PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the heel fans?

Devilsfan
03-07-2010, 04:00 PM
Went out for coffee and then to the grocery and it was very strange, All those locals you usually see wearing that juvenile shade of blue were no where to be found.

G man
03-07-2010, 04:05 PM
Last night was great I made sure I called everyone that has been making fun of me over the last few years! I was feeling so good I could not help but buy some tickets for next years CBE classic. I hope all the little girls in their little poop blue shirts stay hiding for a while.

RainingThrees
03-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Went out for coffee and then to the grocery and it was very strange, All those locals you usually see wearing that juvenile shade of blue were no where to be found.

I haven't seen Carolina gear in a long time. However I am finding a lot of Kentucky fans that seem to have magically come out of no where.

WiJoe
03-07-2010, 10:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg&feature=related

DukeGirl4ever
03-07-2010, 10:18 PM
I haven't seen Carolina gear in a long time. However I am finding a lot of Kentucky fans that seem to have magically come out of no where.

Went in to Champs about 2 weeks ago and found an AWESOME Duke sweatshirt..but there was only 1 left, a Small.

However, there was literally 4 piles of Carolina sweatshirts on the same table, every size available with at least 5 per size...:p

Thank goodness they had a Duke one in their system and I could order it!

hurleyfor3
03-07-2010, 11:45 PM
So you're experiencing all the good things about being in North Carolina, except unc fans don't exist.

I want to go to this place when I die.

Duke09
03-08-2010, 12:04 AM
i went to Foster's this afternoon and was surprised people were still wearing Carolina gear. Saw a few hats and T-shirts. I usually wait a few days after a loss, and after that whooping, they should really wait until football season.

OZZIE4DUKE
03-08-2010, 12:09 AM
They're in Hell!

OZZIE4DUKE
03-08-2010, 12:11 AM

They're in Hell!
So obvious, even a caveman would know it! :eek:

moonpie23
03-08-2010, 12:31 AM
until the weather is warmer (prolly after tomorrow) i wear my duke pullover ALWAYS, EVERYWHERE......

i make eye contact with baby blue wearing tarhole fans and hold their gaze...

they hate me....

weezie
03-08-2010, 08:06 AM
The ride back up I-85/95 was especially enjoyable yesterday. Plenty of hole window stickers to breeze past while smiling and waving like the "BLUDEVL" license plate royalty that I am.
I like to be nice to the commoners.:D

dukegirlinsc
03-08-2010, 08:12 AM
While wearing a Duke baseball hat and a Duke t-shirt Sunday running errands, I got some dirty looks.

And I loved those dirty looks.

Son of Mojo
03-08-2010, 08:19 AM
It's a glorious day here at work. I am looking up at the mezzanine though--I don't want to be hit by a leaper.......

Get Your Life Together

OZZIE4DUKE
03-08-2010, 08:38 AM
It's a glorious day here at work. I am looking up at the mezzanine though--I don't want to be hit by a leaper.......

Get Your Life Together
Son of CaptMojo? How come you don't post here? http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/viewforum.php?f=3 The Capt does! :cool:

Avoiding leapers! :eek: Hah! I love it! :D:D

mehmattski
03-08-2010, 08:44 AM
The guy at GameStop pointed at my Duke hat and said "I guess you enjoyed that game last night."

"I was there, man, third row!" I said.

"What did that run you, like $800?" He asked.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "No, I'm a grad student. You know, the students get the best seats at Cameron. What a great game, huh???"

"Nah, not for me, I'm a tarheel fan. Actually I fell asleep about halfway through it..." he trailed off.

"Well, it got pretty ugly," I finished, and said goodbye.

davekay1971
03-08-2010, 08:58 AM
So you're experiencing all the good things about being in North Carolina, except unc fans don't exist.

I want to go to this place when I die.

POTD!!!

Son of Mojo
03-08-2010, 09:23 AM
Son of CaptMojo? How come you don't post here? http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/viewforum.php?f=3 The Capt does! :cool:

Avoiding leapers! :eek: Hah! I love it! :D:D

I am his progeny--surely doing him proud........ok, trying to.........haha. He's told me about the site before but I'm lucky to have the time to post here. I'm the one who told him about this site originally but his posting totals have trumped mine. It sure has been quiet around my workplace today. Lots of hanging heads and sullen looks. I tried motivating people with hand claps (and ask the Capt. about how loud I clap.....) and cheers but it just didn't work. Do I get an A for effort at least? 9F!!!

