PDA

View Full Version : Pictures from Duke/UVA

aro24
03-02-2010, 11:23 AM
Just wanted to share my photos.
Here are some shots from my view from section 310 row X...courtesy of my Rebel and 300mm zoom.

http://photo2.walgreens.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=3948112002/a=3597352_3597352/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=walgreens/

I don't think you have to be a member to view the pictures....but if so, please post and let me know and I will find a different way to share.

Thanks,

ARo24

91_92_01_10_15
03-02-2010, 11:26 AM
Just wanted to share my photos.
Here are some shots from my view from section 310 row X...courtesy of my Rebel and 300mm zoom.

http://photo2.walgreens.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=3948112002/a=3597352_3597352/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=walgreens/

I don't think you have to be a member to view the pictures....but if so, please post and let me know and I will find a different way to share.

Thanks,

ARo24

I can't find a way to view them without logging in.

aro24
03-02-2010, 11:30 AM
I was afraid of that.....let me work on another way.
Sorry

91_92_01_10_15
03-02-2010, 11:33 AM
I was afraid of that.....let me work on another way.
Sorry

No problem. I created a dummy account and checked them out. Thanks for posting them.

aro24
03-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Ok...I will admit I am not the most technologically savy individual.....
I have tried other sites to post these pictures (snapfish, flickr, etc...) but the problem that I am having is that the files are too large.
I am taking my pictures with an Eos/Rebel T1i 500D digital camera with 15.1 megapixels. I am finding that when I am transferring the pictures from my camera to my computer, they are at least 5MB a piece.
Any ideas on how I can shrink the files without comprimising the clarity of the photo?

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks

ARo24

91_92_01_10_15
03-02-2010, 03:30 PM
I have tried other sites to post these pictures (snapfish, flickr, etc...) but the problem that I am having is that the files are too large.
I am taking my pictures with an Eos/Rebel T1i 500D digital camera with 15.1 megapixels. I am finding that when I am transferring the pictures from my camera to my computer, they are at least 5MB a piece.
Any ideas on how I can shrink the files without comprimising the clarity of the photo?

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks

ARo24

I believe that you have free access to Picassa if you have a gmail account. If you don't have gmail, go to www.gmail.com and get one. It's a simple registration process, then you can click this link:

http://picasaweb.google.com

They should be able to handle your large-ish images, though it will likely take awhile to upload them.

Hope this helps.

Nice images of Kyle going into the stands, BTW.

Bluedog
03-02-2010, 03:52 PM

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks

ARo24

A crude way to reduce the image size is simply opening them in paint, go to Image -> Stretch/Skew, and choose 50% vertical/50% horizontal (or whatever percentage you want). Obviously, don't save over the high res image you want to preserve, but rename it and this should reduce your file size significantly (5 MB - > 1.3 MB ish). That should make it easier to upload at least and we won't notice any difference unless we attempt to majorly zoom in, which one cannot do on the filesharing websites anyways.