PDA

View Full Version : Gerald Henderson beats Michael Jordan

Highlander
03-01-2010, 01:01 PM
in H.O.R.S.E, after practice.

Good article with some great quotes from both sides...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100301/ap_on_sp_bk_ne/bkn_bobcats_jordan

Lord Ash
03-01-2010, 01:04 PM
Jordan has got to be one of the most ruthlessly competitive people in all of sports.

Good for Gerald... especially the golf course shot afterwards;)

uncwdevil
03-01-2010, 01:11 PM
Maybe Jordan will let Larry Brown put Henderson in the game now.

jv001
03-01-2010, 01:12 PM
Not that Gerald needs any extra cash, he could however fill his pockets by taking jordan to the nearest golf course. With jordan's competiveness and propensity to wage a few dollars, Gerald could take him at golf as he did in the H.O.R.S.E. game. Hope Gerald gets some playing time but I doubt it. Go Duke!

loldevilz
03-01-2010, 01:18 PM
Even though I was never a big fan of Michael Jordan, I really think that his decision to buy the Bobcats was a great idea. I am also glad that he decided to draft Gerald Henderson, maybe he'll get over his Duke hate one of these days.

jv001
03-01-2010, 01:22 PM
Even though I was never a big fan of Michael Jordan, I really think that his decision to buy the Bobcats was a great idea. I am also glad that he decided to draft Gerald Henderson, maybe he'll get over his Duke hate one of these days.

is tarhole territory. Now with jordan and larry brown in charge, it will be a death sentence for any Duke player to be drafted by the tarcats. As for jordan getting over his Duke hate, don't count on it. Go Duke!

jordan and brown had rather lose a draft choice and sit a Duke guy. Go Duke!

Gewebe14
03-01-2010, 01:58 PM
Obviously not since they were the ones who drafted Henderson and Larry Brown specifically wanted him

Highlander
03-01-2010, 02:15 PM
is tarhole territory. Now with jordan and larry brown in charge, it will be a death sentence for any Duke player to be drafted by the tarcats. As for jordan getting over his Duke hate, don't count on it. Go Duke!

Wow. Tell us how you really feel. :)

Acymetric
03-01-2010, 02:30 PM

Look, I've hated on the Bobcats as much as anyone, and that goes double for all the tarheel affiliated people involved, but they wouldn't waste a first round pick on G unless they were going to play him. If they were really being petty here they just wouldn't have drafted them. Think about how badly they needed good players. They wouldn't have passed on that just to screw with G and Duke fans. Anyone who legitimately thinks this is whats going on...I just don't have words to describe it, honestly. At least none that are board appropriate.

jv001
03-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Look, I've hated on the Bobcats as much as anyone, and that goes double for all the tarheel affiliated people involved, but they wouldn't waste a first round pick on G unless they were going to play him. If they were really being petty here they just wouldn't have drafted them. Think about how badly they needed good players. They wouldn't have passed on that just to screw with G and Duke fans. Anyone who legitimately thinks this is whats going on...I just don't have words to describe it, honestly. At least none that are board appropriate.

maybe I did exaggerate somewhat about the ex-holes wasting a draft choice but it was just my way of saying how much I dislike(understatement) the tarholes. To me a post about unc is nothing to get so serious about. There are many many unc posts making fun of them. Next time I'll add lol with my post. Duke Basketball is just the opposite. I take everything Duke serious. So I'm sorry my post irrated you so much. Go Duke!

dukeENG2003
03-01-2010, 03:57 PM
maybe he'll get over his Duke hate one of these days.

Did you see his hall of fame speech? Jordan's clearly not very good at "getting over" anything.

loldevilz
03-01-2010, 04:44 PM
I just wanted to post the video...this Gerald-Jordan stuff is starting to make me a Bobcats fan

http://www.bobcatsbreak.com/?p=1851

Acymetric
03-01-2010, 06:48 PM
Did you see his hall of fame speech? Jordan's clearly not very good at "getting over" anything.

This is so true it hurts.

Just be sure Jordan never reads this...he might never let it go! ;)

NashvilleDevil
03-01-2010, 06:54 PM

Read Halberstram's book on Jordan. In the '86 draft Jordan was livid that the Bulls took Brad Sellers over Johnny Dawkins.

loldevilz
03-01-2010, 07:32 PM
Read Halberstram's book on Jordan. In the '86 draft Jordan was livid that the Bulls took Brad Sellers over Johnny Dawkins.

