PDA

View Full Version : Recruits visiting Duke/UNC game

Daniel tosh
03-01-2010, 08:15 AM
http://bluedevilinsider.wordpress.com/2010/03/01/top-recruits-prospects-attending-duke-vs-unc/

Now I know that all them probably won't attend,but that is a good many recruits.Nice to see that many 2012 guys.

Neals384
03-01-2010, 08:39 AM
Wow! Hope they are all thrilled by the Cameron experience...and a smack down of the Heels.

Wouldn't it be fun if Mr. Barnes could attend as well? heh heh heh

Memphis Devil
03-01-2010, 08:44 AM
I know that there is a whole other thread, but the more I read/see Austin Rivers the more I like him. This kid seems to have some real superstar potential. I hope he is able to attend the game. I'm sure it would make Billy D happy to know he is in attendance.

airowe
03-01-2010, 08:57 AM
I know that there is a whole other thread, but the more I read/see Austin Rivers the more I like him. This kid seems to have some real superstar potential. I hope he is able to attend the game. I'm sure it would make Billy D happy to know he is in attendance.

Austin won't make it to the Duke-UNC game unless his team loses in the State Semis as the Championship Game is at 7 the same night as our game.

PhillyDuke
03-01-2010, 09:11 AM
Man, I hope we can impress Quincy Miller and get him away from Kentucky's influence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Class of '94
03-01-2010, 03:51 PM
Has anyone heard if Carrick Felix will be at the UNC-Duke game in CIS?
I know there was nothing definite; but I thought I remembered that someone at the time said that he would make a decision or know where he was going to school in 3 weeks on his facebook, which would make it around the the time of the Duke-UNC game. I was hoping he would be making his Official this weekend and be at the game.

roywhite
03-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Has anyone heard if Carrick Felix will be at the UNC-Duke game in CIS?
I know there was nothing definite; but I thought I remembered that someone at the time said that he would make a decision or know where he was going to school in 3 weeks on his facebook, which would make it around the the time of the Duke-UNC game. I was hoping he would be making his Official this weekend and be at the game.

Based on his team's schedule, probably won't be visiting this weekend.

College of Southern Idaho finished the regular season 19-11 and have a "Region 18 Tournament" scheduled for March 4-6 as part of the JuCo playoffs.

http://athletics.csi.edu/custompages/Men's%20Basketball/20092010/statistics/mgame30.htm

Carrick had 19 points and 7 rebounds in their final regular season game.

sdotbarbee
03-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Based on his team's schedule, probably won't be visiting this weekend.

College of Southern Idaho finished the regular season 19-11 and have a "Region 18 Tournament" scheduled for March 4-6 as part of the JuCo playoffs.

http://athletics.csi.edu/custompages/Men's%20Basketball/20092010/statistics/mgame30.htm

Carrick had 19 points and 7 rebounds in their final regular season game.

On his facebook page he said that his toe is swollen and he can't walk on it. He can't see the doc until tomorrow, so I don't know if he hurt it in his last game or not.

stickdog
03-01-2010, 05:00 PM
Magic Valley Times-News (http://www.magicvalley.com/sports/article_2258ee6a-90cf-5fac-b71b-48482987c610.html)

CSI (19-12, 11-9 Scenic West Athletic Conference) trailed just 48-47 with 17:04 to play when Carrick Felix took a lobbed inbounds pass from Pierre Jackson and threw it through the rim. But CEU answered with a three-point play by Jonathan Mills and then had consecutive steals and breakaway scores to ignite the run, which put the visitors up 64-49 with 14:21 remaining. CSI never threatened again as Eastern Utah (21-9, 14-6 SWAC) wrapped up the No. 2 seed and a first-round bye for the region tourney, which it will host this Thursday through Saturday.

enick66
03-04-2010, 12:30 PM
According to Quincy Miller, he and Deuce Bello going to Louisville game versus Syracuse. I know he has visited a few times, but not coming for UNC a bummer. Here is his tweet -

qmillertime Me and my bro @deucebello headed to Louisville, Ky this weekend..leegggooo!! I'm not even gonna tell him what's in store!! Hahah

duke=legacy
03-04-2010, 01:24 PM
I thought Q said he would be at the duke game. Now im confused.

