PDA

View Full Version : Davidson wins a thriller

Deslok
03-01-2010, 09:07 AM
Check out the ending (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/Davidson-wins-with-Reggie-Miller-esque-miracle-f?urn=ncaab,224785) to the Davidson game, hitting back to back 3s in the last 5 seconds of double overtime to win the game.

Acymetric
03-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Check out the ending (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/Davidson-wins-with-Reggie-Miller-esque-miracle-f?urn=ncaab,224785) to the Davidson game, hitting back to back 3s in the last 5 seconds of double overtime to win the game.

Dear God its following me everywhere! Watching our seniors lose like that was probably the saddest sight I can remember seeing in basketball. Elon outplayed Davidson basically the whole game after starting out down by double digits in the first 5 minutes or so, only to go see Davidson make last second prayers to go into OT, double OT, and then one last one on a bad mistake (rushed the pass to inbound) for a lucky 3 on the win.

That said, the sports gods granted us the greatest gift of all, a rematch against Davidson in the opening round of the SoCon tournament on Friday.

Oh, and for those of you who don't know (and why would you I suppose), this is Matt Methany's first season at Elon, after serving I believe his entire career as an assistant for Davidson. People here are very excited about where he's going to take the program...but for now all that matters is Friday.

JStuart
03-01-2010, 12:51 PM
Another Matt who served as an assistant coach under McKillop at Davidson was Matt Doherty....hope Methany turns out better!
Nonetheless, Go 'Cats
JStuart, '72

Acymetric
03-01-2010, 01:55 PM
Another Matt who served as an assistant coach under McKillop at Davidson was Matt Doherty....hope Methany turns out better!
Nonetheless, Go 'Cats
JStuart, '72

Fortunately, Methany has no ties to unc whatsoever, so that'll have to count for something ;). My concern is that he'll get a better job before Elon can make their way to being a real contender in the SoCon.

That said, they call it March Madness for a reason, and the storyline for the opening round on Friday couldn't be better...GO PHOENIX!