the atmosphere would be much better without the chants. See you in the finals. Peace:)

Kedsy
03-08-2010, 01:19 PM
The Terp fans that go to the ACC tourney are a little more civilized than the student population at Comcast. I hope Gary gets on the PA system and chastise the students about the profanity. Empty the section if you have to. I'm a grad and was there with my little one and was embarrassed and ashamed of my University. I love the 2nd best rivalry with Duke (I know were not your #1 rival) but the atmosphere would be much better without the chants. See you in the finals. Peace:)

Thanks for stopping by. It's nice to hear from reasonable fans of any stripe.

OldPhiKap
03-08-2010, 01:28 PM

I found this to be true in 2001 when I was in the Md section in Atlanta. And that was a pretty heated game. Everyone was pretty civilized at last year's event as well.

It should be even truer in Greensboro because there are fewer cheap seats -- they predominantly go to the top alums I'd bet. In fact, the worst Md fans may be in the Carolina section since those tickets will be available cheap and early.

Rudy
03-08-2010, 01:29 PM
The Terp fans that go to the ACC tourney are a little more civilized than the student population at Comcast. . . . See you in the finals. Peace:)
True enough. I've been to the last 4 out of 5 and the fans have been spirited yet civilized . . . and knowledgeable. I was unhappy with a few young Md. fans when it was held at MCI (now Verizon) Center in DC five years ago. But that was close to home for them and the expenses and trouble of getting to Greensboro weed out most lunk-heads.

OldPhiKap
03-08-2010, 01:29 PM

Ditto.

CDu
03-08-2010, 01:46 PM
Please, Paul Hewett, for once don't screw up!!!

I love that, over at IC, they are debating whether they should take an NIT bid if offered or just end the train wreck and move on to next year. My, how the mighty have fallen.

They should absolutely take it. The more experience that the young guards can get, the better.

Obviously, their team next year will look very different with Bullock and Barnes replacing Ginyard and others, but the ball will still be in the hands of Drew and Strickland a lot next year, and they need all the help they can get.

Of course, at this rate, they probably don't get offered an NIT bid.

UrinalCake
03-08-2010, 02:03 PM
Neither VT nor Wake should be considered easy wins. An advantage of playing Wake might be that it snaps the Plumlees out of their recent funk since they played so well against them last time. Both Wake and VT were physical games and will take their toll on us heading into sunday (should we win).

GT would be a tough first-round game for Maryland. For some reason I just don't see the Terps making the final, but we'll see...

noyac
03-08-2010, 02:14 PM
I am absolutely amped for the ACC Tourney and the NCAA's. Either Wake or VT will not be easy wins but hopefully our extra rest will bring us home a win and on to a rematch with Maryland. I want to beat them so badly to win another ACC Tournament Championship.

g4orce
03-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Teams seating chart:

Maybe this has been explained somewhere else, but why is the #1 team relegated to the end-zone seats? I would think that the seating pref would be in order of your ranking in the league, but maybe I'm just overthinking this.

I've never paid attention to this before, but since this is my first year being able to go it just caught me a little off-guard. Any thoughts/explanations?

muzikfrk75
03-08-2010, 02:45 PM
The think that Roy has said that unc will take a NIT bid if they are offered one.

It was all good just a year ago. LOL

-jk
03-08-2010, 02:46 PM
Maybe this has been explained somewhere else, but why is the #1 team relegated to the end-zone seats? I would think that the seating pref would be in order of your ranking in the league, but maybe I'm just overthinking this.

I've never paid attention to this before, but since this is my first year being able to go it just caught me a little off-guard. Any thoughts/explanations?

In theory, the ticket locations rotate every year. They don't attempt to place fans based on any sort of ranking.

-jk

hurleyfor3
03-08-2010, 02:52 PM

Those were pretty close to our seats for the last two tournaments in Greensboro, 2004 and 2006.

That side of the coliseum has been where the benches for the "home" (higher-seeded) team has been placed. That will be us for the entire tournament, as it was in '04 and '06. So that's a positive -- our band and cheerleaders will be on that side too, which does not always happen at neutral-site games.