On his formspring page:

You going to be at Cameron next Saturday night? GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by 14duke

hopefully

(yesterday)

moonpie23
03-04-2010, 01:30 PM
i thought we were no longer on his list.....why would he come to this game?

duke=legacy
03-04-2010, 01:42 PM
i thought we were no longer on his list.....why would he come to this game?

where did u hear that?

I thought we were very much on his list.

airowe
03-04-2010, 03:32 PM
@deucebello Bro we need to go to that Duke/UNC game..that's what I really wana see..u already know who about to take a L lol

enick66
03-05-2010, 10:28 AM
@deucebello Bro we need to go to that Duke/UNC game..that's what I really wana see..u already know who about to take a L lol

I know we haven't offered Bello, but are we close to doing so? Seems like him and Q could be a package deal and I get the impression he likes Duke alot. Also heard that he is crazy athletic.

Class of '94
03-05-2010, 03:19 PM
Does anyone know if Austin Rivers' HS team won and is playing in the state finals this Saturday night?

roywhite
03-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Does anyone know if Austin Rivers' HS team won and is playing in the state finals this Saturday night?

Believe the semifinals are tonight 3/5 and finals 3/6
Winter Park (Austin's team) plays Anderson in the semi-finals.

ChicagoCrazy84
03-05-2010, 03:32 PM
where did u hear that?

I thought we were very much on his list.

Probably confused with Michael Gilchrist. Q is still at the top of our list and we're probably not too far off with him.

enick66
03-05-2010, 03:34 PM

Looks like semi-final game tonight at 7 and if they win they are in the championships tomorrow at 7. http://www.fhsaa.org/bbb/2010/brak6.htm

Tim1515
03-05-2010, 03:54 PM
just my opinion but i don't see any way Quincy ends up at Duke. Here is a recent video. Great talent...but when was the last time you saw a Duke kid acting this way on the court?

http://www.blip.tv/file/3298518

dcarp23
03-05-2010, 03:57 PM
just my opinion but i don't see any way Quincy ends up at Duke. Here is a recent video. Great talent...but when was the last time you saw a Duke kid acting this way on the court?

Chris Collins?

CrazieDUMB
03-05-2010, 04:07 PM

Brand and Maggette come to mind. At the same time, his attitude reminds me a lot of Lance. I agree it doesn't totally jibe with the image Duke has created for itself, though. Hopefully he'll get over that and decide to come here because it's a good place for him, basketball wise.

Tim1515
03-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Brand?...really

Huh?
03-05-2010, 04:14 PM

Pretty much everytime JJ hit a 3 and held his hand up all the way down the court or shook his head to the crowd or put out 3 fingers on each hand and smirked. Or when Dhantey Jones dunked on that UVA guy and then did pushups. Or when Nolan Smith dunked on someone in the Garden last year and held both of his hands up to the crowd.......Then

http://sportsguru09.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/jj_redick.jpg

BD80
03-05-2010, 04:51 PM

If you are talking attitude, no Duke players come immediately to mind, except for Kyle, Nolan, JJ, Dahntay, Elton, Carlos, Corey, and Christian. That last sound bite about shutting an opponent down I think is spoken in the Duke lockerroom each and every game.

As for a 6'9" player with a break-your-ankles cross-over, not really.

His handle and his shooting stroke (a bit low in front of his face) reminds me a lot of of Grant - but his lift is nowhere close to Grant.

I would love his attitude (and game) at Duke!

Bsim412
03-05-2010, 05:00 PM
So what recruits will be at the game? :D

Huh?
03-05-2010, 05:25 PM
haha, It's so easy to get off topic on this board....

The only recruits for sure are Kyrie, Thornton, Hairston, Shabazz Muhammed. I'm sure I'm missing someone, but I believe they are the ones confirmed.

