PDA

View Full Version : MBB: Notre Dame 78, (13) Georgetown 64

ChrisP
02-27-2010, 02:18 PM
Dog and cats living together! Peanut butter & jelly in the same jar! What is this world coming to?!?

I got no love for GT but...kinda makes our beatdown at their hands look almost as bad as losing to a TRULY bad team. You know someone like...say...NC State or something.

Weird.

chrisheery
02-27-2010, 02:57 PM
Notre Dame is peaking at the right time. They looked good. As much as I disliked his brother, little Hansblo has some game.

Rich
02-27-2010, 03:01 PM
I've been following Georgetown all season and they are as inconsistent a team as any in the country. They truly can beat anyone or lose to anyone on any given day. They will just as easily upset someone as be upset in the tourney.

D.C. Devil
02-27-2010, 03:38 PM
Today the root of their problems was that Austin Freeman was playing ill -- like Bobby Hurley in the 90 championship game ill. He played some minutes but he was largely ineffective.

But, I was at the game today and I can tell you that an ailing Freeman was hardly their only problem. There are no seniors on the team and today it really showed -- they played with no emotion and were constantly beaten to loose balls and rebounds, especially on their defensive end.

This team is prone to letdowns like this, but when they get up for a game they can really get after it. I just wish they (and their often-silent fans) cared more about league play than their non-rival Duke. Even a 27% fg shooting Duke would have handed GU their lunch today.

Oh, and Hansbrough is just as big of a doofus & spaz as his older brother.

El_Diablo
02-27-2010, 03:39 PM
Maybe their short rotation is causing the players to become "gassed" at the end of the season. You know, like every talking head has said about Duke the past couple years...