PDA

View Full Version : MBB: Duke-VT Pre-Game and In-Game Thread

whereinthehellami
02-18-2010, 10:20 AM
Here is a Duke-VT preview from Techsideline (http://blog.techsideline.com/?p=2849?PHPSESSID=8659cef6506b17036221904b2aea55f1 ).

This could be a good game. Seth has done a great job with VT this year. They lost alot last year and I thought they would struggle this year. Seth hasn't been able to recruit alot of blue chips to VT but he has done a great job getting the best talent he can with players that are tough as nails and who really buy into his system. Expect the Hokies to claw and fight on every possesion. With that said i expect the Hokies to have some guys in foul trouble and for Duke to hit enough shots for this to be a pretty easy win for Duke.

UrinalCake
02-18-2010, 11:06 AM
From the article: "Coach K has now won 1,001 D-1 basketball games"

Really? Well then break out the record books!

DukeUsul
02-18-2010, 11:13 AM
I enjoyed the article, thought it very fair. And then I saw that he gave Greenberg and K a "push" in the coaching comparison. Um...... yeah.

whereinthehellami
02-18-2010, 11:15 AM

Yeah that blogger (bourbonstreet) for their site has been known to miss a couple facts every now and then. He also has a style that rubs some people the wrong way. I like it though.

CDu
02-18-2010, 11:45 AM
I enjoyed the article, thought it very fair. And then I saw that he gave Greenberg and K a "push" in the coaching comparison. Um...... yeah.

Yeah, I'm not sure that "push" is appropriate there. Greenberg is an up-and-coming coach, but I think you have to give the edge to Coach K. Of course, his point may be that Greenberg is able to do more with less. So maybe it's not that ridiculous.

I'm not sure he's done the greatest job in the player evaluations. For example, Brad Miller is a pretty awful comp for Zoubek (Miller is much more of a face-up post player, where Zoubek is clearly a back to the basket guy). Also, he doesn't capture any of the benefits Thomas brings to the floor. He seems to think that (a) the Plumlees are twins and (b) Miles is also a freshman. And he has failed to notice that Miles has really disappeared since the Wake game, whereas Mason is starting to take on a bit more of a role lately.

But otherwise, it's not a terrible analysis. And I realize it's a lot more difficult to do a scouting report for a team that you don't follow regularly. The guy is very realistic that it will take an A+ game from VT to win at Duke, but optimisitic that we'll see one of their best games.

sagegrouse
02-18-2010, 11:49 AM
Mods: Suggest retitling "whereinthehellami's" thread to be MBB: Duke-VT Pre-Game Thread.

Duke seems to have matured as a team, wtih the second-half comeback against the 'Canes a welcome change from the State and Georgetown losses. Virginia Tech is also on a roll, having won four games, the last a second-half mugging of Wake.

Here are some questions that come to mind.

1. How physical a game will the officials allow? Duke-Wake was the roughest contest I have seen this year. And, I thought, that VT really did mug Wake in the second half Tuesday night without interference from the zebras.

2. Will Duke's front line, especially Zoubs, take advantage of a size disparity over VT?

3. Can our defense contain high-scoring Malcolm Delaney and the mobile forwards, Dorenzo Hudson and Jeff Allen?

sagegrouse

cptnflash
02-18-2010, 12:24 PM
This game is the beginning of the end for VT. I think they lose 3 out of their last 5 ACC games to finish a misleading 10-6... misleading because on top of their ridiculously easy non-conference schedule (one of the worst in the nation), they also lucked into what has turned out to be nearly the easiest possible conference schedule featuring one game each against us, Clemson, GT, Maryland, Wake, and FSU, but two games each against Miami, BC, NC State, UNC, and Virginia. Seriously, if you were intentionally constructing the easiest possible 16-game ACC schedule for them, what would you change? Their success is a mirage that will be exposed on Sunday. We win going away.

Kewlswim
02-18-2010, 01:12 PM
This game is the beginning of the end for VT. I think they lose 3 out of their last 5 ACC games to finish a misleading 10-6... misleading because on top of their ridiculously easy non-conference schedule (one of the worst in the nation), they also lucked into what has turned out to be nearly the easiest possible conference schedule featuring one game each against us, Clemson, GT, Maryland, Wake, and FSU, but two games each against Miami, BC, NC State, UNC, and Virginia. Seriously, if you were intentionally constructing the easiest possible 16-game ACC schedule for them, what would you change? Their success is a mirage that will be exposed on Sunday. We win going away.

Hi,

This sounds good to me. I like Duke wins going away.

GO DUKE!

whereinthehellami
02-18-2010, 01:27 PM
3. Can our defense contain high-scoring Malcolm Delaney and the mobile forwards, Dorenzo Hudson and Jeff Allen?

Delaney (2 iffy ankles) and Hudson (foot) aren't 100% which will factor in the game.

Yeah, I'm not sure that "push" is appropriate there. Greenberg is an up-and-coming coach, but I think you have to give the edge to Coach K. Of course, his point may be that Greenberg is able to do more with less. So maybe it's not that ridiculous.

I think that is the context the point was originally framed in. And I agree to an extent. I think VT has only 3 players that were ranked in the Top RSCI 100 (Delaney, Hudson, Allen) and I think they were more towards the 100 side.

Its not like VT had any say in the schedule. They have done the best with the games they have been given. But I agree with you to an extent, VT isn't as good as their schedule would indicate. On the other hand Delaney would start on any team in the ACC and Hudson would on most teams right now. Hudson is on fire and he plays a complete game. The Hokies have been down in alot of their games but always seem to battle back. They are tough and have been playing good team ball. With that said if they get down to Duke by double digits, i think Duke has the experience to put them away early.

hurleyfor3
02-18-2010, 01:52 PM

Also, he calls it Cameron Indoor Arena. But hey, it's just some dude's blog.

I originally wrote something about predicting a loss if the game were at vpi. Then I realized they lost at unc (the Dean Smith Arena?) and won the home game by only four. Their record is more bloated than I thought. We'll take care of business.

Exiled_Devil
02-18-2010, 02:01 PM

I thought that was cute on his part.

That was prolly because I found his grammar and vocabulary juvenile, but I do agree that it was very well stated review with a strong sense of objectivity. The points where I think he got it wrong - some player analysis - is more likely an oversight in information rather than an example of anti-Duke bias that is rife in blog posting.

Well done.

SilkyJ
02-18-2010, 03:14 PM
Mods: Suggest retitling "whereinthehellami's" thread to be MBB: Duke-VT Pre-Game Thread.

