PDA

View Full Version : DBR forum player poster comparsion

Osiagledknarf
02-23-2010, 04:01 PM
Alright, I thought I would try this in here. In this thread, nominate a regular poster from this forum to be DBR's version of a current Duke Blue Devil. If enough people back the vote for this person, then he can be known as that player. For example, if I were to nominate Dukeusul as Nolan Smith , and others agreed with me, then he would be known as that player. Simple stuff. I'll update everything in this post. So, without further adieu, nominate away!

Mods please don't move this to the OT thread.

jv001
02-23-2010, 04:08 PM
Nominate Jumbo for Jon Scheyer..Both know the college basketball game inside and out. Go Jumbo, Jon and Go Duke!

calltheobvious
Alright, I thought I would try this in here. In this thread, nominate a regular poster from this forum to be DBR's version of a current Duke Blue Devil. If enough people back the vote for this person, then he can be known as that player. For example, if I were to nominate Dukeusul as Nolan Smith , and others agreed with me, then he would be known as that player. Simple stuff. I'll update everything in this post. So, without further adieu, nominate away!

Mods please don't move this to the OT thread.

Clearly low-hanging fruit, but nevertheless...

Ozzie, our emotional leader, is definitely Lance.
And Jason Evans has to be Jon, since his post count demonstrates that he never comes out of the game.

wilko
WTH?
Ohh.. we have more posters than players, so this will close out fast..
Sure.. ok I'll play along if we were to expand part the current roster.

I nominate me for Marty Clark or Danny Meagher.

DukeUsul
02-23-2010, 04:11 PM
Well I am 6'2". :D

Good luck with this. The mods have a history of shutting down previous threads with "meta-discussion" of what other posters are like. They don't want to risk someone says "I nominate Jumbo to be Seth Greenberg!" - I keed I keed! :D

hurleyfor3
02-23-2010, 04:12 PM
I think the OP is interested in isomorphisms to current Duke players.

As a mod, I think I'm OK with this concept for now, and I am certainly all for associating oneself with Duke players past or present. But we wouldn't be keen on it devolving into a popularity contest ("You're not Scheyer, I am!!!"). Thanks for understanding.

Osiagledknarf
02-23-2010, 04:25 PM
Clearly low-hanging fruit, but nevertheless...

Ozzie, our emotional leader, is definitely Lance.
And Jason Evans has to be Jon, since his post count demonstrates that he never comes out of the game.

What?

Jumbo
02-23-2010, 04:47 PM
Well I am 6'2". :D

Good luck with this. The mods have a history of shutting down previous threads with "meta-discussion" of what other posters are like. They don't want to risk someone says "I nominate Jumbo to be Seth Greenberg!" - I keed I keed! :D

I nominate Jumbo to be Seth Greenberg.

DukieInKansas
02-23-2010, 04:48 PM
I nominate Jumbo to be Seth Greenberg.

You look like Lurch?

Jumbo
02-23-2010, 04:51 PM
You look like Lurch?

I wish. This is the closest (http://www.bigfoothunting.com/images/patterson_bigfoot.jpg) anyone has come to getting a clear photo of me.

BlueintheFace
02-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Can we self nominate? If so, Patrick "Diddy" Davidson or Nick "Summer Lovin" Horvath

calltheobvious
02-23-2010, 04:54 PM
What?

Just meant that I thought those two were pretty obvious. I certainly think the topic is a neat idea.

El_Diablo
02-23-2010, 05:01 PM
Zoubek is jumbo.
So Jumbo is Zoubek.

devil84
02-23-2010, 05:09 PM
Y'all, there's plenty of really good basketball to discuss at this time, with our Duke team ranked in the top 5 going into the last leg of the regular season (with the added bonus that Carolina is nowhere to be found in the polls). Let's focus on the basketball.

We've had these popularity-kinda things before, and while they sound like fun, it invariably leads to hurt feelings. All posters are important here. DBR just doesn't do popularity polls.

Thanks for understanding.