BlueDevilCorvette!
03-08-2010, 09:40 AM
My neighbors are huge UNC fans and prior to the game Saturday night, they bragged about how so much better UNC was over the course of their previous two games. They were totally full of themselves saying, "Well you know we've won 4 straight at CIS". I told them it won't happen this year PERIOD! Anyway, the next day the only thing they could say was "I knew you were right but I didn't want to believe it". I have yet to find one UNC fan who actually watched the entire game. Everyone has said that they cut the TV off at halftime. This lady usher at my church is a huge UNC fan. As I was walking out the church to my car I yelled out to her, "Hey UNC needs to go to the altar because they need some healing after that butt whipping they got last night"!

Chard
03-08-2010, 10:06 AM
If this season was a movie I'd call it Silence of the Rams.

jv001
03-08-2010, 10:18 AM
I did not see one unc clothing item in Church yesterday. That after Wednesday night's service with all kinds of ugly unc ties, hand bags, etc. They really thought after those two wins everything was right in heel land. In their minds they would win the remaining games on their schedule and go to the NCAA tournament. Boy were they wrong. Now it's back to, wait till next year. I love it. Go Duke!

Philsfan
03-08-2010, 10:48 AM
My church is large and has a number of Carolina fans, including many of the pastors. During the announcements for our late Sunday service, a pastor who is not a sports fan was talking about the new church T-shirts. He then pulls out a Tar Heel shirt and says, "We also have these, 90% off!"

Apparently, he had made the joke during an earlier service. Unbeknownst to him, a Carolina player was in attendance (didn't find out who) and the pastor got a flood of texts telling him to not do that joke for the later serviice. Awesome!

alteran
03-08-2010, 10:56 AM
WHERE HAVE ALL THE TARHEELS GONE
sung to the tune of "Where Have All the Flowers Gone?"
apologies to Pete Seeger and Tao Rodriguez-Seeger

Where have all the tarheels gone?
errant passing
Surely not the pros
Devils plucked them every one
When will they ever learn?

Where have all the heels fans gone?
And their silly car flags
Car stickers, too.
Tarheel clothing discounts,

Where have all the dome folks gone?
Seas of blue seats,
Where have all the dome folks gone?
CBI dreaming,
Where have all the Dome folks gone?
Seems the seats clap louder,

Where has ol Roy Williams gone?
Dreaming of Kansas,
Where has ol Roy Williams gone?
It's not his fault,
Where has ol Roy Williams gone,
Vitale says he's hard workin',
When will he ever learn?
When will he ever learn?

jdj4duke
03-08-2010, 10:57 AM
My church is large and has a number of Carolina fans, including many of the pastors. During the announcements for our late Sunday service, a pastor who is not a sports fan was talking about the new church T-shirts. He then pulls out a Tar Heel shirt and says, "We also have these, 90% off!"

Apparently, he had made the joke during an earlier service. Unbeknownst to him, a Carolina player was in attendance (didn't find out who) and the pastor got a flood of texts telling him to not do that joke for the later serviice. Awesome!

Overall, the Heels, and Heel fans, are the thinnest skinned sissies in the known universe. Not surprising that the tee-shirt joke would be thrown out for the later service.

I have to ask of course if the church was Presbyterian-

Philsfan
03-08-2010, 11:12 AM
Overall, the Heels, and Heel fans, are the thinnest skinned sissies in the known universe. Not surprising that the tee-shirt joke would be thrown out for the later service.

I have to ask of course if the church was Presbyterian-

Actually, the pastor kept the joke in for the later service. He's just that way. And nope, it's more a combination of Baptist/Pentecostal. JJ went there when he was here.

slower
03-08-2010, 11:31 AM
I work for UNC and I CAN'T WAIT for this year's office pool. I'm sure Duke Hate will be at an all-time high, and I'm going to savor every exchange I have with bitter, disconsolate Holes fans. It will be the best $5 I ever spend. :D

jdj4duke
03-08-2010, 11:42 AM
Actually, the pastor kept the joke in for the later service. He's just that way. And nope, it's more a combination of Baptist/Pentecostal. JJ went there when he was here.

This-
http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/03/07/374892/presbyterian-fan-welcome-at-cameron.html