Here are some questions that come to mind.

1. How physical a game will the officials allow....

sagegrouse

I have but one question: Since you suggested retitling the thread, does that count as you officially starting it and thus continuing the streak? 'Cause if not, well, I'm not even gonna say it.

sagegrouse
02-18-2010, 03:22 PM
I have but one question: Since you suggested retitling the thread, does that count as you officially starting it and thus continuing the streak? 'Cause if not, well, I'm not even gonna say it.

I thought "whereinthehellami's" link was a good place to start, so I fell in behind.

I started the thread for Georgetown, so it isn't as if the streak is very long.

sagegrouse

BlueintheFace
02-18-2010, 03:44 PM
If we lose whereinthehellami is going to be in so much trouble. ;)

whereinthehellami
02-18-2010, 04:07 PM
If we lose whereinthehellami is going to be in so much trouble. ;)

No way. This was intentionally titled a preview thread, not a pre-game/in-game thread thread. its therefore on the mods.

As long as Duke stays focused on VT I see them taking care of business pretty easily. And Coach K is the best in the business at doing just that.

Greg_Newton
02-18-2010, 05:36 PM
I'm assuming it will be Nolan-->Delaney, Lance-->Allen, Scheyer-->Hudson, Kyle-->Bell and Z-->Davila?

Obviously the big one will be can Nolan contain Delaney... if he doesn't go for 30, it may be tough for them. Lance on Allen will also be worth watching, as Allen seems to be the kind of big, agile forward that can give us trouble. It was also be interesting to see how Scheyer can handle Hudson... Hudson is bigger and a better athlete, which is not who you want to be checking with a sore back.

Hopefully we dominate the boards in this one. They don't appear to have a major rotation player bigger than 6-8, so we should be able to exploit our height advantage (perhaps this is how UNC played them so well?). I do wonder whether Z will be able to hang with smaller, quicker forwards on defense though... he could be a huge asset if so, but I would guess we'll see more limited minutes from him.

SilkyJ
02-18-2010, 06:32 PM
I do wonder whether Z will be able to hang with smaller, quicker forwards on defense though... he could be a huge asset if so, but I would guess we'll see more limited minutes from him.

With our more agile big men (the MPs) not playing up to their potential, and Bryan maximizing his, I think K sticks with him, but maybe goes to the "Lance at the 5" lineup a little bit as well. I think recent history is a good indicator of that as K has stuck with Zoubs often in these situations, even if it wasn't the best matchup for Zoubs on D.

-jk
02-18-2010, 06:36 PM
No way. This was intentionally titled a preview thread, not a pre-game/in-game thread thread. its therefore on the mods.

As long as Duke stays focused on VT I see them taking care of business pretty easily. And Coach K is the best in the business at doing just that.

"Preview"? "Pre-game"?

It's just semantics. Expect a perma-ban if we lose. ;)

-jk

ChicagoCrazy84
02-18-2010, 07:25 PM
Here is a paragraph taken from Andy Katz' article on VaTech and their schedule. Coach Greenberg is trying to defend their schedule.

Here is his theory: he played on the road at two Big Ten schools, one on his own (Penn State) and one given to him by the Big Ten-ACC Challenge (Iowa); he played at an Atlantic Sun team (Campbell), hosted an SEC school (Georgia), played at a perennial A-10 contender (Temple, but actually at the Palestra in the Philadelphia Classic not on Temple's campus) and played a Big East school (Seton Hall) on a neutral court (Cancun, Mexico).

Greenberg is trying so hard to make it sound harder than it was. You played 2 Big Ten school on the road Seth?!?! Oh wait, they were the 2 worst in the conference...by quite a bit. At Campbell?!? Everyone fears the Camels! At home against a Georgia team that is in last place in the SEC East and 11-13 overall. I'll throw him a bone on the Temple game, but I don't think Temple will go any further than the 1st round on the tourney. Then of course Seton Hall in Mexico. Not that tough, Seton Hall is average and you went to OT against them. It is what it is Seth, not your fault that everyone underachieved, but still it's tough to say you've proven yourself. I can guarantee that they are using this game as motivation to be called "for real."

CDu
02-18-2010, 09:16 PM
Here is a paragraph taken from Andy Katz' article on VaTech and their schedule. Coach Greenberg is trying to defend their schedule.

Here is his theory: he played on the road at two Big Ten schools, one on his own (Penn State) and one given to him by the Big Ten-ACC Challenge (Iowa); he played at an Atlantic Sun team (Campbell), hosted an SEC school (Georgia), played at a perennial A-10 contender (Temple, but actually at the Palestra in the Philadelphia Classic not on Temple's campus) and played a Big East school (Seton Hall) on a neutral court (Cancun, Mexico).

Greenberg is trying so hard to make it sound harder than it was. You played 2 Big Ten school on the road Seth?!?! Oh wait, they were the 2 worst in the conference...by quite a bit. At Campbell?!? Everyone fears the Camels! At home against a Georgia team that is in last place in the SEC East and 11-13 overall. I'll throw him a bone on the Temple game, but I don't think Temple will go any further than the 1st round on the tourney. Then of course Seton Hall in Mexico. Not that tough, Seton Hall is average and you went to OT against them. It is what it is Seth, not your fault that everyone underachieved, but still it's tough to say you've proven yourself. I can guarantee that they are using this game as motivation to be called "for real."

Well, in fairness to Greenberg, what is supposed to do? He's not going to say "Yeah, ignore our record. We're not that good - we've just played a really easy schedule." This is a guy who feels like he's gotten jobbed out of the NCAA tournament in some recent years. So he's going to do anything he can to help make sure that it doesn't happen again this year.

VT has been fortunate to have played a very easy schedule. But they've also managed to not lose much against that easy schedule. They have an opportunity to silence the critics by winning in Cameron this weekend. I don't think they'll do it (I think we're just too good, especially at home). But if they win that one, I think they'll be a virtual lock for the tournament. Even if they lose, I think they've got a really good shot by winning their remaining home games and winning a game in the NCAA tourney.

But I won't bash Greenberg for talking up his schedule. You gotta do what you gotta do. I'm sure he knows his team has had a really cupcake schedule.

greybeard
02-19-2010, 12:19 AM
I think SG has ided the key questions.

