PDA

View Full Version : Themes for Huck's Year - Wigs and Blue Hose

Cackalacky Devil
03-05-2010, 05:20 PM
Fellow Defenders of the House, I'm compelled to make my first post after years of enjoying from a distance. As background, I'm a Duke grad and Duke parent, and I've had season tickets since the late '80s.

I confess I'm very surprised by the relative absence on this Board of pre-game revelry, humor and exchange of (tasteless) anecdotes about the opposing coach, especially given the wonderful material with which we've been blessed this year. The season record speaks for itself, but as a Charleston resident, I'm proud to remind you about the great January win by CofC over the 9th ranked Holes, complete with Cremins wigs, and the incredulous, arrogant, condescending looks on the faces of the many Hole fans behind the bench as time was winding down. The looks have disappeared these days, but the arrogance is still there. Somehow their plan to enjoy my beautiful city and catch a little exhibition game in the process went terribly awry. I'm convinced that game was when Roid realized what was about to happen to his season.

Yet perhaps the most heart warming event this year had to be the embarassing meltdown Huck experienced, back turned to the action, at the hands of a single, defenseless Blue Hose fan with the Holes up by ~30. That single incident was ample evidence that our suspicions have been right all along. So c'mon folks. Let's reminisce, with unbridled sarcasm and parody.

And by the way, if any students are interested in props, I have several CofC and Prebyterian t-shirts. If you can convince me you'll wear them within eye-shot of Dizzy, they're yours. See you Satursday!

Go Devils

Indoor66
03-05-2010, 05:31 PM
Please, not another UNC thread. Enough is enough.

Cackalacky Devil
03-05-2010, 05:39 PM
Must have missed those. Like I said, "from a distance."

Duvall
03-05-2010, 05:41 PM

Yes, we should focus on Duke's next opponent instead.

wallyman
03-05-2010, 05:43 PM
CD: Nothing wrong with your post. On this subject during this year, enough is never enough.

OZZIE4DUKE
03-05-2010, 05:48 PM

Yes, we should focus on Duke's next opponent instead.

CD: Nothing wrong with your post. On this subject during this year, enough is never enough.
I guess I'm missing the sarcasm here. You're dumping on a new poster for crying out loud!

GO TO HELL carolina, GO TO HELL!

Cackalacky Devil
03-05-2010, 05:59 PM
See, this is the problem with a seven-player rotation. By March everyone has board fatigue.

roywhite
03-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the input Cackalacky.

In a year where so many notable Tarheel stories involve the Palmetto state---the loss in Charleston to COC, the loss at Clemson, and the Presbyterian heckler getting ejected from the Nose Dome---what a pity that Clemson was not scheduled to play at Chapel Hill. Certainly this is the year where that notorious streak would have fallen.

Still, a 5-11 conference record and a 1st round exit from the ACC Tournament for the Heels sound good to me.

davekay1971
03-05-2010, 06:07 PM
See, this is the problem with a seven-player rotation. By March everyone has board fatigue.

Awesome. You know, if Julio just used one more poster, our stars would have to make one or two less posts per day. By the end of the season, that makes a huge difference.

Except for Jason Evans, of course, who can put up 100 or more posts a day and never get tired.

Ah, Huck. We should remember that Kerlina may never have another year this bad under "Hard Work" Huck, so we may not get to see Huck crack this way again until he's rocking back and forth in a corner of Trembling Hills Nursing Home cursing the shadows of Dean and K. I, for one, will cherish every minute of it.

roywhite
03-05-2010, 06:31 PM
Spring travel plans for Huck and the Heels?

NCAA Tournament trip? uh...no

NIT trip? Uh...negative

How about a team excursion to Myrtle Beach with the rest of the college crowd... Team dinner at South of the Border.

Pedro says...Hee Haw, Huck.

Cackalacky Devil
03-05-2010, 06:55 PM
Spring travel plans for Huck and the Heels?

... Team dinner at South of the Border.

Hold on there Roy. That place has a lot to offer...if you're stranded and waiting for help. Come to think of it, sounds perfect for their post season.

tele
03-05-2010, 07:44 PM
Team dinner at South of the Border.

Pedro says...Hee Haw, Huck.

Can you still buy firecrackers there? Those could be useful for Huck to try and get his teams attention.

SharkD
03-05-2010, 07:48 PM
Via airrowe (http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showpost.php?p=365795&postcount=107), my favorite picture, so far this year:

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/9717/lostseason.jpg