PDA

View Full Version : Status Check

OZZIE4DUKE
03-03-2010, 11:31 PM
carolina will be put back in their rightful place on Saturday night - the depths of HELL!

Now is the time for Duke to start a 10-game winning streak to end the season! That'll sure work for me and I think for you too!

-jk
03-04-2010, 09:50 AM
Here in DC, the snow is finally melting! The Gates of Hell are opening to engulf the baby blues.

9F!

davekay1971
03-04-2010, 09:53 AM
Growing hotter by the minute in Charlotte. The Carolina fans, who had started yapping like excitable wiener dogs after two wins were handed to their miserable team, are now trembling in fear, drenched in sweat, and soiling themselves uncontrollably as they ponder the reality of the hell that awaits them in Cameron.

OZZIE4DUKE
03-04-2010, 12:53 PM
What? No interest in this topic? C'mon folks, we're playing carolina for the ACC regular season championship and #1 seed in the ACC Tourney! Are you so shell shocked from last night's game?

Repeat after me:
GO TO HELL carolina, GO TO HELL!

duke4life32182
03-04-2010, 12:57 PM
It is getting hot, but by Saturday those holes will be melting from the heat. Cameron will be on fire and ready to explode on the holes from UNC.

NSDukeFan
03-04-2010, 01:00 PM
All the way up here in Nova Scotia, for some reason all of our snow has melted and it is early March. The fires must be getting very warm 1400 miles south of here.

Devil in the Blue Dress
03-04-2010, 01:01 PM
I'm disappointed but not shell shocked. I'm also fighting terrible winds anytime I go outside. I haven't seen any posted alerts regarding the possibility of fires under these conditions, but I expect an alert any minute......bonfires spreading across the state sparked by the approaching game in Cameron. It's getting hotter and hotter.

Warning to Carolina: get ready to meet your destiny.... a guarantee to stay in the cellar.

CrazieDUMB
03-04-2010, 03:01 PM
* 1st Seal (Rev. 6:1-2): The White Horse of the Apocalypse. When he comes, he is given a crown and he goes out bent on conquest. Possibly Kyle Singler.
* 2nd Seal (Rev. 6:3-4): When the Red Horse comes he is given a large sword and he takes peace from the world, causing men to kill each other. The [Blue Devil] reveals his true war-like self. Red Horse may be Jon Scheyer, his wily ways confuse the opponent.
* 3rd Seal (Rev. 6:5-6): When the Black Horse comes he causes severe famine. Zoubek - there are no rebounds to be had.
* 4th Seal (Rev. 6:7-8): The Pale Horse causes pestilence and death from the sword, famine, plague and wild beasts and Hades follow it. 1/4 of the world's population die from the horsemen. The Plumlees open the depths of Duke's bench.
* 5th Seal (Rev. 6:9-11): Martyrs begin dying during the Tribulation. Holes fans across the country begin to shivver.
* 6th Seal (Rev. 6:12-17):
o Worldwide earthquake;
o Visible sunlight ceases and the image of the solar disk goes from granular to woven;
o The image of the moon resembles blood;
o The stars of the heaven fall to earth;
o The sky rolls up;
o Every mountain and island are dislodged;
o The entire world population flees to caves, canyons, dens, and cliffs; and
o The world population interprets the Sixth Seal events as signs for the beginning of the wrath of the Lamb (the Day of Wrath).

This seal is obviously the release of the Crazies upon Cameron Indoor.

* 7th Seal (Rev. 8:1-6): Silence in Heaven, seven angels given seven trumpets, followed by fire being hurled to the Earth. The marching band plays. Tensions builds.

Then tipoff

alteran
03-04-2010, 04:24 PM
It's 4:24 in the Old North State (which has no other nickname), the air is clear, and the only bad thing is that the clouds are breaking up and allowing the most horrid color through.

Deep in the depths of Cameron, fires are being stoked to greet the boys in baby blue, where they will surely go to hell.

cbnaylor
03-04-2010, 04:29 PM
The fire is so bright.....I've got to wear shades.:cool:

barbarella
03-04-2010, 07:03 PM
It's not global warming... GTHC!!!

ClosetHurleyFan
03-04-2010, 07:25 PM
Are Carolina fans allowed on this thread?? (just kidding)

amyindurham
03-04-2010, 07:38 PM
Satan says hi!

http://depressio.tumblr.com/post/424804547/an-open-letter-from-satan-to-the-cameron-crazies

brevity
03-04-2010, 08:15 PM
Ok, so you should probably go read this for a laugh, "An open letter from Satan to the Cameron Crazies." It's from The Depressio, a satirical blog written by an anonymous divinity school student. Anyway, it's really funny and I think a lot of people here will get a kick out of it! (I hope!) My favorite part is the last paragraph.

http://depressio.tumblr.com/post/424804547/an-open-letter-from-satan-to-the-cameron-crazies

Good letter. Almost avuncular.

