PDA

View Full Version : I missed College GameDay this morning...

RockLobster
03-06-2010, 05:08 PM
Does anyone know where/how I can watch a repeat of the whole show?

I did, however, get to see the hosts pick our game, and Bobby Knight rip Hubert Davis a new one after he picked CH.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4971511&categoryid=2459792

Dr. Tina
03-06-2010, 07:11 PM
I enjoyed it when Coach Knight told Hubert he should get the UNC alumni of the year award for picking UNC to win tonight. Hubert came across as such a homer with his pick.

At the same time, the ESPN Game Day Crew has looked pretty bad today, thus far, with their picks. All of them are 0-2, having picked both Syracuse and Villanova to win their games today. So, here's hoping that the rest of the Game Day crew can make Hubert look the worst by picking Duke to win tonight!

RockLobster
03-06-2010, 07:43 PM
I enjoyed it when Coach Knight told Hubert he should get the UNC alumni of the year award for picking UNC to win tonight. Hubert came across as such a homer with his pick.

At the same time, the ESPN Game Day Crew has looked pretty bad today, thus far, with their picks. All of them are 0-2, having picked both Syracuse and Villanova to win their games today. So, here's hoping that the rest of the Game Day crew can make Hubert look the worst by picking Duke to win tonight!

He really did, and it's not even because he's a UNC grad. It's his track record. He starts laughing EVERY TIME one of his co-anchors says something good about Duke.

Dr. Tina
03-06-2010, 07:51 PM
However, I will say that Hubert surprised me in saying he thought that Scheyer should get some senior award.

DukeSean
03-06-2010, 11:34 PM
I missed GameDay as well. A friend told me they did another special on Speedo Guy. Was it the same one they did before, or something new?

fisheyes
03-06-2010, 11:36 PM
I missed GameDay as well. A friend told me they did another special on Speedo Guy. Was it the same one they did before, or something new?

Same spot. Their budgets must have been cut this year!

Dr. Tina
It was the same Speedy Guy segment as before. Also, it's so good to see Duke make Hubert Davis look like a complete idiot for choosing UNC!

JBDuke

Just a repeat of the Speedo Guy feature. Good to see again, but nothing new.

ArtVandelay
03-06-2010, 11:42 PM
Did anyone else notice how bizarre their halftime segment was? Trading hats and just laughing uncontrollably and not really saying anything. I think the wet bar in the ESPN trailer must have been well stocked. Although maybe they were just really bored after a long day and not much to say about the game...

DukeSean
03-06-2010, 11:46 PM
Did anyone else notice how bizarre their halftime segment was? Trading hats and just laughing uncontrollably and not really saying anything. I think the wet bar in the ESPN trailer must have been well stocked. Although maybe they were just really bored after a long day and not much to say about the game...

And did you also notice Digger saying we beat MD? and then Reece Davis needing to correct it? Geez...

Olympic Fan
03-07-2010, 12:20 PM
I have to say, I don't have nearly as much problem with Hubert's homerism as I do with Digger's ...

Jeez, with Digger every discussion, no matter the subject, returns to Notre Dame. Even yesterday, when they're talking about the national player of the year, the other guys are talking about Scheyer, Evan Turner, Vasquez and even John Wall.

Digger starts plugging for Luke Harangody.

Now, I know he's a nice player, but do you think the fact that Notre Dame made its NCAA tournament run AFTER he got hurt says anything? Okay, there may be other factors, but I don't think it puts you in the POY debate when your team is NIT bound with you and NCAA bound without you.

weezie
03-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Several friends called to report having seen hubby and me on the pre-game segment outside Cameron :D

rthomas
03-07-2010, 03:34 PM
I think it would be weird if Hubert had not picked UNC. It is The Duke UNC game.