MJ represents pretty hard but overall he's a good guy with good sense. It's just unfortunate that he went to UNC instead of Duke.

dukemsu
03-01-2010, 08:22 PM
Jordan's competitive streak is at sociopathic levels. He'll get G back plenty.

Nice to score the first one, G.

dukemsu

moonpie23
03-01-2010, 08:27 PM
MJ does have a steel-woven competitive streak.....but as the old saying goes, "it takes one to know one"...

i'm pretty sure that if G showed MJ a similar ruthlessness, mj would respect and reward that...

AZLA
03-01-2010, 09:22 PM
So beating Jordan in H.O.R.S.E. earns Gerald a starting position, right? :) I wish. Hasn't been the same this year without seeing G in the highlights. Can only imagine how fun the Blue Devils would be him in the lineup. POY? I'm confident he'd take Jordan on the golf course too.

NovaScotian
03-01-2010, 11:52 PM
MJ represents pretty hard but overall he's a good guy with good sense. It's just unfortunate that he went to UNC instead of Duke.

i think it's pretty fortunate. as a basketball player his accomplishments are unparalelled, but as a human being he's a pretty lousy role model. did you watch that hof speech? plus, the rumors of gambling and womanizing, accompanied with his 'sociopathic' competitiveness don't lead me to believe that he's really a 'good guy.'

chuck klosterman has an interesting take on why we expect different things from athletes : http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=klosterman/060314

loldevilz
03-02-2010, 12:06 AM
i think it's pretty fortunate. as a basketball player his accomplishments are unparalelled, but as a human being he's a pretty lousy role model. did you watch that hof speech? plus, the rumors of gambling and womanizing, accompanied with his 'sociopathic' competitiveness don't lead me to believe that he's really a 'good guy.'

chuck klosterman has an interesting take on why we expect different things from athletes : http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=klosterman/060314

Sociopathic competitiveness? This is almost as overblown as calling Coach K pure evil. Last time I checked he wasn't hurting anybody to win. Like K he's a motivation speaker and figure. I never said he was a good role model but overall he's probably a decent human being. As for womanizing and gambling, he's only human. Seriously, for most of America and the world MJ has been an inspiration of excellence, cut him some slack.

That being said, I'm not a big fan of any Duke haters and I'm thrilled to see G take on MJ.

moonpie23
03-02-2010, 12:25 AM
but overall he's probably a decent human being. As for womanizing and gambling, he's only human.

contradiction....

loldevilz
03-02-2010, 12:35 AM
contradiction....

Really you can't gamble or womanize and be a decent human being. The guy hasn't had an affair that I'm aware of...nor has he been accused of fixing games. I swear I can't argue with you guys anymore...you have absolutely no sense of perspective.

airowe
03-02-2010, 12:52 AM
The guy hasn't had an affair that I'm aware of

You can't be serious. That's why he is divorced.

Acymetric
03-02-2010, 12:53 AM

Yeah. What exactly would womanizing be for a married man if not an affair?

loldevilz
03-02-2010, 01:35 AM

Sorry, I didn't know that. I'm not an MJ expert. But anyone that calls him a sociopathic competitor needs to be called out.

Starter
03-02-2010, 01:41 AM
I read the book "When Nothing Else Matters" about Jordan's tenure with the Wizards. Excellent read if you like ball and want to learn about the greatest player in the history of the game. (Yes, he went to UNC, but just keeping it real. Though I'm pulling for LeBron to someday take his mantle, he's got a six-championship quest ahead of him)

Anyway, hopefully it's not a no-win situation for Gerald. According to the book, Jordan used to play Kwame Brown 1-on-1 and did not take well to the rookie's playful boasts that he'd beat Jordan, tormenting him relentlessly until he systematically destroyed him, even at the expense of his team. I can tell you right now that Jordan is not going to like seeing those quotes about his golf game, even though they're all in fun. That said, Gerald is in a different boat than high-school age Kwame Brown; he's better equipped to handle it. But we can only hope that Jordan doesn't take it upon himself to even the score at any cost. Because if there's one thing about Jordan, he cannot stand losing. At anything. To anyone.