I missed the Maryland game last night because I was attending a meeting for Namedroppers Anonymous. But the topic quickly turned to ACC basketball. I described in vivid detail how Duke was going to ship Carolina to hell this weekend at a nice flat rate.

"We'll save more money this way," I explained to Ben Bernanke. "And we'll be using FedEx," I told Tom Hanks. "Signed, sealed, and delivered," I assured Stevie Wonder.

I offered further details about the heat-resistant packaging Duke would use. "It can withstand temperatures of up to 6000 degrees, roughly that of the sun's outer rim. Certainly enough to get through Hell's door."

"6000 degrees?" replied Dwyane Wade. "Damn, that's a lot of Heat."

Newton_14
03-04-2010, 10:41 PM
Just caught a weather update on WTVD here locally, heat wave coming this weekend. Supposed to get really hot in Durham beginning Saturday, kind of odd given the current weather patterns..

Must be a sign or something?

GTHC GTH (and take the twerp fans with you)

IBleedBlue
03-04-2010, 11:53 PM
I was on the amtrak from the bigapple to whitehouse and it stopped somewhere in middle. The train PA system comes alive and says
"Ladies and Gentlemen, we apologize for the delay due to this technical snag. The tracks have started overheating this evening and it is estimated to get much worse until late saturday night. Our engineers are very much sure this heat is coming from down south. We will keep you informed with further updates."

godukecom
03-05-2010, 12:39 AM
sitting here at officially the day before the big game. Weather has been warming up and will be very hot saturday. Coincidence? I think not. GO TO HELL carolina, GO TO HELL!

airowe
03-05-2010, 08:14 AM
Its 8:15 AM, tipoff eve. Trees are burning and there are trashcans aflame all over the sidewalk. No, its not College Park, its West Raleigh and its heating up all over town. The heat is coming from the west and I hear NCAA tournament hopes and dreams sizzling and cracking as they are burnt up by the tickling flames of reality.

Stay In Hell Carolina!
Stay in Hell!

OZZIE4DUKE
03-05-2010, 09:40 AM
Satan says hi!

Oh this is CLASSIC!

My favorite parts

Please, for the sake of my sanity, stop yelling “Go to Hell, Carolina, Go to Hell!” I cannot emphasize this point strongly enough. ... I must do everything within my power to ensure that the UNC Men’s Basketball team does not spend eternity down here. The truth is, that would just be too much punishment for my fellow residents.
Sorry Mr. Satan, stopping ain't gonna happen!

And also

The worst was when we let them play in our summer basketball league. First of all, kudos on another appropriate cheer: as it turns out, Tyler does travel every time.I trust those iddy bitty quoted sections don't violate copyright laws :D

And for whichever mod deleted Weezie's post about bonfires, The N&O talked about the hope for one today http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/03/05/371185/duke-students-expect-a-win.html

"I'm really excited. I get to see a bonfire this year," said sophomore Louis Ortiz, referencing the traditional, university- approved celebration in the aftermath of wins over UNC.
All that being said, GO TO HELL carolina, GO TO HELL!

kmspeaks
03-05-2010, 09:49 AM
I came to Florida for Spring Break and I'm freezing my butt off. All the heat must be migrating to Durham where a Mason Plumlee reverse jam will slam shut the gates of hell once the heels have been sent through.

SharkD
03-05-2010, 12:25 PM
12:25pm At the NW corner of Trent and Erwin [satellite image (http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=36.008245,-78.934242&spn=0.000487,0.00065&t=h&z=21)].

Looking out my office window, the final pile of snow from the January 30th snowstorm has finally melted away. (Yes, we had so much snow, in Durham, that it lasted 34 days.)

weezie
03-05-2010, 02:55 PM
Carefully packing the "bludevl" mobile, stuffing boxes of lightning bolts, burning ash, molten lead, bags of brimstone and a few anti-ballistic missiles.
Also, some fresh Duke t-shirts and make-up bag and perfume.
I want to look good when we roll those sorry holes.

Dev11
03-05-2010, 03:10 PM
Sitting in Few Quad, watching 2004 Duke at UNC on ESPN Classic. Can't wait for Duhon's layup. Its getting warm in here

Devil in the Blue Dress
03-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Carefully packing the "bludevl" mobile, stuffing boxes of lightning bolts, burning ash, molten lead, bags of brimstone and a few anti-ballistic missiles.
Also, some fresh Duke t-shirts and make-up bag and perfume.
I want to look good when we roll those sorry holes.

I know what you mean! I'm reviewing some of my best spells so that I can select something suitable for our visitors. This sort of preparation always gives me a headache!

OZZIE4DUKE
03-05-2010, 07:57 PM
Repeat after me:

AZLA
03-05-2010, 08:17 PM
West Coast standing by. Sunny and warm, just sayin'.

One request for anyone at the game...

If someone from Carolina's staff crosses out "DUKE" with athletic tape on our visiting team seats yet AGAIN -- will someone PLEASE go over and pull the tape off at half time?