Tim1515
03-05-2010, 05:38 PM
It is always interesting to me how fans find every reason in the world to defend a player when we are still in his recruitment. At the same time when they go elsewhere those same traits quickly seem unflattering. Guys like Bledsoe and Wall come to mind. Even Barnes has received a lot of flack from Duke fans.

Quincy falls into that list. I know people may jump all over this comment but the quicker Duke fans come to grips with the fact Quincy will not be coming to Duke the better.

There are plenty of other targets out there and the staff is looking...

airowe
03-05-2010, 05:59 PM
haha, It's so easy to get off topic on this board....

The only recruits for sure are Kyrie, Thornton, Hairston, Shabazz Muhammed. I'm sure I'm missing someone, but I believe they are the ones confirmed.

Thornton will be playing a game tomorrow night I believe.

AlaskanAssassin
03-05-2010, 06:51 PM
Quincy Twitter:

@cardinaldoc I'm attending the game and yes y'all are definitely on my list!

In response to a cardinal fan. Well, that confirms it, he is definitely not attending Duke/UNC game.

-bdbd
03-05-2010, 08:57 PM
It is always interesting to me how fans find every reason in the world to defend a player when we are still in his recruitment. At the same time when they go elsewhere those same traits quickly seem unflattering. Guys like Bledsoe and Wall come to mind. Even Barnes has received a lot of flack from Duke fans.

Quincy falls into that list. I know people may jump all over this comment but the quicker Duke fans come to grips with the fact Quincy will not be coming to Duke the better.

Speaking of nice attitudes dude...
Look, this is a VERY talented kid being pumped up in the middle of a game. The "I will destroy them" attitude was, arguably, the single most defining trait of one of our most accomplished palyers ever -- Christian L. Q's charisma actually reminds me a lot of Tinker Bell (Banks) or maybe Corey Magette (slapping backboards mid-dunk, screaming out after a great play, etc.). Your apparent judgement that he couldn't "fit in" at Duke is (A) Very condescending sounding, and (B) Wrong. You sell K and staff way short on their willingness to allow exuberance and expressiveness in our program.

The earlier poster mentions Elton Brand, who I don't see really resembling Q, but is another example of a kid - a very poor and talented kid from "the projects" in New York -- many pessimists like you said "He'll never go to Duke" all the way to signing day... Now he's one of the best ever to have put on a Duke uni. And a great guy too.

Hopefully we'll be lucky enough for Q to see his way into a royal blue uniform. We'd be very lucky. And most of us here would be thrilled.

duke=legacy
03-05-2010, 09:03 PM
No AR tomorrow.

roywhite
03-05-2010, 09:09 PM
Speaking of nice attitudes dude...
Look, this is a VERY talented kid being pumped up in the middle of a game. The "I will destroy them" attitude was, arguably, the single most defining trait of one of our most accomplished palyers ever -- Christian L. Q's charisma actually reminds me a lot of Tinker Bell (Banks) or maybe Corey Magette (slapping backboards mid-dunk, screaming out after a great play, etc.). Your apparent judgement that he couldn't "fit in" at Duke is (A) Very condescending sounding, and (B) Wrong. You sell K and staff way short on their willingness to allow exuberance and expressiveness in our program.....
Hopefully we'll be lucky enough for Q to see his way into a royal blue uniform. We'd be very lucky. And most of us here would be thrilled.

I'm okay with the outgoing personality, even tending toward flamboyance or cockiness, but choosing a trip to Louisville over a Duke/Carolina game??:confused:

Sgt. Dingleberry
03-05-2010, 10:54 PM
The earlier poster mentions Elton Brand, who I don't see really resembling Q, but is another example of a kid - a very poor and talented kid from "the projects" in New York -- many pessimists like you said "He'll never go to Duke" all the way to signing day... Now he's one of the best ever to have put on a Duke uni. And a great guy too.

Correct me if I am wrong, but as a Yankee, I always heard Elton was from Peekskill, NY...It's not paradise, but is definitely not the projects...