I that Greenberg is a terrific coach. Generally, his teams play very exciting ball on the offensive end and aggressive defense that is designed to press tempo. Greenberg also is a great bench coach; probably a function of his extraordinary communication skills (I used to listen to him a lot on the radio before he came to VT) and his hard work with his players. Duke can play well and still lose this one. It will take a solid team effort and depend on how physical the refs let VT play.

hotbutteredseoul
02-19-2010, 12:33 AM
Obviously the big one will be can Nolan contain Delaney... if he doesn't go for 30, it may be tough for them.

This is where Zoub could really be an asset. Nolan will have to play Delaney's jumper, and Delaney is quick enough to really take advantage of that and get into the paint. We need some good intimidating help D in the lane. Sounds like a job for big Z.

What I'm worried about, though, is the combination of Delaney's ability to draw fouls and Zoub's ability to pick up fouls for breathing near driving guards.

CDu
02-19-2010, 01:17 AM
This is where Zoub could really be an asset. Nolan will have to play Delaney's jumper, and Delaney is quick enough to really take advantage of that and get into the paint. We need some good intimidating help D in the lane. Sounds like a job for big Z.

What I'm worried about, though, is the combination of Delaney's ability to draw fouls and Zoub's ability to pick up fouls for breathing near driving guards.

Yeah, Delaney is a concern for us. He's such a good scorer in so many ways (shooting, driving, getting to the line). Minimizing his trips to the line (and keeping our guys out of foul trouble) will be a key consideration.

It's going to be a tough assignment. But hopefully we can take away everyone else. If we can do that, then Delaney will have trouble beating us on his own.

And of course, scoring efficiently will increase our margin for error defensively. If we get our typical scoring effort in home games, we should be fine.

Indoor66
02-19-2010, 08:47 AM
Yeah, Delaney is a concern for us. He's such a good scorer in so many ways (shooting, driving, getting to the line). Minimizing his trips to the line (and keeping our guys out of foul trouble) will be a key consideration.

It's going to be a tough assignment. But hopefully we can take away everyone else. If we can do that, then Delaney will have trouble beating us on his own.

And of course, scoring efficiently will increase our margin for error defensively. If we get our typical scoring effort in home games, we should be fine.

If Delaney gets 25 or 30 and nobody else gets more than 5, it is a long night for VT. Team defense is the key. I can see Delaney getting 15 and Duke winning big.

MChambers
02-19-2010, 09:44 AM
VT doesn't shoot many threes, and when it does it doesn't make them, meaning that VT is 327th in percentage of points from threes. They aren't all that great from 2 point range, either, but they don't turn the ball over, and they rebound pretty well. Boxing out will be a key for Duke, as will not fouling excessively.

Fish80
02-19-2010, 10:39 AM
Has Jeff Allen cleaned up is act? IIRC, he's the dude who was suspended for "making contact" with a referee.

And Brian spells his name with an "i", not a "y".

Jumbo
02-19-2010, 10:41 AM
I don't like the fact this thread was started by someone other than Sage Grouse ...

hotbutteredseoul
02-19-2010, 10:45 AM
This is not a really relevant or analytical post, but I went to school with one of the guys on the Tech team, #32, Paul Debnam. He doesn't play much, but he's a pretty awesome guy (surprisingly so, for a Hokie). The Crazies could definitely call him out in warm-ups for growing up in a town called "Farmville" and thus being a hick. Farmville's pretty easy money for jokes.

Neals384
02-19-2010, 12:33 PM
Have to take issue with some of TechSideline's analysis. "They did however visit some foul-trouble that plagued at least two outta their three Big-3 or S-3 players (Scheyer, Smith and Singler). So start there with a closer look at those three all-conference candidates, then a look at how things drop off behind them, which speaks rather eloquently to how Duke’s play dropped of several notches in those 4 L’s when at least two of those three had to sit with foul-trouble."

It's true that there were some foul trouble in the losses (Singler vs. GTown, Smith vs. Tech). But look at the minutes and you can see that having reduced minutes for the big three is not why Duke lost those games:

GTown: Scheyer 38, Smith 36, Singler 38
NCST: 39, 40, 40
GTech: 39, 33, 38
Wisc: 39, 37, 40

Also, he seems to think Smith is the PG and Scheyer the 2. Makes you wonder if he's watched even one Duke game all year.

But I do have to agree with his first sentence:

"Plain and simple, beating the second best team in the A.C.C. on our homecourt on national TV is about as good as it gets."

Yup.

Neal

sdotbarbee
02-19-2010, 01:27 PM
Delaney will get his points we just have to defend everyone else. I would be more worried if the game was at VT but we have been very good at home so I say we win big. VT just doesn't have the size to compete, plus they have played an easy schedule to get those 21 wins.

DoubleDuke Dad
02-19-2010, 02:28 PM
Delaney will get his points we just have to defend everyone else. I would be more worried if the game was at VT but we have been very good at home so I say we win big. VT just doesn't have the size to compete, plus they have played an easy schedule to get those 21 wins.

VT is 6-0 at home and 2-3 on the road in the ACC. Also their shooting percentage is .429 (Duke .453), three point percentage .317 (Duke .395) and free throw percentage .715 (Duke .757).

sdotbarbee
02-19-2010, 03:21 PM
VT is 6-0 at home and 2-3 on the road in the ACC. Also their shooting percentage is .429 (Duke .453), three point percentage .317 (Duke .395) and free throw percentage .715 (Duke .757).

So are you agreeing with me? :D

whereinthehellami
02-19-2010, 04:14 PM
I watched a few Hokie games this year and they want it U-G-L-Y, like you ain't go no alibi-ugly. Any beauty concerning the game of basketball will have to be brought by Duke. The Hokies don't have the talent of most ACC teams and they know it. They have to beat teams with effort and toughness. And Duke usually matches teams with effort, so that leaves the whole toughness part.

Greenberg has really had to fight to get any talent in Blacksburg. For the most part he has had to develop it and outside of Gary Williams, I think he has been the best in the ACC at doing just that. With said VT has some guys lined up over the next two years that could turn the tide for Seth.