Starter
03-02-2010, 01:51 AM
All that said, I watched the videos. Pretty darned cool to see G going shot for shot with the greatest ever. Having watched him since high school, he's come a long way. :cool:

mgtr
03-02-2010, 04:09 AM
Really you can't gamble or womanize and be a decent human being. The guy hasn't had an affair that I'm aware of...nor has he been accused of fixing games. I swear I can't argue with you guys anymore...you have absolutely no sense of perspective.

I suppose that next you'll be trying to claim that the governor of SC is womanizer, or that Pete Rose gambled!:D

slower
03-02-2010, 06:00 AM
Sorry, I didn't know that. I'm not an MJ expert. But anyone that calls him a sociopathic competitor needs to be called out.

Do you know ANYTHING about Michael Jordan? His ruthless (some would say sociopathic) competitiveness is legendary. If you don't know what you're talking about, you're gonna get hammered around here.

And yeah, womanizing and gambling kind of goes against the definition of "decent". You could, you know, look it up or something.

Lord Ash
03-02-2010, 07:15 AM

Uhmm... Jordan is famous for being exactly that, to a level that almost no other professional basketball player has ever achieved. Haven't you read anything about the man? He would simply rip apart teammates who did not live up to his expectations. Lose a game of horse? He would make the other player stay until he beat him, several times in a row. Loses a game of golf to Chuck Daly? Demand another shot, and when Daly says no Jordan wakes him up at 4 AM to go play again. And the Fall of Fame speech? In the words of one writer...

Whereas most honorees use the Hall moment to thank those who helped them get to this point, Jordan tauntingly chided those who might have forgotten just how good he was. He ripped his high school and college coach, got into one his former high school teammates and even his college roommate. He mocked Jerry Krause and even called out the very Hall that was inducting for daring to raise ticket prices and make a buck off him. He even offered up sympathy to his two brothers who didn't grow as tall as him, and pity to his two sons who have to live in his cold shadow.

It was shocking to the system of most, and some have even branded Jordan as a bitter, angry old man in the days since his speech. But you must understand this about Jordan: Winning was never enough for him. He had to have your heart in the process. He had to rip you of your manhood as he beat you.

I think you need to learn a bit more about one of the greatest in the game, and maybe sit back and listen and learn a bit as you are VERY new here.

CameronBornAndBred
03-02-2010, 08:19 AM
I'd rather see Gerald playing in Cameron this year than sitting on the Bobcat's bench and playing horse with MJ.

moonpie23
03-02-2010, 08:43 AM
Because if there's one thing about Jordan, he cannot stand losing. At anything. To anyone.

i have firsthand knowledge of this with a story that i cannot repeat here. it involves friends of mine, in a social setting, who wound up on the other end of that sociopathic stick....

this guy can't stand losing ANYTHING, and doesn't mind putting everyone around him in an embarrasing position to prove it....

moonpie23
03-02-2010, 08:44 AM
I'd rather see Gerald playing in Cameron this year than sitting on the Bobcat's bench and playing horse with MJ.

i would love to play at cameron, but i would also love to have gerald's direct deposit confirmations for my bank account....

;)

ClosetHurleyFan
03-02-2010, 08:54 AM
contradiction....

Life is eat up with contradictions....

CLT Devil
03-02-2010, 09:14 AM
i have firsthand knowledge of this with a story that i cannot repeat here. it involves friends of mine, in a social setting, who wound up on the other end of that sociopathic stick....

this guy can't stand losing ANYTHING, and doesn't mind putting everyone around him in an embarrasing position to prove it....

Trust me, I have one too. Nothing too bad, just basically the does in fact like to gamble and especially on the golf course...seen how intense he can be with my own two eyes.

That being said, there was a litle kid dying of cancer at my elementary school and his 'One Wish' was to meet MJ. I must say Michael went way out of his way to not only hang out with the kid for a day, but also to meet the whole school, sign autographs and even some good natured ribbing of Dukies.

His role in the Bobcats organization...not too much positive to say here. Draft picks have been atrocious, nothing but negative comments about players when he DID show up. It's in the press and on sports radio around here, but basically everyone is hoping he will take more interest in the team and do something that the fans will like...change the name, lower ticket prices, engage the fans more.