-jk
03-05-2010, 11:01 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but as a Yankee, I always heard Elton was from Peekskill, NY...It's not paradise, but is definitely not the projects...

Elton grew up in Dunbar Heights, by most definitions an old-school housing project.

-jk

airowe
03-05-2010, 11:16 PM
I'm okay with the outgoing personality, even tending toward flamboyance or cockiness, but choosing a trip to Louisville over a Duke/Carolina game??:confused:

The WWW influence is strong with Quincy's circle.

Sgt. Dingleberry
03-05-2010, 11:40 PM
Gotcha...thanks for the info...

DevilHorns
03-05-2010, 11:43 PM

This isn't fair. There are many fans (for any team) that have and would act in this way.

For what I have seen on this board, people would have disliked Barnes' skype theatrics even if he had chosen Duke.

HCheek37
03-06-2010, 02:36 AM
Kyrie got a nice standing O from the crazies tonight as Coach K talked to us.....also in attendance tonight: Matt Leinart, Mike Dunleavy

confirmed for tomorrow: Lee Melchionni and Christian Laettner

oldnavy
03-06-2010, 07:50 AM

You are right, when was the last time we saw that swagger on the court? I say it has been too long. I saw nothing wrong with anything he did in that video. He looked like a young man that was having fun playing a game. I saw excitement, a little cockiness, and a whole bunch of talent. What I did not see was him trying to show anyone up or any punkish attitude. Smack talk? I hope that you are not put off by that, because if you are then we would not be able to recruit any of the top players. They all do it, it is part of the game today. I am not saying that I like it particularly but it is there. Do you honestly think that Coach K would shy away from this kid because of his exuberance? The real question is what kind of kid is he off the court? If he is a good kid, with good grades, then he would be at Duke as fast and K can get his signature on a LOI.

And if I remember correctly, he is the big Duke fan, UNC hater is he not? I would love to see him come to Duke and kick UNC’s behind for 2-3 years.

How many games has he been to at Duke already? Maybe he isn't coming because he knows that he will be seeing many, many game in CIS over the next couple of years from the court. One can hope can one not?

airowe
03-06-2010, 10:29 AM
Kyrie got a nice standing O from the crazies tonight as Coach K talked to us.....also in attendance tonight: Matt Leinart, Mike Dunleavy

confirmed for tomorrow: Lee Melchionni and Christian Laettner

Matt Leinart made an appearance?!?

yancem
03-06-2010, 10:45 AM

First off, I didn't see anything wrong with his on court demeanor. Secondly, did you ever watch JJ Reddick play? How about Chris Collins, Wojo, Hurley, Brian Davis, or Laettner to name a few.

Devil07
03-06-2010, 11:01 AM
No AR tomorrow.

Just in case this got skipped over, Winter Park did win (http://www.maxpreps.com/contests/_bykBm66QECsVQxZ4hbnYw/basketball-winter-09-10/boxscore-anderson-lauderdale-lakes-vs-winter-park-winter-park.htm) last night and will be playing tonight at 7pm in the state championship. Congrats to Austin but got to admit I'm disappointed that he won't be able to make it for the game. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he was able to make a game in Cameron this year. It seems like this is a delicate situation anyway, but it would have been nice for him to see what Cameron's like for a big-time game environment.

Devilsfan
03-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Says a lot to me. He's in the State Championship game. He has a chance to go to Duke over a state school known primarily for football. Hope's he's smart enough to know what a Duke education is worth.

Devilsfan
03-06-2010, 01:08 PM
Wish HB could be there tonight to see how "his" team plays.

Cameron
03-06-2010, 01:13 PM
First off, I didn't see anything wrong with his on court demeanor. Secondly, did you ever watch JJ Reddick play? How about Chris Collins, Wojo, Hurley, Brian Davis, or Laettner to name a few.

Clearly, he didn't. Because those guys (sans maybe Wojo) were college basketball Reggie Millers, John Starks', Larry Birds. They had that brash on-court personality and the games to put the money were there mouths were.