If Delaney stays, they will pretty much bring back everyone and add two decent offensive recruits next year. Garland is undersized scorer from Philly who is known for his toughness and scoring in the city league. The other is rated even higher and is an athletic 6-7 wing (Jarrell Eddie) that can score inside or out. CJ Barksdale comes in the next year and is another higly rated, athletic 6-7 wing. In other words, the Hokies being in the upper eschelon of the ACC might not be a fluke.

moonpie23
02-19-2010, 04:21 PM
i remember in 05 when seth greenburg was ejected from CIS.....they hadn't been in the league long enough for outright hatred, but some thugish play led them down that path..

after a while, i started following seth in the media, and then, one day he was on Jim rome's radio show and he was very entertaining....

since then i've grown to be a fan of his...follow him on twitter and read his stuff online....

i'll be a-hatin this sunday tho...:)

DoubleDuke Dad
02-19-2010, 04:33 PM
So are you agreeing with me? :D

Absolutely. It is hard to imagine even with their easy schedule how they are 21-4.

whereinthehellami
02-19-2010, 04:38 PM
i remember in 05 when seth greenburg was ejected from CIS.....they hadn't been in the league long enough for outright hatred, but some thugish play led them down that path..

after a while, i started following seth in the media, and then, one day he was on Jim rome's radio show and he was very entertaining....

since then i've grown to be a fan of his...follow him on twitter and read his stuff online....

i'll be a-hatin this sunday tho...:)

I think Seth and VT have a developed a genuine relationship with each other. Coming in, Seth's hire was not viewed as a successful hire by alot of Hokies and VT was still trying to develop their basketball personality. Seth came in and quickly unpacked his bags, rolled up his sleeves, and went to work. Seth has put alot of time into reaching out to the students. The students in turn have embraced Seth and identify with his blue collar approach to coaching (Seth works really hard on the recruiting trail). The Hokies have just finished a 21 million dollar facility that was highlighted on ESPN 2 the other night. I don't know if its as nice as Duke's facility but it is a big step for VT and a sign that the University is on the same page with Seth and the growing VT basketball personna.

grossbus
02-19-2010, 04:57 PM
How chippy will VT be this time around?

SilkyJ
02-19-2010, 05:02 PM
I don't like the fact this thread was started by someone other than Sage Grouse ...

That's what I said!!!

Now I'm gonna have to wear my underwear inside-out and my shirts backwards all weekend, then actually ASK Bob Green to post in the Scheyer Stats thread just to counter the reverse-mojulation.

HateCarolina
02-20-2010, 12:41 AM
At Campbell?!? Everyone fears the Camels!

Hey now...you don't want to be coming into Buies Creek to mess with the Camels....with the new arena they're picking it up!!!

HateCarolina
02-20-2010, 12:54 AM
This is not a really relevant or analytical post, but I went to school with one of the guys on the Tech team, #32, Paul Debnam. He doesn't play much, but he's a pretty awesome guy (surprisingly so, for a Hokie). The Crazies could definitely call him out in warm-ups for growing up in a town called "Farmville" and thus being a hick. Farmville's pretty easy money for jokes.

Is that Farmville, VA or NC?

slower
02-20-2010, 08:54 AM
Just bumping this DUKE thread back to the top, since 7 of the top 8 threads currently deal with the Holes.

hotbutteredseoul
02-20-2010, 01:32 PM
Is that Farmville, VA or NC?

Definitely VA. Can't tell you how much we hate that scrub town from NC.

Nrrrrvous
02-20-2010, 01:51 PM
Being a ’95 Hokie (but a Duke fan from birth, or shortly thereafter:)), I follow Tech closely so I thought I would toss my $.02 in before the game. I’ll keep it short, promise…

Everything points to a Duke victory, especially playing at CIS. If this game were in Blacksburg I would be locking myself in my house, unplugging all forms of communication (except DBR!) and burning incense in front of my ’91-’92 Blue Devil Cap (worn EVERY day of that season - partly responsible for the repeat!;)) for the weekend.

Here are some things that worry me a bit, though, that could un-align the planets and allow the Hokies to leave with a W. In order of undesirableness… (Hokie education remember)

1 – The big 3 come out “tired”, we’ve seen it before, shots not making it to the rim, not getting the loose balls, lethargic on defense. I believe Delaney and Hudson can sense this in opposing guards and really drive right by them on offense, pick off passes on D. (VT-Seton Hall)

2 – The Refs deliver an Academy Award to Delaney and hand him the trophy. Even he admits that he acts a lot and will continue to do so until it doesn’t work any more. If he draws some quick ones on Nolan/Jon, look out. (VT-Clemson)

3 – Duke gets complacent with the lead. One thing about the Hokies, they never look like they are behind by 10 or 15. If Duke jumps out early, which I believe we will, but then starts to play stall-ball or even just less aggressive, could be trouble. (first VT-UVA)

With the combination of how well we’ve been handling opposing big men and how Jeff Allen tends to disappear in big games, I think we’ll be OK under the basket, none of the other big men should scare us. JT Thompson can be hard to handle when he gets fired up, so let’s not give him any reason to get so. (15pts, 7rbs second half of first VT-UVA)

OK, I promised to keep it short, too late. Now that I’ve been thinking about it, I’ve got to go lock the doors and dig out some incense.

Nrrrrvous
02-20-2010, 02:24 PM
Also, he calls it Cameron Indoor Arena. But hey, it's just some dude's blog.

I originally wrote something about predicting a loss if the game were at vpi. Then I realized they lost at unc (the Dean Smith Arena?) and won the home game by only four. Their record is more bloated than I thought. We'll take care of business.

I tend to agree with you but Greenbergs teams are known for playing to the level of their competition. Good and Bad!

bluepenguin
02-20-2010, 05:00 PM
Here is a link to the article: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/blog/_/name/katz_andy/id/4925548/soft-schedule-helping-hokies

Katz made some other interesting points:

"The Hokies did play multiple power-sx schools, but going after teams that were going to be picked either low or in the middle of their respective conferences, except for Temple, can't be ignored."

"What can't be dismissed is the fact that Greenberg took a gamble and it payed off. He played the percentages with his schedule and won enough games against a bit of a softer schedule."

"In the end, what Greenberg did was manipulate a way to earn a bid by winning in a conference that commands respect and earns credibility. Virginia Tech is hardly blazing a new trail as other schools have done this same thing in the past. This is just the latest example of a school figuring out a way to earn a bid."

What VT has done this season underscores the problem with scheduling. The unbalanced ACC schedule allowed the Hokies to avoid road trips to Maryland and Wake Forest. Additionally, their SOS is a 193 with 9 of their 21 wins coming against teams with an RPI below 200! While they probably should be in the tournament, unfortunately their schedule could work against them.

striker219
02-20-2010, 06:37 PM

Sure, but that scrub town has the Duck Rabbit brewery, and the Duck Rabbit brewery makes a milk stout (among others) that is superb. Superb.