(I assume it's their staff as I couldn't imagine a head coach would be THAT immature... then again)

Thanks!

wallyman
03-05-2010, 08:51 PM
Weeks worth of accumulated snow mysteriously beginning to melt in suburban New York. Temps nearing infernal 50s for the weekend. Meteorolgists stumped but bracketologists all smiling.

Newton_14
03-05-2010, 10:42 PM
Latest Official Forecast for Saturday March 6 from the WRAL Website:

Sunny and warmer. High pressure sits over our region the entire weekend so we do expect the sunshine to continue with the trend of rising temperatures.

I am about 20 miles NE of Cameron Indoor right now and the heat hits us in the face when we open the door to step outside. Big Orange glow in the skies to the SW. Strange for this time of year!

22 or so hours until the tarheels of unc@ch go down in flames.. big fire starts when the nets are scorched by 3 after 3 after 3.. Scheyer, Singler, Smith, Dawkins, even Miles Plumlee has dialed it in from long range and comes into the game with the highest 3 point shooting percentage in the country (100%)

Prepare to Go Straight To Hell Heels

9F 9F 9F

DukeUsul
03-05-2010, 10:46 PM
It's hot! It's hot! It's hot in here! There must be a Devil in the atmosphere!

sagegrouse
03-05-2010, 10:52 PM
...It has been snowing for the past 24 hours. The roads, fields, and mountains are deep in snow. But there is a glow in the east, and I detect the fires of hell burning in Chapel Hill.

Go Devils. GTHC, GTH!

sagegrouse

OZZIE4DUKE
03-06-2010, 09:42 AM
Ugly, glad I don't have to step in it color sky this morning. Cool temps but heating up nicely during the day, and by game time the sky will be a much much darker color blue!

LET'S GO DUKE!
LET'S GO DUKE!
LET'S GO DUKE!
LET'S GO DUKE!
LET'S GO DUKE!
LET'S GO DUKE!

DukieInKansas
03-06-2010, 11:02 AM
Repeat after me:

What you said.

Temperatures are rising here - must be creeping in from the east. Only the largest piles of snow have a bit left.

9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F

RepoMan
03-06-2010, 11:04 AM
What a huge game. I hate UNC--I do mean mean hate.

airowe
03-06-2010, 11:06 AM

weezie
03-06-2010, 12:01 PM
You're almost in hell, carolina, almost in hell. About nine more hours till you start roasting.

superdave
03-06-2010, 12:27 PM
Sunny and spring like in the DC area.
Hell on earth in Durham tonight!
8:34 to go.
Burn, tarholes, burn.

SharkD
03-06-2010, 01:47 PM
8 miles north of campus, it's a balmy 56° Centigrade.

Small birds and squirrels are bursting into flames as they sit upon the scorched tree branches, outside my window.

Some say it's an unseasonbly early Spring, I say it's something more sinister.

http://imgur.com/2c3fX.png

Richard Berg
03-06-2010, 03:59 PM
Just filled out my application for a personalized NJ license plate. You have to give 4 ranked choices. Ordinarily I'd opt for something like "DVLSURF" or "666SRFR" (see my avatar for why). But given today's date, I decided to keep it simple:

1) GTHC
2) GTHCGTH
3) G2HC
4) G2HCGTH

Need I say more? :)

BD80
03-06-2010, 05:11 PM
Lest we forget the true nature of the inferno facing the heels: here, north of Detroit, over 700 miles from the Mecca of basketball that is Cameron, it is 50 degrees with gorgeous sunshine. The gates of hell opening hundreds of miles away has melted inches of snow before my eyes and raised the temperature 9 degrees above forecast. Don't meteorologists know to consider the Duke/unc game?

9F FOREVER.

bhop22
03-06-2010, 05:17 PM
My 6 year old Duke team just beat the tarheels 26-8. Hope that is a good sign.

Dev11
03-06-2010, 06:12 PM
During GameDay this morning, Jay turned to the crowd during a commercial break to comment to us that he always felt it got hotter in Cameron when he played UNC. I stood up and shouted, "That's because Carolina's going to HELL"

DukieInKansas
03-06-2010, 06:35 PM
During GameDay this morning, Jay turned to the crowd during a commercial break to comment to us that he always felt it got hotter in Cameron when he played UNC. I stood up and shouted, "That's because Carolina's going to HELL"

Way to go, Dev11!

GTH, C, GTH! 9F

dukestheheat
03-06-2010, 07:56 PM
Goodbye Carolina, Goodbye!

Carolina delendo est!

Let's Go Duke!

dth.

Wildling
03-06-2010, 08:30 PM
My heart is already pounding badly.

GTHC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OZZIE4DUKE
03-07-2010, 12:33 AM
carolina will be put back in their rightful place on Saturday night - the depths of HELL!

Now is the time for Duke to start a 10-game winning streak to end the season! That'll sure work for me and I think for you too!

Repeat after me:

I love it when a plan comes together!

Repeat after me:
YOU'RE IN HELL carolina, YOU'RE IN HELL!