I think Jordan has been annointed the 'Best Player In The History Of Basketball' so much that his air of arrogance has turned off a lot of fans in Charlotte. It's like he thinkhs he can do no wrong, but after the fiasco that the Hornets left they needed to win back the city. They failed to do that by building an arena that did not pass a public referendum yet was built on taxpayer dime anyway, charged people to buy a special TV channel to watch games and have extremely high ticket and concession prices. That is how you DON'T start a franchise. Maybe MJ will make pro-Bball relevant in CLT again...but the odds are against him.

moonpie23
03-02-2010, 09:31 AM
i HATE that the hornets, and subsequently, the bobtails were located in charlotte SC......i often think about what it would be like to have an NBA team here in the triangle (and don't draw comparisons to the hurricanes, that's HOCKEY)

I'd buy a season ticket. no matter WHO was on the team......but everytime i pontificate on the possibility, everyone shoots it down saying we have too much basketball here already...

:(

NSDukeFan
03-02-2010, 09:46 AM
I read the book "When Nothing Else Matters" about Jordan's tenure with the Wizards. Excellent read if you like ball and want to learn about the greatest player in the history of the game. (Yes, he went to UNC, but just keeping it real. Though I'm pulling for LeBron to someday take his mantle, he's got a six-championship quest ahead of him)

I'm surprised that Jordan would be involved in a book that teaches about Bill Russell or Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

Starter
03-02-2010, 10:48 AM
I'm surprised that Jordan would be involved in a book that teaches about Bill Russell or Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

I'm guessing that was tongue-in-cheek, because I've never met anyone who doesn't think Jordan was the greatest player ever. I mean, all three were great, but only one of them wasn't taller than everyone else.

slower
03-02-2010, 10:54 AM
I'm guessing that was tongue-in-cheek, because I've never met anyone who doesn't think Jordan was the greatest player ever. I mean, all three were great, but only one of them wasn't taller than everyone else.

for the abuse that you will surely suffer. At best, your math is wrong. Bill Russell wasn't taller than everybody else.

Lord Ash
03-02-2010, 11:00 AM

There are many people who do not believe Jordan was the best ever.

airowe
03-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Here we go again.

NSDukeFan
03-02-2010, 11:14 AM

Stick around and you may meet quite a few. I'm assuming you are quite young if you haven't met anyone who will not give Jordan the mantle of best ever. I don't have strong feelings one way or the other, but Olympic Fan (I think) has made a great case for Russell on these boards.

sagegrouse
03-02-2010, 12:15 PM

Starter, you need to meet some more people. Re Lebron and Michael: Jordan didn't win an NBA champioship until his seventh season, and folks were wondering whether he ever would.

In terms of greatest player, I would give a lot of credit for defense and rebounds, not just scoring or dramatic last-second shots. And I would give weight to championships but not to the exclusion of everything else. Jordan is certainly in the top ten and probably in the top five of those whose careers have been completed. He goes along with Russell (championships, defense, RBs, scoring early in his career); Wilt (his best years were off the charts -- 50 ppg average?); Oscar (few championship but didn't he average a triple double in some years?); Kareem (offensive brilliance and staying power).

sagegrouse

CrazieDUMB
03-02-2010, 01:46 PM
There's an excellent article on freedarko about what it's like to play HORSE against Michael Jordan. Never being a Jordan fan (I was partial to Ewing and the Knicks, as well as John Stockton), it's nice to see that the guy's true psyche is starting to come out.

Freedarko, by the way, is a fantastic blog about pro basketball. It can get kind of heady; that said, it's like the McSweeney's of basketball blogs.

(Warning: some foul language)
http://freedarko.blogspot.com/2010/03/my-best-worst-friend.html

slower
03-02-2010, 01:54 PM
There's an excellent article on freedarko about what it's like to play HORSE against Michael Jordan. Never being a Jordan fan (I was partial to Ewing and the Knicks, as well as John Stockton), it's nice to see that the guy's true psyche is starting to come out.

Freedarko, by the way, is a fantastic blog about pro basketball. It can get kind of heady; that said, it's like the McSweeney's of basketball blogs.

(Warning: some foul language)
http://freedarko.blogspot.com/2010/03/my-best-worst-friend.html

Just be aware that Free Darko is HEAVILY populated by Tarholes (Bethlehem Shoals and several other regulars are Hole grads) and you will find a regular dose of Duke hate going on. Otherwise, an entertaining site, although much plagued by self-important bloviation and hipper-than-thou proclamations.