What delicious beers does your Farmville have to offer? I'm waiting. (I really am waiting, here in the wine/beer store where I work; I like beer)

BD80
02-20-2010, 06:43 PM
Here is a link to the article: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/blog/_/name/katz_andy/id/4925548/soft-schedule-helping-hokies

What VT has done this season underscores the problem with scheduling. The unbalanced ACC schedule allowed the Hokies to avoid road trips to Maryland and Wake Forest. Additionally, their SOS is a 193 with 9 of their 21 wins coming against teams with an RPI below 200! While they probably should be in the tournament, unfortunately their schedule could work against them.

VT's schedule has been a complete joke. The only "good" wins have been Clemson and GT, both at home. VT is 5-4 on the road, with wins against Penn St, Iowa, UVA, NCSt, and Campbell.

No game is a gimme in the ACC, but this is not a team that will just run over us. It is a good game for us to continue to improve. Delaney will be a good test for our defense, for us to work on help side rotation. If we can't handle Delaney, there will be a lot of teams that could cause us trouble in the tourney.

Bob Green
02-20-2010, 09:03 PM
We are bigger and deeper than Virginia Tech and need to take advantage of our size. Scheyer, Smith, and Singler will get the job done as will Delaney, Hudson, and Allen for Virginia Tech.

I believe the balance of power in this game will be decided by the supporting cast. We need one or two of Zoubek, Thomas, Miles Plumlee, and Mason Plumlee to step up and be a force inside. Virginia Tech is a woeful offensive team, however, they are fifth in the ACC with 13.3 offensive rebounds per game. Our big men must control the glass against the Hokies.

It would be nice to see Dawkins and Kelly continue to contribute. Both players have made positive contributions in limited minutes recently. Specifically, Dawkins has looked much better on defense and Kelly has displayed solid passing skills. Both of these guys need to knockdown jumpers if left open.

Bob Green
02-20-2010, 09:05 PM
Our bigs have to play solid help defense without fouling. Delaney and Hudson are going to try to penetrate and draw fouls. VT averages 18 of their 72.6 points from the foul line. We must limit their trips to the charity stripe.

loldevilz
02-20-2010, 09:21 PM
I'm throwing one out there: I hope that Ryan Kelly has a break out game.

gep
02-20-2010, 11:17 PM
... I believe the balance of power in this game will be decided by the supporting cast. We need one or two of Zoubek, Thomas, Miles Plumlee, and Mason Plumlee to step up and be a force inside. Virginia Tech is a woeful offensive team, however, they are fifth in the ACC with 13.3 offensive rebounds per game. Our big men must control the glass against the Hokies. ...

I look for Zoob. I think he has "got it". Like another poster said in another thread, it might be like learning to ride a bike. All of sudden, you just "get it". I think Zoob is there.

Go DUKE!!!!!

-bdbd
02-20-2010, 11:39 PM
There are match-ups which seem to go both ways. I too worry about Delaney "going off," and am eager to see who starts out guarding him. Smith has the speed, but maybe someone bigger?? I think our front-line looks good in this game -- would love to see some big rebound numbers and 2nd-chance points. The Crazies really need to turn out for this game -- need a good effort guys. Don't fall for a "trap" game!!

Go Duke!! Beat VPI!!!!

P.S. Even with their poor SOS, it is sorta amazing how a team with such a gaudy record as VPI has received so little media attention. Wanna bet they come in with a chip on their collective shoulder?? :eek:

Bomar
02-21-2010, 12:42 AM
There are match-ups which seem to go both ways. I too worry about Delaney "going off," and am eager to see who starts out guarding him. Smith has the speed, but maybe someone bigger??

Smith is quoted in the article on the front page, he say's he's guarding him.

I too, like a previous poster, wonder how chippy this game will be. VT games in the past have been known to be physical. I hope the Dukies pull away with a huge win, but any W will do. GO DUKE!

Papa John
02-21-2010, 07:31 AM
At Campbell?!? Everyone fears the Camels!

Though I can agree with most of your points, I'll take issue with this one... I think the point here might lie more in the fact that a BCS conference school [VaTech] actually sacked up and played a small conference contender on their home court... How many BCS schools actually do that? Do we? When was the last time we did a home-and-away with a school like Campbell? It's a risky proposition, which is why BCS schools tend not to do it...

Also... Seton Hall, though not a bunch of world-beaters, has been a thorny foe in the Big East, which is arguably the best conference this season...

Personally, I don't think VaTech has anything to apologize for standing at 21-4 and 8-3 this season... Some of their previous teams likely would have been standing somewhere around 6-5 or 5-6 thus far in conference, thereby making them a serious bubble team... This version has done what they've needed to do, and should make the big dance...

miramar
02-21-2010, 09:27 AM
I think our biggest advantage is that we will be playing in front of all those buffoons whose parents are paying 60 thousand dollars to sit out in blizzards and dress like KISS. Let's face it, Seth has never gotten over the abuse he got from the Crazies that time he was ejected...

Another question: how many of the crazies are going to dress like KISS tonight?

lpd1982
02-21-2010, 09:59 AM
http://www.accsports.com/blogs/david-glenn/201002207217/david-glenn-chats-with-seth-greenberg.php

OK, we have about half a day to figure out how the Crazies can put Seth in his place...in addition to the Blue Devils winning the game!

jdc75
02-21-2010, 10:07 AM
If you are a parent how would like to have your kid play for a coach who not only allows but encourages nonsense like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZZuG_ygtUg

I would love to hear the Pep band perform a stirring rendition of the Addams Family theme when Seth takes the court.:D

-jk
02-21-2010, 10:09 AM
It's a ploy to get us to focus on Seth, and not his players. Don't fall for it!

Valvano was a master of it.

-jk

sagegrouse
02-21-2010, 10:11 AM
http://www.accsports.com/blogs/david-glenn/201002207217/david-glenn-chats-with-seth-greenberg.php

OK, we have about half a day to figure out how the Crazies can put Seth in his place...in addition to the Blue Devils winning the game!

Re: Seth Greenberg Calls Cameron Crazies Buffoons

As my mother used to say when we kids were hurling names around, "It takes one to know one."

sagegrouse

lpd1982
02-21-2010, 10:12 AM
I have seen the dirt on VT. Don't worry, the Crazies will focus on both. And this team loves their Crazies. They won't cotton to trash talk on their Sixth Man.

brevity
02-21-2010, 10:16 AM
Greenberg on the Cameron Crazies:

“I’ve got a question. If you’re a parent and you’re dropping 60 grand a year - No. 1, would you want your kid sitting out in a blizzard? No. 2 would you want your kid walking into Cameron dressed like KISS? Who’s the guy with the cane and the little skull on top of the cane? Can you imagine the parent of that kid? Are you kidding me? I’m paying 60 grand a year and my child’s dressing like a buffoon?

