PDA

View Full Version : Two cheers for the Crazies at the Heels game

GODUKEGO
02-22-2010, 01:43 PM
Guys and Gals make them feel at home by chanting their names...

http://bluedevilinsider.wordpress.com/2010/02/18/shabazz-muhammad-set-to-visit-duke-for-unc-game/

SharkD
02-23-2010, 12:13 PM
Um... I do believe you're advocating a recruiting violation.

Let's refrain from that, mmmkay?

oldnavy
02-23-2010, 03:46 PM
Um... I do believe you're advocating a recruiting violation.

Let's refrain from that, mmmkay?

How on earth could chanting a recruits name at a basketball game be considered a violation? They will be sitting inside CIS for goodness sakes, are we supposed to ignore them, avoid eye contact or not speak? I would like to know which rule chanting a player's name would violate. If they are attending a game, then there is obviously contact being made with the recruit. I have to believe that the contact with the coaches and players and staff and yes fans is authorized during that time frame... if not then we have bigger issues than chanting a name.

bluepenguin
02-23-2010, 03:55 PM
How on earth could chanting a recruits name at a basketball game be considered a violation? They will be sitting inside CIS for goodness sakes, are we supposed to ignore them, avoid eye contact or not speak? I would like to know which rule chanting a player's name would violate. If they are attending a game, then there is obviously contact being made with the recruit. I have to believe that the contact with the coaches and players and staff and yes fans is authorized during that time frame... if not then we have bigger issues than chanting a name.
Really. I thought we always chanted the recruit's name at a game. Heck we even go after family. Didn't we chant at the Harvard game a number of years back "We want your brother" to the brother (playing for Harvard) of Danny Ferry (who we were recruiting)?

oldnavy
02-23-2010, 04:10 PM
Really. I thought we always chanted the recruit's name at a game. Heck we even go after family. Didn't we chant at the Harvard game a number of years back "We want your brother" to the brother (playing for Harvard) of Danny Ferry (who we were recruiting)?

I think that someone is confusing the rules that prohibit fan/supporter during black out periods, facebook, twitter, etc...

The whole idea of visiting a campus for a game or an OV is to get to know the people there and see if it is a good fit. That would be hard to establish if no one could speak to you...

weezie
02-23-2010, 05:05 PM
Anybody remember the cheer, "We want Webber!" As Christian was spanking young Shaquille?

uncwdevil
02-23-2010, 06:53 PM
I have it on good authority that "the Presbyterian fan" will be sitting directly behind Ol' Roy when UNC comes to Cameron in a week and a half.

DukieInKansas
02-23-2010, 07:12 PM
I have it on good authority that "the Presbyterian fan" will be sitting directly behind Ol' Roy when UNC comes to Cameron in a week and a half.

YEAH! I was hoping this would happen. Since a lot of what happens in the crowd does not translate to TV, I hope those in attendance share the best antics that occur.

GTH, C, GTH! 9F! 9F! 9F!

SharkD
02-24-2010, 04:11 PM
I think that someone is confusing the rules that prohibit fan/supporter during black out periods, facebook, twitter, etc...

I stand corrected. I remembered how some FB postings and fan signs got a couple of programs into hot water and didn't realize that it's only during certain circumstances that it's an issue.

If I could delete my earlier post, I would. But I can't.

oldnavy
02-24-2010, 04:15 PM
I stand corrected. I remembered how some FB postings and fan signs got a couple of programs into hot water and didn't realize that it's only during certain circumstances that it's an issue.

If I could delete my earlier post, I would. But I can't.

No need to apologize. How anyone can keep up with the NCAA rules on recruiting is beyond me. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised to find that they decide to implement such a rule in the future!

ivydevil
02-24-2010, 04:48 PM

I'm sure this will be a very emotional reunion for Roy. :D

Duke of Nashville
02-24-2010, 05:18 PM

I hope Huck's meltdown hits critical mass during this game and completely breaks down...I would go on further but I am at a loss of words to how much I hate Chapel Hell. Or maybe I should wait for the Status Check thread to reappear....

Huh?
02-24-2010, 05:25 PM

Is the Presbyterian fan really going to be there....behind Roy?
Please say it's true.

anon
02-24-2010, 11:20 PM
What about the whole Harrison Barnes thing earlier this year, when Duke officials / security guards confiscated "H40" paraphernalia?

uncwdevil
02-25-2010, 09:50 PM
Is the Presbyterian fan really going to be there....behind Roy?
Please say it's true.

I got some bad info before. He said he's not going to be able to make it up there. I agree that it would be hilarious though.

PumpkinFunk
02-25-2010, 10:15 PM
I can't say much because I've been sworn to secrecy, but one particular special guest (not a recruit) is... very interesting. I'm excited but also a bit apprehensive about this guest in the crowd.

Acymetric
02-25-2010, 10:32 PM
I can't say much because I've been sworn to secrecy, but one particular special guest (not a recruit) is... very interesting. I'm excited but also a bit apprehensive about this guest in the crowd.

When will those of us not in the game find out? Will we have to wait for someone at the game to report or is it the kind of thing the TV might pick up on?

Bluedevil114
02-25-2010, 10:41 PM
i can't say much because i've been sworn to secrecy, but one particular special guest (not a recruit) is... Very interesting. I'm excited but also a bit apprehensive about this guest in the crowd.

speedo man

PumpkinFunk
02-25-2010, 11:13 PM
When will those of us not in the game find out? Will we have to wait for someone at the game to report or is it the kind of thing the TV might pick up on?

Assuming that this person is actually at the game (my intel is quite old): I would be shocked if ESPN or Raycom don't pick this person up and show him/her. This person is that big.

-jk
02-26-2010, 12:07 AM
Assuming that this person is actually at the game (my intel is quite old): I would be shocked if ESPN or Raycom don't pick this person up and show him/her. This person is that big.

Jumbo is coming to Cameron?!

detule
02-26-2010, 08:32 AM
Jumbo is coming to Cameron?!

Jumbo is a big guy/gal?

uncwdevil
02-26-2010, 08:46 AM
Donald Trump?

A-Rod?

I wouldn't mind seeing The Donald in the stands. The last time he attended the Duke/UNC game in Cameron (2004) we went to the Final Four. They interviewed him and he said something like "that number 2 looks like a good player."

SharkD
02-26-2010, 08:54 AM
This person is that big. Sean May, in search of another Happy Meal?

blazindw
02-26-2010, 09:44 AM
Donald Trump?

A-Rod?

I wouldn't mind seeing The Donald in the stands. The last time he attended the Duke/UNC game in Cameron (2004) we went to the Final Four. They interviewed him and he said something like "that number 2 looks like a good player."

It was great for Trump to be seated near the line monitor section and having a section of the crowd start a "Donald Trump, Donald Wine!" chant. He gave me a thumbs up afterwards.