Frankly, I'd like to see more of that. I love what Kyle brings to the table already, but I'd even like to see his on-court demeanor taken to another level. Maybe not to the Bill "Lamb" level, but the Christian level. Good teams have confidence. Great teams have a combination of confidence and arrogance.

Franzez
03-06-2010, 01:41 PM

I agree. Its hard to believe that a guy from one of the notorious North Carolina christian schools in terms of them "prepping" troubled/academically chalenged basketball players would end up at Duke.

Its a reason why The Patterson School was in our backyard and we never looked inside.

Franzez
03-06-2010, 01:51 PM
Im glad somebody else mentioned this.

Quincy has been a "done deal" to John Calipari for awhile, just like John Wall when I was trying to explain to some of the Duke fans who had "gut feelings" that Wall would pick Duke.

WWW is a Nikerunner who brings his influence via money and other perks to families at some of the AAU events, in return for his support and guidance these kids go to play for Calipari, and then are represented by WWW's friend, Leon Rose, who is the agent for LeBron James amongst several others as the head of the sports division of Creative Artists Agency. Very simple.

Just like the top player in 2011 Mike Gilchrist, he has a close personal connection to both Leon Rose & World Wide Wes long before he became a top basketball player, and will pick Kentucky.

I honestly dont care if one of the Mods deletes this post. This is the truth in regards to college basketball in the 21st century, and most others know the whole story behind it.

MChambers
03-07-2010, 08:59 AM
Hope the recruits enjoyed the game, especially those that are considering both schools.

grossbus
03-07-2010, 09:09 AM
i think amber henson, women's recruit and john henson's sister, was supposed to be there.

billy
03-07-2010, 11:17 AM
Hope the recruits enjoyed the game, especially those that are considering both schools.

I noticed Stickland pointing and smiling towards the recruits behind our bench (isn't he the one who advised Irving not to choose Duke?) with them smiling and pointing back at him. This occurred immediately after the anthem, before the game. It may speak to part of the reason heels have struggled (lack of focus)...

G man
03-07-2010, 12:10 PM
The only I guy i could see behind the bench was Kyrie. Who ended up at the game?

WiJoe
03-07-2010, 12:45 PM
Could someone PLEASE cut to the chase and list the recruits who saw the *ss-whupping in person were.

If that means someone who subscribes to the pay sites can just copy and past the names, please JUST DO IT.

houstondukie
03-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Could someone PLEASE cut to the chase and list the recruits who saw the *ss-whupping in person were.

If that means someone who subscribes to the pay sites can just copy and past the names, please JUST DO IT.

FINAL LIST:

Kyrie Irving
Joshua Hairston
Mike Gbinijie
Michael Haynes
Shabazz Muhammad

G man
03-07-2010, 01:11 PM
anyone at the game catch the unsigned players reactions?

DevilHorns
03-07-2010, 01:14 PM
There was a "Kyrie... this will all be yours" sign. Awesome.

Class of '94
03-07-2010, 01:17 PM
FINAL LIST:

Kyrie Irving
Joshua Hairston
Mike Gbinijie
Michael Haynes
Shabazz Muhammad

Can someone let me know if I am reading too much into this.....But with his no show for this game and his appearance in Chapel Hill for the Duke-Carolina game, does it mean that Tokoto is a Carolina lean? I remember reading earlier somewhere that he liked UNC and Williams.

G man
03-07-2010, 01:19 PM
Can someone let me know if I am reading too much into this.....But with his no show for this game and his appearance in Chapel Hill for the Duke-Carolina game, does it mean that Tokoto is a Carolina lean? I remember reading earlier somewhere that he liked UNC and Williams.

I feel the same way things with Tokoto are not getting of to a good start. Lets hope that the struggles continue, and he wont want to play for a bad team.