"Buffoon" traces its roots to the court jester, so the term is probably appropriate for the good-mannered sports fanatic. Embrace it. There's quite a bit of buffoonery in all of college basketball; better to be ahead of the curve, as the Crazies usually are, than behind it.

Personally, I think Gene Simmons would take greater umbrage at Coach Greenberg's statement than should Duke fans.

moonpie23
02-21-2010, 10:18 AM
>>Can you imagine the parent of that kid? Are you kdding me? I’m paying 60 grand a yer and my child’s dressing like a buffoon?<<

knowing the education that my kid is getting for that 60grr would make me feel just dang f-i-n-e !

:)

JonnyWonder
02-21-2010, 10:20 AM

Boston College Tuition - $37,410.00
Duke University Tuition - $31,420.00

So our kids are getting a better education, for cheaper, while watching a superior basketball team FOR FREE in one of the best sports venues in the entire world. Who's the buffoon now?

:D

Lord Ash
02-21-2010, 10:25 AM
If no four Crazies dress like KISS I'll be sorely disappointed.

ReformedAggie
02-21-2010, 10:42 AM
we're playing at home. Duke by 10. that is all.

roywhite
02-21-2010, 10:50 AM
If you are a parent how would like to have your kid play for a coach who not only allows but encourages nonsense like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZZuG_ygtUg

I would love to hear the Pep band perform a stirring rendition of the Addams Family theme when Seth takes the court.:D

http://jonathanshaffer.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/uncle-fester.jpg

The Uncle Fester comparison is an old one, but still works.

Troublemaker
02-21-2010, 11:27 AM
For this season, the first two things I'm in the habit of checking about any opponent are (1) their defensive rebounding rate and (2) whether they have big men that can stretch the defense. I think the best matchup for Duke this season is a team that gives up offensive reboards and has big men that are limited to inside scoring. Duke's offense, when the jumpshots don't fall, really relies on offensive rebounding to score. And Duke's defense, with all the size we have this year, can really compact and shut down teams that don't spread us out. Looking at the stats, VaTech seems to be medicore at defensive rebounding and their big men seem to have limited range. On paper, I like this matchup.

airowe
02-21-2010, 11:43 AM
Boston College Tuition - $37,410.00
Duke University Tuition - $31,420.00

So our kids are getting a better education, for cheaper, while watching a superior basketball team FOR FREE in one of the best sports venues in the entire world. Who's the buffoon now?

:D

[/DISCUSSION]

Nicely done...

AIRFORCEDUKIE
02-21-2010, 11:45 AM

Sorry to take this off topic but was browsing and read this. There is nothing wrong with Farmville NC, most of my family has lived there since the 40's. That is where I developed my unhealthy love of Duke basketball. And there are many duke fans abound. In fact one gave me free tickets to the blue and white game once because he saw me wearing a duke tshirt. Get off your high horse.

Oh yea Go Duke beast VT.

Once again I am sorry to take it off topic.

Airforcedukie:D

phaedrus
02-21-2010, 02:09 PM
I'll be tuning out for this one. As can only happen every 4 years, there's a far more important sports match at the same time. Go Canada!

loldevilz
02-21-2010, 03:58 PM
I was rewatching the miami game and it dawned on me how important it is to get ryan kelly and mason plumlee to become major contributors and to find a proper rotation for them. Those two are immensely talented big men (IMO way more talented than either Zoubek or Thomas). They can pass, shoot, and score and have great instincts.

I really enjoy when Kelly played with Zoubek in Miami. When he was out there we were getting great looks all the time. If it wasn't for the fouls and turnovers and poor shooting it would have been much more impressive. Still he had a positive +/- during that terrible first half. I think that he not only brings size and great passing ability, but his offensive movement is excellent. He catches the ball in the high post and can make great passes. He touched the ball on almost every successful possession. He still doesn't have Lance's defensive prowess, but I think that he's showing much improvement.

I'm still not sure how Mason can get involved. I'll be interested to see how K uses him. He obviously is very talented, but I'm not sure that playing with his brother brings out his best play. He still has time to find a way.

pfrduke
02-21-2010, 04:00 PM
I'm still not sure how Mason can get involved. I'll be interested to see how K uses him. He obviously is very talented, but I'm not sure that playing with his brother brings out his best play. He still has time to find a way.

Do you mean Miles? Because Mason has been pretty darned involved lately.

loldevilz
02-21-2010, 04:17 PM
Do you mean Miles? Because Mason has been pretty darned involved lately.

I meant like a good rotation. I feel like playing with Miles has not been very productive. Last game they didn't play well together at all. He's playing minutes but lately not at a high enough level.

MChambers
02-21-2010, 04:51 PM
In Pomeroy, Duke's offense is ranked #1 in efficiency, and VT's defense is #6. I don't think VT has played any particulary good offenses this year (most ACC offenses aren't very good this year -- Maryland and Duke are the exceptions, but VT hasn't played either yet).

It will be interesting to see if VT's defense is really that good against a top notch offense, especially on the road.

RoyalBlue08
02-21-2010, 06:50 PM
For this season, the first two things I'm in the habit of checking about any opponent are (1) their defensive rebounding rate and (2) whether they have big men that can stretch the defense. I think the best matchup for Duke this season is a team that gives up offensive reboards and has big men that are limited to inside scoring. Duke's offense, when the jumpshots don't fall, really relies on offensive rebounding to score. And Duke's defense, with all the size we have this year, can really compact and shut down teams that don't spread us out. Looking at the stats, VaTech seems to be medicore at defensive rebounding and their big men seem to have limited range. On paper, I like this matchup.

I couldn't agree more! I think this is a very good matchup for us. Hopefully that translates into a big win tonight!

riverside6
02-21-2010, 07:24 PM
live tempo-based stats for the game can be found here...

http://scacchoops.com/ViewHDGame.asp?hSchedule=3828

Starters for both teams are posted.

pfrduke
02-21-2010, 07:54 PM
I'm not normally one who says this, but waaaaaaaaaay too many threes early on.

dairedevil
02-21-2010, 07:59 PM
I'm not normally one who says this, but waaaaaaaaaay too many threes early on.

