PDA

View Full Version : Calipari And Winning The SEC # 2

NYC Duke Fan
02-27-2010, 02:44 AM
When asked if winning the SEC regular season was important, Calipari said ," no". According to Calipari , winning the SEC regular season and SEC tournament was only for seeding purposes in the NCAA tournament, that is all.

Any thoughts on this ?

Bob Green
02-27-2010, 05:26 AM
Any thoughts on this ?

I disagree with Calipari. And I'm glad Coach Krzyzewski employs the opposite philosopy. For Duke, winning the ACC regular season and ACC Tournament are important team goals just like winning the NIT Season Tip-Off title was an impportant goal.

As a Duke fan, I desire to see Duke strive to win every game, every tournament, everything! When they win, I rejoice! When they lose, I am sad and then I say "next game."

CameronBornAndBred
02-27-2010, 08:51 AM
When asked if winning the SEC regular season was important, Calipari said ," no". According to Calipari , winning the SEC regular season and SEC tournament was only for seeding purposes in the NCAA tournament, that is all.

Any thoughts on this ?
I'm looking forward to the day that Calipari eats his words like Ol' Roy has. Recruit a stellar class, watch them all leave, have a few injuries, and that regular season and conference tourney become pretty damn important.

TampaDuke
02-27-2010, 10:21 AM

Any thoughts on this ?

Can't say I'm surprised at his view. Apparently, to Calipari it's also not important if your final four runs remain valid afterward.

weezie
02-27-2010, 10:43 AM
Apparently, to Calipari it's also not important if your final four runs remain valid afterward.

Yeah, it kinda makes you wonder, for about a split second, just what is important to the calster.

ScreechTDX1847
02-27-2010, 10:49 AM
Calipari the used car saleman of D1 coaches. Nothing about the gu seems auhtentic in any way. I can't wait for this years wins to be vacated.:D