Eternal Outlaw
03-07-2010, 01:22 PM

His team had a game in the Wisconsin high school tournament. Looks like he scored 20 in a 76-75 win.

rotogod00
03-07-2010, 01:24 PM
I feel the same way things with Tokoto are not getting of to a good start. Lets hope that the struggles continue, and he wont want to play for a bad team.

unfortunately, by the time he needs to make a decision, the heels will more than likely be a good (if not great) team

MChambers
03-07-2010, 01:31 PM
FINAL LIST:

Kyrie Irving
Joshua Hairston
Mike Gbinijie
Michael Haynes
Shabazz Muhammad

Interesting that he was back for a second game. Wonder if that is a good sign?

username
03-07-2010, 01:40 PM
unfortunately, by the time he needs to make a decision, the heels will more than likely be a good (if not great) team

I raed an old article where J.P. said he would make his decision after his sophmore season. If that's true, I think we have a really good chance.

towerview road
03-07-2010, 01:51 PM
Anyone know why Matt Leinart was there?

What's his connection to Duke?

DevilHorns
03-07-2010, 01:56 PM
Anyone know why Matt Leinart was there?

What's his connection to Duke?

Is he on Dancing with the stars with Erin Andrews.... I was half listening but she was talking about that pre-game I think?

Devil in the Blue Dress
03-07-2010, 03:12 PM
Is he on Dancing with the stars with Erin Andrews.... I was half listening but she was talking about that pre-game I think?

Matt Leinart is not among the stars for the next season.

Maksim Chmerkovskiy, Erin's professional dance partner, was at court side with her.

weezie
03-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Did Irving have a White Sox hat on?

And Leinart is one handsome guy, wow!

Devilsfan
03-07-2010, 03:55 PM
He probably was looking for Coach Cutt as he just might be the starter next season and most likely wants some good coaching. Kidding, maybe.

Welcome2DaSlopes
03-07-2010, 03:59 PM
Maybe he just wanted to enjoy a good beatdown. Duke, Unc is also a great game to watch.

JohnGalt
03-07-2010, 05:15 PM
I was wondering the same thing...Why in the world was Matt Leinart in Cameron? Any idea?

jjasper0729
03-07-2010, 05:18 PM
said a friend of his went to duke and had tickets to the game so he came out to it

WiJoe
03-07-2010, 06:38 PM
Tokoto had a state tournament game Saturday and could not work out his visit. I wouldn't panic. He saw Duke, I believe, at Wisconsin as a guest of the Badgers and at the school down the road as a guest of Huck.

I think the expectation he will commit after this season is off base.

I know the first paragraph to be fact. I'm not positive about the second paragraph.

It's still REAL early in the process.

Daniel tosh
03-07-2010, 08:05 PM
FINAL LIST:

Kyrie Irving
Joshua Hairston
Mike Gbinijie
Michael Haynes
Shabazz Muhammad

2011 Recruit TJ Warren was also in attendance.I don't have any info on him but if any one else does please share.

Devilsfan
03-07-2010, 09:44 PM
I would have paid to have HB there so he could witness first hand the play of his future teammates.

RainingThrees
03-07-2010, 09:54 PM
I would have paid to have HB there so he could witness first hand the play of his future teammates.

Its safe to say he will have the ball in his hands from day oine. Roy wants the ball anywhere but in this current groups control.

DukeGirl4ever
03-07-2010, 10:09 PM
I saw in another post that MP3 was there behind the bench...which would be obvious....was he there as a recruit, though?

airowe
03-07-2010, 10:18 PM
2011 Recruit TJ Warren was also in attendance.I don't have any info on him but if any one else does please share.

He's actually a 2012 Wing Forward (Yet another one we're recruiting) form Durham.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=4358044

airowe
03-07-2010, 10:19 PM
Its safe to say he will have the ball in his hands from day oine. Roy wants the ball anywhere but in this current groups control.

No wing forward has the ball in their hands very often in roy's system. Unless Hairy Barns is playing point guard or center, he's going to have to fight for his touches...

RainingThrees
03-07-2010, 10:31 PM
No wing forward has the ball in their hands very often in roy's system. Unless Hairy Barns is playing point guard or center, he's going to have to fight for his touches...