You wouldn't be saying that if they were going in.
However, I agree, need to get some inside game going on.

And, could Mason NOT get 2 fouls in 30 seconds! So frustrating!

pfrduke
02-21-2010, 08:06 PM
You wouldn't be saying that if they were going in.
However, I agree, need to get some inside game going on.

And, could Mason NOT get 2 fouls in 30 seconds! So frustrating!

We're taking them without really getting the ball inside the 3 point line on the possession. They're all decent shots, but they've been quick shots with little pressure put on the defense. I'd rather get them from the inside-out than from just camping outside and chucking. It's not a good offensive approach, regardless of whether they're going in.

slower
02-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Not very impressive. Not at all.

pfrduke
02-21-2010, 08:10 PM
Brian Zoubek = offensive rebound machine.

Hermy-own
02-21-2010, 08:10 PM
Not very impressive. Not at all.

It isn't the Plumlee's fault! We have been taking WAY WAY too many threes. And it isn't just threes - it's jumpshots as well. Only Scheyer has been really driving to the hole. Miles has been making some mistakes on his chances, and Mason obviously picked up his fouls too quickly. But it isn't like they have been involved in the offense enough for us to tell how they are doing. Zoubs has been a monster on the offensive glass.

EDIT: We are in this game thanks to Cameron. The crowd and the energy is helping force VT turnovers which are keeping us in the game.

dairedevil
02-21-2010, 08:12 PM
" This is a lousy ball game." "It's gotten to be a pattern." (the slow starts)
"K needs to tell them to start playing ball"

slower
02-21-2010, 08:17 PM
It isn't the Plumlee's fault!

It's ENTIRELY their own fault for committing stupid fouls!

Tucknut
02-21-2010, 08:27 PM
As well as Zoub has played offensively the last few games, you'd think he'd get at least a touch or two. :confused:

basket1544
02-21-2010, 08:28 PM
Sharp shooting Chicagoan... nice.

-jk
02-21-2010, 08:29 PM
As well as Zoub has played offensively the last few games, you'd think he'd get at least a touch or two. :confused:

They're playing the passing lanes really well.

-jk

dairedevil
02-21-2010, 08:35 PM
Looks like the refs really don't want this game to get out of hand. Awful lot of quick whistles. I imagine Seth is not happy.

loran16
02-21-2010, 08:39 PM
Jeez. What a poor last 2 minutes to end the half, 6-0 VT run right now.

It would really help to score here with the last possession.

ivydevil
02-21-2010, 08:39 PM
Argh! They're showing D. Washington highlights. Those are painful to watch.

FerryFor50
02-21-2010, 08:41 PM
ah, the backhand ref gripe by Greenburg. 2nd whiniest coach in th ACC...

DukieInBrasil
02-21-2010, 08:43 PM
Is it possible that the coaching staff can't get Mason to stop reaching in for fouls after opponents rebounds? 3 fouls in the 1st half, terrible.
We closed out the half in a horrible way, we were up 10 and let them close the gap to 5 at half-time.
Terrible shooting, but getting to the line and shooting ok from 3. It's good to be up at the half, but the boys need to wake up and start making shots from 2pt land. Several strait games where we have shot terribly from 2.

HokieEngineer
02-21-2010, 08:44 PM
ah, the backhand ref gripe by Greenburg. 2nd whiniest coach in th ACC...

You have to admit that there was some home cookin' goin' on there. (Thomas certainly moved on the 3rd Delaney foul.)

Kdogg
02-21-2010, 08:44 PM
We have 7 field goals in the game with 6 being three points. That's a bit troubling.

Morris614
02-21-2010, 08:45 PM
You have to admit that there was some home cookin' goin' on there. (Thomas certainly moved on the 3rd Delaney foul.)

I thought that was a bad call too, but compared to the UK/Vandy game last night these refs are great.

FerryFor50
02-21-2010, 08:45 PM

Like the foul on Scheyer where Delaney pushed into him? Or the foul on Z where Delaney had ahold of his arm on a loose ball? Please.

And it's kind of typical for Hokies fans not to understand the rules enough to know that a charge doesn't have to have the defender completely motionless. Delaney was out of control.

moonpie23
02-21-2010, 08:46 PM
jon is missing shots that have been money for him....little layups, chippies, etc.....i dunno what's up with him right now..

they are trying their best to get andre off, but he is really tentative and out of position most of the time...

klunky klunky game :( we sure don't look like "national powerhouse DUKE" right now...

MChambers
02-21-2010, 08:47 PM

Welcome to the boards! (As a tip, you're probably not going to have a great discussions about specific calls, especially during a game.)

Morris614
02-21-2010, 08:47 PM
doesnt look like Dawkins confidence is gonna get any higher after that first half....

HokieEngineer
02-21-2010, 08:48 PM
Like the foul on Scheyer where Delaney pushed into him? Or the foul on Z where Delaney had ahold of his arm on a loose ball? Please.

He hasn't set a stationary pick yet.

FerryFor50
02-21-2010, 08:49 PM
He hasn't set a stationary pick yet.

Again, read the rule book, then come discuss calls.

Saratoga2
02-21-2010, 08:49 PM
Good

Zoubek playing well again. Rebounding and screening well. Still brought the ball down but only once. Only two fouls

Singler solid overall play. Little foolish with a couple of fouls

Thomas is playing very good defense. The overall team defense is good with only a few lapses

Getting opportunities to shoot foul shots

Bad

Scheyer and Smith careless with the ball. Not shooting well

Plumlees had a very poor half. Too many fouls by Mason and a couple by Miles. Miles having trouble catching the ball again.

Shooting is not too good, especially on layups. Why can't we make a layup when it is right there. Dawkins not hitting his shots.

Going forward, we have to play and take better care of the ball. Plumlees need to do something positive. Hustle back on defense like Thomas. Maybe Kelly should get some PT, since the Plumlees are not doing the job

riverside6
02-21-2010, 08:51 PM
halftime tempo-based stats...

http://scacchoops.com/ViewHDGame.asp?hSchedule=3828

Duke turning it over more than usual at 26% and took more 3's than usual at 60% of their FG attempts.

DBFAN
02-21-2010, 08:53 PM
did anyone hear Greenberg (Sp?) at halftime, talking about how they were joking that Delaney would get 2 fouls in warm ups? I wish the league would do something with this crybaby!

