PDA

View Full Version : If You live in the Triangle, how do you get your TV games?

moonpie23
02-15-2010, 05:24 PM
It's been suggested that those listeners not liking the TV talent tune into Bob Harris on 620 The buzz radio broadcasts. Those broadcasts are ahead of the action on the tv screen with varying results......anywhere from 7-15 seconds depending on the TV broadcaster.

If we could get some suitable info on this poll to direct to the operations manager at 620, we could possibly persuade them to delay the RADIO broadcast enough to get a decent synch to the action on the TV..

Since all the TV providers are ALL different in THIER delay, it would prolly only make sense to see who has the dominant market share here in the 620 listening area....(remember, the games are NOT streamed, even tho the station is)

this is a long shot....but hey !.....so was the 91 team...

DukeUsul
02-15-2010, 09:35 PM
Nice idea. I've learned to just turn the volume down and tune out the TV guys. I'd love to listen to Bob while watching.

moonpie23
02-15-2010, 10:05 PM
so far, it's about what i thought it was....percentage wise...

wanna keep it on the front page so folks will see it....

Farlan
02-15-2010, 10:37 PM
On twc there's even a difference between the hd channel and the regular channel. During the unc game my son was watching on 255 (wralhd) and I was watching on channel 3 (regular wral) and he was getting the feed 6 or 7 seconds before me.

mike88
02-16-2010, 04:35 AM
http://www.sportsyncradio.com/

They sell a radio that has the ability to delay so that you can synch with TV. I have not tried it but it may be easier than persuading 620 to change their broadcast . . .

wilko
02-16-2010, 07:29 AM
announcers schmouncers..

fergit objectivity, broadcasting format and standards...

I've always thought it would be fun and cool to listen to listen to the game from the point of view of 2 rabid fans.... one for each team... talking cash B$ to one another over the course of the game.

Now that would be something I'd seek out to synch with a game.

SupaDave
02-16-2010, 09:03 AM
announcers schmouncers..

I've always thought it would be fun and cool to listen to listen to the game from the point of view of 2 rabid fans.... one for each team... talking cash B$ to one another over the course of the game.

This sounds more like Beavis and Butthead...

moonpie23
02-16-2010, 09:11 AM
i think that's on MONDAY nights .... ;)

wilko
02-16-2010, 09:17 AM
This sounds more like Beavis and Butthead...

and sadly, this would still be better than alot of talking heads..
(yanno' Butthead WAS the smart one...)

DevilWolf
02-16-2010, 09:47 AM
announcers schmouncers..

They've done this for English Premier League matches. It's fun for about 10 minutes and then you wish both of them would just shut up.

elvis14
02-16-2010, 10:09 AM
I DVR most of the games and watch very few in real time. I'm always pausing and rewinding to see things. For example, off the ball fouls that you can miss I like to rewind and watch.

As for announcers, most are just not good to Duke. They'll give us the obvious compliments but spend much of the game being apologetic for the team we are thumping and spends a lot of the broadcast telling everyone how great the other guys are. I've watched so much Duke ball that I went from not noticing it to being acutely aware of the bias to trying to ignore it so it doesn't detract from the game.

If anyone has the UNC game from last week saved take a look and notice that every single decent play by the Holes got a replay/highlight. Whereas our plays go occasional replays. Annoying example of how the coverage dogs us.

UrinalCake
02-16-2010, 10:51 AM
They sell a radio that has the ability to delay so that you can synch with TV. I have not tried it but it may be easier than persuading 620 to change their broadcast . . .

Yeah, I'm thinking there's got to be a way to digitally delay the radio signal. Does 620 provide their broadcast online? If so, I would think there would be a software solution to this problem. In fact the online broadcast might already be delayed a little.

moonpie23
02-16-2010, 10:44 PM
620 does NOT stream the game... :(

mike88
02-16-2010, 11:13 PM
I am getting 620 on an Internet stream loud and clear here in Sydney Australia. I will send you the link from home, but it has worked fine for me. With Justin.tv and 620, I have been in great shape for keeping up with games over here . . .

moonpie23
02-16-2010, 11:14 PM
620 STREAMS....but they are not allowed to stream the game.....