CrazieDUMB
03-02-2010, 02:15 PM
Just be aware that Free Darko is HEAVILY populated by Tarholes (Bethlehem Shoals and several other regulars are Hole grads) and you will find a regular dose of Duke hate going on. Otherwise, an entertaining site, although much plagued by self-important bloviation and hipper-than-thou proclamations.

Haha - well I guess after hunting around the internets for long enough I don't even notice Duke Hate anymore, although you are correct in this regard. I do agree that FD does espouse a very hipper-than-thou attitude, but that's the price you have to pay sometimes. I have similar feelings towards Pitchfork.

slower
03-02-2010, 02:20 PM
That WAS a pretty great Free Darko post, though!

Kdogg
03-02-2010, 02:26 PM

In college, Micheal Jordon would cheat at cards against Buzz Peterson's GRANDMOTHER.

Acymetric
03-02-2010, 03:13 PM
i HATE that the hornets, and subsequently, the bobtails were located in charlotte SC......i often think about what it would be like to have an NBA team here in the triangle (and don't draw comparisons to the hurricanes, that's HOCKEY)

I'd buy a season ticket. no matter WHO was on the team......but everytime i pontificate on the possibility, everyone shoots it down saying we have too much basketball here already...

:(

This is so true, I would love a team here. I've managed to latch on to the Panthers pretty well, but even if G was playing starters minutes I'm not sure I could really get behind the team as a whole, even if it wasn't run and staffed by tar heels...I just don't feel any personal connection to anything in Charlotte. The columns their paper run doesn't really help their cause.

noyac
03-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Looks like yahoo updates the article and it appeared on their frontpage news.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Gerald-Henderson-is-better-than-Michael-Jordan-a?urn=nba,225258

G is better than MJ. I love it

AZLA
03-02-2010, 05:52 PM
I can tell you right now that Jordan is not going to like seeing those quotes about his golf game, even though they're all in fun.

My understanding is G is an incredible stick -- scratch or near scratch -- and it may not be completely be out of the realm of possibilities that we'd see him on the Sr. Tour well in the future or at least a contender at a PGA celebrity pro am. If Jordan thought G was tough at H.O.R.S.E, he's in for a rude awakening if he plays G on the links.

Just PLEASE get him on the court ASAP and as much as possible -- he's got more than enough talent and class to be a force in the NBA.

SupaDave
03-02-2010, 09:22 PM
My understanding is G is an incredible stick -- scratch or near scratch -- and it may not be completely be out of the realm of possibilities that we'd see him on the Sr. Tour well in the future or at least a contender at a PGA celebrity pro am. If Jordan thought G was tough at H.O.R.S.E, he's in for a rude awakening if he plays G on the links.

Just PLEASE get him on the court ASAP and as much as possible -- he's got more than enough talent and class to be a force in the NBA.

Actually you should look around for it but G has stated that he plans to play on the PGA Tour (NOT celebrity) when he retires from basketball. He's that good. He's played golf with Tiger Woods and all of that stuff that high potential players get to do. Jordan wants NONE of that...

Acymetric
03-02-2010, 09:54 PM
Actually you should look around for it but G has stated that he plans to play on the PGA Tour (NOT celebrity) when he retires from basketball. He's that good. He's played golf with Tiger Woods and all of that stuff that high potential players get to do. Jordan wants NONE of that...

As excited as I get over the idea of watching G dominate the golf course, I hope he has to put those plans off for a long, long time. But boy will it be cool if he decides to do that.

AZLA
03-02-2010, 10:49 PM

Aha! Good point, found it (maybe it was posted before, but worth another look). PGA and NBA -- that would be an incredible accomplishment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwsF_QrgeN4

Newton_14
03-02-2010, 10:51 PM

Correctamundo! Golf is actually the reason G got a late start on his basketball career relative to the kids that only focused on basketball all the way up. He seriously considered choosing golf as his profession before deciding on basketball sometime near his 13th or 14th Birthday I believe. He supposedly had/has enough game where had he not chosen basketball he would have had a real chance to be on the PGA Tour today.

I am glad he went with basketball in the end but not absurd to think we will see him on the links as a serious player one day.

And on another note, had he chosen basketball earlier in life, he likely would have been a much more accomplished basketball player coming in to Duke...