The tickets are allotted in mid-February at the latest. So the conference can't perfectly predict order of finish. However, it's kinda suspicious that our sections have been in roughly the same place for the last three Greensboro tournaments.

Oh well, if you don't like our seats, at least you can find entire books on StubHub for half of face.

Devil in the Blue Dress
03-08-2010, 06:08 PM

Looks like Duke has opted out of this optional practice schedule. http://www.theacc.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/030810aaf.html

cspan37421
03-08-2010, 06:15 PM

Ditto! Spread the good sportsmanship!

cspan37421
03-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Looks like Duke has opted out of this optional practice schedule. http://www.theacc.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/030810aaf.html

That surprises me, given our road record. I'd think they'd want to get re-acquainted with the lines of sight / background to the baskets there etc.

HokieEngineer
03-08-2010, 10:17 PM
I thought (some of) you might appreciate the "dork poll" predictions. Percentages are probabilities of winning in each round.

Win
Qtrs Semis Finals
BC 5.03% 1.93% 0.50%
Clem 38.70% 18.22% 5.17%
Duke 92.63% 80.47% 63.03%
FSU 55.62% 25.85% 7.21%
Ga Tech 21.85% 9.38% 2.11%
Md 71.85% 43.56% 15.25%
Miami 13.53% 1.55% 0.39%
nc 6.30% 1.71% 0.23%
NCSU 5.68% 1.28% 0.16%
Va 2.34% 0.69% 0.13%
Va Tech 60.13% 11.25% 4.43%
Wake 26.34% 4.11% 1.39%

http://tinyurl.com/yhueaah

I was surprised to see what a heavy favorite Duke was--I was (and still am) expecting a great tournament.

Here's hoping that Pomeroy is wrong.

Troublemaker
03-08-2010, 11:20 PM
ACC Tournament Odds (from an online book)

Duke -125
Maryland +250
FSU +650
VaTech +800
Clemson +1200
Wake Forest +1200
Georgia Tech +1500
UNC +1500
BC +2500
Field (any of NCSU, UVA, Miami) +1500

arydolphin
03-08-2010, 11:28 PM
That surprises me, given our road record. I'd think they'd want to get re-acquainted with the lines of sight / background to the baskets there etc.

Does anyone know if Duke has regularly participated in these open practices on the Wednesday before the ACC Tourney in the past? I wouldn't be surprised if the team stayed in Durham all week before taking the bus to Greensboro for Friday's game. Why go to Greensboro on Wednesday for an open practice and then have Thursday off when the team can just stay in Durham for those 2 days?

Troublemaker
03-08-2010, 11:41 PM
ACC Tournament Odds (from an online book)

Duke -125
Maryland +250
FSU +650
VaTech +800
Clemson +1200
Wake Forest +1200
Georgia Tech +1500
UNC +1500
BC +2500
Field (any of NCSU, UVA, Miami) +1500

These odds are horrible bets for every team except maybe for Duke.

The bottom of the bracket is relatively loaded (MD, FSU, Clem, GaTech), so each of their listed odds are especially horrible bets. Maryland is +250 to win the tournament but they could easily lose to GaTech in their first game, for example. And then their next matchup between FSU/Clem would be tough as well. And then they likely have to play Duke for the championship? Maryland's "true odds" of winning the tourney are probably closer to +600.

The top of the bracket is less loaded but every non-Duke team on the topside has to deal with Duke being on their side of the bracket. Therefore, I believe the listed odds for these teams are inflated and pricey as well. VT +800 should really be VT +1200 or so.

-bdbd
03-09-2010, 12:46 AM
I think either GT or UVA would need AT LEAST a couple wins to make the NCAA. UVA likely needs 3 or 4. That said, the ACC, having a down year, may actually get a lot of teams in thyis year - but potentially with only one seeded better than a 6-seed....

sticking with ...us losing in the Semi-Finals to Wake and ...rest for a deep run in the NCAAT.