This is true. Jason Kidd err I mean Kendall Marshall will have the ball in his hands. I have a feeling Marshall isn't the pg UNC is looking for though. Roy relies on speed and while Marshall is a great passer, he is not fast.

ChicagoCrazy84
03-08-2010, 12:15 AM

No way Harrison would have been in attendance at CIS. He would've been murdered (literally speaking) by the Crazies. That would be pretty funny though had he been.

ikiru36
03-08-2010, 12:38 AM
No way Harrison would have been in attendance at CIS. He would've been murdered (literally speaking) by the Crazies. That would be pretty funny though had he been.

"literally speaking"????

C'mon, we're not Maryland fans.

But the figurative "killing" would have been enjoyable to witness. :D

Go Duke!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Blue Devils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GTHCGTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike Corey
03-08-2010, 12:48 AM
This is true. Jason Kidd err I mean Kendall Marshall will have the ball in his hands. I have a feeling Marshall isn't the pg UNC is looking for though. Roy relies on speed and while Marshall is a great passer, he is not fast.

I just hope that for Roy's sake, Marshall doesn't challenge the NBA rule and go pro early. Despite his medicore foot speed, he passes with more oomph than Peter Griffin does gas.

As to H. Barnes, reports out of Iowa indicate that he was gesticulating in anger while watching some of his future teammates (many of them may be gone) play like their heels had been dipped in tar as the Blue Devils ran circles around them from beginning to end.

SupaDave
03-08-2010, 09:43 AM
I just hope that for Roy's sake, Marshall doesn't challenge the NBA rule and go pro early. Despite his medicore foot speed, he passes with more oomph than Peter Griffin does gas.

As to H. Barnes, reports out of Iowa indicate that he was gesticulating in anger while watching some of his future teammates (many of them may be gone) play like their heels had been dipped in tar as the Blue Devils ran circles around them from beginning to end.

Funny! I've been wondering to myself if he was gonna bring a janitor's work ethic to next year's team b/c they are gonna need some cleaning up. Does he have it in him to make this team believe in him?

60's Devil
03-08-2010, 11:17 AM

I have seen several references to WWW. Would someone please explain what that is.

CrazieDUMB
03-08-2010, 11:28 AM
I have seen several references to WWW. Would someone please explain what that is.

It's a typo. He meant WoW (world of warcraft, the most popular influence amongst teen super-athletes)

allenmurray
03-08-2010, 11:32 AM

Worldwide Wes (William Wesley). He is a person of questionable integrity who associates with programs of questionable integrity to broker deals of questionable integrity. Google him at your own risk (I would assume anything associated with his name will put all sorts of nasty viruses in your computer)

SoCalDukeFan
03-08-2010, 11:44 AM
Worldwide Wes (William Wesley). He is a person of questionable integrity who associates with programs of questionable integrity to broker deals of questionable integrity. Google him at your own risk (I would assume anything associated with his name will put all sorts of nasty viruses in your computer)

and googled him.

http://www.gq.com/sports/profiles/200706/william-wesley-worldwide-wes-nba-basketball

http://www.gq.com/sports/profiles/200706/william-wesley-worldwide-wes-nba-basketball

Wes is associated with Nike. He seems to steer top prospects to Nike schools. Most prominently Nike schools coached by John Calipari. He is also close with Lebron James' agent. The top prospects are then potential clients for Lebron's agent when they "turn pro," if they are not already pro. He is now going to be an agent for coaches. This is very disturbing. An AD hiring a coach may have to decide if they want to hire one of Wes' clients or never get one of his players.

SoCal

SoCalDukeFan
03-08-2010, 11:49 AM
Who pays for the travel/lodging/tickets for recruits and commits to come to the UNC game?

SoCal

airowe
03-08-2010, 12:07 PM
Who pays for the travel/lodging/tickets for recruits and commits to come to the UNC game?

SoCal

Not Duke unless its an Official Visit, which can only be taken in the Senior Year and are typically done outside of high school basketball season (in the Fall.)