Starter
03-02-2010, 11:37 PM
All right, now that the abuse is out of your systems, let's talk some hoops. To get this out of the way, I'm 30 years old, I'm an NBA guy and I know quite a few people already -- even some basketball people! I just don't know a whole lot that don't think Jordan was the greatest ever. I guess I know a few more now, namely those of you that responded here.

Russell was 6-foot-10 (I used a little hyperbole there, I'm prone to it) on a ridiculously loaded team. He was certainly the greatest defensive big man of all time without any question -- guy used to block shots by looking at people -- but I would have thought that someone of his height being considered to be the greatest player of all time would have scored over 19 ppg even once.

Now there's no doubt Kareem was awesome, and was for a long time. He was also 7-foot-2 and won five of his six championships on a loaded team with indisputably the greatest point guard of all time -- which probably helped his scoring averages. He led the league in scoring twice (Jordan led the league 10 times). Kareem's numbers, by the way, are essentially identical to Shaq's. (Go look, it's uncanny) Would Shaq be in the running here? Probably not?

Now Wilt used his size advantage better than anyone else as a scorer and rebounder, but had just -- "just" -- two titles, and was a 51% free-throw shooter. Actually, I'd probably put him over Kareem and Russell, but that's just me. As someone said, he averaged like 50 points once.

Note that none of the three of them topped Jordan in career efficiency rating, if you're into that sort of thing. That's understandable though, since Jordan ranks No. 1 all-time.

In terms of greatest player, I would give a lot of credit for defense and rebounds, not just scoring or dramatic last-second shots. And I would give weight to championships but not to the exclusion of everything else. Jordan is certainly in the top ten and probably in the top five of those whose careers have been completed.

sagegrouse

Probably in the Top 5?!?

Regardless, why should I discount Jordan's clutch shots? Isn't that a good thing -- or a great thing? He won six championships without the benefit of even one great big man (unless you count Rodman) and probably would have won more if he didn't retire twice in his prime, so there's that. He was just a scorer, right? Meanwhile he was first-team all defense nine times, ranks second all-time in steals (props to John Stockton) and won DPOY once -- typically a big-man award. He averaged over 6 rebounds for his career, hardly deficient for a guard. He was 6-foot-6 and dominated all facets of the game once he reached his prime. To me, he was clearly the greatest all-around player of all time.

But, as you guys said, I'm young and don't know a lot of people. :rolleyes: It's all good, I'm cool with disagreeing.

slower
03-03-2010, 06:00 AM
As excited as I get over the idea of watching G dominate the golf course...

Nobody said ANYTHING about him being a "dominant" golfer.

whirlieduke4
03-03-2010, 10:21 AM

...I think you missed the point.

Acymetric
03-03-2010, 10:31 AM

True, and if my post had been serious commentary on his golf game instead of a tongue in cheek statement about hoping he has a long NBA career that would have been worth pointing out. But thanks! Would you mind correcting any slight flaws in my future posts as well? It would be sooooo helpful!

Besides, who knows how good he'll be 30 years down the road when golf is his sole focus? This is, of course, moot if he changes his mind about playing golf professionally after basketball, thats a long time for him to change his mind about any post NBA plans.

slower
03-03-2010, 10:38 AM
True, and if my post had been serious commentary on his golf game instead of a tongue in cheek statement about hoping he has a long NBA career that would have been worth pointing out. But thanks! Would you mind correcting any slight flaws in my future posts as well? It would be sooooo helpful!

Besides, who knows how good he'll be 30 years down the road when golf is his sole focus? This is, of course, moot if he changes his mind about playing golf professionally after basketball, thats a long time for him to change his mind about any post NBA plans.

You misspelled "so". :D

Seriously, sorry to offend. Obviously, I missed the point. It happens.

duke4life32182
03-03-2010, 11:41 AM
Too bad he's not hitting those shots with a Duke jersey on. Would be nice to have him, then we would have 4 scorers.

Acymetric
03-03-2010, 11:53 AM
Too bad he's not hitting those shots with a Duke jersey on. Would be nice to have him, then we would have 4 scorers.

The flipside is that we would then have to play small to get our best players on the court, which would make us worse on the defensive end. We would have to pull minutes from from our best defender or our best rebounder...I would take G back in a heartbeat, but I think we would see a very different team on both ends were he here. Ah, what might have been, but I'm quite enjoying what we have.

bl33dblu3
03-03-2010, 02:10 PM

At least it's been a great opportunity for Nolan.