I never said we would purposely lose. I just have a weird gut feeling that we will lose. I had the same feeling before Maryland (2) and NCSO. I'll be very happy if we win the game.
Sorry Airowee, but I gotta disagree. The combo of K's competitiveness AND THE STRONG SENIOR LEADERSHIP will not allow this team to relax in this tournament. I see us focused and competitive. (And no, if we were to lose, I absolutely could not see K make pathetic excuses a la Roy re "the conference dournament doesn't really matter." He wants to win this thing!

Duke matches up well with both of the 8/9 teams and with Va Tech and Wake. Of all those teams, Wake is the most likely to give us problems, but they have to bring their best game, which Wake hasn't done in awhile (even against Clemson yesterday)...If Aminu is a no-show against Va Tech, look for the Hokies to win.

...Maryland will definitely handle either Ga Tech or Carolina. ...Hewitt definitely has the potential to somehow let his team come out flat...and as we saw against Wake, if the Holes get an early lead or hang around deep into the second half, they can actually start to play with some energy. So I'm not counting out UNC against Tech, but Maryland will beat either team.

The Thursday game that I find most interesting is Clemson/State. State has been playing much better the last 2 weeks, and Clemson wants to lock up a NCAA tournament bid. Clemson will probably win, but it's not a lock, IMHO. Either team could beat FSU on Friday...in that little corner of the bracket both the Thursday and Friday games seem like toss-ups. ...In any case, I see Maryland coming out of that side of the bracket.

So, Duke-Maryland on Sunday...rubber match for the Conference Championship? I love it. That would almost feel like a Duke-UNC conference championship game...that is, if Carolina didn't SUCK.

I see MD likely (though not definitely) wearing down GT on Fri., and Clemson (more motivated than NCSU) in a close one vs FSU. I'll say a motivarted Clemson team in a close one over FSU. MD over FSU, but not easily, again - expect it to be physical (better for us). And Duke gets by Wake. I see Duke handily over MD in that rematch on Sunday. One note, MD has shown an ability to play inconsistently, and their late-season streak masks the fact that they have eeked-out a number of very close games in the last few weeks -- so don't be surprised at all if the lose on Fri. or Sat.

I think the (DU-MD) rematch is what most people expect. It would be terrific. 'think the crowd pulls for Duke or MD in that instance? I suspect slightly for MD (i.e. anti-Duke) but w/ NC@CH gone by Thurs, there'd be fewer "haters" there than normal.

BIG QUESTION: Assuming Duke makes it to Sat., WHO DO WE WANT TO SEE IN THE SEMIS?? Who to root for in the (presumably) 4 vs 5 game -- Wake or VPI? I agree that VPI plays us tougher, but Wake brings more fans to G'boro and greater familliarity. I just dislike the attitude (read "nastiness") Seth and his teams bring against Duke, and so will probably root for Wake in that game.

Just can't wait to get our hands on MD on a NEUTRAL court. If that is indeed the Finals matchup, then I say "WATCH OUT!" We'll be fired up big-time. It'll also be interesting to see who comes in with the ACC POY too...

:eek::rolleyes::):D

CDu
03-09-2010, 08:30 AM
I think either GT or UVA would need AT LEAST a couple wins to make the NCAA. UVA likely needs 3 or 4. That said, the ACC, having a down year, may actually get a lot of teams in thyis year - but potentially with only one seeded better than a 6-seed....

In any other year, I'd agree that GT would need at least two wins in the ACC tourney to get in. But with the bubble field so weak this year, I think they get in with only a single win (provided that the lower-tier conference tourneys don't completely screw things up). UVa, however, has no chance at an at large bid. They're under .500 with an RPI in the 130s and their best win right now is either UAB or GT. And add to that that they will be without their best player the rest of the way, the committee isn't even going to mention them.

As for our seeding chances, I think Maryland will get a 4/5 seed and we'll get a 1/2 seed. Other than that, I agree. It'll be a lot of 6-10 seeds.

gw67
03-09-2010, 08:34 AM
I agree that the ACC is not as strong as it has been in the past but it is a very competitive league and the overall strength of the league is relative. Pomeroy ranks the ACC 1st; Sagarin ranks it 2nd; and the RPI ranks the ACC as the 3rd strongest conference. It appears likely that at least 6 and possibly 7 (if GT wakes up) teams will make the NCAAT because of the weaknesses of the other conferences.

gw67

Wander
03-09-2010, 08:58 AM
Is there a way for UNC and Georgia Tech to both lose? They are two of the three most talented teams in the conference and yet here they are playing in the 7-10 game. Pathetic.

