PDA

View Full Version : MBB: Connecticut 84, (3) Villanova 75

moonpie23
02-15-2010, 08:51 PM
up 10 - 5 min to go...

pfrduke
02-15-2010, 08:52 PM
UCONN up 10 on Nova at Nova with 5:15 to play. If the lead holds, each of the top 4 teams in the Big East will have fallen victim to an upset loss in the last 4 days.

G man
02-15-2010, 08:54 PM
He still has no conscious at all!

Acymetric
02-15-2010, 08:57 PM
He still has no conscious at all!

0-6 from 3 (so far). But with 2 steals?

jv001
02-15-2010, 09:15 PM
Nova not giving up. down 5 with 15 seconds.

Saratoga2
02-15-2010, 09:22 PM
Top teams continue to lose. We just need to continue to win.

Indoor66
02-15-2010, 09:25 PM
Top teams continue to lose. We just need to continue to win.

That winning has always been the magic formula.

SMO
02-15-2010, 09:33 PM
Stanley Robinson narrowly missed a dubious triple double with 10pts, 9 rebounds, and 10 turnovers!

BD80
02-15-2010, 09:47 PM
0-6 from 3 (so far). But with 2 steals?

For those who lamented the departure of Taylor King, and pointed to his early "success" at Villanova:

First 10 games, 23 of 48 from 3, avg 24.3 mpg.

Last 15 games, 11 of 44 from 3, 19 mpg

InSpades
02-16-2010, 12:59 AM
I only caught part of this game but the part I did see the announcer was talking about Taylor King and said something to the effect of:

"At Duke Taylor King thought that he couldn't miss a shot or he'd be taken out. Now at Villanova he knows that even if he misses a few shots he can stay in the game if he contributes in other ways... steals, rebounds, etc."

It just seemed to portray Duke and Coach K in a negative light which is rather undeserved. Like Coach K doesn't value rebounding and defense or something?

blueprofessor
02-16-2010, 07:31 AM
I only caught part of this game but the part I did see the announcer was talking about Taylor King and said something to the effect of:

"At Duke Taylor King thought that he couldn't miss a shot or he'd be taken out. Now at Villanova he knows that even if he misses a few shots he can stay in the game if he contributes in other ways... steals, rebounds, etc."

It just seemed to portray Duke and Coach K in a negative light which is rather undeserved. Like Coach K doesn't value rebounding and defense or something?

...that Taylor's playing time at Duke was adversely affected by his being overweight, out-of-shape, lacking in defensive effectiveness,and being one-dimensional.
The comment was definitely a slap at Coach K and begged explanation by a knowledgeable commentator.
An opportunity for balanced reporting missed.
Best--Blueprofessor:)

uh_no
02-16-2010, 11:40 AM

tk would come out when he missed a shot because that was all he ever did was shoot.....he had some sort of revelation at nova that he had to play defense and be effective off the ball to be a good player and stay off the bench

blueprofessor
02-16-2010, 01:08 PM
tk would come out when he missed a shot because that was all he ever did was shoot.....he had some sort of revelation at nova that he had to play defense and be effective off the ball to be a good player and stay off the bench

Taylor averaged a FGA every 2.17 minutes and a 3FGA every 2.89 minutes at Duke.
J.J. Redick, on the other hand, averaged a FGA every 2.48 minutes and a 3FGA every 4.2 minutes at Duke.
No hard feelings. I hope TK has a good career at Villanova, but not against us.
Best regards
--Blueprofessor:D