PDA

View Full Version : A plea to fans

Lord Ash
05-15-2007, 07:38 AM
Hey all,

Just a quick plea; if PP does decide to go elsewhere, can we avoid turning this place into a whiney, angry, full of denial place like Inside Carolina when they miss out on a recruit?

In the words of the immortal Ron Burgundy: "Keep it classy, DBR!"

Thanks!

SMO
05-15-2007, 08:40 AM
No worries...take a look at the Zou and Lance thread and you'll see plenty of people think we'll be good either way.

I love scotch. Scotch scotch scotch.

Hey all,

Just a quick plea; if PP does decide to go elsewhere, can we avoid turning this place into a whiney, angry, full of denial place like Inside Carolina when they miss out on a recruit?

In the words of the immortal Ron Burgundy: "Keep it classy, DBR!"

Thanks!

cspan37421
05-15-2007, 09:37 AM
Yeah, really. I like Luol Deng but if Duke only got 4 year players from now on, no more 1-2 and done, I'd be more than fine with that.

Bob Green
05-15-2007, 07:42 PM
There will be no whining from me. I remain optimistic in regard to PP, but if he goes elsewhere, everything will be okay. Duke is Duke and life goes on.

Bob Green
Yokosuka, Japan

watzone
05-16-2007, 01:13 AM
I'm in! If he goes elsewhere, I write one article and move on!

dukemomLA
05-16-2007, 01:51 AM
I agree. Thanks for the post! Would we love to have PP? Absolutely. Do we need PP to compete at the highest level? I don't think so. I'm looking forward to seeing how buff Lance and Brian are after working out during the off-season. Whatever PP decides to do, let's remain the greatest and classiest fans and camcrzi's on the planet.

Lord Ash
05-16-2007, 07:33 AM
Well, I expect I will engage in some tooth gnashing; I think what I was most disgusted by was how the Inside Carolina crew jumped on the recruit and trash talked HIM. I've been impressed with Patrick since I first saw clips of him play, and I can promise I certainly won't speak badly of him when he picks Florida:)

CMS2478
05-16-2007, 08:53 AM
No Patterson!!! :eek:

WAAAAAAAHAAAA NOOOOOOOOO WE AR DOOMED!!!

Just kidding.........I'm sure the sun will come up on Thursday if we don't get him. ;)

UKBOO
05-16-2007, 08:58 AM
I do not know why fans do that anyway. I'll stop by to offer my congrats if he chooses Duke. I'll bid my farewell on the topic prior to 3:45 if he chooses UK.
Here's the bottom line that fans sometimes forget. This isn't really about the "game" at this point. This is about a young man who is making a very tough choice between three different directions in his life. All three look good, so which one do you choose? The "game" will come soon enough. Right now, I must wish him well on whatever he thinks is best.

Classof06
05-16-2007, 12:20 PM
While I think Duke would be the best choice for PP, I'm not him. He's got to live his life and do what's right for him. No reasonable person can knock that.