PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Tournament on the Internet

JG Nothing
03-06-2010, 12:04 AM
For the past couple years, I registered at some network or NCAA website to watch free webcasts of all the NCAA tourney games in real time. Does anyone know anything about this service? I would like to get registered again, but forgot how to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

moonpie23
03-06-2010, 12:30 AM
i think it's going to be interesting what sites like ATDHE.NET are going to provide...they've basicallyl said, "we're gonna show whatever we wanna show and you can just try and shut us down"...

JG Nothing
03-06-2010, 01:34 AM
For the past couple years, I registered at some network or NCAA website to watch free webcasts of all the NCAA tourney games in real time. Does anyone know anything about this service? I would like to get registered again, but forgot how to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Okay, I think the service was the NCAA's March Madness on Demand.
http://mmod.ncaa.com/
Apparently, registration is n o longer necessary.

kmspeaks
03-06-2010, 09:21 AM
If I remember correctly in the past there has sometimes been a waiting room area for the MMOD service. I don't know all the technical terms but I guess they had a huge demand for the service and could not stream to that many people at one time. I would suggest accessing the service about 10-15 minutes before game time to make sure you don't miss tip-off, especially for 1st and 2nd round games.

JG Nothing
03-06-2010, 10:10 AM
If I remember correctly in the past there has sometimes been a waiting room area for the MMOD service. I don't know all the technical terms but I guess they had a huge demand for the service and could not stream to that many people at one time. I would suggest accessing the service about 10-15 minutes before game time to make sure you don't miss tip-off, especially for 1st and 2nd round games.

I think you are correct. However, I seem to remember being able to register for a password in advance to avoid or bypass the "waiting room." Does that sound familiar?

CDu
03-06-2010, 10:17 AM
I think you are correct. However, I seem to remember being able to register for a password in advance to avoid or bypass the "waiting room." Does that sound familiar?

Yes, there used to be "VIP" access. That went away last year, I believe. I think they've addressed the bandwidth issues that made it take so long to log in their first year or two.

jjasper0729
03-19-2010, 01:20 PM
so i'm trying to watch this today (friday) for the 2nd day of first round games and all they are showing are video streams of yesterday's games... I must be on fumes today because I can't find anywhere on this site (mmod.ncaa.com) to get the live feeds

BD80
03-19-2010, 01:35 PM
so i'm trying to watch this today (friday) for the 2nd day of first round games and all they are showing are video streams of yesterday's games... I must be on fumes today because I can't find anywhere on this site (mmod.ncaa.com) to get the live feeds

Go to cbssportsline.com, click on the "live" tournament bracket link (panel on right) and when the bracket comes up, choose "watch live" for your game (game will appear in pop-up, you may need to disable blocker or allow pop up)

91_92_01_10_15
03-19-2010, 01:40 PM
http://mmod.ncaa.com/video

JonnyWonder
03-19-2010, 01:53 PM
In case anyone has an iphone, I downloaded the NCAA march madness app for $10. You get all the games streaming (plus alerts, highlights, etc), and unlike last year, you don't have to be on wifi to watch the games - it works on EDGE and 3G networks as well!

So far I'm thrilled with it - my work computer is unable to view games through the website, but anytime there is a close game, I can bring up the last few minutes on my phone. Quality is excellent over 3G. Another option for those on the go.