The ACC tournament might be very simple: win it and we get a 1 seed, lose and we get a 2 seed.

Neals384
03-09-2010, 09:55 AM

I thought this myself, and then I realized being in the end zone may be an advantage - it's where fans form the (distracting or calming) backdrop[ for free throws.

Not that great for actually watching the game, tho.

UrinalCake
03-09-2010, 12:17 PM
I'm not a gambler, could someone explain the odds to me? Maryland is +250. Does that mean that if I bet $100 and Maryland wins it all, then I get back $250? This seems to indicate that if the tournament were played ten times, maryland would win it all four times (4 wins x $150 = $600, 6 losses x -$100 = -$600). That seems a bit high, especially compared to the 15% chance that the other oddsmaker gave, which I guess is why Vegas makes money.

What does it mean for Duke to be -125? Was that a typo?

InSpades
03-09-2010, 01:02 PM
I'm not a gambler, could someone explain the odds to me? Maryland is +250. Does that mean that if I bet $100 and Maryland wins it all, then I get back $250? This seems to indicate that if the tournament were played ten times, maryland would win it all four times (4 wins x $150 = $600, 6 losses x -$100 = -$600). That seems a bit high, especially compared to the 15% chance that the other oddsmaker gave, which I guess is why Vegas makes money.

What does it mean for Duke to be -125? Was that a typo?

The positive # means you get that amount plus your original bet back. So you'd get $350 back if Maryland wins (your $100 bet plus $250). The negative means you need to bet that much to win $100 (obviously you get your original bet back).

So if Maryland wins 2/7 of the time you break even betting on them (you win $500 and lose $500). So Maryland is expected to win about 29% of the time (actually less, because the total percentage will add up to more than 100%).

Papa John
03-09-2010, 01:59 PM
I think either GT or UVA would need AT LEAST a couple wins to make the NCAA.

UVA needs to win the tourney to secure the ACC's automatic bid. There is no other avenue in for them. It ain't happening. GaTech, on the other hand, likely only needs to win 1 game.

Sorry Airowee, but I gotta disagree. The combo of K's competitiveness AND THE STRONG SENIOR LEADERSHIP will not allow this team to relax in this tournament. I see us focused and competitive.

Agree, and I like our chances to repeat as ACC champs.

Just can't wait to get our hands on MD on a NEUTRAL court. If that is indeed the Finals matchup, then I say "WATCH OUT!"

I don't think this will happen. GaTech probably needs to win 1 game to punch their ticket to the NCAAs, so they will take a reeling UNC squad. Then they get to face a MD team that they had beaten at Comcast until a ridiculous 3-point rainbow shot with a hand in the face miraculously fell in... I see GaTech getting its revenge on MD, then falling in a physical brawl-game to the winner of FSU/Clemson. On our side, I think we pummel either of BC or UVA, then see us getting by Wake [Greensboro is their backyard, too] to face either FSU or Clemson in the finals, and I think we prevail in that game as the class of the conference.

Rudy
03-09-2010, 06:58 PM
Anybody know NC law on reselling tickets for face value? Is that illegal? Not that it's enforced anyway, but I'm wondering how discreet I need to be for face value transactions.

airowe
03-10-2010, 12:35 AM
Anybody know NC law on reselling tickets for face value? Is that illegal? Not that it's enforced anyway, but I'm wondering how discreet I need to be for face value transactions.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/event-tickets.html#regulations

North Carolina (U.S.)

No more than face value plus $3.00

Good luck getting that though. Some ticket sites are selling for less than half of face value...

moonpie23
03-10-2010, 12:41 AM
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/event-tickets.html#regulations

North Carolina (U.S.)

No more than face value plus $3.00

Good luck getting that though. Some ticket sites are selling for less than half of face value...

unless you're ticket master and by off some law makers....

airowe
03-11-2010, 04:33 PM

What idiot said that?!? He needs to stop posting here.