FerryFor50
02-21-2010, 08:55 PM
did anyone hear Greenberg (Sp?) at halftime, talking about how they were joking that Delaney would get 2 fouls in warm ups? I wish the league would do something with this crybaby!

Did you see the incredulous look he had on his face when his player knocked Nolan backwards stepping out 30 feet from the basket and got called for it? Hilarious.

FerryFor50
02-21-2010, 09:00 PM
Anyone know why they don't zone up more when Z is in the game?

jv001
02-21-2010, 09:07 PM
Play some defense on the ball guys...Go Duke!

FerryFor50
02-21-2010, 09:10 PM
Gosh, Duke sure gets allll the calls... :p:rolleyes:

KShip21
02-21-2010, 09:11 PM
the hokies don't have anything to talk about when all the calls start going their way...

Tappan Zee Devil
02-21-2010, 09:11 PM
Well

Five fouls this half for us and none for them
lead down to 1

and it looks like we will need to depend on Kelly and Miles as bisgs for much of the half

this game has been just weird.

jv001
02-21-2010, 09:12 PM
Getting out played at this point. Refs not doing it. Go Duke!

FerryFor50
02-21-2010, 09:12 PM
Well

Five fouls this half for us and none for them
lead down to 1

and it looks like we will need to depend on Kelly and Miles as bisgs for much of the half

this game has been just weird.

VT never fouls Just plays tough, hard-nosed, physical defense. :rolleyes:

FerryFor50
02-21-2010, 09:13 PM
Taking lots of 3s... even in transition.

AlaskanAssassin
02-21-2010, 09:19 PM
Mason taking his frustration by taking the 3. He's not getting the ball down low!

FerryFor50
02-21-2010, 09:20 PM
Mason taking his frustration by taking the 3. He's not getting the ball down low!

Hard to get the ball down low when everyone's jacking 3s. I know most of them have been open, but if they're not fallin, you gotta try something else.

jv001
02-21-2010, 09:21 PM
Taking lots of 3s... even in transition.

Yeh and we're not hitting them. Need some easy baskets. No foul shots or inside game. Go Duke!

loran16
02-21-2010, 09:22 PM
Zoo is doing such good work and its completely not paying off because no one is converting his offensive boards.....let him take a shot! He hasn't taken one yet!

jv001
02-21-2010, 09:22 PM
Thank God for Kyle.

FerryFor50
02-21-2010, 09:23 PM
I notice the Tech players are getting under foot of a lot of the jump shooters, like Bruce Bowen was famous for. A little dirty, but I think it's throwing off the shots a little...

FerryFor50
02-21-2010, 09:27 PM
That's what happens when you get away with contact all game (re: Bell of VT). When a call finally goes against you, you whine.

FerryFor50
02-21-2010, 09:28 PM
Z is well on his way to another MOTM.

loran16
02-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Zoo is unbelievable this game. Wow. Man of the Match so far...with only the points he just made too!

dairedevil
A basket by somebody other than the 3.

ice-9
Drive boys, drive!

pfrduke
We would be getting killed in this game without Z killing it on the offensive glass....

Absolutely huge rebounding performance.

licc85
zoubek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WiJoe
02-21-2010, 09:30 PM
Zoub gets first basket other than Jon, Kyle or Nolan

:eek:

jv001
02-21-2010, 09:30 PM
I have to believe that Jon's back is hurting worse than we know. Shot is way off and his defense is not what usually is. Good to see us driving the ball more. Go Duke!

FerryFor50
02-21-2010, 09:38 PM
I have to believe that Jon's back is hurting worse than we know. Shot is way off and his defense is not what usually is. Good to see us driving the ball more. Go Duke!

I don't think so. The whole team is shooting like garbage, Delaney is having a pretty good 2nd half, and he's getting double teamed a lot.

VanDuk
02-21-2010, 09:39 PM
It feels so good to be able to cheer for Zoub. The boy has eat his Wheaties these last 3 games.

Zouberman!

jv001
02-21-2010, 09:40 PM
I don't think so. The whole team is shooting like garbage, Delaney is having a pretty good 2nd half, and he's getting double teamed a lot.

Probably right. After He and Nolan did the little jump/bump. If he was hurting, I don't think thjey would do that. Go Duke!

WiJoe
02-21-2010, 09:41 PM

I wouldn't argue that. Backs can be such a pain in the *ss.

DukieInBrasil
02-21-2010, 09:43 PM
f'ugly game. Why can't we get a few more shots for Z and maybe a few less by Jon when he is shooting 20% from the floor? He needs to recognize when he's hurting the team.
Another monster game on the glass from Z, saving the bacon for the rest of the team.

Coballs
02-21-2010, 09:44 PM
Zoubek looks like a new man out there. He's playing smarter, staying out of foul trouble, jumping higher, quicker to loose balls, and playing with intensity. He's a become a huge difference maker.

Virginia Tech is still a bunch of punks. These games are always ugly..

Underdog5
02-21-2010, 09:46 PM
Don't think he'll get away with it due to replay.

TNDukeFan
02-21-2010, 09:47 PM
for "our house," isn't it?

pfrduke
Classy swipe across the face by Hudson. Can't believe that's just a double-T.

FerryFor50
Don't think he'll get away with it due to replay.

New year, same Hokies.

FerryFor50
02-21-2010, 09:48 PM
Classy swipe across the face by Hudson. Can't believe that's just a double-T.

Wow, so I guess open hand slaps are legal.

loran16
02-21-2010, 09:49 PM
Eh, The way nolan reacted made it seem like it wasn't a hard hit at all, I'm fine with no ejection and maybe a double T.

Just finish em off guys.

VanDuk
Congrats on another class act Seth Greenberg. Douche.

FerryFor50
Eh, The way nolan reacted made it seem like it wasn't a hard hit at all, I'm fine with no ejection and maybe a double T.

Just finish em off guys.

Don't you need Nolan to be doing something to get a T?

_Gary
02-21-2010, 09:50 PM
Can't believe, after looking at the replay, that Hudson didn't get thrown out. That was the equivalent of a punch thrown! Plus, he's the one that walked all the way over to jaw with Nolan.

Underdog5
02-21-2010, 09:51 PM

Just finish em off guys.

Let's stay loose and finish this strong.

FerryFor50
02-21-2010, 09:51 PM
Can't believe, after looking at the replay, that Hudson didn't get thrown out. That was the equivalent of a punch thrown! Plus, he's the one that walked all the way over to jaw with Nolan.

Maybe the ACC will take a look.